Home
Posted By: VAnimrod $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/02/08
SWFA has Nikon Monarch 6x42s on sale for $99.99.

That's normally a $250 scope.

Get'm.
No deal.......I called SWFA on these a few days ago as I started a thread about new Monarch 6x42's. SWFA has no more, not even refurbed versions. I looked for these real hard and found none.

Bought 3 Leupy FX-III 6x42's instead!!!
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/02/08
ORDER NOTES:

From Customer: None

From Customer Service: None

Item

Price

Qty

Subtotal

Nikon 6x42 Monarch UCC Riflescope
SKU: 6508

$99.95

$99.95

SubTotal

$99.95

Tax

$0.00

Shipping & Handling

$10.00

Grand Total:

$109.95

Thank you for your purchase.

SWFA
http://www.swfa.com/

http://www.swfa.com/pc-1906-218-nikon-6x42-monarch-ucc-riflescope.aspx

http://www.swfa.com/pc-1907-218-nikon-6x42-monarch-ucc-riflescope.aspx

Beg to differ, until corrected.

If they post it as "In Stock", process the card, and list the sale as "done", I'm thinkin' I've got a scope on the way....
Posted By: Oregon45 Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/02/08
They have them right now, I just ordered one.
Great...........someone there must've had their head up their azz!!!
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/02/08
Originally Posted by rahtreelimbs
Great...........someone there must've had their head up their azz!!!

This is new, how?
They also have the 4x40's on sale for 99.99
Like I said I called them on this earlier this week, the 29th. it was in this thread........

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1976334
I web ordered one myself ... My M70 FWT Swede will feel much happier with a pretty glossy 6x42 on it.

Anybody have an offer for a well used 3-12x42 Sightron SII ... PM's welcome ...

GE
Posted By: Steelhead Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/02/08
PM slut.......
Steelie ...

Is it the "well used" that makes it slutty? ... just asking the expert ...

GE
Nope, the open invitation with no regard to whom it applies.....
OK ... fine ... u r invited too ...

unlike "Ado Annie" I can always say NO ..

GE
Posted By: GregW Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/02/08
Today I bought a new Bushnell Elite 3200 2-7x33 with Firefly and a Nikon 6x42 just now. Paid 233.00 for both of them brand new.

I have no rifles to put either of them on...

Woe is me...

G

I'm thinking there would have to be a remedy for that around the fire somewhere ...

GE
I really need a break from this place...

Hasn't there been a Campfire study done about spending going up as visiting time here goes up?

I sure help out that cause...
Get divorced, that will curb spending, cept for the lawyers........grin
What if you're not married?
It's just "Rick Bin's Economic Simulus Package"

GE
Say thanks to your upright walking God.........
Okay...
grin
Posted By: J_Scott Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/02/08
Thanks for the heads up. Just placed an order.

J_Scott
Sure glad I bought one of these out of the classifieds a couple weeks back for $160. Used, with ring marks. smirk

Kaiser Norton
That's funny right there...
Posted By: AFTERUM Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/02/08
I got one too...but usually my luck is like KN....
Posted By: miket_81 Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/02/08
Thats a tough deal to beat!
Posted By: RickyD Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/02/08
I just ordered a matt version. I don't "need" it but couldn't pass up that deal. Thanks for the heads up VA!
Posted By: Wally Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/02/08
I couldn't make up my mind between a 4x and a 6x, so I ordered one of each. I've seen these scopes in action enough to know that this is a great deal for the money........if I get them! crazy

Steve
I just ordered a 4x as well; couldn't pull the trigger last night but after doing my taxes this morning I figured, why not! grin
Posted By: Jamison Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/02/08
I snagged a 6x42 --hell, for that price, I'll put it on a 10/22
Originally Posted by Jamison

No kidding...

The .22 mag may not know what to think when I put that on it...
Posted By: WGM Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/02/08

I ordered mine last night, at about 12:30am when I read this post ... my first thought was that I didn't 'need' it, but how could I pass it up? Then, of course, I had the same thought as you ... which is, toss it on the 10/22 ...
Posted By: WGM Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/02/08
I used to have a Nikon Monarch 3.3-10x44 with the AO, mildot reticle and low-pro capped turrets ... it was a LOT of scope for the money. I sold it because I was very poor at the time, and wanted/needed a different scope... I kinda wish I still had it ...

anyway, regardless of other factors, the glass was great, construction and quality seemed to be all there ... adjustments were very true ... even the dreaded 'crappy' eye relief of all other scopes than "Big L" was plenty good.

I'm thinking that this 6x42 for the 10/22 will be a good way for me to break into the fixed power scope thing, and to once again test the quality of the Nikon optics ...
Posted By: hwgtyd Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/02/08
Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered one for a future yet to be determined rifle smile
Thanks for the heads-up. Ordered one in matte...not sure yet what I'll put under it, but always nice to have another quality scope around.
Posted By: martinbns Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/02/08
I have one on my Kimber 308, it's a nice scope, I sure wish I could buy a couple for that price but no shipping to Canada.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/02/08
If it would help you, I can buy a couple and send them to you. You'd have to pay shipping/insurance twice, but I'd be happy to get them and send them to you. I have a PayPal account that you could pay into and then I could order them. I ordered 3 earlier today and they charged me $12.00 for shipping, so it would probably cost another $12 to $15 to get them from Omaha to where you are in Canada.

[email protected]

Jeff
Posted By: RickyD Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/03/08
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
If it would help you, I can buy a couple and send them to you. You'd have to pay shipping/insurance twice, but I'd be happy to get them and send them to you. I have a PayPal account that you could pay into and then I could order them. I ordered 3 earlier today and they charged me $12.00 for shipping, so it would probably cost another $12 to $15 to get them from Omaha to where you are in Canada.

[email protected]

Jeff
FWIW I sent a scope to a guy in Canada who bought it off me out of the classifieds. The shipping was not all that bad, maybe 20-25, but when it got up to him, he had to pay about $40 or $50 in duty on it. I checked the "gift" box as he had requested, but they still stung him for some taxes.
anyone care to comment on Nikon's warranty service?

Dave
Posted By: cooperfan Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/03/08
Thanks for the heads up. I also ordered one. I have never tried a fixed scope before, but have been wanting one. Can't beat the price.

Coop
Posted By: martinbns Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/03/08
Originally Posted by lubbockdave

Dave

For $100 bucks, who cares.
Originally Posted by martinbns

Dave

I do, because I am considering replacing my M8's with leupolds legendary warranty service with these Nikons, but I don't want to if their warranty and service sucks...

Dave
A few guys have posted positive experiences on this site, others not.

My point was you can buy four of these for the same price as a new FX111 6x42.
A few guys have posted positive experiences on this site, others not.

My point was you can buy four of these for the same price as a new FX111 6x42.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

[email protected]

Jeff

pm sent
Posted By: CURLY Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/03/08
Thank you gentlemen,

I just ordered the 6X42 in matte. I am laughing at myself as I was prepared to order a 6X42 FXIII.

With a 95% light transmission, and a claimed 98% from the FXIII the 4X price was a no brainer.

Now the hiccup. I have a Win 70 with Talley rings that have outside ring space of 5.25 inches. The FXIII was 5.4" and would have left 1/16" on each side for a mount. Not much, but enough.

Does anybody know if this will fit the Win 70 or what the main tube length is?

And thanks for letting a member know about a great deal.

Curly

I
Posted By: Oregon45 Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/03/08
I have one mounted on an FN Mauser, looks like it would fit on my Model 70 but I haven't tried it.
Posted By: RickyD Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/03/08
Originally Posted by martinbns

Dave

I do, because I am considering replacing my M8's with leupolds legendary warranty service with these Nikons, but I don't want to if their warranty and service sucks...

Dave

I googled this up, if it helps. I've never needed to use the warranty for any of my Nikon products.

Nikon Warranty

Nikon is dedicated to quality, performance and total customer satisfaction. If any Nikon riflescope is found to have defects in workmanship or materials, we will, at our option, repair or replace it at no charge, even if you are not the original owner. No time limit applies and no warranty card is required.

Call 1-800-247-3464 (literature) or 1-800-NIKON-US (technical information) or 1-800-NIKON-SV (service) or check out Nikon on the web at www.nikonusa.com

Originally Posted by CURLY
Thank you gentlemen,

I just ordered the 6X42 in matte. I am laughing at myself as I was prepared to order a 6X42 FXIII.

With a 95% light transmission, and a claimed 98% from the FXIII the 4X price was a no brainer.

Now the hiccup. I have a Win 70 with Talley rings that have outside ring space of 5.25 inches. The FXIII was 5.4" and would have left 1/16" on each side for a mount. Not much, but enough.

Does anybody know if this will fit the Win 70 or what the main tube length is?

And thanks for letting a member know about a great deal.

Curly

I

Curly- on mine, from the front of the raised portion just ahead of the ocular bell to where the objective bell begins to angle outward from the maintube, there is approximatley 5 13/16 inches of tube length.

Kaiser Norton
Posted By: TBS Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/03/08
Thanks VA, Just ordered a 4 x 40 to go on a mil surplus rig, whose stock is on its way to Rick Bin for a paint job.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/03/08
I just ordered two of the matte 6x42. Thanks a LOT for the heads up VA. smile

Thanks VA, I ordered two matte.
Posted By: Wally Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/03/08
I wonder how many of these things SWFA have in stock. They are probably going to show up at work tomorrow, and wonder what hit them!

Steve
Posted By: miket_81 Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/03/08
LOL!
I hope mine come in!

I once ordered a 4200 4-16 off of a website that had them mispriced for $200. A guy called and explained the situation. Wouldn't go through with it, even through I had the printed reciept.
Posted By: Wally Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/03/08
Dang! That would suck. If this turns out to be one of those deals, Chris Farris will be ready to kill his webmaster!

Steve
Posted By: Allan S. Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/04/08
I have three in matt coming.
I ordered several myself.........not that I need them...........can't pass up on that price!!!

Just hope I am proven wrong..........hope they do stock them!!!
I hate you all - I just ordered one 4X and one 6X in matte - just to put in the safe.....
Hope this works out for you all. I ordered from SWFA the last time they clearanced the Monarchs in 3-9's for cheap and put my order in from the web. The order went through fine but just sat on backorder status. I called them about once a week for a month when they finally said they wouldn't be getting any more and my order most likely wouldn't be filled. I left it open about 6 months and it never was filled. If you talk to them on the phone they don't have any in stock, so if this mimmicks my experience you all will have a bunch of orders but they will never be filled. Hopefully you get lucky and the phone guys are wrong, but my experience dictates otherwise. I kind of wonder if they do this to try to get people to order a different one in stock?

Good Luck!
HH
Posted By: rondrews Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/04/08
Now that you'all have gotten over your fixed power withdrawl for $100 does anyone have a 4-12X40 Bushnell 3200 or 4200 with Rainguard that you want to sell? Or maybe a Burris FullfieldII?
Posted By: GregW Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/04/08
HH,

They do this I imagine they'll have me and a whole bunch of us on their butts for a long time...

They'll wish they would have never done it...
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/04/08
Originally Posted by Gmoney
HH,

They do this I imagine they'll have me and a whole bunch of us on their butts for a long time...

They'll wish they would have never done it...

Yep....
I sent them an email replying to the receipt I received via email. I'll share what they say if/when they respond...
Posted By: RickyD Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/04/08
I just called them. They have none in stock and don't have my order, although their website said it went through. They also said they appeared to be still available but was not sure if they would get anymore and it would be a risk to assume they would. Now to call the credit card folks and be sure the charge does not go on my account. Once more, if it sounds to good to be true............. Oh well, it was worth a try!
Posted By: WGM Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/04/08
I just called them also and got the same basic answer:

They said they do not have any in stock right now, and that this scope is a discontinued model (yah, we knew that)... and that they are trying to get some in to fill their orders. They 'expect' to have some in stock within the next few weeks, but don't know how many they will get, or exactly when they will get them. They also said that credit cards will not be charged until the item is in stock, and is shipped to that individual.

TERRIBLE business practice ...
They're fixing to get it...
Call incoming from me as well...
Spoke to a gentleman and he said the same thing. On backorder, he doesn't know when they'll get them and cannot find out any info at all.

I then proceeded to tell him to update the website to illustrate this as folks are being misled and then he got chippy with me. Does not sound good fellas...

Reckon they'll get no more of my business if they pull what I think they're trying to do...
I hope everyone that placed an order calls them to "confirm" their order ... (grin)
Exactly what I was doing...

Think I called it a "order status update"...grin...
Posted By: Wally Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/04/08
I just called them. The girl on the phone said they had none in stock. I asked her where they were going to get these scopes, since they were discontinued models. She said she did not know, and they wouldn't learn anything for 3 weeks. shocked

She did say my card wouldn't be charged until the order is filled. For chits and grins I asked her if I could cancel my order later, if I changed my mind. She seemed to be more than happy to do that! crazy

I started buying a few things from SWFA about a year ago. There website was convenient. Also at the time I lived close to them, and I would get things overnight by UPS ground. That was really handy for rings, bases, etc. I think that is going to change drastically. Too many other good people out there to buy from........like Doug. wink

Steve
If only Doug would offer 6x42 Nikons for 99 bucks...
No kidding! Show season is nearly over, so he will probably have some good deals on display models and the like, in the near future. I'm willing to bet there will be no 4x or 6x Monarchs!

Steve
Posted By: TXPa Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/04/08
Same thing here. Called them about 8:30 a.m. as I was driving down to pick them up. The basic information is: 1.) the 4X and 6X are both discontinued models. 2.) they have neither in stock but have 63 of each model on order. 3.) they don't know when or if they will receive any of them or how many. 4.) all orders received will be filled as/if the scopes become available.

No, I didn't go ahead and order the rings and bases I was going to buy.
Well ... as an aside to all of this ... I did contact Nikon regarding the installation of elevation and windage turrets for the 6x42 Monarch scopes.

Here's my original inquiry:

I used to have a Monarch UCC 3.3-10x44 A0 ... it had the low-profile target turrets on it with the screw on cap covers. I have just bought one of your 6x42 Monarch UCC scopes, and would like to have an elevation turret installed.

Can you please let me know what I need to do in order to have an elevation turret installed on my new scope? Thanks!

Their response (in an email) is as follows:

Currently these are not available, Turrets are being released this spring, unfortunately we do not have an exact date. Best option keep an eye on www.Cabelas.com, or you can call 1-800-845-6687 in a month, we should have more information at that point.

So ... for anyone that already has one of these scopes, or ends up getting one from SWFA (if that ever happens) ... and if you want turrets ... this might turn into one hell of a deal ...

still not happy with SWFA about this though ... doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies by any means ...
Perhaps someone should call in and demand a substitution of a Leupold 6x42 instead.

I'd bet that'd get their attention....

Kaiser Norton
Posted By: PMC Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/04/08
I have been waiting to find a Nikon 4x40 Monarch for a project. I almost got excited.....

Pmc
Posted By: Oregon45 Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/04/08
Just called and cancelled both my orders. I won't be doing business with SWFA again.
I just got this email from David at SWFA:

We regret to inform you that the following merchandise is currently back ordered:
Item Qty Qty Qty Expected
Number Description Ord. Shp. Bck. By
---------- ------------------------------ -------- -------- -------- --------
6508 *Nikon 6x42 Monarch UCC Rifles 1.00 0.00 1.00
cope
Matte, Nikoplex

We maintain a multi-million dollar inventory and take great pride in our order fill rate. However, other factors beyond our control sometimes play a role in delivery. We are working diligently to ship your order at the earliest possible date.
Thank you for choosing SWFA.

I'm thinking about canceling my order as well ... However, I will wait until I talk with Nikon again about the turrets they say will be available this summer, and what the cost of having one installed will be ...
Posted By: goose2044 Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/04/08
I just recieved an email notifying me that my scopes are on back order. After just one phone call I have determined that SWFA will not get my attention ever again. It's a very poor business practice to knowingly list back ordered items for sale as if the items are in stock. The associate made no attempt to keep my business or find an alternative solution. She didn't even say "I'm sorry." I'll have more fun spending my money elsewhere instead of waiting for the honyacks to fill a back order.
I just responded to my email from David at SWFA ... I had a few questions for him, but will admit that I was very polite about everything I asked. I'm extremely curious to see how he/they will respond, and what type of attitude will be conveyed about this situation.

If/when they respond, I will consider posting my original email to them, as well as their response.
WGM,

I got the exact same email you did 5 minutes ago as well. If you've already sent some questions to them I will not waste my time. Please let us know when you get a response or via PM if you wish...
Posted By: mathman Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/04/08
I sure hope these guys man up and come through. I put a close friend onto this deal and he ordered two of them.
Posted By: rost495 Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/04/08
SWFA has always been right on deals for me over the years....

I"m not sure how all this happened, but personally I know how it goes... I buy components for competitive shooters, and offer them a deal as we buy bulk... But sometimes it takes months to get stuff in and this year stuff has been so stupid, its gone up 2-3 times before it comes in.... No one is going to loose money. I'm not. Its just one of those things... I'll offer it to you at a good deal, but if when it comes in its gone up, sorry, I"m not making much if any and I'm sure not going to loose any...

Jeff
Jeff ...

SWFA really has no leg to stand on here. They did not offer the 4x or 6x scopes with a 'projected price, if we can get them' ... they show them for sale at $99.00 plus shipping, and fully processed all our orders. That is the price they are bound to, period.

IF this was a mistake, and the price was set way too low so that they would lose a lot of money on this 'sale', the ONLY thing I can think of that might save them is if they are never able to get any of these scopes in stock...

I got the same e-mail as well. The way this is going, I wonder if there is really anybody there named David.

Isn't this what they call a "bait and switch"? smirk

Steve
Posted By: EZEARL Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/04/08
Hey Rich(rahtreelimbs)sorry to have to say you were right,but,by GOD, you were dead on. Hope you get things straightened out with no problems.

til later
Originally Posted by EZEARL
Hey Rich(rahtreelimbs)sorry to have to say you were right,but,by GOD, you were dead on. Hope you get things straightened out with no problems.

til later

I cancelled my order.
Posted By: cfran Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/04/08
I'm glad I checked this thread before I placed my order - was just about to pull the trigger. Do they believe another shipment is coming in?
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/04/08
Got the same email.....had a 6x42 and a Prostaff Rimfire 4x32 that I ordered at the same time. I didn't think they would have any of the Monarch's (just a gut feeling based on previous experience), but the email said both were on backorder........ I thought they'd at least have the rimfire scope.

JCM
I doubt I'll ever (we'll ever) know for sure what is actually happening right now ... Is it a 'bait and switch', webmaster error in posting such a discounted price on an out-of-stock item, or simply bad business in advertising something that's not in stock with no real knowledge of when said items should be in stock (if ever) ...

I've dealt with SWFA in the past, and always had positive experiences ... but this one obviously is different ...
Posted By: kk alaska Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/04/08
We regret to inform you that the following merchandise is currently back ordered:

6506 *Nikon 6x42 Monarch UCC Rifles 1.00 0.00 1.00
cope
Gloss, Nikoplex

My E mail reply & I ordered early, (sounded to good to be true)
was pleased with the shipping quote. $10 to 99577 USPS Priority.

Ordered a scope with Natchez , shipping same carrier, scope same weight. USPS Priority was $20.98 to 99577 ?
Posted By: cooperfan Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/04/08
Got the same e-mail from David that you guys got. I am going to call them in the morning.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/05/08
I've had problems with the SWFA price match thing. I tried to get them to price match a scope I was buying and when they saw the competitors price they went to talk to a manager and came back and told me they were out of stock of the one I wanted and could not match it. It seemed like it was in stock before I asked for a price match.

I also tried to recently get them to price match a new style monarch and they said they could not go below MAP pricing because of "an agreement" with Nikon. I thought price fixing agreements were against anti-trust laws.

I personally stay away from SWFA anymore.
like I said, good luck guys! Everything you are all reporting is exactly the same! I received the same exact answers and left my order open for a long time hoping to receive one of the previously discontinued variable scopes in the 3x9 version last year but the factory never shipped enough to fill my order if any. They had no problem cancelling it 6 months or so later and I was never charged (I don't think they are trying to rip any one off - just making it look like they have great deals which few if any ever get.) The backordered, discontinued scope never materialized even though the internet took my order. Maybe a couple of the first orders will get filled if the factory has any left to ship, but somehow I think they know there are none left when they mark them down to the low, low price hoping some will get discouraged waiting and order a different model. I talked to David and others regularly at SWFA and the factory never shipped any more scopes to fill my order for the 3x9 monarch UCC for like around $180 which I finally cancelled.

HH
I received the same email as the rest of you. They should have noted that the offer is "limited to quantities on hand" or somesuch.

I'm really not steamed about it, as I figured that was what it was about ( the scope is not listed on Nikon's site). Still would hope to get one, but am not holding my breath.
Originally Posted by Borealis Bob
I received the same email as the rest of you. They should have noted that the offer is "limited to quantities on hand" or somesuch.

I'm really not steamed about it, as I figured that was what it was about ( the scope is not listed on Nikon's site). Still would hope to get one, but am not holding my breath.

Well, I am a bit cheesed about it ( I ordered two 6x42s). As you say, there should be some sort of note regarding quantities in stock, etc. They've had a full day to "fix" this problem of theirs, and a person can still order one if they like (just tried it, their site took me all the way to the "submit order" screen without so much as a quibble). I sent "Dave" a reply that they can send me a FXIII 6x42 in place of the two Nikons I ordered - for the same price.

And I'll let them keep the lenspen, too!

Kaiser Norton
It really makes me wonder..........this website has members that are the epitome of hunters/shooters etc. One would think SWFA would watch and cater ( just a little ) to us.

I guess I am asking too much.........
Posted By: GregW Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/05/08
I'm not worried about the scope either, hell I don't even have a spare gun around to out it on...

It's a matter of principal and I'm not gonna fold up and let them have their way. I'll hound and pester till they give me a logical conclusion or they honor their "promise"...
Posted By: Jamison Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/05/08
Hell, I didn't even get the email...
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/05/08
Figure I'll call the false advertising muthaphuckers in the a.m.
Originally Posted by WGM
Is it a 'bait and switch', webmaster error in posting such a discounted price on an out-of-stock item,

That's my guess.....

Figure there are enough of us that got [bleep] to amount to a class action lawsuit............ wink
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by WGM
Is it a 'bait and switch', webmaster error in posting such a discounted price on an out-of-stock item,

That's my guess.....

Figure there are enough of us that got [bleep] to amount to a class action lawsuit............ wink

Always thinking...aintcha
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw
Originally Posted by WGM

That's my guess.....

Always thinking...aintcha

He's serious!!!
Posted By: avagadro Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/05/08
this website has members that are the epitome of hunters/shooters etc. One would think SWFA would watch and cater ( just a little ) to us.

SWFA has a history here at the campfire .... go check out the archives.
Originally Posted by avagadro
this website has members that are the epitome of hunters/shooters etc. One would think SWFA would watch and cater ( just a little ) to us.

SWFA has a history here at the campfire .... go check out the archives.

Still...........seems to me that someone at SWFA has their head up their azz...........why advertise something you can't deliver on???
Posted By: Razkul99 Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/05/08
I have never used them for anything... and from the way they appear to be handling this situation for you guys, I won't.
My 14 yr old was going to get one for his 300wsm,what a bunch of sh-t
Posted By: Wally Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/05/08
I wonder what good an e-mail to Nikon would do? I wouldn't think the big shots at a reputable company would want to be linked directly or indirectly to a fiasco like this.

Anyway, I'm probably going to cancel my order, and cease doing business with SWFA. I'm a little sour at Nikon as well. It seems to me they would put a stop to this crap.

Steve
Posted By: Jamison Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/05/08
I tried to email Nikon-- their website is about a f'ed up as SWFA. You have to create an account just to send them an email....
I tried to email Nikon-- their website is about a f'ed up as SWFA. You have to create an account just to send them an email....

What a surprise! mad

Steve
Posted By: WGM Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/05/08
two things ...

1. I just visited SWFA's website again, and it appears they have removed the listing of the 6x42's ... However, the 4x40's are still listed proudly at $99.00 + S/H ...

2. I'm not at all afraid to start an account with Nikon in order to send them an email ... however, they do have a phone number listed that I'll call tomorrow while driving to Houston. It's the "Customer Information" number ... 1-800-645-6687 ... The "Nikon World" phone number is 1-877-446-4566 ...

Dial away fellas ... and be sure to fill them in on all the details ... I'm sure that the more calls they get with full information will help our cause, if you want to call it that ... (grin)
I should have included this link in my previous post...

Nikon Customer Support Phone Numbers

Just in case another number is needed ...
Posted By: whiskygun Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/05/08
I bought two of the damn things and got the email notice today at the office. I didn't really get steamed until I read 12 pages of futility. Damn, I had an excuse to go buy 2 rifles. Happy Frickin Mardi Gras. They better fill the damn orders. Class action suit anyone?
I just attempted to get an e-mail through to Nikon. I was unsuccessful. I tried to open an account, and the site kept asking for more irrelevant information. It eventually kicked me off the site.

Now that's some real good customer service! mad

Steve
Steve ... did you try calling them?

on that same note, I don't make it a rule to judge a company's customer service by how easy/hard it is to navigate their website ... especially when I can easily find phone numbers to call and get a live person on the line to discuss issues ...

I only resort to email when I want to document the questions/answers ...
WGM,

No, I haven't tried calling them yet. I figured it was a little too early.

I e-mailed them for the same reason you suggest, documentation. I noticed you're going to call them. Let me know what you learn, and I'll do the same.

Steve
I'll be calling them soon ...
WGM,

I just got off the phone with Nikon Technical Service. I spoke to a gentleman named Ed. He was very polite, and listened to my concerns. In return I was very polite to him in explaining what happened. I also mentioned this website, so he could see that my case was not an isolated incident.

He told me he was glad I called, that they needed to know about this type of thing, and he would forward this to the proper people. He also took my name and number.

Anyway, based on this experience, I have a much better feeling about Nikon's customer service.

Steve
Fellas...
Thanks for the efforts.

Please let me know what ya'll find out and let me know if anymore inquiries need to be made other than the ones I made yesterday...
Well, ya gotta love this....

As of 5 minutes ago, SWFA now says that the Nikon Monarch 6x42 is "discontinued and no longer available".

Funny, Cabelas still has them in stock.....

Yep, I'm still thinkin' "bait-and-switch"....
They've totally taken the 6x42's off their site now...
What a coincidence! smirk

I wonder what the folks at Nikon will say to them. I know SWFA is a big Nikon dealer.

Steve
OK guys, What is the plan now ...

They made an Offer (6x42 Monarch for $99.99 plus $10.00 shipping).

I Accepted (Order Confirmation Email).

In the meantime I relied on the contract to my detriment. (Moved the sighted in 3-12 SII off my M70 FWT Swede and installed and sighted in on the new M5 Remington).

SWFA breached. (Email "oh so sorry ...").

GE awaits marching orders.

(Not licensed in TX)

GE
Posted By: mtnman1 Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/05/08
I didn't get in on this as I suspected that this exact situation was going to happen and just couldn't muster the energy in anticipation of the frustration. smile I wouldn't base perspectives of Nikon and their customer service on SWFA's poor performance. I've had and still have several Nikons and they have all been great. In the couple of occasions where I've had to deal with their customer service it's also been fantastic. They definitely stand behind their product from my experience and are fairly open in how they deal with folks. I hope you fellas get this worked out, but don't hold Nikon accountable for SWFA's BS.
As I already stated, I have a much better feeling about Nikon's CS after my conversation with Ed. I also think Nikon needs to be aware of the situation. I know if I were in Nikon's shoes, I wouldn't want a dealer pulling this crap while representing my products.

Steve
Posted By: Oregon45 Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/05/08
I think the world of Nikon as well, but letting them know about this is important because they wield the "big stick" when it comes to SWFA.
VA,

Where did you find the 6x42 on Cabela's site? I only found the 4x listed, and it said they were sold out. At least they tell ya!

I did notice they had some of the 2x7's in the Bargain Cave.

Steve
OK, so I've taken it to SWFA's pet board "opticstalk dot com"

Anybody care to join me?

GE

(On Pro-Bono Campfire day ...)
Hmmmmmm......

Curious......

Nikon no longer lists the 6x42 on their corporate site any longer.
I just spoke with Myron at Nikon ... He said Nikon USA has moved all their inventory of the 6x42s and 4x40s to their distributors and has no more - I.e. SWFA isn't getting anymore of these scopes from Nikon ... IF the are getting more its from somewhere else ...

Myron said he's familiar with SWFA and will be looking into this ...

Anyone have SWFAs phone number handy? I want to call them but am driving to houston right now and can't look it up ...
Sorry you have to come to this city WGM...

Business Hours: Monday thru Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.

Mailing & Shipping Address: 420 Century Way, #100
Red Oak, TX, 75154
Phone Number: (972) SCOPE-IT (726-7348)
Fax Number: (972) 617-1647
Email:
According to pyro6999 on Opticstalk, Chris Farris is the one to talk to, but he isn't expected to be back from SHOT until this afternoon or tomorrow ...

GE
Posted By: mtnman1 Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/05/08
Wasn't directing my comments at anyone in particular, quick reply can be a PITA. Talked to Nikon way back when about a guy selling some beat scopes on Ebay and claiming they'd fix 'em for free. Called Nikon to verify and they were very interested and asked for a bunch of details so they could follow up. The ads had been running for a while on Ebay and they dried up in a hurry. I think it was some dealer with a bunch of damaged goods that had already been reimbursed and was trying to get a double dip. Anyway, I was real impressed with the way Nikon handled it. The guy I talked to even wanted to know if I'd been stung by the guy and if so was willing to see what he could do to make it right. Nikon might not be my first choice, but they're damned good about standing behind their product and customers from what I've seen. My bet is they'll get to the bottom of the story with SWFA post haste.
FWIW ... I spoke to Joy at Nikon. Nice lady. Hopefully they are getting tired of these calls. Keep em coming guys ...

GE
Got some sort of attention:

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?tid=9722

Chris Farris II explains as follows:

We only had a limited supply they were priced so low because they were discontinued. Which means when we run out there will be no more available. When we changed that price we did not intend on selling them that fast due to the fact we did not send out anything informing anyone about this sale. We had no clue until Monday morning becuase we were not here. I apologize about this we are looking into this as we speak. I will keep everyone posted. Again I apologize about this inconvenience. This may explain where a lot of the orders came form.

FWIW,

GE
Originally Posted by Gaviidae_Esq
Got some sort of attention:

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?tid=9722

Chris Farris II explains as follows:

We only had a limited supply they were priced so low because they were discontinued. Which means when we run out there will be no more available. When we changed that price we did not intend on selling them that fast due to the fact we did not send out anything informing anyone about this sale. We had no clue until Monday morning becuase we were not here. I apologize about this we are looking into this as we speak. I will keep everyone posted. Again I apologize about this inconvenience. This may explain where a lot of the orders came form.

FWIW,

GE

Didn't get there until Monday? I placed my order last week! So I guess they weren't there Thursday or Friday either.
Posted By: stumpy Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/05/08
I ordered another 6X just hoping to try it on some pigs this summer. But I can't say not getting another scope is something I am going to lose sleep over.
Wish I could have tried one for that price, but it appears the only problem was the ad which should have stated
"stock on hand only".

stumpy
Just talked to Joy at Nikon. She is a very nice lady and they do seem to be concerned about this problem. They asked that we get back with them if the problem is not resolved or if your credit card is billed. Keep the calls up ... we might get our scopes.
If Sean hadn't started this thread you know that SWFA wouldn't have noticed that they still had the scope on their website!!!
Helluva note, that.....
Heck, SWFA is even blaming it on Sean ...

CHRIS FARRIS II:

We will be getting about 30 more from Nikon. We started this sale last week then over the weekend the number of orders was greater than the number of scopes we had coming. When we got here on Monday and noticed this we shut it down. We did not advertise this at all. Therefore we did not expect this to happen. I was informed of this from a customer that there was talk about it on a site called 24 hour campfire. The thread has over 1700 hits. This was a lot of the reason for the surplus of orders over the weekend. We are not sure who the 30 scopes will be going to at this point. You should all be informed of your orders individually via e-mail. I apologize about this incovenience.

- Sean should get his scope first!

GE

Edit:

Tho I note SWFA has a "Sample List" on their site and, given the explanation, it would have been appropriate to have listed them with the rest of the discontinued and close out items.
Amazing how they can't figure out wtf they have, but it's someone elses fault for passing along a wrongly (notice I did not say "falsely") advertised good deal....

Originally Posted by CHRIS FARRIS II

We did not advertise this at all.

BULLSCHIT!

Listed on a public, open order web site for financial gain? That's advertising!
I called them also. They have far more orders for the Nikon than they have scopes coming in.

Some will get some.....hopefully!!!

Doesn't help me being pi$$ed off about it though!!!
I will remind you all that they are responding on opticstalk ... it took "taking it to theirs" and some of them are standing up like we would for Doug or Rick (tho Doug or Rick don't ever seem to need their backs gotten ... hmm I *wonder* why ...)

But I'd say we can do the best by keeping the Nikon 6x42 thread TTT over there ...

GE
Posted By: GeoW Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/05/08
No way. There are no friggin scopes. Nikon is in cahoots with SWFA as they have been with the New York camera dealers for years. No difference!
GeoW
Posted By: PMC Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/05/08
The 4x40 is still listed. I just got off the phone with them and they are not in stock either. On order and past due.

Pmc
Posted By: 222Rem Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/05/08
I emailed "David" yesterday afternoon, and still haven't heard back. I assume he's been too busy with phone calls to get to his computer.....
Well, however anyone might feel about this, I do give him credit for coming on the OT forum, attempting to explain the situation, and offering an apology. Now I guess we'll see who gets one of the 30 scopes.

Steve
Posted By: carbon12 Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/05/08
After seeing Sean's first post on Sunday, I immediately placed my order and have been following this thread as well as the one on Opticstalk. Just before Chris Ferris II posted that there would be about 30 more scopes, I called and asked about my order status. I was told that there are no more scopes and that there would be no reason to not to cancel my order. So, I did. Bad move on my part.

A few minutes later, I see the Chris Ferris II post that there would be ~30 more scopes and I immediately call SWFA and asked to be put back into the wait list. I thought this was justified and fair because I was given wrong information by someone on the staff at SWFA.

I spoke to Stephanie at SWFA and she informed me that once I cancelled my order, I cannot be put back into my original position. I was then told that where I was originally on the wait list would have been too far back to receive a scope in any case. So if you ordered after I did, you may be too late as well. That is assuming what I was told is fact. I have my doubts based on the amount of misinformation so far from SWFA.

Below is a cut and paste of my order confirmation.

Order Number: 53785 Order Date: 2/3/2008 8:54:50 AM
Customer ID: 624444
Current Status:
Affiliate ID: 0
Storefront Version: 1.0

As a consolation, I was offered 25% off of any scope that SWFA has in stock up to $299.00 (could have been 399.00)
I want to reiterate that when I spoke with Nikon today they assured me that they have no more of these scopes to ship out, that these models are discontinued, and that if SWFA is expecting a shipment of these scopes, they are not coming directly from Nikon ...

I mention this again in response to Chris Farris' statement that they are expecting a shipment of 30 scopes from Nikon ...

Nikon did say, however, that they are not the only 'supplier' of their scopes to distributors - but Nikon did not say who these other sources are.
I have been over on SWFA's OT forum, and I responded to Chris Farris II's apology. I immediately got a PM from him. We had a very sincere, respectful correspondence. I am so impressed with his willingness to help me, that I am going to change my order so someone else can have a chance. Yeah, I was going to get one of the scopes.

Steve
This is Chris Farris II's latest post on the OT forum:

"This thread will not be locked at this point. We are still informing the community and want to hear what they have to say. Locking this thread will serve no purpose. We plan to stand face to face and resolve whatever problems there are. There will be no closing of any doors at this point. We want to hear what our customers have to say!!!!! We value your opinions positive or negative. Because with your opinions lets us know how to fix problems and grow and become stronger as individuals and as a company. A company is nothing without valued customers!"

That's where I'm coming from,

Steve
Posted By: cooperfan Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/05/08
I also called David today. He was very apologetic and said that I probably won't get one. No big deal I guess, I tried.

Coop
Maybe you'll get mine.

Steve
Posted By: ousooner Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/05/08
I too placed an order on Sunday night and subsequently received the backorder e-mail like everyone else.
I was certainly disappointed about how it turned out but I wasn't outraged or anything. These things happen. You shrug your shoulders and go on.
However, I had planned on keeping my order open on the off chance that I might eventually receive a scope.
Well, I just got two e-mails from Stephanie at SWFA, the first stating the order couldn't be filled and the second one acknowledging "my request" to cancel the order. As far as I know I never made such a request, so I guess they're cancelling most orders and then sending you an e-mail telling you they cancelled it because you told them to.
I don't know, I guess they're trying to handle it as best they can. They did offer 25 percent off on any other scope up to $400, but I think from now on I'll just stick to ordering from the places I'm familiar with.

Damn, and I was really, really looking forward to trying out a Monarch 6x42 against my Leupolds...

Well, I have not gotten any emails, or alternate offers, from anyone related with SWFA since the blanket "Dave" email. I ordered on Saturday, just after midnight.

Kaiser Norton
Posted By: Jamison Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/06/08
I still haven't gotten an email....
Posted By: WGM Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/06/08
CJ ... did you get an email with your 'receipt' when you ordered it on line? Or, did you print the 'receipt' when you finished your order on the website? If so (to either) have you called them to 'confirm' your order? ...
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/06/08
My discount offer was for 25% on scopes up to $399.95. I wonder if the Leupold VX2 4-12x40 AO falls into that range?

Jeff
I'd be liking 50 to 60 off up to 300 myself ... but we'll see what they do.

I must have done something right. Sure PO'd somebody over there.

Like I say leaving the courthouse after a jury trial: "Chaos. Anarchy. Discord. My work here is done!"

GE
I printed the receipt, and I am still looking for it. I paid with my PayPal debit card and the money is gone from the account...
CJ ... you might wanna let Chris Farris know about that transaction, as I'm guessing he thinks that nobody is actually out any money at this time ... I can't know for sure if my CC was charged or not, but according to Chris and everyone else at SWFA, the CC is not charged until the item is (effectively) shipped out to the customer ...
The transaction is still "pending", but the money is definitely not in the PayPal account. It could be held indefinitely if the transaction is not refused by SWFA.
well ... I'm sure that Chris Farris can take care of that, if he's notified ... (grin)
Posted By: whiskygun Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/06/08
Hey guys, the opticstalk forum is calling us a bunch of democrats if you know what i mean. They are even questioning out mental abilities. You need to go there and read some of the stuff they are saying.
I'm feeling *real* personal love myself ... lol.

Taking one for this team A N Y D A Y ...

GE
Keep up the good work my friend!
Posted By: RickBin Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/06/08
Originally Posted by Steelhead

That is, by far, the worst financial advice I have ever heard or seen posted.
Originally Posted by RickBin

That is, by far, the worst financial advice I have ever heard or seen posted.

No kidding. As a lawyer I guarantee I've spent mucho leupymickeys in alimony and child support since the separation/divorce ...

GE
Posted By: Steelhead Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/06/08
Perhaps, but it do have comedic value, as does the great Monarch migration..
Well, you know what they say, "I've been called worse things by better people than you, so you can kiss my fat white azz if you've got a problem with me!".

OTH, I don't understand what the guys at www.opticstalk.com are so pissed about. Are they pissed because we submitted our order for the $99 scopes and they didn't?

Jeff
357 Mag just took a shot at me ...
Funny how someone that read both sides, sees his side as being like a "democrat", well as the saying goes, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.................

I didn't say we were like democrats, only you were treating us like democrats. I tried to sign in on their site but kept having problems. They seem to have a problem with us complaining we didn't get our scopes. Damn right we have a problem. Upgrade the sight so they don't have this problem again. I hope the SOB gets on a donar list, gets to a table, and then they say ooops, we made a mistake ... sorry! I'm not apologizing for being pissed and we have the right to complain.

Posted By: Calvin Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/06/08

TFF! Somebody needs to take notice and sell a 6x42 scope for $99. Apparently they'd sell a million.....
Originally Posted by Calvin

TFF! Somebody needs to take notice and sell a 6x42 scope for $99. Apparently they'd sell a million.....

Pentax would if it wasn't for that buggered christmas tree reticle.

I swear, the damn reticle is the ONLY thing keeping me from owning a few.

GE
I'm liking the $82+/- Gameseeker 4-12x40s that I bought, except for the very short eye relief, Dober was 10x10 on that point. The reticle is busy, but for shooting paper, plinking, and non-critic varmint control, it works OK.

Put 1 on the GM barreled Ruger 10/22 and it shoots lights-out. Going to put 2 more on a pair of CAS specs Remington 700s in 204 and 22-250.

Jeff
Posted By: Cheesy Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/06/08
I normally would say you all are over-reacting, that crap happens, life goes on. On the other hand, I had SWFA do the same thing to my dad and I 6 months or so ago when we tried to get some 2-7 Monarchs on a clearance price. They said they were backordered. We waited and waited and waited. They said they'd be in the next month. The next month happened, they never showed. We canceled the order. When I saw this post about the 6x scopes, I figured it would result in the same thing, and it has.

So, the thing is you all aren't over-reacting. SWFA has a long history of this and hasn't fixed it yet. Keep them on the run.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/06/08
SWFA put something out there for a quick sale, got over-run with orders (that they obviously weren't expecting), and now can't provide. I some what expected this based on past experience but I still put my order in. A simple warning on the numbers available, etc might have helped. They screwed up, but really didn't screw anyone.........

I do feel that the 25% off is a great step in working to make this up to those who ordered. I think that is good customer service on SWFA's part.

Still haven't heard a yes/no on my order.........

JCM
Posted By: ousooner Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/06/08
I have to agree, I don't think they intentionally meant to screw anyone. It's a good example of how something obscure can quickly go "viral" and overwhelm a business website.
I was a bit irritated with the e-mails I got last night about my "request" to cancel the order, but in hindsight I think it may have been a simply a poorly-worded e-mail.
I'm willing to give SWFA a chance, and I do think the 25 percent off offer is an honest way of trying to make things right.
Posted By: Calvin Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/06/08
I'd be thanking SWFA for saving me a $99 impulse purchase, take the 25% off for a Leupy 6x42 and be done with it...
Just spoke to a gent at SWFA. I was told that the out of stock was with respect to the matte finish 6x42's and that the gloss finish 6x42's will in fact ship.

I can't/won't vouch for the veracity of this info.

If they come in, my kids will have new scopes for their springers.

Oh Yeah....when I called, I asked for a status check on my order, and did not identify and issues. Gent asked me up front whether I was from 24Hour...
Posted By: GregW Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/06/08
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw
Gent asked me up front whether I was from 24Hour...

Really? Can they do this and then make a decision on what to do whether or not you are from here?

What did you say?
Sure they can ask. I told him yes, as I never received an email telling me that I wasn't getting the scopes and offering me a 25% discount, and wanted one if the scopes were not shipping.

How they deal with any or all of their customers is their business, as crappy as that practice may be. They can do what they please as long as they do it within the bounds of the law.

Posted By: VAnimrod Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/06/08
Still ain't seen any e-mail re: 25% off.....

Considering this whole thing is "my fault", I reckon I ought not be surprised.....
Did you order the gloss? Give em a call. Maybe you will be able to confirm the info I received.

No fault attributable to you.
I talked to their service dept today. Received 2 emails. Ones that were mentioned before. Suggested they change the wording as it was upsetting to many. It's merely a form letter, but the cancellation one can irritate you. They are honoring the 25% 30 days from the time you receive the email. If you didn't receive it, maybe your one of the lucky who will get a scope.
I ordered matte.

I was told that my order was DOA, since they didn't have the goods, and since the goods were discontinued.

End of discussion from the SWFA end.

Can't say as that I was overly impressed.....
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/06/08
I didn't recieve the 25% off email either.....but after asking, was told I was up enough in the order list to be "guaranteed one when they show up". Great deal. Might be the same situation for you VA.

JCM
Hope you get em guys. Good luck.
Funny, me either. I sincerely hope it is because I ordered a glossy.

GE
Posted By: TBS Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/06/08
I cancelled my order by email and got confirmation from david that it was cancelled. So I ordered 1000 bullets from grafs instead.
gettin' interestin'......
Posted By: GregW Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/06/08
I have not received an email back since Monday.
I received an email from 2 gentleman first thing Monday and have then replied to them both with no answer just wanting to clarify their position...

I did not cancel my order either...
Well, I don't intend to fan any flames here, and I do hope everyone that ordered gets their scopes, or some sort of compensation they can live with.. Below is my correspondence with SWFA, verbatim. Included is the email I recieved from David today. I actually did goof and ordered the gloss scopes, but had sent them an email asking to switch to matte. Maybe I'll get the gloss ones, who knows.

I was a little torqued when I began this correspondence, as I am very hesitant to offer up my credit card #s to any businesses over the interenet (what with the amount of identity theft going on these days), and to have a business take my order and then backpedal out of the transaction -well, it didn't set right. So that is where my perspective comes from. Trust is a huge issue with me, businesses have to earn mine.

Kaiser Norton ->

We will be getting enough from Nikon to fill all of our back orders for that item.

Sorry for the delay,

Dave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 7:13 PM
To: David
Subject: Re: SWFA Order

Ok, David- what is the story? FYI, there is a HUGE sh*t storm on the Internet about this deal. Everyone is saying that SWFA doesn't have them in stock, they're on backorder, they're a discontinued item, a very limited amount are expected in, etc., etc. and so forth. And yet, they are still listed for sale with no notification as to stock status (availability), or that the item may have been discontinued.

As is seems unlikely that you will be able to fulfill the order I placed in good faith, I will take in sustitution a (one) Leupold FX III 6x42, sku # LEU63090, at the price of the two Nikons I have on order ($211.90). Please ship it to the address listed on my order form.

Thank you,

CAL Lambert

Fargo, ND

----- Original Message -----

To: [email protected]

Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 12:31 PM

Subject: SWFA Order

Re: Order Number: 181926

Calvin Lambert

6506 *Nikon 6x42 Monarch UCC Rifles 2.00 0.00 2.00
cope
Gloss, Nikoplex

LP99 SWFA Lens Pen 2.00 0.00 0.00
Lens Cleaning Pen

We maintain a multi-million dollar inventory and take great pride in our order fill rate. However, other factors beyond our control sometimes play a role in delivery. We are working diligently to ship your order at the earliest possible date.

Thank you for choosing SWFA.

Posted By: chas05 Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/07/08
seems fair to me

edit--but likely SWFA be won't getting my business
Heck Kaiser, I didn't know you were in Fargo.

I'm back home about once a week. Let me know when I can buy you a beer.

GE
Same old [bleep], different day when it comes you guys' dealings with SWFA. They're famous for doing exactly what's been posted, and are conveniently out of stock when someone wants to utilize their so called 110% price match guarantee.

Fug 'em!...
Posted By: Jambo Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/07/08
They must be getting stomped...

Web-site is off-line as of 2200 Pacific time.
Posted By: stumpy Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/12/08
I just got an email that said my order was going to be filled.

Plan on trying this scope on my .260.

stumpy

Posted By: RickyD Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/12/08
Good for you! Glad someone will get one. Hope many more do too.
Posted By: WGM Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/12/08
supposedly, 30 people will be getting scopes, as SWFA has stated a few different times that they are receiving 30 of them (matte finish/nikoplex reticle) ... can't know if they are all campfire members, but regardless, there are quite a few from this board that ordered one ...

so we'll see how it turns out ...
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/12/08
Originally Posted by stumpy
I just got an email that said my order was going to be filled.

Plan on trying this scope on my .260.

stumpy

For clarification.....did they say the order was being filled now (as in, they had recieved the scopes), or that it would be filled WHEN they recieved the scopes?

I was told last week my order was early enough I would recieve a scope......thus my question. Thanks stumpy,

JCM
Posted By: CURLY Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/12/08
I ordered late Saturday night on the 2nd, and when I called Monday, the 11th, I was told I did not make the cut.

I asked about the rumored 25% discount for the snafu, and the customer service rep said to wait for a call from them in the next couple of weeks?

I don't mind the wait but am puzzled as to why. Apparently they know who is lucky enough to get their order filled. Those of us who did not make the cust should be able to be notified by phone, or e-mail as to what, if anything, the company will offer as a consolation for the order snafu?

Has anybody else gotten a solid answer about the 25% discount, or is that optimistic speculation.

Thanks,
Curly
Posted By: stumpy Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/12/08
"We will be getting enough from Nikon to fill our back orders."

I hope it happens, but if it doesn't, I haven't lost anything but some planning.

stumpy
I haven't received a backorder notice, nor an offer of a 25% discount on substitute merchandise.

I sent an email the other day requesting clarification of the status of my order...no reply yet.
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/13/08
Originally Posted by stumpy
"We will be getting enough from Nikon to fill our back orders."

Funny....... Nikon says it ain't coming from them.......
Posted By: WGM Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/13/08
you don't have to tell me ... I'm the one that talked with Nikon myself about the 'supply' of scopes ...

but, in an effort to be totally objective and honest, here is what Nikon told me when I talked with them ... to paraphrase:

"We have long since shipped out all of our supply/inventory of the 'older style' Monarch 6x42 and 4x40 scopes. But, we are not the sole 'supplier' of these to the dealers, as there are other sources that may very well still have some in stock, and be able to supply SWFA with some to help fill their orders."

So, SWFA might not have literally meant that they were receiving them from Nikon USA ... they may have just chosen their words poorly - and instead could have just said "One of our suppliers has some, and will be sending enough to fill our back orders." ...

like I keep saying ... we'll see ...
Posted By: GregW Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/13/08
Just got an email from another gentleman I had been conversing with via email. He returned an email I sent 8 days ago. On the phone last week another gentleman said I would be getting the scope when they came in (sometime this week) since I was one of the "lucky 30". This gentleman via email today said they do not know when or if they are getting any more of them in...

They really need to get their crap straight. I don't care if I get one or not at this point, they just need to communicate internally and get it straightened out and keep giving their customers a runaround.

Posted By: CURLY Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/13/08
I agree!

I would just like to know either way. Even if they get the scopes from another supplier, an answer would be helpful.

I also gave them my credit card which was a debit to my checking account, and the money was taken.

Still no correspondance either by e-mail or phone.
I just spoke with Chris Farris again, via PM on his message board. He told me that the email that Gmoney got was from someone who was on vacation all last week, and was not fully up to speed on this particular situation.

Here's Chris' response to me regarding the situation:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Edgar (the guy that sent that email) has no clue about this whole ordeal he was on vacation last week. I will further explain this to Edgar. We are gettting these, If you want to call me I will further explain it is a pretty long story. We are receiving them around the end of February.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, there you have it ...
Hate to say it, but you guys are a lot more willing to put up with a bunch of B.S. to save few bucks than I am. What's that old saying about a hand in the bush is better than,......oh, never mind!....
Daryll ... I agree, but in this case, I'm not personally being held hostage in any way ... I don't have a project in the works that requires this scope, nor do I have any lonely rifles waiting for this scope. My credit card has not been charged, and won't be until the scope has shipped ...

I'm not saying that makes it right, or wrong for that matter ... and I would be rather peeved were I being 'held up' ...

So far, despite the mix-up with the advertisement on their website and lack of stock to fill orders, it does appear that Chris is working to get things straightened out ... The other thing Chris seems to need to concentrate on, is getting his employees on the same page - aka: communication within the company ...
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Hate to say it, but you guys are a lot more willing to put up with a bunch of B.S. to save few bucks than I am. What's that old saying about a hand in the bush is better than,......oh, never mind!....

So what...........you order one if it comes in great..........if it doesn't move on!!!

This scope is worth it for $100!!!

If you are on this site chances are that you aleady have a scope to use in its place!!!
I simply don't have the patience or tolerance for it. I'd rather spend a few more bucks and know I'm getting what I want, when I want it, rather than being dicked around by a half-@$$ed company making all kinds of excuses and promises. Hope it works out for you guys, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I simply don't have the patience or tolerance for it. I'd rather spend a few more bucks and know I'm getting what I want, when I want it, rather than being dicked around by a half-@$$ed company making all kinds of excuses and promises.

Your choice..........can't argue with that!!!
Posted By: carbon12 Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/14/08
Ordered a Leupold FXII 6x36 from SWFA to redeem the credit (25% off any scope up to $399.00) offered to those that ordered the $99.00 6x42 Nikons but were not near enough to the top of the waiting list to buy one. Bummer that the Leupold is on back order until the 28th. Sweet that the discounted price will be $209.99. Bummer that the "free gift" normally included with this scope, if purchased at the full price, won't be included. I guess that makes me one of those that has more "patience and tolerance" than money.
Posted By: CURLY Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/15/08
Carbon12,

Did SWFA contact you, or did you contact them?

I was told to wait a couple of weeks. Not sure if I am close enough to the top of the list to maybe get one, but I have not heard either way.
Posted By: carbon12 Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/16/08
Curly,

I initially contacted Stephanie at SWFA. She offered me the 25% discount after determining where I would have been on the wait list. After the phone conversation, I received an email from her informing me of the same. If you look for my post above, I noted when I placed my order. If you ordered a matte finish scope after me, then you might be too far down the list for a matte finished Nikon. If you ordered a gloss finish, then your place on the wait list might be different.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/20/08
Any word on if/when these will be in or where they're coming from? Thanks,

JCM
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/20/08
Wanna place any bets?
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 02/20/08
LOL...

Time will tell. What kinda odds are you laying?

JCM
Posted By: Jamison Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/06/08
Guys, I talked to Stephanie at SWFA two days ago and she assured me that they were in fact getting the scopes in and I was on the list to get one. When I asked her where they were coming from, insisted that SWFA was getting them from Nikon USA. I explained that we had already talked to Nikon and that under no uncertain terms that they were NOT getting them from Nikon, as there were no more to be had from Nikon, and she got a little upset. She then said that she knew that they were getting them, and that was all she could say about it. I'll defer to WGM to continue this thread with the following conversation he had with Chris Farris on this subject...
Posted By: 65BR Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/06/08
Been following thread, hope for Chris/SWFA they make good on promises, but would hate to be in their shoes if they do not. Either way must create some distention with customers.......Understand the frustration and wish you all the best outcome.
Posted By: WGM Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/06/08
The long and short of it is this ...

Jamison called me to tell me about his SWFA phone conversation. I then sent a lengthy PM to Chris Farris on his Optics Talk forum, describing Jamison's phone call in detail, and asking him to please explain what in the world is actually going on. He simply replied saying "They are on their way to us yes. I am not sure at all where they are but I do know that we will get them!"

I then responded to him, asking how he could not know - especially with all the 'drama' that's been going on with this situation. I also told him (again) that I'd personally spoken with Nikon USA, and that they'd told me that SWFA is NOT getting the scopes from them. I asked him again, to please give me a straight answer regarding what is going on with these scopes, why Nikon is saying they are not supplying them, and where they are really coming from.

Chris responded again, very shortly, with this: "Nikon USA is supplying us with these scopes."

After that, I replied to him saying that I give up on trying to figure this out, and that I guess I just have to sit on my arse and wait to see how this turns out. Chris never responded to that PM ...

At this point, I have no clue what's going on ... I have my opinions on the matter, but still am inclined to be patient, and see how this turns out...

I will say this though ... I find it very hard to imagine that SWFA had any of these scopes in stock when they went on sale for $99.00, because nobody seems to have received one yet ... and I am inclined to believe that Chris is trying to get some scopes, but at this time does not have any on the way to him ...

I hope I'm wrong about both of those opinions, but only time will tell ...
I'd wager your assertion is 100% correct!....
Posted By: miket_81 Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/06/08
I recieved my 4 scopes that I today that I recieved 25% off each!
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/06/08
miket;

There's a reason for that......
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/06/08
WGM and Jamison, thanks for staying on this one.

Chris likely is trying hard to get these scopes, but as WGM said, they did not have them in the first place, and have no avenue of acquisition now.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/06/08
I'm ok with waiting since they are "sure" they are going to be getting the scopes.........but if they are "on the way", how long does it take for them to get there?

The rifle I order this for should arrive today. Hopefully the 6x42 will be in soon. I'm wondering how all this will turn out......

JCM
Posted By: stumpy Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/06/08
I think the new Pentax Gameseeker with a regular duplex from Doug would be a good replacement. Don't know when the new models are coming in though.

stumpy
Posted By: GregW Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/06/08
Thanks for the update fellas...
Guess I won't make me weekly call this week..
Posted By: GeoW Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/11/08
Well, I suggested they change the name of the thread after one "cheaptrick" refered to a couple of the 24hr group as having "sand in their pus... panties". I suggested that "cheaptrick" change the thread to "cheaptrick's sandy pus...". I also mentioned the fact that with friends like him, Chris Farris needed no enemys.

I was banned from the site and the forum topic on the Nikon scopes was locked, after 22 pages of post, mostly hate filled, from them... not us.

Nothing more, nothing less...

GeoW
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/11/08
Whatever..... it don't matter anyway.
The problem I have is, this isn't his first go-round with this sort of thing.....
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/11/08
I'm okay with the options from SWFA. The scope is a great deal or the 25% off will work. I would like to know the if/when because I've got a new rifle to scope, but it seems they don't know the if/when either. Seemed to me like SWFA made a mistake on the sale, but has worked hard to provide options....so I was ok with that. It really isn't a big deal to me either way......I'm just anxious to scope my rifle 5 weeks after the order.

.....then.......

I read the posts over there yesterday morning and signed on for the first time. There was a lot of stuff posted on the Nikon thread....... At any rate, I don't think I attacked to spoke ill of anyone there and if I did it was unintentional. I think I spoke well of SWFA and the things they were doing. I did try to show a little support for WGM posting. Long story short....I'll not post there again. I want nothing to do with supporting that forum, which buying from SWFA would seem to do. I'll work with SWFA to finish this deal and then I will never bother them with an order again.

JCM
I've ordered lots of stuff on blowout discount deals, discontinued models, etc. Lots of times the deal didn't pan out, usually for lack of availability. Sales like that get a lot more exposure, a lot more quickly, on the 'net these days.

Can't say I ever got this worked up over not getting a deal that most likely fell into the 'too good to be true' category to start with.

I haven't bought anything from Chris for a while, but I wouldn't hesitate to do so again. Were I him, there's a few people on this thread I wouldn't want to sell anything to.

If you think Chris was purposely trying to screw you, then I suggest you not do business with him again.

If you're looking for 'warm and fuzzy', get a puppy....
Posted By: miket_81 Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/12/08
miket;

There's a reason for that......

What do you mean my that?
Posted By: GeoW Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/12/08
"This thread will not be locked at this point. We are still informing the community and want to hear what they have to say. Locking this thread will serve no purpose. We plan to stand face to face and resolve whatever problems there are. There will be no closing of any doors at this point. We want to hear what our customers have to say!!!!! We value your opinions positive or negative. Because with your opinions lets us know how to fix problems and grow and become stronger as individuals and as a company. A company is nothing without valued customers!"

This was Chris Farris II post early on. One would think that now the thread is locked that all was settled.

Anyone get satisfaction? Anyone wind up with a Nikon?

Thought I was a valued customer but I was banned from the forum. Geeesh...

GeoW
Posted By: dubePA Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/14/08
Interesting thread. Makes me feel warm all over that I generally just buy scopes at my favorite gunshop, when they have the little 10% Off All Optics sign in the optics case, or occasionally run specials on discontinued models in stock.

Recall a discussion at Shooters.com some years ago, when posters were badmouthing Trashcos and the SWFA guy (Chris?) posted that they didn't carry such junk, except for the SS model. I looked at their website, discovered that they indeed listed most of the then-current Trashco line. Riled him up when I mentioned that, don't think he ever responded to me after that. No problem, I get that alot. ;o)

After 60-some years on the planet, that bromide "If something sounds too good to be true..." still seems about right.
It's now the end of March - someone should have gotten one of these that Chris said would be here by the end of Febuary! Anyone???? I haven't heard of any successes yet.

HH
Just another great reason to buy Leupold. With their fixed pricing one doesn't have to look for "deals". That allows one to do business with only the reputable companies and forget "questionable" outfits like SWFA.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/28/08
Originally Posted by huntinhard
It's now the end of March - someone should have gotten one of these that Chris said would be here by the end of Febuary! Anyone???? I haven't heard of any successes yet.

HH

I spoke with David from SWFA on 3/18. He told me he had an email from Nikon from 10 days ago (3/8) that said the scopes would be shipping from Nikon in 2 weeks....which would have been 3/22.....6 days ago.

I haven't called or emailed this week. Don't know the status now.

JCM
Posted By: GregW Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/28/08
Funny this goes to the top again...

I talked to Chris yesterday and asked him a status. He gave the same old story, a few weeks. I told him one of his guys told me last week that last Friday, a week ago, they'd be there. Chris said his guy was full of crap and didn't know anything...

So, I got the same 2 weeks or so story again as I told him I have been given this story for the last month or so. I asked him if it was safe to assume that they weren't planning on getting any of these in. He was silent.

I'll call in another week and this time I won't beat around the bush. This is a small thing, but at the same time I will follow through to see how they handle this as I buy a lot of gear.

I am not upset at all about this, and whether or not is was their mistake it putting up the ad, they should give a straight up answer to those who are waiting. I'll take a "we've never had them to begin with" or a "blame Nikon" story. I really don't care....

Anyway, I'm off to kill some animals this weekend and will do so with my Leupolds. Should have never screwed with this whole ordeal....grin...

Ya'll have a good one....

Posted By: cooperfan Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/28/08
Originally Posted by Brother Dave
I've ordered lots of stuff on blowout discount deals, discontinued models, etc. Lots of times the deal didn't pan out, usually for lack of availability. Sales like that get a lot more exposure, a lot more quickly, on the 'net these days.

Can't say I ever got this worked up over not getting a deal that most likely fell into the 'too good to be true' category to start with.

I haven't bought anything from Chris for a while, but I wouldn't hesitate to do so again. Were I him, there's a few people on this thread I wouldn't want to sell anything to.

If you think Chris was purposely trying to screw you, then I suggest you not do business with him again.

If you're looking for 'warm and fuzzy', get a puppy....

I agree 100%. You guys have spent way too much time on this to save $100.00. You must have a lot of time on your hands. Get over it already.
Posted By: tgrif Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/28/08
I was told one time that SWFA sells a lot of refurbs and 2nds. Don't know that to be true but I don't buy from them.
Posted By: WGM Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/28/08
I just got an email from SWFA giving me confirmation of my order. It would appear that SWFA received at least a few of them and is starting to ship them out ...
Posted By: EZEARL Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/28/08
Their going above and beyond! Thanks for sharing WGM.

til later
Posted By: kk alaska Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/28/08
I just got confirmation that my order is being shipped also.
Ordered Feb 1 9 PM
Posted By: AFTERUM Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/28/08
Originally Posted by WGM
I just got an email from SWFA giving me confirmation of my order. It would appear that SWFA received at least a few of them and is starting to ship them out ...

Me too! I hope this means they are shipping them now....
Posted By: CURLY Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/28/08
Received my confirmation e-mail also.
Posted By: boatammo Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/28/08
Received mine also
Posted By: GeoW Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/28/08
Mine too
I asked via email when they would ship and they emailed back that the scope will ship today......really didn't expect to ever see it...
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/28/08
Got the email as well and an email with shipping info. Good to know. I'm glad they were able to get them in.

I should have waited another week instead of putting the 2.5-8 on the 223AI.........oh well, simple change.
I decided to wait this out to see what would happen. I phoned every several weeks to see the status. I phoned yesterday and Chris to me that they were coming in today. Called today and they did come in. I called back and got a tracking number and also confirmed that they did hit my credit card with the bill. I also called UPS and something is coming my way.........looks like they made good!!!
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/28/08
WOW!

I am sincerely impressed by Chris Farris. That deal went way, way, WAY above and beyond.

I apologize to him for the derogatory comments I've made prior on this deal.

Helluva effort on this part to make this one right.
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/28/08
BTW - if any of you fellas decide you don't want that 6x42, let me know.......
I didn't get a confirmation email.....Oh Yeah I didn't order one, never mind
Posted By: GeoW Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/28/08
I got some business to take care of over at the SWFA forum...
I even have a ups tracking number....
Posted By: GeoW Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/29/08
Originally Posted by GeoW
I got some business to take care of over at the SWFA forum...

I'm still banned. Hope Chris gets my email...
What did they charge you fella's?

Dave
What did they charge you fella's?

Dave

Mine with shipping was $109 with change!!!
Posted By: WGM Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/29/08
The scope is $99.99, and shipping is $10.00 ...

$109.99 to my door ...
Posted By: JimD Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/29/08
Mine is on the way as well.

Jim
Posted By: Jamison Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/29/08
Ditto-- $127.99 with the BC Caps and shipping...
yup ... after getting my 'confirmation' email, I emailed the guy back asking if there was anything I needed to do to secure my order, etc... he replied that nothing like that was necessary, and that my scope was shipping today ... I've already got the UPS tracking number email too ...

I don't know how many scopes SWFA got, but I know I'm getting mine ... which don't suck ... (grin)
Posted By: cooperfan Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/29/08
Originally Posted by WGM
shipping is $10.000

I know you guys aren't going to settle for this?

Here we go again.
I know you're kidding ... but you do realize that nobody was ever upset because they might have missed out on a good deal ... it was the confusion, misinformation, and lack of information surrounding the deal that got everyone all hot and bothered ...

Chris Farris has cleared that up, as best he could, and he got a shipment of scopes in to fill the orders, or at least as many as he can within reason ...
Posted By: cooperfan Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/29/08
I'm just glad SWFA came through. 28 pages of bitching is a little excessive. I'm glad I got my scopes as well though. Enough said.

Coop
Got my tracking info and the scope will be at my doorstep this Tuesday. I ordered mine on Feb. 2nd, so must have been in line early enough for them to fulfill the order.

Others have received the 25% off offer, which I would have been happy with as a second choice.

Anyone can ( and will ) make a mistake. It's how it is handled that seperates the good from the others.
Posted By: Jamison Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/30/08
It's weird that they charged my card, but the transaction is still pending, and I haven't gotten the tracking number email yat... I'll call in the morning and see what the hold up is...
Posted By: Lslite Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/31/08
My matt finish 4x was delivered this afternoon.Anyone else ?
Posted By: WGM Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 03/31/08
I've been in PA for the last two days, but amheading home to LA right now ... Plane just landed in ATL, GA so I won't be home until late this evening ...

My scope is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, but who knows, it might have shown up today ...

Guess I'll find out later tonight ... Not that it matters because I've got so much work to do in the next few weeks that I don't know if/when I'll be out shooting again ...
Posted By: Jamison Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 04/01/08
Mines on the way now...
Posted By: stumpy Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 04/01/08
Got mine yesterday. Just as ordered.

stumpy
Posted By: Jamison Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 04/01/08
Made it today--as ordered with Butler Creek caps.
Posted By: Westman Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 04/01/08
My 6X showed up today.

Posted By: VAnimrod Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 04/01/08
As stated previously, should any of you fellas decide to sell it, let me know....

I had intended on running one side-by-side with an FX-III and a SIIB (among others). Would still prefer to do so.
Posted By: WGM Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 04/01/08
Sean ... I had told you, if you wanted to use mine for testing, just say so ... I won't even unpack it when it gets here ... I'll just throw a new label on the box and head it your way ...

just remember ... you break it, you buy it ... (grin)
If you send it, consider it broke...... wink
Posted By: RickyD Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 04/01/08
I just got one and they told me they couldn't find my order back when this thing started. They told me I wouldn't be getting one for sure. I wrote the whole deal off as an "oh, well".

That, after I bought a used one out of the classifieds for $110.00. Now I have two. This is kinda like Christmas.

Not a bad little scope for the money even if it is made in the Philippines. When it gets a little darker out, I'll take it and see what I think then.

Well, if you want to part with one......
If I do, you'll get first shot. Kinda doubting it now, though. Not often I get a chance to tell Mama it looks like the Lord wants me to buy another rifle! grin
Anybody weight their's yet? They's dainty little things!
Posted By: WGM Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 04/02/08
Mine arrived this afternoon ... overall, it looks very nice ... eyebox is not as "free" as the Leupy, but it's damn big overall, and easy to get behind. What's even cooler, is that it comes standard with low-profile target turrets with screw-on caps ... here's a couple of pics for those who don't have one or haven't seen them ...

turret/adjustment caps on:

[Linked Image]

turret/adjustment caps off:

[Linked Image]

Can't know what it weighs, but the view is nice, and everything seems good ... we'll see how it does when it's put on top of my muzzle loader and punished for a while ... (grin)
Hmmm ... ordered mine on 2-1-08 ... haven't heard boo since getting tarred n feathered on opticstalk ...

I'll have to call 'em tomorrow.

'course I'm just happy you guys got your scopes.

Karma repaid me with my Cabelas Alaskan Guide glich in the meantime.

So we'll all see ...

Cheers!

GE
Originally Posted by Gaviidae_Esq
Hmmm ... ordered mine on 2-1-08 ... haven't heard boo since getting tarred n feathered on opticstalk ...

I'll have to call 'em tomorrow.

'course I'm just happy you guys got your scopes.

Karma repaid me with my Cabelas Alaskan Guide glich in the meantime.

So we'll all see ...

Cheers!

GE

Well, I have two of them coming, should be here tomorrow. I ordered on 2/2, so I'd definitely call....

I bought a third 6x42 shortly before this fiasco began, out of the classifieds here. It arrived shortly after the hullaballoo began. It was intended for a Ruger 77 in .270 that I'd also bought out of the classifieds here. Damn thing must have LOW rings, because the Nikon's objective contacts the barrel. Not gonna work for my needs. I may just turn around and see what kinda funds I can rake in off EBAY with the two I have enroute.

Kaiser Norton
Posted By: EZEARL Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 04/02/08
KN,now right there is one of the reasons I don't like my Ruger. There aren't enough after market rings for the darn things. With built in bases it seems you have to match the scope to the rifle.

til later
Posted By: skamaniac Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 04/02/08
My Monarch was delivered today missing a dust cover for the elevation turret. Called Nikon right away and they said they would mail one out immediately. I'll let you know how there customer service is when i get it, if i get it.
Posted By: WGM Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 04/02/08
I've heard enough on both sides of the customer service issues from Nikon ... I want to say that I've heard more good than bad, but what I have heard about the 'bad' is that if/when they don't feel they need to help you out, you play hell getting them to do what they are supposed to do ...

but I'd be willing to bet that you'll have no issues. I've never had to use Nikon's customer service because I had a scope that needed repair ... but I did almost buy a scope from a guy a while back ... had it in my hands, and saw some things I was not happy with - so before I bought it (or didn't buy it), I called Nikon and asked them about the issues, and how they'd be covered via warranty, if at all ... They were more than pleasurable to speak with, and I got the feeling they were more than willing to do what was necessary to stand behind their warranty, and help make me a satisfied customer.

Of course, I didn't end up buying the scope, but that was more an issue of the guy selling it, than anything to do with Nikon ...

Long story short, I'd be sorely surprised if you didn't get your dust cover post haste ...
EZEarl
On more than one occasion Ruger has replaced their rings with higher ones to clear a bigger scope. They did it fast and free.
art
Posted By: EZEARL Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 04/02/08
Art,thanks for the info but I've got a 2.5x20 Weaver on my daughters .243 Ruger UL carbine now so I don't need to change them. But it SURE sounds like KN does!

til later
Posted By: Ebby Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 04/02/08
Got mine today.
Lee
Posted By: skamaniac Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 04/02/08
Got both dust covers? smile
Contacted SWFA today. To the point, my scope has now been shipped.

Glitch was CC expired between order placement and availability to ship. (The fact that I had updated CC info on their database in the meantime and they tried submitting the expired CC without contacting me and asking for a valid number OR looking into the customer database where I *had* already updated the info really matters not at this point.)

Pros: Good price. Did best to "make right".

Cons: Computerized inventory and ordering system deficient, Poor customer information management. Company could have avoided SNAFU on many levels. Bumbling comes to mind.

I wish them the best and hope their practices improve and bring them much prosperity. Then again, if there is no such thing as bad press, they have their name all over this thread for the googlers ...

GE
I got my scopes on today's UPS. I'll do business with them again---CB
anyone wanna trade their 6x42 for a 4x40?

Dave
Posted By: 78CJ Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 04/03/08
Got mine yesterday.
Mine made it today!!!
Posted By: medic52 Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 04/04/08
This whole thing was PATHETIC........
Posted By: DSC Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 04/04/08
I can't believe it! They sent an email this morning that said I should have one by UPS this afternoon...

I never contacted them. I just forgot about it. I would have thought that I ordered too late to make the list. What do you know...
I just got my two yesterday. Not sure where they got them from, or how much arm-twisting they did to get them, but glad they were able to come through.

Kaiser Norton
Originally Posted by medic52
This whole thing was PATHETIC........

Maybe so.............to wait 2 mos. for a $250 scope for $99 was well worth it!!!
Posted By: DSC Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 04/05/08
Uh... fellas... the scope that they sent me is an air gun scope with the paralax set at 30 yards. Is that what you all got?
Posted By: Jamison Re: $100 6x42 Nikon Monarchs - 04/05/08
nope
Originally Posted by DSC
Uh... fellas... the scope that they sent me is an air gun scope with the paralax set at 30 yards. Is that what you all got?

Dang, now you need an air gun.
Well, mine arrived Monday. Nice glass.

Will give it to Big Drift's 11 yr old daughter for her Bob -conditioned on her passing hunter safety and a reasonable skills test (using handloads made WITH her father) by Labor Day weekend.

GE

© 24hourcampfire