Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Some people who profess to be Christians don’t believe that Jesus was divine. Is this position motivated by a desire to maintain the oneness of God, and is that position itself based on a faulty understanding of the Trinity…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You've mixed up your terms. Being a Christian means believing Jesus was divine.

Ro 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

That phrase 'Jesus is Lord' means Jesus is God. Without that, you aren't a Christian.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
John 14:9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Rock chuck,

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
I was raised a Jehovahs witness, I dont practice and I am not a very religious person. We were taught Jesus was gods son no trinity. Two separate entities which makes the most sense to me. I believe their has to be a higher being or something that created everything but you have to wonder what kind of [bleep] up sense of humor he has to allow things to continue this way.

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The proper question is: Are religion trolls more obnoxious than liberal trolls?

And the answer is: Yes.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday today, and tomorrow.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yes.

Was........and still is

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Christ Himself said He was The Son Of God, Divinity in the flesh. I have never heard a believing Christian deny this!?😳
The trinity can be sorta hard for a mortal to grasp. And people tend to make things way more complicated than the need to be.
How can anything exist in 3 separate states at the same time? Ice, water, and steam!
At least every month or so, I read Job 38, where Job questions God, and God answers him from the midst of a storm.
We humans live and exist in a 3 dimensional world. Seeing beyond that is difficult for some. But my faith in God and Christ assures me that there is much much more to this world than I can see or understand.
A long time ago, when I first became saved, a very wise preacher told me that for a mortal person to understand God, would be like a dog to learn algebra!😀
I’m way smarter than MOST dogs, but much more than simple math will really foul me up, and ask
Slummy about my spelling!😀
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know how anyone could look into the Shroud of Turin and not get that Jesus is divine.

Politics is War by Other Means
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
This topic , for shure, will be sorted here!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It is a fair question and a seemingly honest one. ( Can we try not to just berate)

I call myself a Christian but will admit, though often feeling I am not 'supposed' to, having struggled with parts of this. I found getting answers often difficult because others can be quick to present themselves as never having struggled- or perhaps that was just me projecting that. The responses here are extolling personal beliefs but doing nothing to answer the OP question. Yes, I am aware of the OP history here - so what.

Ultimately, it was not impossible to find answers. Some very knowledgeable folks right here on the fire. I also get that atheist are commonly huge proselytizers of their own self and many religious folks tire of that and won't engage in conversation.

I questioned, if Jesus was God how could he ask, "Why hast thou forsaken me?"

I wondered why John had to baptize Jesus?

I wondered about the Holy Spirit and 'need' for it.

In the end I am glad I questioned as I did find answers -not just responses to those questions.

I come from my devout Catholic family and still face heat as it is not for me for a large number of reasons- but I am happy for anyone using any method to reach God - through Jesus.

I am hoping someone with better abilities will respond in Christain charity to those questions I raised and think it could help answer some of yours.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One of my favorite passages. Tells me everything I need to know in very few lines.
John 1,1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 1

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Galatians 6:14

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Erik, someone else , an agnostic, once told me about a theory that Earths very existence, all human history, is nothing more than a vast computer program playing on endlessly!😀
I am really kinda dumbfounded as to how someone who claims to be agnostic, questioning Gods very existence, can even imagine such a cockamamie idea that every living being is a very detailed computer program!😀
Talk about crazy!

A
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by antlers
Some people who profess to be Christians don’t believe that Jesus was divine. Is this position motivated by a desire to maintain the oneness of God, and is that position itself based on a faulty understanding of the Trinity…?

This isn’t a Santa Claus is Santa Claus till he isn’t Santa Claus Question is it ..

Let’s see..

Every Religious Deity that has ever walked this Earth has contributed to the Dust on Planet Earth except One ..

And He ain’t Happy ..

No it ain’t Santa Claus ..

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Irving_D
I was raised a Jehovahs witness, I dont practice and I am not a very religious person. We were taught Jesus was gods son no trinity. Two separate entities which makes the most sense to me. I believe their has to be a higher being or something that created everything but you have to wonder what kind of [bleep] up sense of humor he has to allow things to continue this way.

King James, New King James, NIV, all read the same:
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jehovahs Witness, New World Translation, 2013 Revision:
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

For some reason, the NWT translators took the same construct in the original Greek that they translated as little "g" god in John 1:1, and translated it as capital "G" God in John 1:6, 1:12, 1:13, and 1:18. Curious...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jesus answered the question Himself about who He is and revealed He is God. Only God can forgive sin, heal the blind, create the universe, be the source of all life and over all humanity, have power over disease and demons, and rise from the dead.

Jesus is equal to the Father, but He became man to secure our salvation.

God is one in essence and three in person: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

God said in Genesis 1:26, “Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness.” (That’s more than one)

Isaiah 48:16, “The Lord God and his Spirit hath sent me.” (That’s more than one)

There is plenty of scripture that shows Jesus is God.

Jesus declared his eternal self-existence in John 8:58, “Truly, truly I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.”

Jesus is the ever-existing, eternal Almighty God, the I AM.

“He that has seen me has seen the Father,” John 14:9

“I and my Father are one,” John 10:30

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, which was, and which is to come, the Almighty,” Revelation 1:8

“Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ, Titus 2:13

“I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through me,” John 14:6

Also Hebrews 1:8, John 1:1-14

The lost will refuse to believe and will remain in everlasting rebellion. Sad that many choose not to believe, as the evidence is overwhelming.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (160user, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 007FJ, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,287 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,278
Posts18,486,771
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.