Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 39 of 1,842 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
That looks about right. The stump I had the block on was not nearly as tall as the one yours was on. but the results were the same.

What is the peice leanin' on the stump. it sure has a purtty mouth.

1886 Winchester 50-110. I shoot black powder in it. Only killed a black bear and a deer with it so far. Some day I'm gonna run into a giant bison, I just know it! smile

By the way, that stump is 55 yards from my kitchen window; I can't help it if my home is the best "deer camp" I've ever been to. smile

Last edited by DPole; 06/06/08.

There are many copies.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
looks like a "schlock-schlock-boom! schlock-schlock-boom! schlock-schlock-boom! schlock-schlock-boom!" stick?

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave
looks like a "schlock-schlock-boom! schlock-schlock-boom! schlock-schlock-boom! schlock-schlock-boom!" stick?

Dave,

I vaguely recall that beat from a movie Sherpa was contemplating making with a couple of bridesmaids in a rented storage unit. IIRC he encounterd numerous technical issues. Technicalitys like: you want us to do what? in a storage unit? with YOU? ON CAMERA? and the fact they rapidly sobered up.

But, back on point, How does one run a soundtrack on a pre 1900 silent movie? Or do you just hire a ragtime piano player to play over the whir of the projector?

Side note on Sherpular behaviors. Oh how mankind can better himself through technology.

Deer Camp 2006: The Mosin Nagant Bayonet Incident.

Deer Camp 2007: Man re-discovers fire and re-invents the wheel: Sherpa Kurt slays deer with Gaviidae Surplus Old School 7x57 (aka Shillelagh's Spare Parts Depot).

June 2008: GE resigns from 7mmExpressDeathCult and sells Sucks PB&J Fully Loaded to Sherpa in order to fund Left Hand Youth Rifle for newly legal 10 year old southpaw son. (Loonling). Note: Allowing 10 and 11 year olds to punch parents deer tags when in immediate supervision of said parent. ANOTHER thing the Minnesota Legislature actually got right this year.

Sherpa Kurt now plans to take field with .280 Remington 700 Mountain Rifle in CDL wood, bearing Talleys and a 6x42 Sightron Big Sky. As said fire stick religiously puts the first 140 TSX in the same spot every time and the optics turn man into an Owl-Bat for low light target acquisition ... it will take extreme levels of creative Sherpatude to continue legendary deer hunting follies antics. OK, equipment failure is no longer an option. Human error is a given.

At North Country Rendevous, we'll have to speculate on how to set up a pool/calcutta or the like to get all Nostradamus like on what is coming next.

GE

Last edited by Gaviidae_Esq; 06/06/08.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sherpatude.Now there's a thoughtful one.Gaviidae,your style is quite unique.
Le Grande field dressing(aka by pass surgery)of ole Stan is set for Thursday,June 12th.5 by passes.No shooting for months afterward.
Scared?No.Apprehensive to a high degree is more like it.I just felt like it was better to meet this head on rather than ignore it and be taken to the ER at 3AM one morning.
Keep the fire lit.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I heard the Bayonet Incident story live, for some strange reason, I thought that was many moons ago - not 2006! But hey, a bayonet is a timeless thing. Really have to admire one who eventually does what needs doing. When the going gets tough.....

North Country Rendezvous Eh? And fun shoot?

Stan,

Your courage is an inspiration. Best to get done what needs doing. I have several acquaintances who have bypasses and are doing very fine. My boss is one. He had a triple about four years ago. I've known him forever it seems, and gotta tell ya he looks and feels better than ever. Says he used to be so tired. Now he's the energizer bunny! We should give some thanks for the age we live in. The possibilities are really so much better than a short time ago.

Keep us posted. I'll be here for support if you look like you need it.

Craig

Wood is Good.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks Stan, but I have to give the props to our host Northern Dave. He coined the term "Sherpulant" - I am merely conjugating.

BTW, you get all healed. We'll be here while you are getting looked under the hood and the blood hoses realigned.

Just be glad you aren't in Hibbing for Dr. Cornholio to perform the honors.

Right 4 s ter?

GE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Definitely not for heart work. But if you need a circumcision, or maybe a nut snipping, I don't think others should have fear.

I've seen him gut a deer though. Sort of. At first I thought he was going so slow 'cause he was actually going to heal the dang thing. Then just realized he was a little sloppy.

In his defense, the nurses say he does really "pretty" baby peckers. Models them after his own, I think.

Craig

Wood is Good.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
grin

Does the nurse get to hold the model so he can copy it precisely? Maybe that is why they're so purrrty.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
grin

Does the nurse get to hold the model so he can copy it precisely? Maybe that is why they're so purrrty.

Good news is hospitals have enough tweezers, hemostats, etc. to handle such delicate work.

GE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
.....And microscopic viewing goggles.....

Craig

Wood is Good.
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
You guys crack me up.

Stan, ditto for what Craig said about people coming back from heart work looking better than they have for years. Not long ago a guy that works for me had a heart attack at work, we had an ambulance here & got him off on his way. They ended up putting 4 stints into him & when he was rested up & come back to work he looked better than I had ever seen him.

We will all be thinking of you this week and waiting to hear the good news, hope to hear of new found energy levels & all of that!!

Well it's been over a week now since we've been out to deer camp. I am part of a group that puts on a car show every June up in Roseau MN so we had that going on this weekend. It was a pretty good show, lots of hot rods, smoky burn outs etc, good time.

This coming weekend I'm taking my oldest boy & a bunch of his little buddies & probably some of my buddies & we're going to do a father son birthday sort of thing. We're celebrating a few days early but it's just easier to do on the weekends. The plan is to bring ATV's little motorcycles, mini bikes & that sort of thing out there & do some riding. My boy was born on my birthday 11 years ago so we share a birthday now which is pretty fun.

I better get to work here.

Later.
Dave

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Dave,

My son was born the day before my birthday, so we party together too. It is pretty cool. He was a nice fathers day present, and is my best little buddy. We celebrate our birthdays at the same time, so usually I have a Bob the Builder or a Hot Wheels cake but I can live with that. I've had enough bday cakes,so its his trun.

He'll be 3 next week and I'll be... well older. He told me he wants to drive the boat for his bday so I guess we'll be fishing this coming weekend. Man its tough but a dad's gotta do what a dad's gotta do right? Sounds like you guys have the same sort of weekend planed. Jack is a little small to have a wheelin' weekend...but not too much longer.

Tom

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Dave's birthday is the 18th so everyone remember to give him some crap! Happy Pre?-lated Birthday you 'ol timber scoundral!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Happy pre-lated birthday old timer. I don't think I'll be around here much on Wed. to bug you about the gray hair. I'll be up in Duluth.

My crazy wife is running in Grandma's Marathon crazy so we are headed up on the 17th(my b-day) to fish drink and let the kids play with Grandma and Grandpa.

I'll raise a glass for you on the 18th though and probably a few more sick through the day. I'll be fishing with Jack on the local trout streams, and then heading to the Deer Camp on Sat. after wifey finishes her self abuse whistle.

Here's to gettin' older brother.

Tom

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
alright then I'll be doing the same for you on the 17th Tom! Actually thinking of heading to duluth this weekend & postponing the father son deer camp party. Might take off this friday & head towards Duluth.

No grandmas marathon for me, I might be found at grandmas bar & grill supporting the efforts by hoisting suds but that's about it!!

older? I dunno? How bout more experienced?

grin

here's to ya!

Dave

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Happy Bday to ya men. Another year older and another inch wider! Never going to stop unless you quit eating so much and exercise more. Never.

Now, if this keeps going on, Mrs ND and Mrs Tzone gonna be the only people you trust to check the middle of your back for deer ticks.

I'm just saying.... laugh laugh laugh

Craig

Wood is Good.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey guys, any word from Stan?

He was scheduled for bypass surgery yesterday. I sure hope you�re ok Stan. We had a police officer friend go under the knife this week unexpectedly for his heart, quite a blockage he had. He came through the surgery very well & is on the mend now. Hope things went well for you Stan, thoughts & prayers are with you & we�ll be waiting very anxiously to hear from you.

Dave

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

better late than never...swish

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
shocking resemblance to myself.... grin

anyone seen stan yet??

stan bud, you there?

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm going with a prayer for Stan. It's probably hot down there. I pray for Stan and the air conditioning. Stan, if you're doing great, and it's not too hot, please, let me know it works!

Craig

Wood is Good.
Page 39 of 1,842 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,349 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,394
Posts18,488,821
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.