Print Thread
Hop To
R
Raj Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Hi,I had registered a new Zeiss scope on their website a few weeks back.Called customer service and asked whether the registration had gone thru.A woman called Sonya answered.I told her I was checking to make sure that the scope was registered.She was not very pleasant to talk to.She was not able to find any info about my registration.I asked her if she would do it over the phone.She hesitated and after a long pause, said alright.I was starting to give her the seial number and she said.Is it a white or a yellow warranty card.I said I don't have the card with me and don't remember the colour.But I have the serial number.To this her reply was that Zeiss has now issued the different colour and without me telling her the colour of the card she will not process my request.
Could any one here tell me if Zeiss is changing their lifetime warranty.What do these colour cards mean?.I hope Zeiss warranty department is better than their customer service department.
Appreciate any info,thank you.

GB1

R
Raj Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Hi,hope somebody looking this weekend has info on whether Zeiss is changing its warranty on the scopes.Thanks.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Raj
Hi,I had registered a new Zeiss scope on their website a few weeks back.Called customer service and asked whether the registration had gone thru.A woman called Sonya answered.I told her I was checking to make sure that the scope was registered.She was not very pleasant to talk to.She was not able to find any info about my registration.I asked her if she would do it over the phone.She hesitated and after a long pause, said alright.I was starting to give her the seial number and she said.Is it a white or a yellow warranty card.I said I don't have the card with me and don't remember the colour.But I have the serial number.To this her reply was that Zeiss has now issued the different colour and without me telling her the colour of the card she will not process my request.
Could any one here tell me if Zeiss is changing their lifetime warranty.What do these colour cards mean?.I hope Zeiss warranty department is better than their customer service department.
Appreciate any info,thank you.

I'd be getting back on the horn with them, and getting a supervisor, post-haste.

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by Raj
....A woman called Sonya answered.....She was not very pleasant to talk to.

I'd be getting back on the horn with them, and getting a supervisor, post-haste.

I had a very similar experience a while back, and I suspect that it was the same woman that you talked to, although I don't remember her name for sure. She was very unpleasant, told me stuff that I knew was not true, and really ticked me off. After stewing about it a few days, I called and got another person, her supervisor, and he handled my enquiry and issues almost perfectly (it did take longer than I had expected).

Please get a supervisor, as VAnimrod suggested, and tell him about your unpleasant experience and how it affected your view of Zeiss. They need to get rid of her.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I would definately be calling and talking to her boss and someone over him and over him,we pay to darn much for their equipment to be treated like that.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Zeiss just changed the color on the card a year or so ago, however, the color has no bearing on the warranty. No, Zeiss is not changing their warranty.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Doug

Any ideas, off topic.... bought a 10x40 binocs Z in appx 1985 or so. Sent them off for new lenses last march, 07... still not back. I paid the bill months ago, and called in, they said they had no new lense, were sorry and had no idea when any would show up.

Its not enough to make me walk away since I like their quality.... but its almost a yaer and I did without in AK, all of deer and duck season and would like to know whats average time.

Thanks, Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Raj Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Thank you all for the replies.Infidel,the woman you talked to was probably the same one I talked to.If there are 2 such creatures in the Zeiss customer service department,SHUDDER eek.
Vanimrod,guess I will do as you suggest and try to talk to someone higher up.Hope I get put thru to a manager or some one like that.
Thanks Doug for letting me know that they had changed the colour a year ago.Then there was no need for that woman(Sonya)to refuse to go ahead and register the scope.Doug do you know who I need to talk to.Thank you for your help.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jeff,
Please call me at the store tomorrow and give me some intel on the situation. I am sure within a short time operiod I will be able to have this whole situation straightened out for you.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

H
H
I have had terrible experiences with the women at Zeiss customer service also. My dad and I have the same binoculars with a "lifetime" warranty. We each sent them in twice for repairs, after going through difficult conversations with less than friendly women. And the binoculars always came back with the same defect.

I tried calling and asking for supervisors, mailing letters, emailing, nothing worked. I finally gave up and just bought new binoculars.

IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Hmm, interesting situations. I have had two dealings with Zeiss customer service. The first was last August/September when I purchased a pair of their binoculars. There appeared to be a manufacturing defect with one of the barrels. I sent them back to them with a polite note explaining the issue. The woman in repairs, Karen I believe here name is, called me back within a week and informed me that they were sending me a new pair, free of charge. I had the new pair about a week later.

Fast forward to the end of our regular archery season...early November. I dropped the same pair of binoculars and they landed on the focusing knob. Upon picking them up and twisting the knob it came completely off of the binocular. It appeared that I had broken the central focusing pin. Again I sent them back to Zeiss with a polite note explaining what happened. I received a phone call about a week and a half later confirming that they received them and that the bins had to be sent back to Germany for the repair work. I received another phone call about three weeks ago with a repair estimate ($200+) from Karen. Ofcourse I paid it because I enjoyed using the binoculars. Now I am just waiting for them to be returned. Hopefully it does not take as long as the gentleman who commented above. wink I was told three to four weeks at the time I paid for the repair service.

These dealings would be in line with what I would expect considering Zeiss Lifetime Limited Warranty. Manufacturing defects are covered but any damage which occurs as a result of something on my part is not.

Just thought I would share...and am happy I have not had to deal with the person mentioned earlier in this thread. wink

Frank
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just as a point of information. Part of the reason that you buy from an authorized dealer is to have that dealer be there to assist you when assistance is needed. As an optics sponsor here on the forum it is my pleasure to help out anyone here whether you purchased the product from us, or for some odd reason purchased from another dealer. There is no reason for anyone to have to wait an unusually long time to get a repair done.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
THAT'S WHY I BUY MY OPTICS FROM CAMERALAND NY,THE BEST SERVICE BAR NONE.OUTSTANDING SERVICE,GREAT EQUIPMENT AND GREAT PEOPLE TO DO BUSINESS WITH,WHAT MORE CAN A PERSON ASK FOR.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Nicely said Doug. In all honesty I never thought about it in that manner. I always just assumed one would contact the manufacturer.

Hmmm, now I feel the need to go look over the Cameraland product list again. wink

Frank
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Last year I had problem with a Pentax camera that had not been purchased at Cameraland ( it was a gift, I swear!). I emailed Doug for some contact info and he responded by suggesting I send the camera to his Repair Dept.

They took the ball and ran with it, got me a replacement straightaway. It's the only place I'll go for any optical/electronic needs. Doug, I'll be buying another camera soon, lost the last one, damn cameras are getting too small! grin

"My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income."

R
Raj Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Made a phone call to Zeiss.I was hoping that woman,Sonya won't answer.My hopes were realized.Got a lady called Kristen.She was the exact opposite of Sonya.Did not say anything about the colour of the warranty forms, there was no long silences,or rude tone.She took down the serial number and said it was all done in a very quick time..
If that Sonya gives this much grief just to register a scope,wonder what she would do if the scope ever had problems.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

340 members (1lesfox, 257 mag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2500HD, 160user, 36 invisible), 1,996 guests, and 1,075 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,559
Posts18,510,575
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.