-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Interesting thread. Makes me feel warm all over that I generally just buy scopes at my favorite gunshop, when they have the little 10% Off All Optics sign in the optics case, or occasionally run specials on discontinued models in stock.

Recall a discussion at Shooters.com some years ago, when posters were badmouthing Trashcos and the SWFA guy (Chris?) posted that they didn't carry such junk, except for the SS model. I looked at their website, discovered that they indeed listed most of the then-current Trashco line. Riled him up when I mentioned that, don't think he ever responded to me after that. No problem, I get that alot. ;o)

After 60-some years on the planet, that bromide "If something sounds too good to be true..." still seems about right.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
GB1

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
It's now the end of March - someone should have gotten one of these that Chris said would be here by the end of Febuary! Anyone???? I haven't heard of any successes yet.

HH

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Just another great reason to buy Leupold. With their fixed pricing one doesn't have to look for "deals". That allows one to do business with only the reputable companies and forget "questionable" outfits like SWFA.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by huntinhard
It's now the end of March - someone should have gotten one of these that Chris said would be here by the end of Febuary! Anyone???? I haven't heard of any successes yet.

HH

I spoke with David from SWFA on 3/18. He told me he had an email from Nikon from 10 days ago (3/8) that said the scopes would be shipping from Nikon in 2 weeks....which would have been 3/22.....6 days ago.

I haven't called or emailed this week. Don't know the status now.

JCM

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Funny this goes to the top again...

I talked to Chris yesterday and asked him a status. He gave the same old story, a few weeks. I told him one of his guys told me last week that last Friday, a week ago, they'd be there. Chris said his guy was full of crap and didn't know anything...

So, I got the same 2 weeks or so story again as I told him I have been given this story for the last month or so. I asked him if it was safe to assume that they weren't planning on getting any of these in. He was silent.

I'll call in another week and this time I won't beat around the bush. This is a small thing, but at the same time I will follow through to see how they handle this as I buy a lot of gear.

I am not upset at all about this, and whether or not is was their mistake it putting up the ad, they should give a straight up answer to those who are waiting. I'll take a "we've never had them to begin with" or a "blame Nikon" story. I really don't care....

Anyway, I'm off to kill some animals this weekend and will do so with my Leupolds. Should have never screwed with this whole ordeal....grin...

Ya'll have a good one....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Brother Dave
I've ordered lots of stuff on blowout discount deals, discontinued models, etc. Lots of times the deal didn't pan out, usually for lack of availability. Sales like that get a lot more exposure, a lot more quickly, on the 'net these days.

Can't say I ever got this worked up over not getting a deal that most likely fell into the 'too good to be true' category to start with.

I haven't bought anything from Chris for a while, but I wouldn't hesitate to do so again. Were I him, there's a few people on this thread I wouldn't want to sell anything to.

If you think Chris was purposely trying to screw you, then I suggest you not do business with him again.

If you're looking for 'warm and fuzzy', get a puppy....

I agree 100%. You guys have spent way too much time on this to save $100.00. You must have a lot of time on your hands. Get over it already.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I was told one time that SWFA sells a lot of refurbs and 2nds. Don't know that to be true but I don't buy from them.

Retired U.S. Army
LM-NRA,GOA,& MOAA.

Someone said, "Don't mess with old men, especially those who are veterans!!!
They'll not fight you, they'll kill you"!!!

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just got an email from SWFA giving me confirmation of my order. It would appear that SWFA received at least a few of them and is starting to ship them out ...

-WGM-
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Their going above and beyond! Thanks for sharing WGM.

til later

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I just got confirmation that my order is being shipped also.
Ordered Feb 1 9 PM

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by WGM
I just got an email from SWFA giving me confirmation of my order. It would appear that SWFA received at least a few of them and is starting to ship them out ...

Me too! I hope this means they are shipping them now....

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Received my confirmation e-mail also.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Received mine also

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mine too

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I asked via email when they would ship and they emailed back that the scope will ship today......really didn't expect to ever see it...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Got the email as well and an email with shipping info. Good to know. I'm glad they were able to get them in.

I should have waited another week instead of putting the 2.5-8 on the 223AI.........oh well, simple change.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I decided to wait this out to see what would happen. I phoned every several weeks to see the status. I phoned yesterday and Chris to me that they were coming in today. Called today and they did come in. I called back and got a tracking number and also confirmed that they did hit my credit card with the bill. I also called UPS and something is coming my way.........looks like they made good!!!

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
WOW!

I am sincerely impressed by Chris Farris. That deal went way, way, WAY above and beyond.

I apologize to him for the derogatory comments I've made prior on this deal.

Helluva effort on this part to make this one right.

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
BTW - if any of you fellas decide you don't want that 6x42, let me know.......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't get a confirmation email.....Oh Yeah I didn't order one, never mind

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,699
Posts18,513,711
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.