Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
we've known for about a week that Biden sign this but this is the first one I've actually seen how it was worded.

https://orchidadvisors.com/the-atf-changes-definition-of-engaged-in-the-business/

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I can think of a few occasions in my life where I thought I would really like a firearm, bought it, realized I didn't actually like it as I had expected, cleaned it up, put it back in its original packaging and sold it off in "like new" condition.

Now, they say you have to do that "repetitively" to be in trouble, but who decides what that means? How many times, in what time period? Seems to leave it to them to decide, on an ad hoc and arbitrary basis.

Maybe, instead, they can just follow the Constitution, and not infringe on the right at all. Arrest people for crimes, not for selling items perfectly legal to own in what's supposed to be a free market in a free nation.

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I can think of a few occasions in my life where I thought I would really like a firearm, bought it, realized I didn't actually like it as I had expected, cleaned it up, put it back in its original packaging and sold it off in "like new" condition. Now, they say you have to do that "repetitively" be in trouble, but who decides what that mean. How many times, in what time period? Seems to leave it to them to decide, on an ad hoc and arbitrary basis.

Maybe, instead, they can just follow the Constitution, and not infringe on the right at all. Arrest people for crimes, not for selling items perfectly legal to own in what's supposed to be a free market in a free nation.
. that's exactly my thought it's the last part of that newly written definition that leaves a lot of gray area that they can just determine whatever they want...

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I can think of a few occasions in my life where I thought I would really like a firearm, bought it, realized I didn't actually like it as I had expected, cleaned it up, put it back in its original packaging and sold it off in "like new" condition.

Now, they say you have to do that "repetitively" to be in trouble, but who decides what that means? How many times, in what time period? Seems to leave it to them to decide, on an ad hoc and arbitrary basis.

The rule explicitly says one time can make you a dealer.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I wonder about trades?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ldholton
I can think of a few occasions in my life where I thought I would really like a firearm, bought it, realized I didn't actually like it as I had expected, cleaned it up, put it back in its original packaging and sold it off in "like new" condition. Now, they say you have to do that "repetitively" be in trouble, but who decides what that mean. How many times, in what time period? Seems to leave it to them to decide, on an ad hoc and arbitrary basis.

. that's exactly my thought it's the last part of that newly written definition that leaves a lot of gray area that they can just determine whatever they want...

Exactly right LD.

It was worded to .govs usefulness.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Please don't feed the trolls!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I wonder about trades?
Yes, the new rules covers all forms of gun transfers, including barter for good or services.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Personally, I learned some time ago to NEVER SELL A GUN. Way too many that are gone now that I wish I still had.

So, they're liable to kill me for something else, but definitely not for selling guns! laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Reminds me of Waco, when they could have grabbed David Koresh anytime they wanted. He went into town on a regular basis. There's no excuse for what they did back then or what they do now. We no longer have a free market and are losing the rest of our freedom incrementally, as in, a little here, a little there, bit by bit. By the time America wakes up it will be too late, and they will find that they can't vote their way out of it. Welcome to the Great Society, folks.

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I haven't purchased a gun in years so does that mean I can sell whatever I want without worrying about these new restrictions?

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Nebraska
I haven't purchased a gun in years so does that mean I can sell whatever I want without worrying about these new restrictions?

No.
Lets say Gavin win's in 2024 and gun prices shoot through the roof, so you decide to take advantage of the high prices and get rid of a few things you no longer shoot. Since the timing was motivate by pecuniary gain you could still be considered "in the business".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Reminds me of Waco, when they could have grabbed David Koresh anytime they wanted. He went into town on a regular basis. There's no excuse for what they did back then or what they do now. We no longer have a free market and are losing the rest of our freedom incrementally, as in, a little here, a little there, bit by bit. By the time America wakes up it will be too late, and they will find that they can't vote their way out of it. Welcome to the Great Society, folks.

Anybody they murder was always some kind of "terrorist".

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't help but wonder where FFL holders stand in this, who and how many have supported and encouraged it?

Suddenly they get to be like auctioneers.
A couple mi uses as a selling agent and 25% of the sale.
CHA, chinnnnng!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The first person charged under that regulation for anything other than an egregious offense will challenge it up to the Supreme Court where it will be overturned. The regulation is far too vague.

MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Never sell the gun. Sell the case and throw the gun in as a gift and write up the bill of sale for the case.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
The first person charged under that regulation for anything other than an egregious offense will challenge it up to the Supreme Court where it will be overturned. The regulation is far too vague.

What's an egregious offense and why would egregious, or not, matter?

If egregious is a pass/fail test at all, then it isn't guaranteed to get tossed.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Can't help but wonder where FFL holders stand in this, who and how many have supported and encouraged it?

Suddenly they get to be like auctioneers.
A couple mi uses as a selling agent and 25% of the sale.
CHA, chinnnnng!

I personally know a few around here that did. Gave me a different opinion of them.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

More like the first person with really, really, really deep pockets. Most people could never afford such justice, much less devote the many years necessary to pursuing the case.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Nebraska

No.
Lets say Gavin win's in 2024 and gun prices shoot through the roof, so you decide to take advantage of the high prices and get rid of a few things you no longer shoot. Since the timing was motivate by pecuniary gain you could still be considered "in the business".

So if I decide I'd like to sell a gun (or multiple guns) I've purchased years ago and list it on a Gunbroker auction for a penny and it sells for more than I paid for it (like a lot of other things with this BS inflation), I could be considered "in the business"? How is this any different than selling any other type of items you may have collected over the years?

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (160user, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 16penny, 1936M71, 59 invisible), 2,097 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,024
Posts18,481,722
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.