Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
IA_fog Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Ok so lately my legs feel weak. Climbing a flight of stairs i feel weak. I can walk 1.5 miles on a treadmill at 3.4 mph at a 2% incline no problems but a flight of stairs I feel weak
What am i missing or not doing
Vitamin? Protein(i eat a lot of meat and chicken) ?
Also having muscle cramps and weakness in one forearm not always but sometimes cant hold a coffe cup.

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by IA_fog
Ok so lately my legs feel weak. Climbing a flight of stairs i feel weak. I can walk 1.5 miles on a treadmill at 3.4 mph at a 2% incline no problems but a flight of stairs I feel weak
Also having muscle cramps and weakness in one forearm not always but sometimes cant hold a coffe cup.

Stay away from high elevation western USA & hiking

Good luck & best wishes

I am no DR

But am a healthy older guy

And live at high elevation and excersise

https://versusarthritis.org/about-a...of-complementary-treatments/glucosamine/

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Ask your doctor to stop your statin. OK, that was a SWAG. See your doctor for a work up. A number of things can cause this.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Get checked out asap. Tell them you have chest pains at times to hit the requirements for cardiac evaluation even if you dont.

You may have coronary Vascular insufficiency.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Get your heart checked out first and then get your blood tested.

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Yes, see a Real Doctor.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Get checked out asap. Tell them you have chest pains at times to hit the requirements for cardiac evaluation even if you dont.

For sure mislead the doc so you get the wrong work up and waste time and resources. Maybe even have complications from some unnecessary test. Sounds like a plan. 🤔

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They'll give you an EKG to check for a heart problem. Just tell them the symptoms.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Yes, see a Real Doctor.

The best advice.

NRA Patron
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have had same symptoms 7+ years. Had every test known. Nothing. Went on T therapy even though only low normal. Didn't help and gained weight in thighs and chest compounding problem. Stopped that, went thru Covid years, always complaining same thing and getting crickets from Dr's. Haven't seen a Dr. In 2 years. Don't trust any of them. Funny, you'all scam a Nation for 6 years, each and everyone of the co cksuc kers violated their oath. They can all go screw.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
IC B3

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Yes, see a Real Doctor.

The best advice.

Yes, the "real" doctors who advised you to get the jab.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by IA_fog

I, personally, would hunt down a nationally ranked cardiologist near you. And make an appointment - ASAP.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by jaguartx

For sure mislead the doc so you get the wrong work up and waste time and resources. Maybe even have complications from some unnecessary test. Sounds like a plan. 🤔

Or like my bud suffering weakness who saw two docs and didn't hit the markers for a cardiac evaluation and they sent home w BP pills and asthma meds who died of a heart attack 2 weeks later.

Look, I used to never have problems ordering orbital or sinus or brain films, C-T scans or MRIs (with or without contrast) on my patients for ocular injury or trauma or vision or visual field loss, extra-ocular muscle paresis or palsy or double vision or severe headache or unexplained vision loss or blood work for potential life threatening temporal arteritis or carotid scans until after Zero got in office. Then it became a real hassle with strict requirements and possible causes of a patients condition with insurance companies or those health care providers for Medicare patients.

You have no clue how many patients I've seen at one of the largest privately owned Ocular Medical and surgical clinics in the country where our clinic routinely saw patients from Mexico to Oklahoma and Pecos to Abilene.

You have no clue as to how many patients I've seen who's Dr felt they had no need for a brain scan when they had severe headaches until I had vision field analysis performed and found visual field defects that cleared the way for such or the number of brain bleeds those scans subsequently turned up AFTER their physician promised them they hadn't suffered such.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/19/24.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I agree with the others, you need a cardiac work up and stress test. Too many possibilities of what it might be for an internet diagnosis.

30+ years in Emergency Medicine between EMS, ER nurse, Flight nurse

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RAM
Have had same symptoms 7+ years. Had every test known. Nothing. Went on T therapy even though only low normal. Didn't help and gained weight in thighs and chest compounding problem.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Beware asking medical advice on this forum, some of our "Doctors" got their M.D. out of a CrackerJack box.

Last edited by gunswizard; 04/19/24.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
They'll give you an EKG to check for a heart problem. Just tell them the symptoms.
I wouldn’t trust a EKG for myself. I never had a bad one or high blood pressure. Went to ER , was kept me over night did some other test and a nuclear stress and sent me home. Seen the same cardiologist the following week and told him I wanted to have a heart cath( which I requested in the hospital) He fought me and and said everything was fine. He finally relented to give me a Ct.
After that test they said I needed to have the cath I previously requested. While in recovery from the cath the cardiologist said I needed bypass surgery. I looked at him and said “ I guess its a good thing I pushed you isn’t it”? His reply was Yes.
I ended up getting another opinion and had some stents as the surgeon didn’t think I needed a bypass.
Be your own advocate and push till you get the answers.
I was also having issues in walking up stairs and not much on flat ground. The scary part for me was the week prior to going in. I had taken my grandson fishing. I had some discomfort walking up the boat ramp and some on the ride home. A big part of the time there was no cell service and I was afraid I would have a catastrophic event in front of my Grandson and him have no way to help.
It really helped me to seek the help I needed.
Im not a doctor and the only good advice I will give is get in and push for the answers you need.

I
IA_fog Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
I’m 57 6 ft 230 lbs i consider in decent shape can still outwork most 25 yr olds it just th3 stairs, I drink lots of water BP under control with my meds , only out of breath if do a strenuous task fast , i dont feel bad just weak kneed lol go8ng up stairs have had bad knees for most of m6 life

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Nice knowin ya.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A lot of the stress test stuff is spotty at best. Angiogram (dye contrast) is most surefire way to detect blockage.
Other tests such as echo and others may find other issues such as valve issues.
Best advice, see a real MD soon

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,241 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,261
Posts18,486,431
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.