Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Now that you'all have gotten over your fixed power withdrawl for $100 does anyone have a 4-12X40 Bushnell 3200 or 4200 with Rainguard that you want to sell? Or maybe a Burris FullfieldII?

Better to be over the hill than under it.
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
HH,

They do this I imagine they'll have me and a whole bunch of us on their butts for a long time...

They'll wish they would have never done it...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Gmoney
HH,

They do this I imagine they'll have me and a whole bunch of us on their butts for a long time...

They'll wish they would have never done it...

Yep....

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I sent them an email replying to the receipt I received via email. I'll share what they say if/when they respond...

- Greg

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I just called them. They have none in stock and don't have my order, although their website said it went through. They also said they appeared to be still available but was not sure if they would get anymore and it would be a risk to assume they would. Now to call the credit card folks and be sure the charge does not go on my account. Once more, if it sounds to good to be true............. Oh well, it was worth a try!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just called them also and got the same basic answer:

They said they do not have any in stock right now, and that this scope is a discontinued model (yah, we knew that)... and that they are trying to get some in to fill their orders. They 'expect' to have some in stock within the next few weeks, but don't know how many they will get, or exactly when they will get them. They also said that credit cards will not be charged until the item is in stock, and is shipped to that individual.

TERRIBLE business practice ...

-WGM-
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
They're fixing to get it...

- Greg

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Call incoming from me as well...

- Greg

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Spoke to a gentleman and he said the same thing. On backorder, he doesn't know when they'll get them and cannot find out any info at all.

I then proceeded to tell him to update the website to illustrate this as folks are being misled and then he got chippy with me. Does not sound good fellas...

Reckon they'll get no more of my business if they pull what I think they're trying to do...

Last edited by Gmoney; 02/04/08.

- Greg

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hope everyone that placed an order calls them to "confirm" their order ... (grin)

-WGM-
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Exactly what I was doing...

Think I called it a "order status update"...grin...

- Greg

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I just called them. The girl on the phone said they had none in stock. I asked her where they were going to get these scopes, since they were discontinued models. She said she did not know, and they wouldn't learn anything for 3 weeks. shocked

She did say my card wouldn't be charged until the order is filled. For chits and grins I asked her if I could cancel my order later, if I changed my mind. She seemed to be more than happy to do that! crazy

I started buying a few things from SWFA about a year ago. There website was convenient. Also at the time I lived close to them, and I would get things overnight by UPS ground. That was really handy for rings, bases, etc. I think that is going to change drastically. Too many other good people out there to buy from........like Doug. wink

Steve

Last edited by Wally; 02/04/08.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If only Doug would offer 6x42 Nikons for 99 bucks...

- Greg

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
No kidding! Show season is nearly over, so he will probably have some good deals on display models and the like, in the near future. I'm willing to bet there will be no 4x or 6x Monarchs!

Steve

T
T
Same thing here. Called them about 8:30 a.m. as I was driving down to pick them up. The basic information is: 1.) the 4X and 6X are both discontinued models. 2.) they have neither in stock but have 63 of each model on order. 3.) they don't know when or if they will receive any of them or how many. 4.) all orders received will be filled as/if the scopes become available.

No, I didn't go ahead and order the rings and bases I was going to buy.

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well ... as an aside to all of this ... I did contact Nikon regarding the installation of elevation and windage turrets for the 6x42 Monarch scopes.

Here's my original inquiry:

I used to have a Monarch UCC 3.3-10x44 A0 ... it had the low-profile target turrets on it with the screw on cap covers. I have just bought one of your 6x42 Monarch UCC scopes, and would like to have an elevation turret installed.

Can you please let me know what I need to do in order to have an elevation turret installed on my new scope? Thanks!

Their response (in an email) is as follows:

Currently these are not available, Turrets are being released this spring, unfortunately we do not have an exact date. Best option keep an eye on www.Cabelas.com, or you can call 1-800-845-6687 in a month, we should have more information at that point.

So ... for anyone that already has one of these scopes, or ends up getting one from SWFA (if that ever happens) ... and if you want turrets ... this might turn into one hell of a deal ...

still not happy with SWFA about this though ... doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies by any means ...

-WGM-
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Perhaps someone should call in and demand a substitution of a Leupold 6x42 instead.

I'd bet that'd get their attention....

Kaiser Norton

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"
PMC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have been waiting to find a Nikon 4x40 Monarch for a project. I almost got excited.....

Pmc

shhh. be vewy vewy quiet. i'm hunting deer. uhhh uhhh uhhhh.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Just called and cancelled both my orders. I won't be doing business with SWFA again.

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just got this email from David at SWFA:

We regret to inform you that the following merchandise is currently back ordered:
Item Qty Qty Qty Expected
Number Description Ord. Shp. Bck. By
---------- ------------------------------ -------- -------- -------- --------
6508 *Nikon 6x42 Monarch UCC Rifles 1.00 0.00 1.00
cope
Matte, Nikoplex

We maintain a multi-million dollar inventory and take great pride in our order fill rate. However, other factors beyond our control sometimes play a role in delivery. We are working diligently to ship your order at the earliest possible date.
Thank you for choosing SWFA.

I'm thinking about canceling my order as well ... However, I will wait until I talk with Nikon again about the turrets they say will be available this summer, and what the cost of having one installed will be ...

-WGM-
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 68 invisible), 2,536 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,467
Posts18,529,267
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.