Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I just got an email that said my order was going to be filled.

Plan on trying this scope on my .260.

stumpy

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Good for you! Glad someone will get one. Hope many more do too.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
supposedly, 30 people will be getting scopes, as SWFA has stated a few different times that they are receiving 30 of them (matte finish/nikoplex reticle) ... can't know if they are all campfire members, but regardless, there are quite a few from this board that ordered one ...

so we'll see how it turns out ...

-WGM-
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by stumpy
I just got an email that said my order was going to be filled.

Plan on trying this scope on my .260.

stumpy

For clarification.....did they say the order was being filled now (as in, they had recieved the scopes), or that it would be filled WHEN they recieved the scopes?

I was told last week my order was early enough I would recieve a scope......thus my question. Thanks stumpy,

JCM

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I ordered late Saturday night on the 2nd, and when I called Monday, the 11th, I was told I did not make the cut.

I asked about the rumored 25% discount for the snafu, and the customer service rep said to wait for a call from them in the next couple of weeks?

I don't mind the wait but am puzzled as to why. Apparently they know who is lucky enough to get their order filled. Those of us who did not make the cust should be able to be notified by phone, or e-mail as to what, if anything, the company will offer as a consolation for the order snafu?

Has anybody else gotten a solid answer about the 25% discount, or is that optimistic speculation.

Thanks,
Curly

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
"We will be getting enough from Nikon to fill our back orders."

I hope it happens, but if it doesn't, I haven't lost anything but some planning.

stumpy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I haven't received a backorder notice, nor an offer of a 25% discount on substitute merchandise.

I sent an email the other day requesting clarification of the status of my order...no reply yet.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by stumpy
"We will be getting enough from Nikon to fill our back orders."

Funny....... Nikon says it ain't coming from them.......

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you don't have to tell me ... I'm the one that talked with Nikon myself about the 'supply' of scopes ...

but, in an effort to be totally objective and honest, here is what Nikon told me when I talked with them ... to paraphrase:

"We have long since shipped out all of our supply/inventory of the 'older style' Monarch 6x42 and 4x40 scopes. But, we are not the sole 'supplier' of these to the dealers, as there are other sources that may very well still have some in stock, and be able to supply SWFA with some to help fill their orders."

So, SWFA might not have literally meant that they were receiving them from Nikon USA ... they may have just chosen their words poorly - and instead could have just said "One of our suppliers has some, and will be sending enough to fill our back orders." ...

like I keep saying ... we'll see ...

-WGM-
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Just got an email from another gentleman I had been conversing with via email. He returned an email I sent 8 days ago. On the phone last week another gentleman said I would be getting the scope when they came in (sometime this week) since I was one of the "lucky 30". This gentleman via email today said they do not know when or if they are getting any more of them in...

They really need to get their crap straight. I don't care if I get one or not at this point, they just need to communicate internally and get it straightened out and keep giving their customers a runaround.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B3

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I agree!

I would just like to know either way. Even if they get the scopes from another supplier, an answer would be helpful.

I also gave them my credit card which was a debit to my checking account, and the money was taken.

Still no correspondance either by e-mail or phone.

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just spoke with Chris Farris again, via PM on his message board. He told me that the email that Gmoney got was from someone who was on vacation all last week, and was not fully up to speed on this particular situation.

Here's Chris' response to me regarding the situation:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Edgar (the guy that sent that email) has no clue about this whole ordeal he was on vacation last week. I will further explain this to Edgar. We are gettting these, If you want to call me I will further explain it is a pretty long story. We are receiving them around the end of February.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, there you have it ...

-WGM-
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Hate to say it, but you guys are a lot more willing to put up with a bunch of B.S. to save few bucks than I am. What's that old saying about a hand in the bush is better than,......oh, never mind!....

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Daryll ... I agree, but in this case, I'm not personally being held hostage in any way ... I don't have a project in the works that requires this scope, nor do I have any lonely rifles waiting for this scope. My credit card has not been charged, and won't be until the scope has shipped ...

I'm not saying that makes it right, or wrong for that matter ... and I would be rather peeved were I being 'held up' ...

So far, despite the mix-up with the advertisement on their website and lack of stock to fill orders, it does appear that Chris is working to get things straightened out ... The other thing Chris seems to need to concentrate on, is getting his employees on the same page - aka: communication within the company ...

-WGM-
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Hate to say it, but you guys are a lot more willing to put up with a bunch of B.S. to save few bucks than I am. What's that old saying about a hand in the bush is better than,......oh, never mind!....

So what...........you order one if it comes in great..........if it doesn't move on!!!

This scope is worth it for $100!!!

If you are on this site chances are that you aleady have a scope to use in its place!!!

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I simply don't have the patience or tolerance for it. I'd rather spend a few more bucks and know I'm getting what I want, when I want it, rather than being dicked around by a half-@$$ed company making all kinds of excuses and promises. Hope it works out for you guys, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I simply don't have the patience or tolerance for it. I'd rather spend a few more bucks and know I'm getting what I want, when I want it, rather than being dicked around by a half-@$$ed company making all kinds of excuses and promises.

Your choice..........can't argue with that!!!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Ordered a Leupold FXII 6x36 from SWFA to redeem the credit (25% off any scope up to $399.00) offered to those that ordered the $99.00 6x42 Nikons but were not near enough to the top of the waiting list to buy one. Bummer that the Leupold is on back order until the 28th. Sweet that the discounted price will be $209.99. Bummer that the "free gift" normally included with this scope, if purchased at the full price, won't be included. I guess that makes me one of those that has more "patience and tolerance" than money.

Last edited by carbon12; 02/14/08. Reason: tpyo(grin)
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Carbon12,

Did SWFA contact you, or did you contact them?

I was told to wait a couple of weeks. Not sure if I am close enough to the top of the list to maybe get one, but I have not heard either way.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Curly,

I initially contacted Stephanie at SWFA. She offered me the 25% discount after determining where I would have been on the wait list. After the phone conversation, I received an email from her informing me of the same. If you look for my post above, I noted when I placed my order. If you ordered a matte finish scope after me, then you might be too far down the list for a matte finished Nikon. If you ordered a gloss finish, then your place on the wait list might be different.

Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 69 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,701
Posts18,513,801
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.