Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I don't have a horse in this race at all...but it won't stop me from putting in my 2 cents.

All of us who have spent any time cruising this board for goodies have seen many, many, many items priced at ridiculously high levels. Sometimes this is out of greed, lack of knowledge, guesswork, or simply putting the bait out there seeing if someone will bite or be willing to negotiate down.

As courteous fellow board members I don't think it is our place to call out a member in public regarding his prices. A little friendly guidance via a PM might help...or just make them angry. I look at a lot of boards and one rule that is always in place is no flaming someone's prices. They tend to get the idea when the item doesn't sell!

Again...just a few things I have learned from the great members on this board as well as others....carry on.

GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by RedboneT
Why DId you Pull you Two Adds . ?

Terry

RedboneT - What's your purpose on this site? Literally 95% of your posts are here on the Classifieds and you're trying to bust nuts?? Get lost you prick....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by poleman
Member's dont need to "police" this forum. If you see an item and feel that it's too much, move on, unless the person ask if any other member's feel that it's a fair price or not. An asking price doesn't tell any thing about a member. Response's to a post tell more about a member.

Very well stated.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I listed a scope here once that was priced high. I was POLITELY informed that I was $75-$100 high. The scope was worth more on the rifle than as a used scope, so I still have it. My skin was thick enough and the response polite enough. I never saw the original ad in this case.
Any item is only worth what you can get for it. If you don't like the price - move on - or haggle.

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Racer1
I don't have a horse in this race at all...but it won't stop me from putting in my 2 cents.

All of us who have spent any time cruising this board for goodies have seen many, many, many items priced at ridiculously high levels. Sometimes this is out of greed, lack of knowledge, guesswork, or simply putting the bait out there seeing if someone will bite or be willing to negotiate down.

As courteous fellow board members I don't think it is our place to call out a member in public regarding his prices. A little friendly guidance via a PM might help...or just make them angry. I look at a lot of boards and one rule that is always in place is no flaming someone's prices. They tend to get the idea when the item doesn't sell!

Again...just a few things I have learned from the great members on this board as well as others....carry on.
Good post, nicely put...

Hey, a guy can ask whatever he/she wants.. If it's too high (for whatever reason) keep movin' to the next one with nary a peep...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
So, what do you guys think about gas prices these days?

Jim
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
On some forums, running down people because of their prices will get you kicked off the forum. If you think something is priced too high, don't buy it.

NRA Endowment Member
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have gotten some really good deals on here, I now just laugh at the super high prices and move on.

ocassionaly I will pm the seller with an offer if I want it . or offer advice on their article, most apprericate it.

I still look at a rifle i bought here and admire it I haven't shot it its perfect and I don't want to scratch it..thanks guys. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by RedboneT
I have an Rem 700 LVSF 7 MM 08 Rifle I just Paid $ 375.00.00 new for the rifle an You want $ 250.00 ForL VSF 7 mm08 One barrel .

Terry

I want to know where you found a 7-08 LVSF for that price, and are there any more left?

I'd like some of that as well. I could go for two @ that price.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F
This seems to be a extremly touchy subject here. People want to try and get top dollar for thier ish.. I understand that, I dont want to give anything away either. (guilty plea). I think it has a lot to do with HOW the seller is told that their pricing is listed rather high.

Just the other day I pm'ed a member who had a action for sale $75-100 to high. I simply told him that it was priced a little high if he wanted an ice cubes chance in hell of selling it. He agreed and lowered the price.

Its like the king says in 300 (while muching on an apple) "Just because we are at war, doesn't mean we can't be civil."

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And writing a post in the classifieds calling people crybabies will get you a lot more sales. I thought this was a place to post stuff for sale, not a place to rant about BS.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by SMACK
For 375.00 I'll take 5.....

That's about what I was thinkin'......

I want a piece of that action too!

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Boys,
I think it is time to grow up and move on.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
laugh
I must say that I've been told more than once here that the stuff I was selling was awfully cheap and the guys said they'd buy 'it' just to flip it. That was not my purpose or original intention. I'd just was selling some things for what I paid for them years ago.

I don't have any use for 'scalpers' who's only input is to sell things here. Just my 2 cents.

Just apply the rule of 'cavate emptor' (spelling?)

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I try not to Do two things in Life.1-Price another Mans Stuff.2- Or Screw another mans wife.Both seems to make for lot of less hurt feelings in the end.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Mull,

Two things you TRY not to do? How's that been working out for you?

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Hay Guys Before You Jude Me You Need Both Sides .

Mr hotrodusa Post that he Had Two Barrels for sale . Knot this Post His First Post to sale his barrels .

He did knot like what member posted about his barrels . so he Double Posted an Put an New Post to sale his barrels . That is this Post . this Is Second Second Post to sale his barrels .

He did knot Like what menber said
So He is an Campfire Ranger So he changed his Post from barrels For sale to name it Cry babys .

He can do that because He is an Campfire Ranger .

You need to Reed the first post where you can Get all of the Story .

This is Hotdoduse .
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...owflat/Number/2242888/page/1#Post2242888

I do knot have any problem with hotrodusa . our anyone here .

But I am Geting Slamed . For putting my 2 Senci in .

I Bought my Rem 700 LVSF 7 MM 08 at Gun Brokers . It came up Buy Now an IBought it .

Have you ever Got an good Buy on an Rifle or Hand Gun .an All of you buddy wanted you to sale it to them For that Price .

Terry

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have bought and sold some stuff recently on this and a couple of other hunting boards. Myself I try to price and item fairly, but am not offended when someone PM's me to offer a lower price. It is then my choice to aceept the offer, negotiate or stay firm with my price. I agree with what some have said the public forum really isn't the place to negotiate the price on an item. Myself I have also made lower offers (but I think reasonable)on others merchandize by PM. Some say yes and some say no.. It's up to me then to decide what to do. I am not sure where this cry baby stuff came from, but I would think twice about doing business with someone who has that thin of skin. he is lucky he isn't is the used car business. lol

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
RedBoneT: I have no idea what you are selling or what you were asking for it - but as an adult if I think you are asking to much for a product that I want, I will not hesitate to offer you less for it!
And I will - as an adult - tell you both why I am offering you less and what I am willing to pay!
Thats what an adult would do.
If THAT offends you then YOU have problems!
If you are so easily offended by written words that you feel the need to issue blanket snide remarks to this forums posters then I suggest you are not adult enough to try to sell your items on line!
Sheesh!
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!
I won't be using a "PM" to tell you what I think of you!
I will do it publicly!
I have done so and I suggest you re-assess your maturity level.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A couple months ago I needed a LVSF .308 barrel and never did find one. If one would have turned up at $250.00 I would have bought it (and probably still would).
IMO, these are pretty damned good factory barrels, and I bet you'ld have double that into a stainless fluted custom.
Then again, I could be wrong.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 50 invisible), 2,196 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,339
Posts18,506,151
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.