Print Thread
Hop To
R
rock42 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
this has always bothered me but it came to the front of my mind today when I went to a gunshop and indoor range to rent two pistols. I plan on getting a ccw permit when I turn 21. But I also think that a person should have a lot of experience with their sidearm before they go out in the world and carry it. So at 19 years of age, and adult supposedly I go to the range to testdrive a glock 30, and a kimber ultra carry to see which fits me better and which I shoot better. I found out that I am not allowed to rent a gun until I am 21. <BR>I have asked a lot of people and none have been able to give an adequate explanation. Why at 18 is someone considered to be an adult? But they are not entitled to every adult right given to United States citizens. I am allowed to vote, live on my own, be drafted and serve in the armed forces, but I cannot have a handgun, ccw permit, or consume alcoholic beverages among other rights that other adults have? <P>I think that either a person is an adult or they are not. If they can vote and live on their own they should be completely entitled to every right allowed.<P>Sorry about my rant but this really makes me mad. Also a lot of adults over 21 agree with me. what do you guys think? <P>

"and I ain't got no money but I damn sure got it mad cause I ain't askin nobody for nothing if I can't get it on my own. If you don't like the way I'm livin you just leave this long haired country boy alone"<BR>Charlie Daniels<P>"I got a shotgun a rifle and a 4 wheel drive and a country boy can survive" Hank jr.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rock42, -- welcome to the campfire. You are absolutely correct on all points and I for one are with you. If you are old enough to go into service and fight for this country you should have all rights, you pay taxes also, just like the rest of us. This is your country, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT BESIDES GRIPE! I have met my obligations for this country and I vote. Did you vote, are you registered, have you told your representatives???? Now it's your turn to shape this country or sit on your butt and gripe like many. Get your friends and mount your front, there are many just like you, facing the same problems. -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
R
rock42 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
registered, voted, and wrote all of my reps. I know it probably won't do much but I did my part.

"and I ain't got no money but I damn sure got it mad cause I ain't askin nobody for nothing if I can't get it on my own. If you don't like the way I'm livin you just leave this long haired country boy alone"<BR>Charlie Daniels<P>"I got a shotgun a rifle and a 4 wheel drive and a country boy can survive" Hank jr.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rock42, -- what do you suggest as the next step? That is what happens to 99% of the people, the system is so complex it's hard to get past the firewall. It's always somebody elses responsibility and we wind up with nothing done. Most give up. -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
What is the next step indeed? First, get every gun owner you know to join the NRA. As I have said in other posts, what politician wants to mess with 80 million people? Also, write and call your representatives frequently. If every gun owner does this, tehy will be swamped with calls and will know the will of the people.

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 65 invisible), 2,687 guests, and 1,410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,098
Posts18,483,058
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.