Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
A North Carolina high school student was suspended after using the term "illegal alien" while in a class discussion.

The 16-year-old student was suspended by Central Davidson High School in Lexington, North Carolina, after asking a question that included the term "illegal alien" while doing a vocabulary assignment for English class, The Carolina Journal reported.

According to the student's mother, the student was assigned vocabulary words, which included the word "alien," and the teenager asked the teacher, "Like space aliens or illegal aliens without green cards?"

Another student was offended and allegedly threatened to fight the student, which caused the teacher to call the assistant principal, resulting in the teenager's words being deemed offensive to Hispanic classmates.

"I didn't make a statement directed towards anyone; I asked a question. I wasn't speaking of Hispanics because everyone from other countries needs green cards, and the term 'illegal alien' is an actual term that I hear on the news and can find in the dictionary," the student said.

"Because of his question, our son was disciplined and given THREE days OUT of school suspension for 'racism.' He is devastated and concerned that the racism label on his school record will harm his future goal of receiving a track scholarship. We are concerned that he will fall behind in his classes due to being absent for three consecutive days" the student's mother, Leah McGhee, wrote in an email to local officials.

The assistant principal has refused to remove the suspension from the student's record, but the family is reportedly working with an attorney to make sure it does not harm his future.

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
It would be a fair question in court for the school administrators to define the racial profiles an illegal alien.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
"school admin. need to pay bigly"

Agree. Needs to go to court and plunge the dagger in until the fat closes over it. School boards and school administrators across the country are afraid of being sued by all of the left-wing liberal WOKE groups. Until the Right-wing Conservative Christian groups start doing the same, there is no reason to expect the school boards and admins will stop siding with the Leftists...

And it needs to be done with extreme prejudice to the point that schools and individuals are bankrupted and individuals shamed out of their communities to the point they are no longer able to find employment... Kinda like the Christian baker, the website designer, the county court clerk...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
In your own backyard.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Shoulda let the kid deal with the over sensitive spic with his fists after class.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
All part of our Bolshevik transformation.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Shoulda let the kid deal with the over sensitive spic with his fists after class.

It is highy likely there was no one offended other than a woke teacher and school admins getting paid way too much to do whatever they are told without any responsibility to actually educate or make proper decisions. But even if there was an illegal criminal invader present then the first amendment needs to be translated for them " [bleep] your feelings". We all know what should be happening in these cases.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
What a schit show

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Big lawsuit.

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I'm very offended that we have illegal aliens entering our country by the thousands every day. I'm very offended by anyone who would be offended by referring to illegal aliens as illegal aliens. Rhetorical questions-- Why isn't the government, or the schools, supporting my right to not be offended? Why didn't the school suspend the scumbag, America hating, piece of [bleep] that wanted to fight the young man for stating something that is demonstrably true?

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Stomp a mudhole into the azz of the triggered wetback and the backpack full of Fentanyl he carried when he waded the river! Then take the lardass assistant principal out behind the bleachers and beat him to a bloody pulp! "Next!" I'll bet nobody steps up to be the next example of how to take care of business!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I’m surprised that there is actually a Caucasian kid at that school. I was driving past there a while back when the school was conducting a fire drill. EVERYONE standing out there was brown. Lexington was once a great example of a typical N.C. small town. Pretty sad.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
So the offended student threatens violence and goes unpunished. So much for zero tolerance. Apparently violence is ok when the commies resort to it. Clown world. The only way to rectify this is to sue those idiots personally as well as the school board.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
If you think the nation is a crap show now, just wait until the illegals become an outright majority. They will never hold the place. The Chinese will rip it right out of their hands.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Orion2000
"school admin. need to pay bigly"

Agree. Needs to go to court and plunge the dagger in until the fat closes over it. School boards and school administrators across the country are afraid of being sued by all of the left-wing liberal WOKE groups. Until the Right-wing Conservative Christian groups start doing the same, there is no reason to expect the school boards and admins will stop siding with the Leftists...

And it needs to be done with extreme prejudice to the point that schools and individuals are bankrupted and individuals shamed out of their communities to the point they are no longer able to find employment... Kinda like the Christian baker, the website designer, the county court clerk...

This.
I'll add it's important the lawsuits include the individuals as well. Until individuals pay with their own money this will not stop.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The schools across America are taking their lead from the FEDERAL department of Education. It's time to eliminate the Federal department of education and turn the schools over to the local taxpayers.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I’m not sure how “illegal alien” can be racist when at present there are more than 80 countries represented in stealing over our border? Which color was harmed?
As said above why does this young man not have first amendment rights?

I’d get the best legal possible for the boy and bury that school administration.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by acy
I'm very offended that we have illegal aliens entering our country by the thousands every day. I'm very offended by anyone who would be offended by referring to illegal aliens as illegal aliens. Rhetorical questions-- Why isn't the government, or the schools, supporting my right to not be offended? Why didn't the school suspend the scumbag, America hating, piece of [bleep] that wanted to fight the young man for stating something that is demonstrably true?
Bingo!!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by kwg020
The schools across America are taking their lead from the FEDERAL department of Education. It's time to eliminate the Federal department of education and turn the schools over to the local taxpayers.

kwg
Absolutely!! Needed to go decades ago. There's no authority delegated to the Federal Government to have any involvement whatsoever in education.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

The feds didn't send agents to run the place.

They are locals. Your neighbors.

I am MAGA.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

149 members (44mc, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 35, 69sportfury, 15 invisible), 1,616 guests, and 970 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,119
Posts18,483,537
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.