-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The only difference Kute,and a bunch of Canadians of our a age group is he openly voiced his objection.

In the late 60's we had the most progressive and resposible federal goverment in the history of Canada.They had to be,they were a slim minority.With the posperity of the 60's and without the foreign problems the US had,we babyboomers were a very optimistic and patriotic(Avro Arrow,WWII) nation. Somehow in the 70's we got lost,or more to the point we lost our optimism. I blame the deficits of the Trudeau/Mulrooney era. (notice Canadians always curse those two).The combination of immigration and drug culture also changed the law-abiding soceity in the cities to one of danger. The stray bullets of those living the easy fast life do kill the wrong people.Certain immigrant groups have a culture that can lead young males to adopt easy money over hard work.

If Kute had known Vancouver of the 60's,he would be much more outspoken!!

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter

And our current society isn't much different. We are manipulated by governments through taxation, which in itself is another form of slavery. They know exactly how much money you make, and how much disposable income you have. That is why a place like Prince George will consistently have higher fuel prices and taxes than other communities...because according to stats canada the residents have a higher per capita income. IN my opinion as long as we are forced to turn over a portion of our income to 'the man' we will never be free. Just like you don't own your own home, even if the mortgage is paid off, because you can lose it for not paying your property tax. Or, you cannot leave the country with your money [say over 10K??] that you earned, because it's illegal.

Slavery is slavery, and we just live with a different form of it now. It all goes back to the top dogs collecting the fruits of your labour, whether it be lord and serf or richman and workingman..

A salute to you sir from down south ... I've said the same words many a time. When I mention "renting" one's own property, and slavery by taxation, I get a lot strange looks of incredulity.

Incidentally, as far as the topic goes, I don't really know Kutenay very well (from a forum viewpoint, and not at all in person), so I don't have a bone in that fight. I would say having read the thread which inspired his exit, many things were said in poor taste and knee jerk fashion. Canadians, and BC citizens in particular, rightly have a sense of ownership in their own backyard and it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that local folks would get upset when outsiders butt in.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dude, that's uncalled for.

The whole damned thread is uncalled for. What started out as a "where's Kute" thread has morphed into some good people showing their bad side.

I take Kute for what he is & who he is, if he ever becomes too much for me, I'll just skim his posts (as I have this thread) without need of resorting to insults of the man..

Kute can be out there, but guys like him (even when they rant) are what make life colorful and interesting.

Ya I know, I'm off the soapbox, just my 2 cents.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I hope Kute comes back. Simple as that. I enjoyed his posts, didn't agree with some of what he says but then again, I'm sure that not everyone agrees with everything I say.

The campfire is better WITH many different viewpoints, than without them.

That said, having read this monstrous thread as well as the one about that guy Brian who got busted in Canada for game violations... I think everyone should take a breath and step back from the precipice a bit... we are, after all, all on the same side here. Plus that, in person around a real campfire I think we'd all get along just fine. Aside from a few fist fights.

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is getting worse than the word association game thread. People are posting just to up their tally.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sure is quiet here on the CDN forum now. frown

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't any of the CDN folk know his phone number to see what's up? Seems it would be a real sin if something was wrong with him health wise, and no one called to know about it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow, strong opinions there. Seems a bit bitter at his southern neighbors.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ULA24
Heard he sold off all his model 70's and mausers, bought an A-Bolt, and moved to Kaliforny.

Say it isn't so!
Never happen.

Anybody heard from him since this thread died out?

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Here's his message, posted in early June, on a Canadian site:
I joined the Campfire some four years ago and found a LOT of really good guys there, however, many of them seem to have left and certain "know-it-alls" now run the show.

I have seen quite a few VERY serious, experience, B.C., Yukon and other Canadian hunters just leave the Campfire and not return and finally I decided in April that I had had enough of the BS there and logged off and will not return.

It may be that since the Campfire IS a commercial venture, the only opinions welcome are those that promote American jingoism and " manifest destiny", that is how it appears to me. But, it is too bad in many ways as there are some DAMM fine guys on the Campfire as well as some total azzholes. I do miss it, but, you are right in your decision, IMHO.

We Canadians NEED a gun forum of our own that is not full of "black gunner" infantile BS and foreign influences.
Oh well. I guess he's gone for good. I will miss his posts here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I agree mostly Barkoff; I found Kutenay very knowledgeable if disagreeable at times but I'm sorry he left and hope he returns. The more knowledgeable and experienced guys from Canada here (or from that matter anywhere else) the better.

Gdv

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would think that the change in moderator would have an effect. IIRC Kute and Sitka Deer were not buddies.

And that's not a knock on either of them, just a general observation.

I had minimal interactions with Kutenay but really enjoyed some of his posts. It was a more interesting place with him around, I hope he comes back.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Anybody heard from him since this thread died out?

I used to periodically keep in touch with him here and on other sites by PM, but can't get a bite anywhere.

It's a mystery.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
He did answer one of my pms on huntshoot but ignored me on the Kifaru forum smile

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
So, where's Kute??? The guy's a blast. I've put the needle in him, and I miss him.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Try http://huntshoot.coastangler.com/hunting
He�ll probably spire with you but that site is pretty quite. Why don�t you tell him what you think of him, it�s probably better that way. Many of the fellas formerly on this site can be found there.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"I would think that the change in moderator would have an effect. IIRC Kute and Sitka Deer were not buddies."

Yup, now I can call BS without stepping on Rick's toes... I will not say a thing about anyone not here to discuss things firsthand, but the facts as previously presented are in the archives and speak for themselves. Anyone sign-reading-challenged should still get it pretty fast...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I thought ol' Kuter was a loud mouthed braggart/internet bully. I personally really enjoyed fighting with him!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Yup, now I can call BS without stepping on Rick's toes... I will not say a thing about anyone not here to discuss things firsthand, but the facts as previously presented are in the archives and speak for themselves. Anyone sign-reading-challenged should still get it pretty fast...
art

Pretty much the same reason we removed him from Gunnutz. Heck I even go check his old I.P. addy from time to time to make sure he didn't sneak in under a different name! smile

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 257 roberts, 49 invisible), 1,904 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,281
Posts18,525,586
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.