Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Westman
My question is, why in sam hell doesn't Israel take care of this issue? There must be a lot more involved........follow the money?

Most of the puzzle is our own internally inconsistent politics regarding Israel. We have a pretty strong pro-Israel faction in congress. We provide them with funding and equipment .. and tacit support .. to use whenever we want to bloody someone's nose in the middle east but don't want to take responsibility ourselves. That support is pretty steady. And yet, we have a bleeding heart faction which wants to withhold funding and support any time Israel does our dirty work too well. That is further confused by our increasing isolationism. We leave Israel in a tenuous position. And .. they are not innocent of being our patsies either, they're pretty willing.

So .. so far as retaliating against Iran, I think Israel likely senses that they've already reached the limit of our support given the body count in Gaza and that this isn't the time to push further by attacking Iran. I could be wrong, though, and they could be bombing the [bleep] out of Tehran as I type. They're a bit .. unpredictable.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
GB4

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by T_O_M
My question is, why in sam hell doesn't Israel take care of this issue? There must be a lot more involved........follow the money?

Most of the puzzle is our own internally inconsistent politics regarding Israel. We have a pretty strong pro-Israel faction in congress. We provide them with funding and equipment .. and tacit support .. to use whenever we want to bloody someone's nose in the middle east but don't want to take responsibility ourselves. That support is pretty steady. And yet, we have a bleeding heart faction which wants to withhold funding and support any time Israel does our dirty work too well. That is further confused by our increasing isolationism. We leave Israel in a tenuous position. And .. they are not innocent of being our patsies either, they're pretty willing.

So .. so far as retaliating against Iran, I think Israel likely senses that they've already reached the limit of our support given the body count in Gaza and that this isn't the time to push further by attacking Iran. I could be wrong, though, and they could be bombing the [bleep] out of Tehran as I type. They're a bit .. unpredictable.

This strike was as choreographed as a WWE match. Iran launches a drone attack to save face, telegraphs the necessary intel to allow the US and Israel to shoot down 99% of the vehicles with zero loss of human life so the Israelis not put in a position where they must re-escalate to save face.

Pure Kayfabe.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GAGoober
Iran, just gave Israel a green light & open door for a retaliatory attack on their country. If Israel was ever hoping for an opportunity to take out nuclear sites in Iran and hammer a death blow to that regime, now is the time. Elminate this Muslim extreme regime with extreme prejudice.

As far as I know, Israel has never turned the other cheek when attacked, except when Iraq was launching Scuds at them during the Gulf War. We were busy taking Sadam and his "weapons of mass destruction" down. So, their restraint was logical to them at the time. I wouldn't expect any of that now. They're busy hatching their plan for retaliation. Expect it to be epic. From a global perspective, biden has proven himself to be useless. The Jews will not be standing down. At this juncture, with American policy running through a brain dead grifter pedophile, they see themselves as standing alone.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
As I said earlier, The CIA and State Dept. have booths on the ground in Iran.

PURE EVIL: Biden Administration Reportedly Provided Guidance to Iran in Saturday’s Drone and Missile Strike on Israel

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...ation-reportedly-provided-guidance-iran/

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

This strike was as choreographed as a WWE match. Iran launches a drone attack to save face, telegraphs the necessary intel to allow the US and Israel to shoot down 99% of the vehicles with zero loss of human life so the Israelis not put in a position where they must re-escalate to save face.

Pure Kayfabe.

Yep, agree with this

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by GAGoober
Iran, just gave Israel a green light & open door for a retaliatory attack on their country. If Israel was ever hoping for an opportunity to take out nuclear sites in Iran and hammer a death blow to that regime, now is the time. Elminate this Muslim extreme regime with extreme prejudice.

As far as I know, Israel has never turned the other cheek when attacked, except when Iraq was launching Scuds at them during the Gulf War. We were busy taking Sadam and his "weapons of mass destruction" down. So, their restraint was logical to them at the time. I wouldn't expect any of that now. They're busy hatching their plan for retaliation. Expect it to be epic. From a global perspective, biden has proven himself to be useless. The Jews will not be standing down. At this juncture, with American policy running through a brain dead grifter pedophile, they see themselves as standing alone.

I suspect Israel may just be content with having made it's point with taking out the Iranian brass. The associates of said brass now understand the risk of supporting trouble with Israel a bit more clearly.

Don't discount how, and where the Iranians died. It was very loud and very public. That was intentional. It was an act that Iran HAD to respond to...... and all Iran sent was the equivalent of a wave of child soldiers into an Iraqi mine field......

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Who the fug launches weapons that take nine hours to reach the target and tells the world?

Well, apparently Iran. I saw it as more of a symbolic strike, knowing it wouldn’t really do anything. The slow moving drones made for some good target practice.

It did invoke some big emotional outbursts on the campfire though.

Seems like Iran was very careful to make sure no real damage was done, while still showing it's base it "attacked" Israel. Even the timing (over the weekend) created minimum disruption of the oil markets.

Curious, no?

What's curious actually is how stupid Americans view Iran. To think they just pop off and do dumb stuff to prove incompetence is hilarious fantasy. Persians are actually a highly evolved, intelligent people with thousands of years experience playing strategic as well as tactical moves.
You are correct about Persians. The Hebrews also are no slouches when it comes to strategy and making a strike count.

Did you ever come up with a suggestion of a place in this world where millions of Hebrews could live without offending those of your mindset? I am not purporting to be a mind reader. Only going by what you and a few others post.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
What Israel did by hitting those Iranian generals in the embassy in Syria is exactly the same as if Russia took out some American generals in Poland. Both would be justified as that the generals on each side were coordinating proxy wars against Israel and Russia. Retaliation is demanded. No sovereign state can allow that. But in the eyes of the US and Iran would it really be worth going to a full scale war with Russia and Israel? No, of course not. Generals are expendable. So symbolic attacks are arranged to satisfy public opinion and save face. Then everyone moves on as before.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by steve4102

PURE EVIL: Biden Administration Reportedly Provided Guidance to Iran in Saturday’s Drone and Missile Strike on Israel

"Guidance" in the form of, "This is how you can save face without escalating the situation. We need some target practice, so fly your drone along this prescribed flight path we'll shoot 'em down, and you save us the cost of target drones, and we'll call it even. But if any civilians die, the next strike won't be on another general, it will be on their bosses."

So, yea, they were given some "guidance".

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JoeBob
So symbolic attacks are arranged to satisfy public opinion and save face. Then everyone moves on as before.
This.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Hastings
Your ilk are so brainwashed the obvious questions never arise. Palestine is the home of the Palestinian people. That's where their name originates. It is their land! They have been massacred and driven into tiny portions, that are actually prisons, where they are forced to stay and are routinely, shot, starved or bombed when the Israelis take a notion. Palestinians are an occupied people for 75 years of brutal subjugation you would not believe if you were forced to look at all the evidence. You are really stupid to never question why the Jews are so cruel and refuse to relinquish some stolen land to the Palestinians for a home of their own, or better yet, prove that Israel is a Democracy granting equal rights to the Muslims and Christians. Zionists created an unworkable pipe dream disregarding the rightful place indigenous people are entitled to enjoy. It is the Jews, and always has been the immigrant Jews, who attack and kill the Palestinian people - by the thousands! You have everything upside down and backwards.
Sorry, it is war. A war for survival on the part of the Jews. Do you have any suggestions for where the Jews could go to live?

Palestine was part of the Ottoman Empire prior to their defeat in WW1. The UK and France divided the former Ottoman Empire south of Turkey into spheres of influence, the French in Lebanon and Syria and the British in Iraq, Kuwait, Palestine, and Trans Jordan, via the Sykes-Picot Agreement. The Arab people who lived in those newly created countries weren't ruling themselves when they were part of the Ottoman Empire and their self-rule after WW1 was only given to them at the pleasure of the French and British. The British gave the Jewish people a homeland in Palestine, the Balfour Declaration, which they had the right and authority to do under their League of Nations mandate. The British should have divided Palestine in the a Jewish homeland and an Arab homeland, but they didn't and here we are.

100 plus years ago the British Empire did what was in its best interest with their colonies and mandates and had minimal regard for the desires of the indigenous peoples if those desires conflicted with their interests. The British must have felt that it was in their best interest to give the Jewish people a homeland in Palestine and since they had the mandate over that land, they could legally do so. The Palestinians are going to have to find a way to live in peace with the Israelis if for no other reason that the Israelis are, as a group, more competent and cohesive than the Palesinians are. Hamas had better return the hostages that were taken on 10/07/23 or a lot more Gazans civilians are going to die.

Tell us more about the real wmds in Iraq which you thought were real and justified a second invasion into Iraq. With boomers like you no wonder we’re in endless wars going bankrupt

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Daveinjax

Thanks!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka
Tell us more about the real wmds in Iraq which you thought were real and justified a second invasion into Iraq. With boomers like you no wonder we’re in endless wars going bankrupt
I am positive Iraq had poison gas. They had previously used it against Iran. It was most likely trucked into Syria which was a fish too big to fry at the time so we let it go.

This boomer (1952) was aghast that we would go to war with Iraq either time. Matter of fact I think all our wars since pacifying the Indians were a stupid idea and easily could have been avoided

I know, the Japs attacked us. But what damn business did we have owning Hawaii and the Philippines? What business did we have cutting off their ability to trade

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Hastings
Your ilk are so brainwashed the obvious questions never arise. Palestine is the home of the Palestinian people. That's where their name originates. It is their land! They have been massacred and driven into tiny portions, that are actually prisons, where they are forced to stay and are routinely, shot, starved or bombed when the Israelis take a notion. Palestinians are an occupied people for 75 years of brutal subjugation you would not believe if you were forced to look at all the evidence. You are really stupid to never question why the Jews are so cruel and refuse to relinquish some stolen land to the Palestinians for a home of their own, or better yet, prove that Israel is a Democracy granting equal rights to the Muslims and Christians. Zionists created an unworkable pipe dream disregarding the rightful place indigenous people are entitled to enjoy. It is the Jews, and always has been the immigrant Jews, who attack and kill the Palestinian people - by the thousands! You have everything upside down and backwards.
Sorry, it is war. A war for survival on the part of the Jews. Do you have any suggestions for where the Jews could go to live?

Palestine was part of the Ottoman Empire prior to their defeat in WW1. The UK and France divided the former Ottoman Empire south of Turkey into spheres of influence, the French in Lebanon and Syria and the British in Iraq, Kuwait, Palestine, and Trans Jordan, via the Sykes-Picot Agreement. The Arab people who lived in those newly created countries weren't ruling themselves when they were part of the Ottoman Empire and their self-rule after WW1 was only given to them at the pleasure of the French and British. The British gave the Jewish people a homeland in Palestine, the Balfour Declaration, which they had the right and authority to do under their League of Nations mandate. The British should have divided Palestine in the a Jewish homeland and an Arab homeland, but they didn't and here we are.

100 plus years ago the British Empire did what was in its best interest with their colonies and mandates and had minimal regard for the desires of the indigenous peoples if those desires conflicted with their interests. The British must have felt that it was in their best interest to give the Jewish people a homeland in Palestine and since they had the mandate over that land, they could legally do so. The Palestinians are going to have to find a way to live in peace with the Israelis if for no other reason that the Israelis are, as a group, more competent and cohesive than the Palesinians are. Hamas had better return the hostages that were taken on 10/07/23 or a lot more Gazans civilians are going to die.

I didn't support the 2nd Gulf War because I didn't think that Saddam Hussein presented a clear and present danger to the U.S. that would be worth the cost in blood and treasure.

Where is the U.S. actively engaged in combat operations? Other than a few Navy ships in the Red Sea to defend against Houthi missile and drone attacks, I don't know of any.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Biden wants to stay away from Iran that's pretty clear. Israel will strike them back hopefully killing a couple more of the generals. Israel's only problem with the strike will be they are short on midair refueling capability. Short of that, they are not afraid to do it. If the US helps with the mid air refueling problem, Israel knows the U.S. will tip off Iran about the impending strike. So, the US is out of it no matter what. If Israel was three times bigger then it is, Iran would not exist today.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
"The only damage done was to the American Taxpayers, the intended targets"

yep another 25 billion toIsrael this week. And neoconned war monger boomers applaud this lunacy

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Daveinjax

the voice of reason. he puts out good geo political info

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
how many hypersonic missiles were intercepted?

like Ukraine when they shoot down 127 of 100 Russian missiles launched. lol

Pure Kayfabe.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by steve4102

"Guidance" in the form of, "This is how you can save face without escalating the situation. We need some target practice, so fly your drone along this prescribed flight path we'll shoot 'em down, and you save us the cost of target drones, and we'll call it even. But if any civilians die, the next strike won't be on another general, it will be on their bosses."

So, yea, they were given some "guidance".

Israel wasted 1.3 billion us tax dollars yesterday shooting down cheap drones. very successful on Israel's behalf. lol

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12savage, 10ring1, 69 invisible), 2,126 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,912
Posts18,479,552
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.