Campfire Kahuna
V
Wanna place any bets?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
LOL...

Time will tell. What kinda odds are you laying?

JCM

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Guys, I talked to Stephanie at SWFA two days ago and she assured me that they were in fact getting the scopes in and I was on the list to get one. When I asked her where they were coming from, insisted that SWFA was getting them from Nikon USA. I explained that we had already talked to Nikon and that under no uncertain terms that they were NOT getting them from Nikon, as there were no more to be had from Nikon, and she got a little upset. She then said that she knew that they were getting them, and that was all she could say about it. I'll defer to WGM to continue this thread with the following conversation he had with Chris Farris on this subject...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been following thread, hope for Chris/SWFA they make good on promises, but would hate to be in their shoes if they do not. Either way must create some distention with customers.......Understand the frustration and wish you all the best outcome.

IC B2

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The long and short of it is this ...

Jamison called me to tell me about his SWFA phone conversation. I then sent a lengthy PM to Chris Farris on his Optics Talk forum, describing Jamison's phone call in detail, and asking him to please explain what in the world is actually going on. He simply replied saying "They are on their way to us yes. I am not sure at all where they are but I do know that we will get them!"

I then responded to him, asking how he could not know - especially with all the 'drama' that's been going on with this situation. I also told him (again) that I'd personally spoken with Nikon USA, and that they'd told me that SWFA is NOT getting the scopes from them. I asked him again, to please give me a straight answer regarding what is going on with these scopes, why Nikon is saying they are not supplying them, and where they are really coming from.

Chris responded again, very shortly, with this: "Nikon USA is supplying us with these scopes."

After that, I replied to him saying that I give up on trying to figure this out, and that I guess I just have to sit on my arse and wait to see how this turns out. Chris never responded to that PM ...

At this point, I have no clue what's going on ... I have my opinions on the matter, but still am inclined to be patient, and see how this turns out...

I will say this though ... I find it very hard to imagine that SWFA had any of these scopes in stock when they went on sale for $99.00, because nobody seems to have received one yet ... and I am inclined to believe that Chris is trying to get some scopes, but at this time does not have any on the way to him ...

I hope I'm wrong about both of those opinions, but only time will tell ...

-WGM-
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I'd wager your assertion is 100% correct!....

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I recieved my 4 scopes that I today that I recieved 25% off each!

It isn't energy that kills. It's holes!
Dogzapper

A fine is a tax for doing wrong, a tax is a fine for doing well
V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
miket;

There's a reason for that......

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
WGM and Jamison, thanks for staying on this one.

Chris likely is trying hard to get these scopes, but as WGM said, they did not have them in the first place, and have no avenue of acquisition now.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm ok with waiting since they are "sure" they are going to be getting the scopes.........but if they are "on the way", how long does it take for them to get there?

The rifle I order this for should arrive today. Hopefully the 6x42 will be in soon. I'm wondering how all this will turn out......

JCM

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I think the new Pentax Gameseeker with a regular duplex from Doug would be a good replacement. Don't know when the new models are coming in though.

stumpy

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Thanks for the update fellas...
Guess I won't make me weekly call this week..

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, I suggested they change the name of the thread after one "cheaptrick" refered to a couple of the 24hr group as having "sand in their pus... panties". I suggested that "cheaptrick" change the thread to "cheaptrick's sandy pus...". I also mentioned the fact that with friends like him, Chris Farris needed no enemys.

I was banned from the site and the forum topic on the Nikon scopes was locked, after 22 pages of post, mostly hate filled, from them... not us.

Nothing more, nothing less...

GeoW

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Whatever..... it don't matter anyway.

Last edited by VAnimrod; 03/12/08. Reason: schit don't matter.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
The problem I have is, this isn't his first go-round with this sort of thing.....

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm okay with the options from SWFA. The scope is a great deal or the 25% off will work. I would like to know the if/when because I've got a new rifle to scope, but it seems they don't know the if/when either. Seemed to me like SWFA made a mistake on the sale, but has worked hard to provide options....so I was ok with that. It really isn't a big deal to me either way......I'm just anxious to scope my rifle 5 weeks after the order.

.....then.......

I read the posts over there yesterday morning and signed on for the first time. There was a lot of stuff posted on the Nikon thread....... At any rate, I don't think I attacked to spoke ill of anyone there and if I did it was unintentional. I think I spoke well of SWFA and the things they were doing. I did try to show a little support for WGM posting. Long story short....I'll not post there again. I want nothing to do with supporting that forum, which buying from SWFA would seem to do. I'll work with SWFA to finish this deal and then I will never bother them with an order again.

JCM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've ordered lots of stuff on blowout discount deals, discontinued models, etc. Lots of times the deal didn't pan out, usually for lack of availability. Sales like that get a lot more exposure, a lot more quickly, on the 'net these days.

Can't say I ever got this worked up over not getting a deal that most likely fell into the 'too good to be true' category to start with.

I haven't bought anything from Chris for a while, but I wouldn't hesitate to do so again. Were I him, there's a few people on this thread I wouldn't want to sell anything to.

If you think Chris was purposely trying to screw you, then I suggest you not do business with him again.

If you're looking for 'warm and fuzzy', get a puppy....

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
miket;

There's a reason for that......

What do you mean my that?

It isn't energy that kills. It's holes!
Dogzapper

A fine is a tax for doing wrong, a tax is a fine for doing well
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"This thread will not be locked at this point. We are still informing the community and want to hear what they have to say. Locking this thread will serve no purpose. We plan to stand face to face and resolve whatever problems there are. There will be no closing of any doors at this point. We want to hear what our customers have to say!!!!! We value your opinions positive or negative. Because with your opinions lets us know how to fix problems and grow and become stronger as individuals and as a company. A company is nothing without valued customers!"

This was Chris Farris II post early on. One would think that now the thread is locked that all was settled.

Anyone get satisfaction? Anyone wind up with a Nikon?

Thought I was a valued customer but I was banned from the forum. Geeesh...

GeoW

Last edited by GeoW; 03/12/08.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1minute, 62 invisible), 2,351 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,706
Posts18,513,867
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.