Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
340boy Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That is very true, Razkul, very true...

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Based on a short post he made on another forum it appears that Kute has decided to abandon this forum.

He feels another member here was attacked unfairly by not only some of the other members but also a couple of the mods.

While he can certainly hold his own in any discusion the impression I got from him was that he felt that the whole concept of free speech had been lost here.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Like i said earlier , think he is pissed , saw that post also.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mtn Hunter
Last I heard he was hiking the High Sierra Route , nobody has heard nor seen him since. Seems he may have underestimated the commie state!

MtnHtr

That's pretty funny, I just read an article in the latest Backpacker magazine on that route. It's pretty sick..

I too, wish Kutenay would return to the backpacking forum. While very opinionated, he's got a wealth of knowledge on the subject.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cariboo
Based on a short post he made on another forum it appears that Kute has decided to abandon this forum.

He feels another member here was attacked unfairly by not only some of the other members but also a couple of the mods.

While he can certainly hold his own in any discusion the impression I got from him was that he felt that the whole concept of free speech had been lost here.

I didn't think there were any forums left that Kutenay hadn't already been banned from other than this one.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I guess opinionated would be understated but he has shared many helpful and informative posts. Surely hope he returns to share more campfires.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by muygrande1
I guess opinionated would be understated but he has shared many helpful and informative posts. Surely hope he returns to share more campfires.

+1

Unlike many internet "experts", kutenay has "walked the walk" and he posts about hardware that he has real personal experience with.

I hope he comes back too!

John

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by martinbns

I didn't think there were any forums left that Kutenay hadn't already been banned from other than this one.

Ain't that the truth! LoL

His outspoken style coupled with unique views on world events has resulted in his being booted for various periods of time from many forums including the one I run. I do think however the only forum where he is currently banned is GunNutz.

While he and I have a few differences in opinions - that may be an understatement - we have agreed to disagree on these for the most part. With that said I do appreciate his vast knowledge on many-many subjects and I also find it very hard to not like the old bugger.

340boy Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well said, Cariboo!

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kutenay has two characteristics that I respect. He seems to be a decent human being, and he is always interesting.

I may disagree with him more than I agree with him, but that matters not at all. And I'm glad the Campfire has a big enough tent to fit all of us into.

Hope he returns soon.

Steve

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yepper, two posts "edited for racism". I have no idea as to the content, certainly what was left of those posts and the other posts of his around that didn't sound any different than usual.

I ain't gonna second-guess the moderators but I'd expect that having yer posts edited on moral grounds would get any of us PO'd right quick, enough to hit the road.

I hope he comes back, he'll be missed. OK, maybe not all that much by me personally grin, but we're all grownups here, who wants an insipid forum?

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I know the posts that were edited used the same words that got Stick banned.

Screw the Kute.......

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Pretty sure that Stick had a lot more knowledge that was of value to contribute....

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Anybody can fill in as Kute:

Packs: Mystery Ranch!
Tents: Integral Designs!
Sleeping Bags: Western Mountaineering!
Tipis: Kifaru!

Just don't list anything built offshore and it's a winner! grin

(this is all in good fun, some folks just need to laugh more!)

MtnHtr

Last edited by Mtn Hunter; 05/04/08.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
(this is all in good fun, some folks just need to laugh more!)

Can I get an AMEN!

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
AMEN!

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
what was the racist comment ?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Since I know him and would rate him as friend,I'm more than a little bias.He is outspoken but his opinions are pretty mainstream for the coming of age in the '60s, Canadian babyboomers. Mine included.This is a Yankee forum,so I will end it there.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by redmtn
what was the racist comment ?

I'm not falling for that old trick.....

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (257_X_50, 10gaugeman, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 53 invisible), 1,919 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,284
Posts18,525,668
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.