Home
Posted By: 340boy Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/03/08

I was just wondering if any of you fine fellows have heard from Kutenay.

I miss his posts in the Backpack hunting forum, and am hoping that all is well with him.

Any information is appreciated!
I think he's in China.
Posted By: 340boy Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/03/08
I can always count on you, Steely, for relevant, er, well maybe not relevant, but entertaining answers!
grin
I meant Vancouver, same diff........
probably more Chinese in Vancouver than in Shanghai.
eek
Posted By: redmtn Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/03/08
I think he is pissed to be honest .
Hopefully he will come back if that is so.
This place ain't quite as much fun without Kute around, IMO.
smile
I like Vancouver, best Chinese food outside NY I have ever had.

Thinking he might be hiking across Sibera and hoping to prove that you CAN shoot a charging bear under the chin without lying in a foxhole, but I doubt it.
Posted By: docdb Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/03/08
I sent him a PM a week ago, which hasn't been answered? I miss him too.
Don
Posted By: ULA24 Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/03/08
Heard he sold off all his model 70's and mausers, bought an A-Bolt, and moved to Kaliforny.

Say it isn't so!
Posted By: MtnHtr Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/03/08
Last I heard he was hiking the High Sierra Route , nobody has heard nor seen him since. Seems he may have underestimated the commie state!

MtnHtr
He's at fat camp.. with THIS GUY

He had a couple of posts that were edited by Rick,then nothing.

Has he been banned or is he in a self imposed exile?

Britt
Seems like he drops out of touch from time to time.

He was talking about going Grizz hunting with a pal, likely he's doing that or some other fun outdoor thing that the leisure class (retired) folks have time to do.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I think he's in China.

...... doing work promoting immigration to Canada.
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Seems like he drops out of touch from time to time.

He was talking about going Grizz hunting with a pal, likely he's doing that or some other fun outdoor thing that the leisure class (retired) folks have time to do.

I figured it had to be something like that, thanks West.
smile
Originally Posted by SuperCub
I think he's in China.

...... doing work promoting immigration to Canada.

As IF! laugh
Am thinking when you have the admin of a board personally edit your posts for racism, you aren't long for the board......
Posted By: 340boy Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/04/08
Kutenay has been most helpful to me with gear and various questions on the Backpack Hunting forum at this site, and he has always answered my PM's promptly.

I was not intending to start a bitch fest about him, I was just curious as to his status.

When you start a thread asking about a campfire member, you have to expect speculation and opinions -- particularly, when that member is so belligerently colorful. smile
That is very true, Razkul, very true...
Based on a short post he made on another forum it appears that Kute has decided to abandon this forum.

He feels another member here was attacked unfairly by not only some of the other members but also a couple of the mods.

While he can certainly hold his own in any discusion the impression I got from him was that he felt that the whole concept of free speech had been lost here.
Posted By: redmtn Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/04/08
Like i said earlier , think he is pissed , saw that post also.
Originally Posted by Mtn Hunter
Last I heard he was hiking the High Sierra Route , nobody has heard nor seen him since. Seems he may have underestimated the commie state!

MtnHtr

That's pretty funny, I just read an article in the latest Backpacker magazine on that route. It's pretty sick..

I too, wish Kutenay would return to the backpacking forum. While very opinionated, he's got a wealth of knowledge on the subject.
Originally Posted by Cariboo
Based on a short post he made on another forum it appears that Kute has decided to abandon this forum.

He feels another member here was attacked unfairly by not only some of the other members but also a couple of the mods.

While he can certainly hold his own in any discusion the impression I got from him was that he felt that the whole concept of free speech had been lost here.

I didn't think there were any forums left that Kutenay hadn't already been banned from other than this one.
I guess opinionated would be understated but he has shared many helpful and informative posts. Surely hope he returns to share more campfires.
Posted By: jpb Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/04/08
Originally Posted by muygrande1
I guess opinionated would be understated but he has shared many helpful and informative posts. Surely hope he returns to share more campfires.

+1

Unlike many internet "experts", kutenay has "walked the walk" and he posts about hardware that he has real personal experience with.

I hope he comes back too!

John
Originally Posted by martinbns

I didn't think there were any forums left that Kutenay hadn't already been banned from other than this one.

Ain't that the truth! LoL

His outspoken style coupled with unique views on world events has resulted in his being booted for various periods of time from many forums including the one I run. I do think however the only forum where he is currently banned is GunNutz.

While he and I have a few differences in opinions - that may be an understatement - we have agreed to disagree on these for the most part. With that said I do appreciate his vast knowledge on many-many subjects and I also find it very hard to not like the old bugger.
Well said, Cariboo!
Kutenay has two characteristics that I respect. He seems to be a decent human being, and he is always interesting.

I may disagree with him more than I agree with him, but that matters not at all. And I'm glad the Campfire has a big enough tent to fit all of us into.

Hope he returns soon.

Steve
Posted By: xp100 Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/04/08
Yepper, two posts "edited for racism". I have no idea as to the content, certainly what was left of those posts and the other posts of his around that didn't sound any different than usual.

I ain't gonna second-guess the moderators but I'd expect that having yer posts edited on moral grounds would get any of us PO'd right quick, enough to hit the road.

I hope he comes back, he'll be missed. OK, maybe not all that much by me personally grin, but we're all grownups here, who wants an insipid forum?

Birdwatcher
I know the posts that were edited used the same words that got Stick banned.

Screw the Kute.......
Pretty sure that Stick had a lot more knowledge that was of value to contribute....
Posted By: MtnHtr Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/05/08
Anybody can fill in as Kute:

Packs: Mystery Ranch!
Tents: Integral Designs!
Sleeping Bags: Western Mountaineering!
Tipis: Kifaru!

Just don't list anything built offshore and it's a winner! grin

(this is all in good fun, some folks just need to laugh more!)

MtnHtr
(this is all in good fun, some folks just need to laugh more!)

Can I get an AMEN!
AMEN!
Posted By: redmtn Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/05/08
what was the racist comment ?
Since I know him and would rate him as friend,I'm more than a little bias.He is outspoken but his opinions are pretty mainstream for the coming of age in the '60s, Canadian babyboomers. Mine included.This is a Yankee forum,so I will end it there.
Originally Posted by redmtn
what was the racist comment ?

I'm not falling for that old trick.....
Posted By: redmtn Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/05/08
no trick , serious here , i agree with alot of Kutes opinions.
I'm going against the grain, I hope he stays gone.

He's a bigoted old jerk, I was amazed that it took this long for this to happen.
Give him time, he'll be back if he didn't get banned.
Posted By: SU35 Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/05/08
I heard he went into business with Chuck Norris.
I like Kute ,especially his political incorrectness.
Posted By: MtnHtr Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/05/08
Originally Posted by SU35

Nope. Kute accepted Warner Bros offer to star as the leading role in their new upcoming action thriller:

Billy Jack II: On Sacred Ground

The plot involves an ex-mountie who has been living quietly alone in the Canadian bush for about ten years after the indian wars, and when some outlaw outfitter gang moves into his territory things start to get interesting. grin

MtnHtr

Nope. Kute accepted Warner Bros offer to star as the leading role in their new upcoming action thriller:

The plot involves an ex-mountie who has been living quietly alone in the Canadian bush for about ten years after the indian wars, and when some outlaw outfitter gang moves into his territory things start to get interesting. grin

MtnHtr

I heard they were American too....... whistle
Posted By: MtnHtr Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/06/08
In one scene, Billy Jack II is feelin remorseful over his former participation in the indian wars. He really needs the local native's help as he is outnumbered and outgunned in the canadian wilderness by these new invaders.

Also heard Steve Segal was hired as a consultant for the film. Kute and Steve had a disagreement over how the Billy Jack hat should be worn..........

MtnHtr
:/my cheddar would be on the Kute man in this one... grin

Dober
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/06/08
I liked his posts and obvious knowledge. I've read a lot of his stuff on the Backpacking forum. Someone linked me to the thread that got Stick banned, and if I'm remembering right, Kute had some pretty ... aggressive racial stuff on that one. If he did a repeat of that, I could see it getting censored...

If it wasn't Kute on that thread, then don't get out the electric fillet knives- I apologize! :-)

-jeff

Posted By: redmtn Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/06/08
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

MtnHtr

but when he really lost it was when these foreigners pulled out their Tikkas and A Bolts ......... smile
Originally Posted by MtnHtr
but when he really lost it was when these foreigners pulled out their Tikkas and A Bolts ......... smile

In sub .338 chamberings......... grin

RO
Posted By: Royce Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/06/08
you guys are all wrong- Kutenay's assertiveness training seminars have become so popular he just doesn't have time to post any more
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
He is outspoken but his opinions are pretty mainstream for the coming of age in the '60s, Canadian babyboomers. Mine included.

You're right about that, and my opinion can be included on that list as well.

Screw the Kute....... [/quote]

Too true.

MtnHtr

The Outlaw gang teams up with some nasty half breed Indians who have no Anglo blood at all(the worst kind). They run amuck vandalizing pictures of the Queen and watching French films.

Our hero must set them straight before they team up with some Ukrainians and consume perogies with too much American beer. Can he protect the Honour of the Queen and the Commonwealth.......

It's gonna be a smash.

Britt
Hey, Kute's one of my favorite guys on the board.
But isn't he off hiking somewhere?
Posted By: HawkI Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/06/08
grin laugh grin laugh

Billy Jack is also the reason the U.S. could never invade Canada; the U.S. military tries, but Billy Jack kicks azz with his pre-64 M70 338.
Originally Posted by fish30ought6
Hey, Kure's one of my favorite guys on the board.
But isn't he off hiking somewhere?
this is all in good nature , in my part anyway , could be anyone of us next smile
Agreed,

Eventhough I got furious at him for calling me a Klan supporter,I learned to take him with a grain of salt. At times,he made lots of sense and was always entertaining.

I hope he is able to come back and straighten us out some more.

Britt
Posted By: Lorne Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/06/08
Kute is straight up, whether you like him or not. If he posts something it is what his experience has shown him. Plus he will stand up for himself, not hide behind others like at least one of his major critics will .

Rather have him here

Cheers
Lorne
I'd much rather live in Kute's idea of Canada then the one we've become.

Me too , i guess if that makes me a racist so be it .
Posted By: MtnHtr Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/07/08
Got a call today from the set, Kute is doing pretty good over by Mt Shasta. They tell me there is one fight scene that put's the old Billy Jack (Laughlin)to shame. If you ever watched the old Billy Jack then that is pretty impressive. Kute is one tough old bugger to be able to outfight the old Billy Jack, and I could picture him talking down the bad guys!

The Old Billy Jack

MtnHtr

Posted By: gunbug Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/07/08
I agree with you. It would be a better place and i hope someone comes along like him and gets into politics cause i'll vote for him

Screw the Kute.......

+1
Posted By: Shag Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/07/08
Screw stick. Long live Kute. Not sure what I missed but I know that stick tried as hard as he could and succeded at getting the boot. He got what he wanted. Somehow I don't think Kute was lookin or wanted this to be like this. I could be wrong.
Me too , i guess if that makes me a racist so be it .

Knowing and stating that multiculturalism does not work, is not racist. Depending on the user, it can be racist, or can be confused as such, but in it self is not.

Racism is never unidirectional. That's why multiculturalism never works.
Posted By: n007 Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/07/08
Originally Posted by elkchsr

Screw the Kute.......

+1

Yankee's don't like Kute because he insists that British Columbia's resources belong to British Columbians, screw them I say.
Why in the hell would we care about British Columbia's resoures? I have nothing against kute but those that do have other reasons to not like him, your just trying to make excuses for him. Let him defend himself, he is fully capable.
If he's not here,that's a little hard. smile His wording comes across as racist,it's simply poor use of the language.But branding people by their culture is lot harder than by race. Notice that most of his attacks were on immigration. It's against the culture of takers,liars and cheats as compared to givers,honest and generous.If you beleive in right and wrong,you have to stand up for them.Weither it's immigration,which were he lives he gets his face rubbed in it, or the effects of our modern age, we can debate. But we do miss the Canada of our youth.
Posted By: SU35 Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/07/08
Kute's a great guy for sure. I hope he drops back in here.
Resources include big game animals. I am not making excuses for anyone, just relating the facts.
Resources include big game animals. I am not making excuses for anyone, just relating the facts.
Yeah, I know what resources are but it still doesn't answer the question. Kutes concerned about more than just game animals, if you've read any of his posts you'd know that. You want to lump all us "yankees" into one pot, just goes to show how little you know about us Americans........yeah, I prefer the word Americans over "yankee".
Posted By: MtnHtr Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/07/08
Folks,

I did not agree with everything Kute stated on here but he was a very interesting fella. If I was to meet him out on the trail I would probably chat with him a bit before heading on. Or if he walked into my camp I would offer him a drink or meal.

If he is gone, I will miss him. He was fun to debate equipment, weather conditions and such. A very colorful fella indeed, probably pretty jolly in his own world.

Now about that film he is starring in........ grin

MtnHtr
Oh I know that Kute has other concerns besides game animals. The reason that I brought that particular concern forward is because it was that issue that has caused the latest drama and probably why Kute has not been around lately which is the reason for this thread. If you had been paying attention you would know that. There are all sorts of Americans in this world not just USA Americans. I don't really care what you prefer or don't prefer.
To a Canuck,even if you are a cracker from Georgia or a hispainic from Miami,you are a Yankee.

Then you don't care who you insult,my ancestors being southern fought Yankees,nobody from the south likes to be called a Yankee.

Britt
Posted By: Dogger Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/07/08
ruraldoc; don't take too much offense. Most folks from other lands refer to us all as Yanks. I agree that Yankee gets a tad to close to another time and another war for some of us. He probably meant to use the term Yank. After 20 years in the Army, I got used to hearing "you Yanks" from other services, especially the Brits and a couple of Canucks and the odd Aussie or two.

r/ john
Virginia, Surry Light Artillery

Sorry

grin I guess we are equal opportunity insulters,then grin

Johnny Canuck orginaly was a derogatory term for a French Canadien,yet we all use it now with pride. It's one of those differences between us.

Ray
Posted By: 340boy Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/07/08
Holy smokes!
This thread has run 9 pages?!?

I have created a monster...
grin
Originally Posted by n007
Yankee's don't like Kute because he insists that British Columbia's resources belong to British Columbians, screw them I say.

Maybe some Yankees don't like Kutenay; but, it's highly unlikely that that is the reason. Maybe, in a prior debate, that was the topic; but, it's unlikely that is the reason someone who doesn't like Kute doesn't like him.

All Yankees don't dislike Kute. As a matter of fact he has made it very clear of his positive feelings for my country. I can't and won't speak for him; but, I venture to say he has as much to dislike (probably disagree with is a better term) with his own country as he does mine. We can't agree with everything our various legislatures, legislators and leaders do.

There are plenty of posters on this forum with whom I've disagreed in the past. Luckily, I've been able to avoid pissing matches with them. I can't name a one of them I dislike. It doesn't necessary make any or all of their input incorrect.

I don't think I've ever had a disagreement with Kutenay while posting on this forum; but, I can see how he has rubbed others the wrong way. Hell, I can see how I've done the same. Preference as to utilization of one's country's natural resources is the least of the possible reasons I could find for disliking anybody.

Whether he comes back or not, I wish him well and will miss his input if he does not return. I will continue to converse with him on other forums.

Yep,

I understand that people in Canada aren't out to get my goat when they call me Yank,but it does anyway. More my problem than theirs. grin

I really did learn to like Kute after I realized he was a very colorful old guy with some good things to say. My wife's family is from British Columbia,her grandpa and Kute would probably have agreed on a lot. But the world is changing and a bunch of it is not for the better,fine line between free speech that's politically incorrect and hate speech that we all want to avoid.

I hope Kute is back soon myself.

Britt
Posted By: redmtn Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/07/08
Originally Posted by 340boy
Holy smokes!
This thread has run 9 pages?!?

I have created a monster...
grin
Ya its doing as well as those Wiggy topics , im impressed .
This thread is tame compared to those (Wiggys) threads.....[Linked Image]
Holy smokes! This thread has run 9 pages?!?

Something must be wrong with my computer. I appear to be missing about 5 pages. Any thoughts?
Posted By: HawkI Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/07/08
Kutenay was/is a very interesting fella to read on here. By many of the replies (and movie hints) most know where he stands on just about everything from guns to immigration; no sugarcoat. He is very firm in his opinions. That should be respected.

Unfortunately he came off pizzed at the world many times and generally typed it all for the public record that this forum is. Typing certain things were not good FOR THE OWNER of this site. Kute wouldn't tolerate someone crapping on his doorstep, Rick can't allow certain things here. Kute of all people should've known and respected that.

It would be common courtesy to not tell a guy he has a fat ugly wife (even if its true), in his house as a guest in front of the fat ugly wife a their kids. I wouldn't anyway.

He was probably warned, so here we are.
It's not called 24 Hour Kute-Fire.
Posted By: redmtn Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/07/08
Maybe he could come back as Kutenay Light ? grin
Originally Posted by HawkI
He was probably warned, so here we are.
It's not called 24 Hour Kute-Fire.

Just for the record .............

He was NOT banned from here. He has refrained from posting for his own reasons.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/08/08
That's good to know; I did not assume one way or another, just assumed he had been warned and here we are talking about it either way (whether he left or was asked).

I hope Kute comes back on his own volition; he has a wealth of knowledge and is good enough to share it. He is smart enough to speak his mind without ticking off the moderators or sacrificing his principles. Ticking off each other is just a given here (g)
Originally Posted by Dakotan
Holy smokes! This thread has run 9 pages?!?

Something must be wrong with my computer. I appear to be missing about 5 pages. Any thoughts?

that depends on the font (resolution )you set your monitor and the # post per page you set in preferences.

Tims' probably using the Reader's Digest Large font laugh
btw, it's only 4 pages for me..... whistle
Posted By: 340boy Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/08/08
Originally Posted by UtahLefty

Tims' probably using the Reader's Digest Large font laugh

Tim is using the 'I am too lazy to customize the website' font...
grin
not me, I'm an "ISTJ" personality..... smile
Posted By: gunbug Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/08/08
Your right . I agree with most everything he says except that British stuff but no matter what i hope he returns soon cause i like reading the exchange between some of you guys and Kute. Dan
The only guy tougher than Kute is the guy from The Naked Prey.........oh, and Chuck Norris of course.

Travis
The toughest part about Kutenay is that he manages to get through the day not being able to see his manhood without the help of a low-hanging mirror. I still think he's at fat camp.. at least I hope so. He could use it.
[Linked Image]

Greenhorn,

Is that pic from an authentic Kute sighting?

He has become more elusive than a Yeti.

Britt
After reading some of the trash he has written about the US on another forum, I seriouly doubt he will ever come back. I knew he was always highly opinionated but reading some of his rants was a real eye opener. I hope he never returns here.
I like Kutenay and I would like to meet him.He pretty much says it like it is,even those of us who hate all the PC crap get caught up in it.nuff said
tell you what, that big mouthed fathead Kutenay doesn't wonder off the beaten path much. Has most of you fooled!!

[Linked Image]
Gads.. he's not even a five footer..

Who's that trip trapping over my bridge?�
Here come the trolls.......
[Linked Image]
He sure is handsome..

-- if you are a birdwatcher
He sure is handsome..

I dunno what to make of a guy who digs up old pics of another guy in order to rag on 'em...

'specially on account of no one here who ain't light in their loafers could really GAS as to what some other guy looks like.

A man's worth of course, being best measured by what he does and has done.
You all can read some classic Kute here and decide for yourselves:

Click this
Kute doesn't know jack about high end backpacking gear from real tried and true experience.. look at him. His anger and whimpering retreat is a result of jealousy toward those who can do what he clearly can not. I suspect he was dropped on his head and severly beaten with the ugly stick at birth - sad considering the lack of genetic potential he started with. (see photo)

-- wailing on the wounded rabbit call
He sure is handsome..

-- if you are a birdwatcher

Hmmm... retroactive trolling eh? As in adding stuff to an original post after I already replied to it.

Tell ya what, judging from those pics you took the time to dig up and post, if things came down to violence I expect I'd ruther have Kutenay on my side as not.

OK, I'm signing off the thread unless something constructive comes up.

Birdwatcher
Understandable. Yoda is tough - no doubt. Here's PROOF.
Birdwatcher if that's Greenhorn vs Kute violence kind of thing, it would be hugely one sided. Methinks Greenhorn could whip Kute whilst sitting in a lawn chair and not even spill his beer. Heck, his "green-gas" ninja skills alone are too much of a match for the fearless Kutey.
Posted By: n007 Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/13/08
7STW described you perfectly.
Fellows let's give this one a rest. I'd like to hunt in BC one day and not have everybody hate me because I'm from the US.

We are all so interconnected anyways,my wife's family were some of the British who settled British Columbia. I have tons of friends in Montana where I hunt and own property. I bet most of the folks in this fus would enjoy each other's company around a real campfire.

It's a big continent,but a small world and we need to show the nonhunting crowd that lurks at sites like this that we are decent folks,grown ups if you will.

So,I said it before and I'll say it again,if any of my Canadian compadres at the fire would like to swap a huntin or fishin trip with me in Alabama,let me know. Ive got really good huntin for deer and hogs plus good fishing.

Got a nice new camphouse where you can stay too. Offering to swap trips makes more sense to me than being fool enough to keep fussin about a guy who has probably already learned his lesson about doing it by the book in BC,Canada. Or who is madder about it, the guys who like him or the guys who don't.

Britt
Posted By: SAKO75 Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/14/08
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

Then you don't care who you insult,my ancestors being southern fought Yankees,nobody from the south likes to be called a Yankee.

Britt
Britt, AMEN! KEEP those southern colors FLYING
Posted By: SKane Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/14/08
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
Kute doesn't know jack about high end backpacking gear from real tried and true experience.. look at him. His anger and whimpering retreat is a result of jealousy toward those who can do what he clearly can not. I suspect he was dropped on his head and severly beaten with the ugly stick at birth - sad considering the lack of genetic potential he started with. (see photo)

-- wailing on the wounded rabbit call

Dude, that's uncalled for.
Posted By: Boise Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/14/08
I don't know what Greenhorn wrote - he's been on IGNORE for a long time. Others may find there life better here if they do the same.
Posted By: battue Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/14/08
I don't know if kute was for real or not. With his ego, I always thought that it was odd that he never showed any visual evidence of what he claimed to be.

However, I can tell you one thing; he was dead nuts correct about Mystery Ranch packs. I'm a rookie with the bp stuff and have used a competitors pack for a year. It was a constant pain-literally-to use. On Kutes recommendation I finally sprung for a MR pack. For me the difference is amazing. Comfort beyond what I would have expected, good people to work with and I can carry more than before in comfort. For this I thank him.

IMO he was his own undoing. We all have our faults.

Battue

Posted By: Boise Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/14/08
Gawd I didn't want to wade in here but...

I asked about hunting mountain goats - the thread is still on the first page of Canada topics. I asked about Bryan Martin after being given a recommendation to hunt goats with him. Kute politely informed me of the current and the past convictions. I would have been extremely upset to have booked a hunt with a criminal and not find out until later. Kute supplied the information and I sincerely thank him for it.

I live and hunt in Idaho and we also get many hunters from out of state here. I suspect some of the concerns and emotions Kute feels are similar to what I encure every hunting season. No true sportsman can sit back and see his hunting lands raped without becoming emotional.

I too have been baited here and rose to the bait but opted to use the IGNORE button instead of continuing. If not for IGNORE I would have been gone long ago.
Posted By: 340boy Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/14/08
Yep,
Every gear recommendation I have got from Kutenay has been spot on-tent, pack, and tarps.

I think, even though Kute is rough around the edges, he got a raw deal on this site.

I wish Kute well wherever he may be(probably out hiking someplace)
I think, even though Kute is rough around the edges, he got a raw deal on this site.

In my opinion it was only a matter of time before his racist attitude caused the conflict that resulted in him leaving the forum.
Posted By: mickey Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/19/08
I haven't been around for awhile but why is Greenhorn posting Moosie's picture here?
Posted By: kciH Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/19/08
Much like the US, your country is in deep pooh. By the time those of you, who bash Kute, realize it, it's likely to be too late.

So go on with it, and have a good time. You silly multi-culti types will see the error in your ways when you are watching your blood be spilled by those you embrace.

My advice is worth just what I charge for it.

Yeah, he's a racist for wanting to see his race enjoy the benefits of the country that they have built.
Yeah, he's a racist for wanting to see his race enjoy the benefits of the country that they have built.

Except for the fact that his race was not the only race that built this country.

I don't know what happened to Kute but I've read kute's stuff in the past and whether sometimes tongue-in-cheek I didn't always know due to it's "severity", but I certainly haven't always agreed with what he's said or how he's said it.

That said, I suggest some civility here and no more throwing stones unless of course "you" are without fault yourself. If you want to take up issues of him find him on another forum or wherever and do it "face-to-face".

These forums are not meant for Junior High cliques or "nah-nah-nah-nah" gossip/slander fests.

Gdv

Originally Posted by goodnews

I don't know what happened to Kute but I've read kute's stuff in the past and whether sometimes tongue-in-cheek I didn't always know due to it's "severity", but I certainly haven't always agreed with what he's said or how he's said it.

That said, I suggest some civility here and no more throwing stones unless of course "you" are without fault yourself. If you want to take up issues of him find him on another forum or wherever and do it "face-to-face".

These forums are not meant for Junior High cliques or "nah-nah-nah-nah" gossip/slander fests.

Gdv

I can assure you that Kutenay was just about never "tongue in cheek" when he posted. He is a pissed off bitter man. The fact that he had knowledge about backpacking etc doesn't allow him to rip apart every ethnic group in Canada( including ones that have been here for a 100 years+) in every post and then make each one personal when someone disagrees doesn't make him a straight shooter.

The 24hourcampfire is a better place without him, at a real campfire kutenay wouldn't last 5 minutes without landing in it.
That said, I suggest some civility here and no more throwing stones unless of course "you" are without fault yourself.

In case you hadn't noticed,it was him that initiated the vast majority of the stone throwing in the form of his racist posts.Then when his racist views were challenged,he is the one that couldn't deal with it and left as a result.
Martin- and Stubble-

I think I agree with you both but you're missing my point here, not that either of you were the perpetrators. But two wrongs don't make a right.

If Kute is gone, there is no use in chasing down the trail throwing rotten tomatoes and shouting epithets after him.

I'm very aware of my own weaknesses and therefore understand their presence in others (that doesn't mean I don't think they're wrong or don't need to be changed) and am slow to judge harshly. I'm sure he had his strengths too - we know he did. He was very knowledgeable if not almost intolerably opinionated and perhaps this website was good for him. He could vent occasionally even if it was not PC.

Anyway, it is my opinion that when one has a beef with another, it should be taken up "face-to-face."

Gdv

edited to add: I just read Martin's post again and I assure you I also was sometimes shocked by Kute's rantings and when it came to anything other than camping, backpacking, and guns I thought he was mostly inappropriate.
Anyway, it is my opinion that when one has a beef with another, it should be taken up "face-to-face."

Although Kute often threatened to meet people to take them on in a physical confrontation,I doubt that he would want to meet either Martin or myself for that reason.And neither of us started this thread,we just responded to posts made by others.

It wasn't your - or Martin's - posts that made me uncomfortable and I appreciate your response.

Gdv
Posted By: mickey Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/20/08
Kute's post made you uncomfortable? You mean he made you think?

He and I didn't always agree but we are from the same generation and have seen the same things happening in Canada. I hope he comes back as he always had an opinion.

Canada is not a better country than it was before Trudeau.
Originally Posted by mickey

Canada is not a better country than it was before Trudeau.

This country went to hell in a handbasket with Sir John A McDonald running things...long before Trudeau came upon the scene. Sir John set up central canada [ontario] as the economic powerhouse by centralizing business/industry where his cronies could reap the profits...so take it easy on poor old pierre as his faults are nothing in comparison to our own John A.
Posted By: n007 Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/20/08
So what was Canada like before John A.?
Before John A., well that depends on how far 'before' you want to look at?? Prior to confederation things were run by the Hudsons Bay Company eh? Before that things were run by the indian chiefs..powerful bands of the earliest inhabitants of Turtle Island.
This country went to hell in a handbasket with Sir John A McDonald running things...long before Trudeau came upon the scene.

Just so you know there was no Canada before John A.
This country went to hell in a handbasket with Sir John A McDonald running things...long before Trudeau came upon the scene.

Just so you know there was no Canada before John A.

Maybe not, but the 'occupation/colonization' of the territory [landmass known as Turtle Island] began before Sir John A. At least prior to confederation our pioneer ancestors never had to knuckle under to oppressive laws designed to make the rich richer at the expense of the common people...at least not to the extent that pirate instituted here.

I suggest you read more carefully and don't insinuate concerning someone you don't know.

Many of you guys really do strike me as "glass-half-empty" kind of guys.

I'm a "wow-glass-is-half-full" kind of guy.

Canada has NEVER in recorded history been as well off. Most of the Canadians listed as "poor" today - are living lives that most people in the thirties could only dream about.

We have a standard of living today that is the envy of the world.

If course we have problems and things we can work towards making better. BUT - when you compare the lives we live in Canada today - versus the lives other people have lived, in other eras, and in other countries - we lives lives of incredible splendor.

It's not fair to compare the Canada of today with some mythical non-existent utopia - that never was.

Compared to REAL countries - in other real periods of history - Canada is a better place to live in now - than any other country, any place, at any time in history. The "good 'ole days" when viewed objectively - never were.

Some of you guys remind me of the "how-bad-the-world-is-today" guys who used to knock on my door, Bible in hand, until I put up a coded gate. Their historical ignorance of world history in part eras was astounding - to say the least.

Lighten up - and celebrate our greatness.

We have SO MUCH to be grateful for!
Yep,

Lots of good things like 'gay rights' and white people becoming an irelevant minority,along with their Judeo-Christian traditions being marginalized as atheists force their world view down everybody's throat via public schools.

Opps,sorry,there for a moment I thought we were talking about the US. Carry on.

Britt
On a world-wide scale, white folks is a minority......
Originally Posted by KodiakHntr
On a world-wide scale, white folks is a minority......

YEP,

I just never thought we would be an endangered species in North America.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/20/08
I'm white, but grew up as a somewhat persecuted minority (in a small town in New Mexico).

My dad is/was a history and philosophy professor, and so I have been broadly exposed to, and studied, all the major religions of the world but subscribe to none of them.

I'm not saying I'm right... but I AM saying that those who wish for a Judeo-Christian, white, America (or Canada, I presume) should keep in mind that, well, not everyone feels that way. You don't quite know what it's like to be under the thumb of a dominant religion until you are not a member of that religion, for instance. It drives me nuckin' FUTS that my kids have to pledge "under God" to a God that I don't believe in, in PUBLIC SCHOOLS!! I would spill blood over being forced to comply or subvert to the dominant religion of our time- Christianity- in the same way that I presume most good Christians- of whom I count many good friends BTW- would spill blood in defense of their beliefs. These things cut both ways.

Likewise, growing up a racial minority (by a long shot) in a town full of people who had genetic roots going back thousands of years in that area, and whom WE TOOK THE LAND FROM IN ACTS OF WAR, will tend to give one perspective on such things that might be lacking if you didn't grow up there. I do have some real empathy for the Hispanic people in particular. They are not "immigrating" into Arizona and New Mexico and Texas and SoCal... they were there first, historically speaking, and we took it.

Anyway... just remember that thinking people can have differing opinions on this stuff, and that the only free society is one free of compulsory religion, and free of compulsory racial... what's the right way to say it... compliance?

Peace. not looking for a fight. This thread has some good thinkers on it, just tossing my opinion into the ring.

-jeff

Posted By: Boise Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/20/08
Originally Posted by BCBrian

Canada has NEVER in recorded history been as well off. Most of the Canadians listed as "poor" today - are living lives that most people in the thirties could only dream about.

If course we have problems and things we can work towards making better. BUT - when you compare the lives we live in Canada today - versus the lives other people have lived, in other eras, and in other countries - we lives lives of incredible splendor.

It's not fair to compare the Canada of today with some mythical non-existent utopia - that never was.

Compared to REAL countries - in other real periods of history - Canada is a better place to live in now - than any other country, any place, at any time in history. The "good 'ole days" when viewed objectively - never were.

Some of you guys remind me of the "how-bad-the-world-is-today" guys who used to knock on my door, Bible in hand, until I put up a coded gate. Their historical ignorance of world history in part eras was astounding - to say the least.

The very best post I've read for too long of a time.
Posted By: redmtn Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/20/08
Yep,

Lots of good things like 'gay rights' and white people becoming an irelevant minority,along with their Judeo-Christian traditions being marginalized as atheists force their world view down everybody's throat via public schools.

Britt
u forgot the abortionists(womens right to choose ) , another huge plus , also the high divorce rates and children being raised in daycares , yup great advances we have made.
Yep,

Britt
u forgot the abortionists(womens right to choose ) , another huge plus , also the high divorce rates and children being raised in daycares , yup great advances we have made.

I know, I know. Imagine that, women thinking they have a right to determine what happens with their body, preposterous I say. Bring back the dirty alleys and rusty coat hangers of the good old days. Not only that but the foolish girls think they have the right to leave an abusive or poisonous relationship, the utter gall. Bring back the rule of thumb that will smarten them up in a hurry. Day care, not required, send 80% of the workforce back into their homes where they belong. Day care is just another commie plot. Don�t get me started on those uppity gays; imagine the audacity, thinking they are human beings with the same rights as others. Make homosexuality illegal, put them in jail, that�s the ticket.
sorry got to disagree with u when your ending a innocent life , good thing your mother didnt have the same views.
I see your point,

What North America really needs is more abortions,radical homosexuals,divorces,and single parent homes. If they are not bad they must be good and governments should adopt policies to subsidise and encourage such productive behaviors.

Oh wait,that's what we're already doing and it's working so well don't you agree. And let's be sure we have immigration policies to encourage as many people as posible who abhor western values. Maybe a lot of radical Muslims,that'll help even more.

Man we will produce a utopian state if we just get rid of them nasty consevative christians and jews,let's call them neocons and marginalize their values as right wing radical.

Maybe we can get the UN to investgate them and label them as racist,homophobic fundamentalists. That's the ticket,plan your work and work your plan. Things will just keep gettin better.

They are better already, Right?

So when a woman is rapped and becomes pregnant you think she should be forced to have the baby? Or if a young girl is molested by her father and becomes pregnant she should be forced to have the baby? When a woman is pregnated by any other means other than voluntary she shold be forced to have the baby? I'm geunuinely curious as I don't really know where I stand on this issue when thinking about the above examples.
yup thats a tough call , im talking about women who use abortion for other reasons.

I believe most thinking people come to the conclusion that a few abortions are justified. Billy Graham's father in law was a medical missionary and wrestled with this question and came to the conclusion that there are three circumstances in which it is justified.

Rape
Incest
The life of the mother is in danger

Graham himself adopted this opinion.

Conversely there are situations where it is just plain wrong.

Gender selection of the baby
As a routine method of birth control

I used to be more pro choice,one day a female patient who reported that she was pegnant wanted me to perform a risky elective procedure. I told her that I could not do it because of the risk to her pregnancy. She got angry with me and with a cold analytical voice said " Go ahead, do it,I'm going to kill this damn thing anyway."

At that moment it all came into focus for me. Freedom to abort any baby for any reason at the whim of the mother alone,is no good thing.

Britt
Yup, life in Canada is pretty damn good, for me and most of the people I know. Sorry yours sucks so bad.
Unfortunately your views and values seems to have replaced mine , i can see why your so happy.

I believe most thinking people come to the conclusion that a few abortions are justified. Billy Graham's father in law was a medical missionary and wrestled with this question and came to the conclusion that there are three circumstances in which it is justified.

Rape
Incest
The life of the mother is in danger

Graham himself adopted this opinion.

Conversely there are situations where it is just plain wrong.

Gender selection of the baby
As a routine method of birth control

I used to be more pro choice,one day a female patient who reported that she was pegnant wanted me to perform a risky elective procedure. I told her that I could not do it because of the risk to her pregnancy. She got angry with me and with a cold analytical voice said " Go ahead, do it,I'm going to kill this damn thing anyway."

At that moment it all came into focus for me. Freedom to abort any baby for any reason at the whim of the mother alone,is no good thing.
Britt
That was my train of thought as well, having an abortion just because your not happy with the sex of the child or some other lame excuse shouldn't give you the right to kill it.
It is good to know I have your sympathy,helps me to bare the burden of good health,adequate wealth,and wonderful friends and family.

We all have to play the hand we're dealt. May God bless Canada and the USA.

Britt
Unfortunately your views and values seems to have replaced mine , i can see why your so happy.

Since there are so many better places in the world to live than Canada, and since you are so unhappy living here, then I suggest you move ASAP so you can start enjoying life.
I am actually quite content living here , my unhappiness is when i run into fellas like yourself but fortunately most of u gather down south in Victoria and Vancouver , seems to be the watering hole for your kind.
Redmtn,

What kind of guitar are you playing in your avatar,a Martin?

Britt
haha , hey i saw u over at Huntshoot the other day.

No really,no pun intended,just wondering what kind of guitar.

I did figure out you're 338 there. I will most likely join in there from time to time.

Britt

No really,no pun intended,just wondering what kind of guitar.

I did figure out you're 338 there. I will most likely join in there from time to time.

Britt

Oh man! That is so funny on so many different levels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esl2NNOtHQE
I get it,Billy Redden on the banjo in Deliverance.

I could not make it out on my tiny monitor,and did not intend to insult redmtn.

I'm glad n007 was amused,I'm sure he is fascinated by the sodomy scene in the film since he is such a gay rights advocate.

So what if it's not fair? Thousands of years ago there were cultures and societies that far surpassed Canada of today. Those utopias existed for thousands of years...clearly the artifacts of the past are more than evidence of that fact.

n007 , dont u have some parade that u need to be rehearsing for ? so why dont u dress up in your cute little outfit and and skip along buddy.I guess u live in the right place if your a queer hunter , might find more of your kind down there.

+1
Since there are so many better places in the world to live than Canada, and since you are so unhappy living here, then I suggest you move ASAP so you can start enjoying life.

I think you miss the point here .... Most Canadians, including the posters on this thread, are quite content to live here in Canada because of the high standard of living we enjoy, but then that's the point, they don't want to see that standard of living to decay and or change. They see the Canada of today being quite different then the one we grew up in and in alot of cases, not for the better. We are having the values of other forced upon us and we don't like it.

Kute was one of these people who objected to this kind of change to the Canada that he obviously loved. While I didn't understand/agree with the way he might verbalize his thoughts, I fully agreed with his views on multiculturalism and how it IS destroying this country.

Mickey-

If you get to the "end" here and see this post, I apologize for the remark I made in response to you earlier today. I wrote it in a hurry and when I reread it it seemed rude and didn't communicate what I wanted.

Kute didn't make me think because of his comments; there is nothing really original with his opinions. There are many who feel the same way to a lesser or greater degree.

What I "felt uncomfortable" about was the jumping on when a guy whose views (rightly or wrongly) were strongly voiced either left on his own or was booted.

Gdv
Posted By: redmtn Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/21/08
How about we lobby Rick for a section titled - BrokeBack Hunters- then have n007 moderate it , that way him and all his fudge packer buddies have a place to hang together and live out their common fantasies.
Posted By: mickey Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/21/08
I can remember when the road up the Fraser River Canyon was one and half lanes with cantilevered wooden bridges hanging off the cliffs. It took a day to reach Clinton from Vancouver and another 6 hours to get to Williams Lake.

People in Vancouver didn't know we existed and left us to our own devices. Now they want us to live their way without knowing, understanding or caring about the differences.

Last Fall I had a lady from White Rock ask me where the Latte stand was in Horsefly. crazy

Muticulturism hasn't worked anywhere in the World so why would anyone think it will work here?

Goodnews

No worries, you should have seen the way my Horse insulted me today.
The Latte stand is at the cafe on the end of that little mall across from the old school - it's called "coffee, black".
Posted By: gunbug Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/21/08
Gee so many blame Kute or someone for all the wild posts but you guys are doin fine without any help. Keep going this is a riot
Originally Posted by gunbug
Gee so many blame Kute or someone for all the wild posts but you guys are doin fine without any help. Keep going this is a riot

So I guess with everything shutting down in your home town your getting desperate for some entertainment?? Why not join in you fellows from McKenzie have a wry sense of humour do you not?
Posted By: redmtn Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/21/08
n007 , question for u , me and my buddy are going on a brokeback , sorry i mean a backpack hunt , can u suggest a bag that can fit 2 guys as we want to cut down a little weight and thought this might work for us , a tight fit is ok , wink wink.Thought u might have some experience in this field.
Posted By: mickey Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/21/08
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
The Latte stand is at the cafe on the end of that little mall across from the old school - it's called "coffee, black".

I told her they had a Starbucks at the Likely Hilton. Just down the road and around the corner a bit. whistle
Not shutting down dude it is shut down but i always keep my sense of humor as i know for a fact there are many millions way worse off then me. Besides i got guns ,reloading ,fishing and these forums for entertainment it doesn't get any better Regards Dan
I told her they had a Starbucks at the Likely Hilton. Just down the road and around the corner a bit.

Heh, heh, yes the one with the riverview - downtown... wink
Posted By: Murf Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/21/08
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter

So what if it's not fair? Thousands of years ago there were cultures and societies that far surpassed Canada of today. Those utopias existed for thousands of years...clearly the artifacts of the past are more than evidence of that fact.

Not sure which societies you are referring to. Just having a few beautiful artifacts is not proof the society which made them is one I or many here would care to live in. A lot of these old societies were very class oriented and based on slavery. Making a few artifacts may have been neat for those who could afford them but how many of these societies suffered from real hardships such as periods starvation, lack of opportunities to advance beyond ones position at birth etc etc .

As for the change in Canadian society there have been periods in our not so distant past when many of the nationalities we now accept as fine contributing members of Canadian society were subject to the same feelings some hold for recent immigrants. Central Europeans during the 1920's 1930's . Italians in the 1950's and 1960's are a few examples. THe KKK was quite a strong force here directing its hate against Catholics, central europeans etc. Some notable politicians of the day campaigned on what was clearly a hate based platform.

Before we glorify the good old days we should know what they really meant for many people.

I grew up in an area which had many different nationalities. There were clusters of British , French metis, Germans, Norwegians, Ukrainians, Russians and Romanians. Each was a few miles in size and in the 1950's they were just beginning to mix. Today most people have several different national backgrounds in their ancestry.
Posted By: n007 Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/21/08
Originally Posted by SuperCub

I think you miss the point here .... Most Canadians, including the posters on this thread, are quite content to live here in Canada because of the high standard of living we enjoy, but then that's the point, they don't want to see that standard of living to decay and or change. They see the Canada of today being quite different then the one we grew up in and in alot of cases, not for the better. We are having the values of other forced upon us and we don't like it.

Kute was one of these people who objected to this kind of change to the Canada that he obviously loved. While I didn't understand/agree with the way he might verbalize his thoughts, I fully agreed with his views on multiculturalism and how it IS destroying this country.

My point was that is Canada is such a terrible place to live due to whatever is making you believe that, then it is probably best to go find a better place to live. Canada has some probems, no doubt, my point was that I still find it the best place in the world to live and I have lived in several other countries.

Our standard of living keeps increasing, perhaps not our quality of living but our standard does. As someone who grew up in Canada in the 50�s and 60�s in rural Canada there was not a lot of money around in those days. Multiculturism came into being in 1971, so I don�t see the connection between the reduced standard of living and multiculturism.

That being said I don�t agree with multiculturism either, I wish the conservatives hadn�t introduced it in 1964 and agree less with Trudeau making it policy in 1971. However they did and it seems that it will continue as Canadian policy as I don�t see any political party in Canada opposing it. What I do think will affect our standard of living is our continued immigration policy, Canada has one of the highest rates, if not the highest, of immigration per capita of any country. While Canada has a wealth of natural resources they are limited, the last political party that I know of that wanted to reduce immigration was the Reform Party, and I agreed with them.

I also agreed with a lot of what Kutenay verbalized as we are of the same generation. Canada is not the same place it was in the 50�s and 60�s and never will be again, which is too bad but probably inevitable, the whole world has gone through massive changes in the last 50 years. Canada is not immune to those changes. I will not spend my time lamenting what could or should have been, I will look to the future with optimism for me and my family and spend what worrying I do on my chances in the LEH.
Well said n007
You know there is a bit to accepting anybody to come warm themselves at your campfire.

However, people can also overstay there welcome.

Alot of the people who were raised in a very traditional outdoors is close to god fashion have no problems with people who are different from themselves. They accept all because they develop a sort of harmony with nature.

It takes a lot to get us riled.

I have read many of the posts of Kutenay. I sense that he is legitimate and that he walks the walk and talks the talk.

What is happening in America and in Canada is a transition of generations. Many of the new generation are less likely to share the campfire but want to take your campfire away from you and then ask if you want to stay warm next to the community fire.

Then they say the fire is hurting the environment and the polar bears are going to die so you need to put out the fire. Since you weren't a natural part of the environment and that the environment belonged to the native peoples 200 years ago you need to pack up and move back to your place.

I grew up in Alaska. I developed in a way that I treat all people of different backgrounds and identities the same. However, there have been changes in the last 20-25 years that get people like Kutenay ticked off. I might just guess but I bet Kutenay would treat all people reguardless of their background the same in person. However, this forum is a place where we can vent. These things might bother younger people who were inculcated differently.

The problem with America and Canada is that we try to save everybody. Imagine a ship going down and a liferaft. You as a strong responsible person tries to pull people back on the boat. However, the last person you pull on actually overextends the boats capacity and everybody dies.

It is ironic that up near where I presently teach approximately 40-45% of the people who are working on the SDI Missile Defense Project are new immigrants from Russia. Do you think Putin is worried. Maybe. Maybe not.

I also can testify that when I was at college on the East Coast I was personally protested against because I was an identified hunter. They had a national anti-hunting day and as an Alaskan who had visible moosehorns in my dorm room I was the only target available.

Kutenay is worried with the trends and is lashing out. I think that people need to take his sparky responses as such and get him back to the fire. He kind of is like a canary in the coalmine.

I would take a passle of Kutenays before one Rev. Wright.

Sincerely,

Thomas

Our standard of living keeps increasing, perhaps not our quality of living but our standard does. As someone who grew up in Canada in the 50�s and 60�s in rural Canada there was not a lot of money around in those days. Multiculturism came into being in 1971, so I don�t see the connection between the reduced standard of living and multiculturism.

That's a very good point to differentiate between our "standard" of living and our "quality" of life.

You are right to say our standard of living has increased but at the same time alot of Canadians no longer feel comfortable in their own country and this has effected in varying degrees their quality of life.
Socrates (who was put to death in 399 BC) once said:

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for
authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place
of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their
households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They
contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties
at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

The Greek philosopher Plato (who died about 347 BC) studied under Socrates. Plato complained about the youth of the day, also, saying:

"What is happening to our young
people? They disrespect their elders, they disobey their parents. They
ignore the law. They riot in the streets inflamed with wild notions.
Their morals are decaying. What is to become of them?"

Finally, Peter the Hermit (in a sermon preached in 1274 AD) said:

"The world is passing through troublous times. The young people of
today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for
parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as
if they knew everything, and what passes for wisdom with us is
foolishness with them. As for the girls, they are forward, immodest
and unladylike in speech, behavior and dress."

Ahh yes - we're going to hell in a handbasket these days - aren't we?
Posted By: CZ550 Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/22/08
A very wise man, nearly 3000 years ago, wrote these timeless words: "Disregarding another person's faults preserves love; telling about them separates close friends".

"Beginning a quarrel is like opening a floodgate, so drop the matter before a dispute breaks out." -KING SOLOMON
[quote=Murf
Not sure which societies you are referring to. Just having a few beautiful artifacts is not proof the society which made them is one I or many here would care to live in. A lot of these old societies were very class oriented and based on slavery. Making a few artifacts may have been neat for those who could afford them but how many of these societies suffered from real hardships such as periods starvation, lack of opportunities to advance beyond ones position at birth etc etc .

Before we glorify the good old days we should know what they really meant for many people.
[/quote]

And our current society isn't much different. We are manipulated by governments through taxation, which in itself is another form of slavery. They know exactly how much money you make, and how much disposable income you have. That is why a place like Prince George will consistently have higher fuel prices and taxes than other communities...because according to stats canada the residents have a higher per capita income. IN my opinion as long as we are forced to turn over a portion of our income to 'the man' we will never be free. Just like you don't own your own home, even if the mortgage is paid off, because you can lose it for not paying your property tax. Or, you cannot leave the country with your money [say over 10K??] that you earned, because it's illegal.

Slavery is slavery, and we just live with a different form of it now. It all goes back to the top dogs collecting the fruits of your labour, whether it be lord and serf or richman and workingman..

Posted By: redmtn Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/22/08
I will stick with my guns and say families were better off in the traditional sense when there was a mother at home to look after the children while they are young and the father works to feed them.I also realize that due to our high taxes and such this in many cases is no longer feasible.I have managed to raise my children without daycare which has meant not enjoying alot of todays luxeries but that is a cost im willing to pay .
Posted By: Murf Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/22/08
Slavery is much more than paying taxes. Slavery is far more than an economic model. It includes such aspects as ownership of another human being, power to decide which individuals can marry, selling children from parents, spouses from each other, determining what occupation one must follow,etc etc.
As for taxes I have paid a lot in my life and know I will continue to pay. Our taxes are established by the gov'ts we select in free elections. Although I do not agree with all gov't expenditures I and everyone else receive benefits from taxation. Fire and police services, roads, health care etc.
Posted By: Murf Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/22/08
As for one parent staying at home that is the way my wife and I raised our family. Our first house was less than 900 sg feet. It meant hundreds of thousands of dollars less income during those times and continuing lower income as her pension will be much smaller due to her having worked less years.
Some families must have both working, some make the choice based on the woman's want of a career. Others want the extras.
Seems like free choice to me.
Even in the good old days many women worked and far more of them were stuck in low paying jobs as cooks, waitresses, etc. In those days working mothers were far more likely to work out of necessity.

Today many people see the newest wide screen plasma T.V. , marble counter tops , jet tubs , trips to the tropics during winter , new cars, boats , a cottage etc etc as necessities not luxuries. I know housing is much more expensive in some areas of the country than it is here but compare the features of new houses to what our parents and grand parents had and ask how many of these features are necessary. Our cars are loaded with extras that drive the price far higher than needed for simple transportation. Some of these added expenses can be reduced if one really wants to cut down on expenditures. As one small example it was a good many years before my cars had " wheel disks" as hub caps worked fine. A.M. radio did the trick rather than 6 disk CD changers.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/22/08
I will stick with my guns and say families were better off in the traditional sense when there was a mother at home to look after the children while they are young and the father works to feed them. I have managed to raise my children without daycare which has meant not enjoying alot of todays luxeries but that is a cost im willing to pay .

Plus one.

I, and my feminist wife, agree with that. She stayed home with the kids for the first 11 years (but who's counting <g>) and just recently went back to work. I worked two jobs to keep the wheels on the cart and, as you say, you go without the brand new cars and 3000 ft/2 houses that everyone seems to "need" now.

That said, my wife is a very sharp lady and has no time for the viewpoint that " a woman's place is in the house". A woman's place is where she, as a thinking human being, wants her place to be. One would HOPE that she would want it to be somewhere that she is uniquely well-suited: as "mom" in the early years of a child's life.

-jeff
Posted By: redmtn Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/22/08
My exact thoughts as well Jeff , and being a single parent raising kids has given me alot more respect for what women do around the home.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/22/08
Ain't THAT the truth. Since going into real estate a couple years ago (with a flexible schedule), and with Cyn back working, I am doing a lot more cooking and cleaning than I used to... PITA, relentless, thankless work, that! :-)

-jeff

The most consequential job (role) within mankind's activities is that of mother, nurturer. It's impact is spread out generationally, geometrically like the stone's ripples in a pond. The evidence of this for better and worse is evident to those with eyes to see.

Feminism, as secularists would describe it and as we've seen it, lies and cheats women out of their birthright.

Pardon the diversion.

Gdv
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/24/08
goodnews, agreed. Although, I would postulate that fault for the failure of "feminism" is much more on MEN, than women. We SUCK at doing what they do best, generally speaking.

Women should do what they want. In a perfect society, I believe (and so does my feminist wife) that what women should WANT, is to be high-quality nurturers.

Talking about women in general. In specific, every door that is open for a man, should be open for a woman who wants to walk through it. What I'm trying to say, put another way, is that CHOOSING to give up the role of nurturer for "stuff" (... what? A day job? Responsibility for half the mortgage on some ginormous McMansion?? a new car? Shiny things?) What is gained, really? ... at any rate, what is LOST is beyond count, when the bulk of women, by hook or by crook, end up working.

Sorry for the ramble..

-jeff

What's wrong with the woman working outside of the home? the Males largest mistake is for not embracing plural marriages...that way they could all work outside of the home as they chose, and we could spend our days ruling the roost..hunting and fishing...why not, it's the natural order of things. How many bucks do you see with only one doe?
That works great for the buck willing to put ALL his energies into keeping his does in line and fighting with his buddies... But the idea of only getting it for a couple weeks per year kinda sucks...
But we digress. Perhaps it's time to put the Kutenay thread to rest and do our rambling elsewhere.
Just a thought.
Posted By: redmtn Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/24/08
My theory is the largest and wisest old bucks never leave the high country to breed with the does as they know in the end it will be their downfall , maybe a lesson there.I say let the thread live as it has taken a few interesting turns.
Posted By: 340boy Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/24/08
I say let the thread live as it has taken a few interesting turns.

No doubt!
grin
Posted By: redmtn Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/24/08
smile , well it is a tribute to Kute is it not ?
Wasn't it Geist that found the biggest monster bucks to be slackers, uninterested in does at all? Then after a bad winter that killed almost all of the aggressive breeders the slacker "came" into his own and bred like a drunk rabbit...
I believe it was elk he refered, but probably deer as well. Shirker bulls and bucks???
Exactly! I remember it as a particular buck he referenced. I have his books that have the story and I will have to dig that out. Thanks for the prompt on that. I remember thinking he had nailed it with his description.
art
I read it ,too,Art.It's in the big coffee table "Mule Deer".
The only difference Kute,and a bunch of Canadians of our a age group is he openly voiced his objection.

In the late 60's we had the most progressive and resposible federal goverment in the history of Canada.They had to be,they were a slim minority.With the posperity of the 60's and without the foreign problems the US had,we babyboomers were a very optimistic and patriotic(Avro Arrow,WWII) nation. Somehow in the 70's we got lost,or more to the point we lost our optimism. I blame the deficits of the Trudeau/Mulrooney era. (notice Canadians always curse those two).The combination of immigration and drug culture also changed the law-abiding soceity in the cities to one of danger. The stray bullets of those living the easy fast life do kill the wrong people.Certain immigrant groups have a culture that can lead young males to adopt easy money over hard work.

If Kute had known Vancouver of the 60's,he would be much more outspoken!!
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter

And our current society isn't much different. We are manipulated by governments through taxation, which in itself is another form of slavery. They know exactly how much money you make, and how much disposable income you have. That is why a place like Prince George will consistently have higher fuel prices and taxes than other communities...because according to stats canada the residents have a higher per capita income. IN my opinion as long as we are forced to turn over a portion of our income to 'the man' we will never be free. Just like you don't own your own home, even if the mortgage is paid off, because you can lose it for not paying your property tax. Or, you cannot leave the country with your money [say over 10K??] that you earned, because it's illegal.

Slavery is slavery, and we just live with a different form of it now. It all goes back to the top dogs collecting the fruits of your labour, whether it be lord and serf or richman and workingman..

A salute to you sir from down south ... I've said the same words many a time. When I mention "renting" one's own property, and slavery by taxation, I get a lot strange looks of incredulity.

Incidentally, as far as the topic goes, I don't really know Kutenay very well (from a forum viewpoint, and not at all in person), so I don't have a bone in that fight. I would say having read the thread which inspired his exit, many things were said in poor taste and knee jerk fashion. Canadians, and BC citizens in particular, rightly have a sense of ownership in their own backyard and it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that local folks would get upset when outsiders butt in.
Dude, that's uncalled for.

The whole damned thread is uncalled for. What started out as a "where's Kute" thread has morphed into some good people showing their bad side.

I take Kute for what he is & who he is, if he ever becomes too much for me, I'll just skim his posts (as I have this thread) without need of resorting to insults of the man..

Kute can be out there, but guys like him (even when they rant) are what make life colorful and interesting.

Ya I know, I'm off the soapbox, just my 2 cents.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/31/08
I hope Kute comes back. Simple as that. I enjoyed his posts, didn't agree with some of what he says but then again, I'm sure that not everyone agrees with everything I say.

The campfire is better WITH many different viewpoints, than without them.

That said, having read this monstrous thread as well as the one about that guy Brian who got busted in Canada for game violations... I think everyone should take a breath and step back from the precipice a bit... we are, after all, all on the same side here. Plus that, in person around a real campfire I think we'd all get along just fine. Aside from a few fist fights.

-jeff
Posted By: ULA24 Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 05/31/08
This is getting worse than the word association game thread. People are posting just to up their tally.
Sure is quiet here on the CDN forum now. frown
Posted By: ULA24 Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 06/03/08
Don't any of the CDN folk know his phone number to see what's up? Seems it would be a real sin if something was wrong with him health wise, and no one called to know about it.
You'll find your answer right here. http://huntshoot.coastangler.com/hunting/f10/ive.had.enough-12285/
Posted By: ULA24 Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 06/03/08
Wow, strong opinions there. Seems a bit bitter at his southern neighbors.
Originally Posted by ULA24
Heard he sold off all his model 70's and mausers, bought an A-Bolt, and moved to Kaliforny.

Say it isn't so!
Never happen.

Anybody heard from him since this thread died out?
Here's his message, posted in early June, on a Canadian site:
I joined the Campfire some four years ago and found a LOT of really good guys there, however, many of them seem to have left and certain "know-it-alls" now run the show.

I have seen quite a few VERY serious, experience, B.C., Yukon and other Canadian hunters just leave the Campfire and not return and finally I decided in April that I had had enough of the BS there and logged off and will not return.

It may be that since the Campfire IS a commercial venture, the only opinions welcome are those that promote American jingoism and " manifest destiny", that is how it appears to me. But, it is too bad in many ways as there are some DAMM fine guys on the Campfire as well as some total azzholes. I do miss it, but, you are right in your decision, IMHO.

We Canadians NEED a gun forum of our own that is not full of "black gunner" infantile BS and foreign influences.
Oh well. I guess he's gone for good. I will miss his posts here.

I agree mostly Barkoff; I found Kutenay very knowledgeable if disagreeable at times but I'm sorry he left and hope he returns. The more knowledgeable and experienced guys from Canada here (or from that matter anywhere else) the better.

Gdv
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 06/26/08
I would think that the change in moderator would have an effect. IIRC Kute and Sitka Deer were not buddies.

And that's not a knock on either of them, just a general observation.

I had minimal interactions with Kutenay but really enjoyed some of his posts. It was a more interesting place with him around, I hope he comes back.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Anybody heard from him since this thread died out?

I used to periodically keep in touch with him here and on other sites by PM, but can't get a bite anywhere.

It's a mystery.
Posted By: redmtn Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 06/26/08
He did answer one of my pms on huntshoot but ignored me on the Kifaru forum smile
Posted By: las Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 06/27/08
So, where's Kute??? The guy's a blast. I've put the needle in him, and I miss him.

Try http://huntshoot.coastangler.com/hunting
He�ll probably spire with you but that site is pretty quite. Why don�t you tell him what you think of him, it�s probably better that way. Many of the fellas formerly on this site can be found there.
"I would think that the change in moderator would have an effect. IIRC Kute and Sitka Deer were not buddies."

Yup, now I can call BS without stepping on Rick's toes... I will not say a thing about anyone not here to discuss things firsthand, but the facts as previously presented are in the archives and speak for themselves. Anyone sign-reading-challenged should still get it pretty fast...
art
I thought ol' Kuter was a loud mouthed braggart/internet bully. I personally really enjoyed fighting with him!

Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Yup, now I can call BS without stepping on Rick's toes... I will not say a thing about anyone not here to discuss things firsthand, but the facts as previously presented are in the archives and speak for themselves. Anyone sign-reading-challenged should still get it pretty fast...
art

Pretty much the same reason we removed him from Gunnutz. Heck I even go check his old I.P. addy from time to time to make sure he didn't sneak in under a different name! smile
Kute re surfaced on another more local site just last night(early this AM). Perhaps he will put in an appearence here , but you never know.
Since somebody else raised the thread...good riddance.

A bitter pizzed off old man who likes to fight in cyberspace.
I like Kutes...Then again, I like lots of cantankerous people. laugh
I like him too, and agree with some of what he says.
Who's kute??? grin
Posted By: JYC Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 08/04/08
Well, he's been banned from a lot of places because of his um unconventional views, but then maybe, like me, he is just having login problems.
I finally created a new account. The system said my email didn't exist, but when I tried to re-register, it said it was in use by another user??
f'n computers!!
So yeah, it's me, John Y Cannuck.
And Kutenay where ever you are, we don't agree on lots of stuff, but we still both like to shoot. Drag your sorry ass on back here.
Kute is over at the Alberta Outdoorsman forums,but his posts there are much more toned down.I haven't seen a single racist post from him on those forums.
I can't believe anyone actually misses his tirades.
Posted By: UKdave Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 08/04/08
Yeah i miss him,seemed to have a lot of real time experiance,he also had some "interesting" views as well!!.
Come on back
Originally Posted by JYC
So yeah, it's me, John Y Cannuck.

There's getting to be alot of the old timers from CGN hangin' here now.

Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
I can't believe anyone actually misses his tirades.

I agree. Everyone just move on. The world has not stopped spinning.
Originally Posted by stubblejumper
Kute is over at the Alberta Outdoorsman forums,but his posts there are much more toned down.I haven't seen a single racist post from him on those forums.

I was going to say the same thing, his tone has changed to the point he jsut seems intelligent and experienced.
Now that is scary!!

He does have a lot to share. I thought he would be all over that thread about the BC hunting area for sale! smile smile
If everyone is on the same page then there is no arguements. LOL
Wonder if that's the case over on that website?
Most of Kutenay's flameup's involved selling BC's wilds to foreign interests, not much discussion on Alberta Outdoorsmen except about the outdoors. No political forum, thank god.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 08/16/08
Originally Posted by BackStraps
tell you what, that big mouthed fathead Kutenay doesn't wonder off the beaten path much. Has most of you fooled!!

[Linked Image]

Nice of you to the join the Campfire with such a classy first post........
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 08/16/08
Strong personalities make for a much richer and spicier stew... come on back, Mr. Kutenay. The stew is blander without you.
Originally Posted by 222Rem
Originally Posted by BackStraps

[Linked Image]

Nice of you to the join the Campfire with such a classy first post........

I'm failing to see the beaten path from that camera angle.
Posted By: jds44 Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 09/02/08
I'm failing to see the beaten path from that camera angle.

There's another picture in that series that shows he's really about 4 feet off a road...
Posted By: Murf Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 09/02/08
Ever been near a road yourself?

Kute seems to be over on Accuratereloading on the Canadian forum as well. Look for posts by Dewey. Sounds like our boy.
Posted By: Shag Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 09/03/08
He's doing just fine.
Posted By: 340boy Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 09/03/08
Shaq,
I am glad to hear Kutenay is doing well.
smile
Posted By: HawkI Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 09/12/08
Was he Terrence or Phillip?
[Linked Image]

That picture could have been taken right out of the back of a Waffle House! Looks like he's wearing a pair of "Sundy britches!"

Seriously, I enjoyed a lot of his posts. I became enamored by the BRNO ZG-47 under his influence a few years back and still am in the hunt for one!!
Originally Posted by OldCenterChurch
That picture could have been taken right out of the back of a Waffle House! Looks like he's wearing a pair of "Sundy britches!"

I know a fellow that does wear old wool "Sunday britches" for hunting in warm weather. They are cheep, warm enough and quiet.
Posted By: bearit Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 09/18/08
to my canadian brothers.....i miss his input on many issues although i'm not canadian....i'm not aware of the circumstances that may or may not have led to his departure but i can't help but to feel that we are worse off not having his opinions and experiences to help us along......good health and good hunting to my brothers in canada........bearit......
Look at the number of responses.He really was noticed.I bet with my moderate thoughtful postings,no one would ask what happened to me.It shows you something.
I know there are some internet ninjas who claim to have "outed" ol' Kute as something different from what he presents as. He certainly seemed to believe in the things he posted. Beyond that......
Originally Posted by Shag
He's doing just fine.

well ain't that a beatch, he don't even miss me frown

he's a cantankerous ole fart that loves his country as much as I love mine, and doesn't care for the direction it seems to be heading.

in a real campfire we might have come to blows if defending our respective countries, but I always had the feeling kute would have a beer with ya, whether you knocked out his teeth or him yours. maybe I'm wrong, just my take on him.

some good points in this thread; standard of living does not necessarily = quality of life

our poor are the envy of most of the worlds middle class, they are often fat, have cell phones and color cable tv but many are lazy and just using the gov't system to live off the fruits of others labors while breeding like rats cause it makes the checks bigger.

I knew poor people where I grew up that didn't have electricity, indoor plumbing or had even seen a tv. but they had something that many folks lack today, pride, independence, clear eyes, bodies lean from hard work, they may have not had much but they'd willingly share what they had for folks that worked as hard as they did but ran into bad luck. They were folks to ride the river with.

for you guys that get that, I thank you, for you guys that don't, you may be too young, or too soft or just don't care, and that's okay too I reckon, just the way the world goes, always has.

but please try and have some patience for us old guys that realize that daily life may have become easier in our respective countries, but not necessarily better from our perspective.

I enjoy many of the modern conveniences myself, but I miss the old days and old ways when our countries were strong because our people were strong if not as wealthy individually.

Posted By: EZEARL Re: Anybody heard from Kutenay? - 09/23/08
1akhunter,VERY WELL said! Almost sounds like your from here in WV.
Never had a problem with Kute and can relate to alot of what he says. I was watching the Baltimore,Md.and surrounding area of my youth in the 50's going to the pits so I got outta Dodge. As with Kute,I got my opinions as to why it happened but it'll serve no purpose to elaborate here as the damage is done. I'll just say that I've found that too many people who don't earn what they've got don't take care of it and have less respect for what belongs to others. Just because you don't have much doesn't mean you have to live in sub-human conditions. It just takes a little common sense along with a dose of self respect. Got more now than I had 30+ yrs ago but my family or anyone I could help never wanted for the basics:staying warm,not being hungry,and keeping a dry head.

til later
He's on vacation in Europe..
[Linked Image]
Kute occasionally posts on our Alberta Alberta forums, and yes, he is still winng friends and influencing people. ( grin)
You may not like him, but if you ask a question , you are bound to get an answer!
Cat
© 24hourcampfire