Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I just recieved an email notifying me that my scopes are on back order. After just one phone call I have determined that SWFA will not get my attention ever again. It's a very poor business practice to knowingly list back ordered items for sale as if the items are in stock. The associate made no attempt to keep my business or find an alternative solution. She didn't even say "I'm sorry." I'll have more fun spending my money elsewhere instead of waiting for the honyacks to fill a back order.

This is God's universe, and he has a plan. You might think that you have aa better plan, but you don't have a universe.
GB1

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just responded to my email from David at SWFA ... I had a few questions for him, but will admit that I was very polite about everything I asked. I'm extremely curious to see how he/they will respond, and what type of attitude will be conveyed about this situation.

If/when they respond, I will consider posting my original email to them, as well as their response.

-WGM-
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
WGM,

I got the exact same email you did 5 minutes ago as well. If you've already sent some questions to them I will not waste my time. Please let us know when you get a response or via PM if you wish...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I sure hope these guys man up and come through. I put a close friend onto this deal and he ordered two of them.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
SWFA has always been right on deals for me over the years....

I"m not sure how all this happened, but personally I know how it goes... I buy components for competitive shooters, and offer them a deal as we buy bulk... But sometimes it takes months to get stuff in and this year stuff has been so stupid, its gone up 2-3 times before it comes in.... No one is going to loose money. I'm not. Its just one of those things... I'll offer it to you at a good deal, but if when it comes in its gone up, sorry, I"m not making much if any and I'm sure not going to loose any...

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jeff ...

SWFA really has no leg to stand on here. They did not offer the 4x or 6x scopes with a 'projected price, if we can get them' ... they show them for sale at $99.00 plus shipping, and fully processed all our orders. That is the price they are bound to, period.

IF this was a mistake, and the price was set way too low so that they would lose a lot of money on this 'sale', the ONLY thing I can think of that might save them is if they are never able to get any of these scopes in stock...

-WGM-
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I got the same e-mail as well. The way this is going, I wonder if there is really anybody there named David.

Isn't this what they call a "bait and switch"? smirk

Steve

Last edited by Wally; 02/04/08.
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Hey Rich(rahtreelimbs)sorry to have to say you were right,but,by GOD, you were dead on. Hope you get things straightened out with no problems.

til later

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by EZEARL
Hey Rich(rahtreelimbs)sorry to have to say you were right,but,by GOD, you were dead on. Hope you get things straightened out with no problems.

til later

I cancelled my order.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I'm glad I checked this thread before I placed my order - was just about to pull the trigger. Do they believe another shipment is coming in?

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Got the same email.....had a 6x42 and a Prostaff Rimfire 4x32 that I ordered at the same time. I didn't think they would have any of the Monarch's (just a gut feeling based on previous experience), but the email said both were on backorder........ I thought they'd at least have the rimfire scope.

JCM

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I doubt I'll ever (we'll ever) know for sure what is actually happening right now ... Is it a 'bait and switch', webmaster error in posting such a discounted price on an out-of-stock item, or simply bad business in advertising something that's not in stock with no real knowledge of when said items should be in stock (if ever) ...

I've dealt with SWFA in the past, and always had positive experiences ... but this one obviously is different ...

-WGM-
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
We regret to inform you that the following merchandise is currently back ordered:

Item Qty Qty Qty Expected
Number Description Ord. Shp. Bck. By
---------- ------------------------------ -------- -------- -------- --------
6506 *Nikon 6x42 Monarch UCC Rifles 1.00 0.00 1.00
cope
Gloss, Nikoplex

My E mail reply & I ordered early, (sounded to good to be true)
was pleased with the shipping quote. $10 to 99577 USPS Priority.

Ordered a scope with Natchez , shipping same carrier, scope same weight. USPS Priority was $20.98 to 99577 ?

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got the same e-mail from David that you guys got. I am going to call them in the morning.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've had problems with the SWFA price match thing. I tried to get them to price match a scope I was buying and when they saw the competitors price they went to talk to a manager and came back and told me they were out of stock of the one I wanted and could not match it. It seemed like it was in stock before I asked for a price match.

I also tried to recently get them to price match a new style monarch and they said they could not go below MAP pricing because of "an agreement" with Nikon. I thought price fixing agreements were against anti-trust laws.

I personally stay away from SWFA anymore.

Last edited by Burleyboy; 02/04/08.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
like I said, good luck guys! Everything you are all reporting is exactly the same! I received the same exact answers and left my order open for a long time hoping to receive one of the previously discontinued variable scopes in the 3x9 version last year but the factory never shipped enough to fill my order if any. They had no problem cancelling it 6 months or so later and I was never charged (I don't think they are trying to rip any one off - just making it look like they have great deals which few if any ever get.) The backordered, discontinued scope never materialized even though the internet took my order. Maybe a couple of the first orders will get filled if the factory has any left to ship, but somehow I think they know there are none left when they mark them down to the low, low price hoping some will get discouraged waiting and order a different model. I talked to David and others regularly at SWFA and the factory never shipped any more scopes to fill my order for the 3x9 monarch UCC for like around $180 which I finally cancelled.

HH

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I received the same email as the rest of you. They should have noted that the offer is "limited to quantities on hand" or somesuch.

I'm really not steamed about it, as I figured that was what it was about ( the scope is not listed on Nikon's site). Still would hope to get one, but am not holding my breath.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Borealis Bob
I received the same email as the rest of you. They should have noted that the offer is "limited to quantities on hand" or somesuch.

I'm really not steamed about it, as I figured that was what it was about ( the scope is not listed on Nikon's site). Still would hope to get one, but am not holding my breath.

Well, I am a bit cheesed about it ( I ordered two 6x42s). As you say, there should be some sort of note regarding quantities in stock, etc. They've had a full day to "fix" this problem of theirs, and a person can still order one if they like (just tried it, their site took me all the way to the "submit order" screen without so much as a quibble). I sent "Dave" a reply that they can send me a FXIII 6x42 in place of the two Nikons I ordered - for the same price.

And I'll let them keep the lenspen, too!

Kaiser Norton

Last edited by Kaiser Norton; 02/04/08.

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
It really makes me wonder..........this website has members that are the epitome of hunters/shooters etc. One would think SWFA would watch and cater ( just a little ) to us.

I guess I am asking too much.........

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm not worried about the scope either, hell I don't even have a spare gun around to out it on...

It's a matter of principal and I'm not gonna fold up and let them have their way. I'll hound and pester till they give me a logical conclusion or they honor their "promise"...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

662 members (06hunter59, 007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 3,174 guests, and 1,378 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,746
Posts18,514,577
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.