Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by 79S
[quote=Birdwatcher]That’s quite the assumption on your part. Also funny coming from a guy who trying to piece together this show on 2-4 minute clips on you tube.

Um… the real problem when I wrote that was lack of a “suggestion of comical irony if that were really so” emoji.

Piecing together a show on the basis of numerous clips would most apply to Peaky Blinders. But I’ve pretty much got it down. The best part was Oswald Mosley, pre-war fascist as “Satan himself”. All of interest/familiarity to me as I was raised working class English in the ‘60’s.

I think I’m up to about ten Shogun clips now. Not hard to plug things in since I remember the book (a really good read).

Actually I’m waiting to see if Blackthorne really does give Kiku (??) to a stunned Omi at the end.

32 inch tvs are 99 bucks hulu is like 14 bucks and you can use your phone as a hotspot. You cannot be that broke..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
No

Prob’ly because you have no interest in other cultures….

Because I don't sleep on the floor?

Exactly, and you insist on A/C and hot water.

Even though three of my grandparents were White I’m still sensitive to other cultures.

oh boy, you realize Jim is part of one the most marginalized groups in this country Mr. culturally sensitive?? He is half Alaska Native. AN/AI are the most marginalized groups in this country.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is about the only sub titled far East movie worth a schit . Only the brain dead think FX`s Shogun is worth more than 10 minutes if their time .Of course it does not take much to satisfy some of the mental midgets here . About all I saw of any value was the costuming of the characters .

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I remember watching the original "Shogun" when I was a kid. The boiling oil torture was very disturbing.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
oh boy, you realize Jim is part of one the most marginalized groups in this country Mr. culturally sensitive?? He is half Alaska Native. AN/AI are the most marginalized groups in this country.

Ya, I got all of that, I was just hoping he would ask me about my other grandparent, see, three of them were White.

But ya prob’ly ruined it….

…prob’ly weren’t that funny anyway.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I think it's quite well done.

Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
I've been wondering about that other grandparent.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I think it's a great show. Takes pains to be authentic (seems to me anyway). All Japanese actors to play Japanese parts.

As opposed to Warrior on Prime about Chinese in CA in the 1800's. All flavor of Asians playing Chinese parts, along with graphic homosexuality and retarded storylines and impossible fight scenes.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
I've been wondering about that other grandparent.

….he was White too 🙂

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Huntz
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is about the only sub titled far East movie worth a schit . Only the brain dead think FX`s Shogun is worth more than 10 minutes if their time .Of course it does not take much to satisfy some of the mental midgets here . About all I saw of any value was the costuming of the characters .

Says the guy struggling to understand this show and stopped watching after 10 minutes. You acting out like you are is completely acceptable.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 79S

Says the guy struggling to understand this show and stopped watching after 10 minutes. You acting out like you are is completely acceptable.

I hate to be unkind, but Huntz is one of the downsy accounts on instagram

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I think it's a great show. Takes pains to be authentic (seems to me anyway). All Japanese actors to play Japanese parts.

Japanese attitudes too. Japanese attitudes towards sex were a lot more matter-of-fact, judged or not judged by a different code of ethics. In this Japanese version Mariko and Blackthorne like each other, so when she hears her husband Buntaro is dead she sneaks into Blackthorne’s room and sleeps with him, sneaks out before dawn.

Adds tension to the plot to be sure, but it’s not the central theme as it was in the American version.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I liked and enjoyed the book written in English, and it would be nicer watching the series not needing to read the captions.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Let me suggest a few:

Red Cliff (C)
The Great Battle (K)
The Grand Heist (K)
The War of the Arrows (K)
The Admiral: Roaring Currents (K)
All of the Detective K movies from Korea
The Assassins (K)
A Hard Day (K)
Suspect (K)
The Man from Nowhere (K)
The Age of Blood (K) (don’t be put off by the comic-book introduction)

Not all qualify as “Godfather” quality, but all were enjoyable, some are educational with regard to Asian history.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
32 inch tvs are 99 bucks hulu is like 14 bucks and you can use your phone as a hotspot. You cannot be that broke..

Thanks for the suggestion, seriously. I don’t have streaming, TV channels etc because I ain’t ready yet to become some old guy sitting at home alone watching TV. So instead I’m some old guy sitting at home alone looking at a crapload of YouTubes and getting on the ‘Fire 🙂 Actually, I ain’t at the house much.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 12344mag, 16penny, 62 invisible), 2,383 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,824
Posts18,477,888
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.