Hop To
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Fellas...
Thanks for the efforts.

Please let me know what ya'll find out and let me know if anymore inquiries need to be made other than the ones I made yesterday...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
GB1

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Well, ya gotta love this....

As of 5 minutes ago, SWFA now says that the Nikon Monarch 6x42 is "discontinued and no longer available".

Funny, Cabelas still has them in stock.....

Yep, I'm still thinkin' "bait-and-switch"....

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
They've totally taken the 6x42's off their site now...

- Greg

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
What a coincidence! smirk

I wonder what the folks at Nikon will say to them. I know SWFA is a big Nikon dealer.

Steve

Last edited by Wally; 02/05/08.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
OK guys, What is the plan now ...

They made an Offer (6x42 Monarch for $99.99 plus $10.00 shipping).

I Accepted (Order Confirmation Email).

In the meantime I relied on the contract to my detriment. (Moved the sighted in 3-12 SII off my M70 FWT Swede and installed and sighted in on the new M5 Remington).

SWFA breached. (Email "oh so sorry ...").

GE awaits marching orders.

(Not licensed in TX)

GE

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I didn't get in on this as I suspected that this exact situation was going to happen and just couldn't muster the energy in anticipation of the frustration. smile I wouldn't base perspectives of Nikon and their customer service on SWFA's poor performance. I've had and still have several Nikons and they have all been great. In the couple of occasions where I've had to deal with their customer service it's also been fantastic. They definitely stand behind their product from my experience and are fairly open in how they deal with folks. I hope you fellas get this worked out, but don't hold Nikon accountable for SWFA's BS.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
As I already stated, I have a much better feeling about Nikon's CS after my conversation with Ed. I also think Nikon needs to be aware of the situation. I know if I were in Nikon's shoes, I wouldn't want a dealer pulling this crap while representing my products.

Steve

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I think the world of Nikon as well, but letting them know about this is important because they wield the "big stick" when it comes to SWFA.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
VA,

Where did you find the 6x42 on Cabela's site? I only found the 4x listed, and it said they were sold out. At least they tell ya!

I did notice they had some of the 2x7's in the Bargain Cave.

Steve

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
OK, so I've taken it to SWFA's pet board "opticstalk dot com"

Anybody care to join me?

GE

(On Pro-Bono Campfire day ...)

IC B3

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Hmmmmmm......

Curious......

Nikon no longer lists the 6x42 on their corporate site any longer.

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just spoke with Myron at Nikon ... He said Nikon USA has moved all their inventory of the 6x42s and 4x40s to their distributors and has no more - I.e. SWFA isn't getting anymore of these scopes from Nikon ... IF the are getting more its from somewhere else ...

Myron said he's familiar with SWFA and will be looking into this ...

Anyone have SWFAs phone number handy? I want to call them but am driving to houston right now and can't look it up ...

-WGM-
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Sorry you have to come to this city WGM...

Business Hours: Monday thru Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.

Mailing & Shipping Address: 420 Century Way, #100
Red Oak, TX, 75154
Phone Number: (972) SCOPE-IT (726-7348)
Fax Number: (972) 617-1647
Email:

- Greg

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
According to pyro6999 on Opticstalk, Chris Farris is the one to talk to, but he isn't expected to be back from SHOT until this afternoon or tomorrow ...

GE

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Wasn't directing my comments at anyone in particular, quick reply can be a PITA. Talked to Nikon way back when about a guy selling some beat scopes on Ebay and claiming they'd fix 'em for free. Called Nikon to verify and they were very interested and asked for a bunch of details so they could follow up. The ads had been running for a while on Ebay and they dried up in a hurry. I think it was some dealer with a bunch of damaged goods that had already been reimbursed and was trying to get a double dip. Anyway, I was real impressed with the way Nikon handled it. The guy I talked to even wanted to know if I'd been stung by the guy and if so was willing to see what he could do to make it right. Nikon might not be my first choice, but they're damned good about standing behind their product and customers from what I've seen. My bet is they'll get to the bottom of the story with SWFA post haste.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
FWIW ... I spoke to Joy at Nikon. Nice lady. Hopefully they are getting tired of these calls. Keep em coming guys ...

GE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got some sort of attention:

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?tid=9722

Chris Farris II explains as follows:

We only had a limited supply they were priced so low because they were discontinued. Which means when we run out there will be no more available. When we changed that price we did not intend on selling them that fast due to the fact we did not send out anything informing anyone about this sale. We had no clue until Monday morning becuase we were not here. I apologize about this we are looking into this as we speak. I will keep everyone posted. Again I apologize about this inconvenience. This may explain where a lot of the orders came form.

FWIW,

GE

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Gaviidae_Esq
Got some sort of attention:

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?tid=9722

Chris Farris II explains as follows:

We only had a limited supply they were priced so low because they were discontinued. Which means when we run out there will be no more available. When we changed that price we did not intend on selling them that fast due to the fact we did not send out anything informing anyone about this sale. We had no clue until Monday morning becuase we were not here. I apologize about this we are looking into this as we speak. I will keep everyone posted. Again I apologize about this inconvenience. This may explain where a lot of the orders came form.

FWIW,

GE

Didn't get there until Monday? I placed my order last week! So I guess they weren't there Thursday or Friday either.

If you can't find a way, make one!
Hannibal
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I ordered another 6X just hoping to try it on some pigs this summer. But I can't say not getting another scope is something I am going to lose sleep over.
Wish I could have tried one for that price, but it appears the only problem was the ad which should have stated
"stock on hand only".

stumpy

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Just talked to Joy at Nikon. She is a very nice lady and they do seem to be concerned about this problem. They asked that we get back with them if the problem is not resolved or if your credit card is billed. Keep the calls up ... we might get our scopes.

If you can't find a way, make one!
Hannibal
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 66 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,699
Posts18,513,696
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.