-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I haven't been around for awhile but why is Greenhorn posting Moosie's picture here?

Mickey

"Instead of getting married again I am just going to find a women I don't like and give her a house"
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Much like the US, your country is in deep pooh. By the time those of you, who bash Kute, realize it, it's likely to be too late.

So go on with it, and have a good time. You silly multi-culti types will see the error in your ways when you are watching your blood be spilled by those you embrace.

My advice is worth just what I charge for it.

Yeah, he's a racist for wanting to see his race enjoy the benefits of the country that they have built.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, he's a racist for wanting to see his race enjoy the benefits of the country that they have built.

Except for the fact that his race was not the only race that built this country.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't know what happened to Kute but I've read kute's stuff in the past and whether sometimes tongue-in-cheek I didn't always know due to it's "severity", but I certainly haven't always agreed with what he's said or how he's said it.

That said, I suggest some civility here and no more throwing stones unless of course "you" are without fault yourself. If you want to take up issues of him find him on another forum or wherever and do it "face-to-face".

These forums are not meant for Junior High cliques or "nah-nah-nah-nah" gossip/slander fests.

Gdv

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by goodnews

I don't know what happened to Kute but I've read kute's stuff in the past and whether sometimes tongue-in-cheek I didn't always know due to it's "severity", but I certainly haven't always agreed with what he's said or how he's said it.

That said, I suggest some civility here and no more throwing stones unless of course "you" are without fault yourself. If you want to take up issues of him find him on another forum or wherever and do it "face-to-face".

These forums are not meant for Junior High cliques or "nah-nah-nah-nah" gossip/slander fests.

Gdv

I can assure you that Kutenay was just about never "tongue in cheek" when he posted. He is a pissed off bitter man. The fact that he had knowledge about backpacking etc doesn't allow him to rip apart every ethnic group in Canada( including ones that have been here for a 100 years+) in every post and then make each one personal when someone disagrees doesn't make him a straight shooter.

The 24hourcampfire is a better place without him, at a real campfire kutenay wouldn't last 5 minutes without landing in it.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That said, I suggest some civility here and no more throwing stones unless of course "you" are without fault yourself.

In case you hadn't noticed,it was him that initiated the vast majority of the stone throwing in the form of his racist posts.Then when his racist views were challenged,he is the one that couldn't deal with it and left as a result.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Martin- and Stubble-

I think I agree with you both but you're missing my point here, not that either of you were the perpetrators. But two wrongs don't make a right.

If Kute is gone, there is no use in chasing down the trail throwing rotten tomatoes and shouting epithets after him.

I'm very aware of my own weaknesses and therefore understand their presence in others (that doesn't mean I don't think they're wrong or don't need to be changed) and am slow to judge harshly. I'm sure he had his strengths too - we know he did. He was very knowledgeable if not almost intolerably opinionated and perhaps this website was good for him. He could vent occasionally even if it was not PC.

Anyway, it is my opinion that when one has a beef with another, it should be taken up "face-to-face."

Gdv

edited to add: I just read Martin's post again and I assure you I also was sometimes shocked by Kute's rantings and when it came to anything other than camping, backpacking, and guns I thought he was mostly inappropriate.

Last edited by goodnews; 05/19/08.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anyway, it is my opinion that when one has a beef with another, it should be taken up "face-to-face."

Although Kute often threatened to meet people to take them on in a physical confrontation,I doubt that he would want to meet either Martin or myself for that reason.And neither of us started this thread,we just responded to posts made by others.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It wasn't your - or Martin's - posts that made me uncomfortable and I appreciate your response.

Gdv

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Kute's post made you uncomfortable? You mean he made you think?

He and I didn't always agree but we are from the same generation and have seen the same things happening in Canada. I hope he comes back as he always had an opinion.

Canada is not a better country than it was before Trudeau.

Mickey

"Instead of getting married again I am just going to find a women I don't like and give her a house"
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mickey

Canada is not a better country than it was before Trudeau.

This country went to hell in a handbasket with Sir John A McDonald running things...long before Trudeau came upon the scene. Sir John set up central canada [ontario] as the economic powerhouse by centralizing business/industry where his cronies could reap the profits...so take it easy on poor old pierre as his faults are nothing in comparison to our own John A.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So what was Canada like before John A.?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Before John A., well that depends on how far 'before' you want to look at?? Prior to confederation things were run by the Hudsons Bay Company eh? Before that things were run by the indian chiefs..powerful bands of the earliest inhabitants of Turtle Island.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This country went to hell in a handbasket with Sir John A McDonald running things...long before Trudeau came upon the scene.

Just so you know there was no Canada before John A.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by n007
This country went to hell in a handbasket with Sir John A McDonald running things...long before Trudeau came upon the scene.

Just so you know there was no Canada before John A.

Maybe not, but the 'occupation/colonization' of the territory [landmass known as Turtle Island] began before Sir John A. At least prior to confederation our pioneer ancestors never had to knuckle under to oppressive laws designed to make the rich richer at the expense of the common people...at least not to the extent that pirate instituted here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I suggest you read more carefully and don't insinuate concerning someone you don't know.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Many of you guys really do strike me as "glass-half-empty" kind of guys.

I'm a "wow-glass-is-half-full" kind of guy.

Canada has NEVER in recorded history been as well off. Most of the Canadians listed as "poor" today - are living lives that most people in the thirties could only dream about.

We have a standard of living today that is the envy of the world.

If course we have problems and things we can work towards making better. BUT - when you compare the lives we live in Canada today - versus the lives other people have lived, in other eras, and in other countries - we lives lives of incredible splendor.

It's not fair to compare the Canada of today with some mythical non-existent utopia - that never was.

Compared to REAL countries - in other real periods of history - Canada is a better place to live in now - than any other country, any place, at any time in history. The "good 'ole days" when viewed objectively - never were.

Some of you guys remind me of the "how-bad-the-world-is-today" guys who used to knock on my door, Bible in hand, until I put up a coded gate. Their historical ignorance of world history in part eras was astounding - to say the least.

Lighten up - and celebrate our greatness.

We have SO MUCH to be grateful for!

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep,

Lots of good things like 'gay rights' and white people becoming an irelevant minority,along with their Judeo-Christian traditions being marginalized as atheists force their world view down everybody's throat via public schools.

Opps,sorry,there for a moment I thought we were talking about the US. Carry on.

Britt

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
On a world-wide scale, white folks is a minority......

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KodiakHntr
On a world-wide scale, white folks is a minority......

YEP,

I just never thought we would be an endangered species in North America.

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 1234, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 153, 65 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,538
Posts18,472,802
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.