Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NurseKat
WOW! That is truly amazing! I believe that can happen, I really do.
My renal failure is not from primary renal disease, but from an aggressive form of lupus which has literally invaded both kidneys and my eyes. I have WAYYYY too much immune system, so much so that my body attacks its own tissue. ITs tough on the ole kidney beans. But Im telling you..I get a chemo therapy treatment 3 or 4 times per year and i just keep clicking right along. As long as the left kidney holds out..Im cool. It is affected but not as much as the right.
A mean ass southern woman is hard to kill!! grin
Have you tried high doses of fish oil, or any other alternative approaches?

GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Originally Posted by BCBrian
The Bible is in TOTAL contradiction to the fossil record . . . .

Maybe the fossil record is wrong. It was put together by a man. blush

Brian-

A good share of the "missing links" have been proven to be outright frauds or misinterpreted. The ubiquitous illustration in many of the biology texts we grew up with showing an amorphic blob of life, changing in stages through reptilian, early mammal, and finally to homo erectus was admitted to be a fraud years ago. Just a few examples of trying to put forth a dogma.

No, there is no consensus concerning the whole fossil record conflicting with Biblical accounts.

Good Monday morning all grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barak
After being diagnosed with lupus, I began pondering my own feelings about death. [...] But until that old grey horse comes riding...I will keep puttin my lipstick on everyday like nothing is going on.

My mother has lupus. Her attitude is much like yours, except for the lipstick.

Jim and the children have made solemn vow that I will be kept pristine should the time come that I can no longer do it for myself. (I know, I know...its the little things that comfort me. ) LOL

"Courage is Fear holding on a minute longer."
-Gen. Patton
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm definitely not fearful of death, and it's easy to die for Christ but more difficult to live for Him .... that would be a more appropriate question .... why is it so hard to live?

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
WOW! That is truly amazing! I believe that can happen, I really do.
My renal failure is not from primary renal disease, but from an aggressive form of lupus which has literally invaded both kidneys and my eyes. I have WAYYYY too much immune system, so much so that my body attacks its own tissue. ITs tough on the ole kidney beans. But Im telling you..I get a chemo therapy treatment 3 or 4 times per year and i just keep clicking right along. As long as the left kidney holds out..Im cool. It is affected but not as much as the right.
A mean ass southern woman is hard to kill!! grin
Have you tried high doses of fish oil, or any other alternative approaches?

No, I leave it all to the oncologist...who is into alternative medications but says that my chemo will react with a lot of the herbal stuff.

-Gen. Patton
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by isaac
How does one feel fire flood all over them, Britt??

That's the best I can do Bob,how did the bush feel when Moses saw it? Sorry but words are not always enough.

Britt

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=NurseKat]I gotta tell ya...my life is so crazy that I cant even imagine trying to tell another what to/not to believe in. Good thing Jesus keeps fools and babies near the cross or i would be in a world of trouble. I was raised in STRICT denominational religion. I was crushed when I was banned for getting a divorce from an adulterous (and that's being kind) man. I hated God for a long time. But over the years, I have mellowed back into what I TRULY believe in. Noone can change that.

Hey, Lady

Don't blame God for mans' laws. There is quite a difference.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by goodnews
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Originally Posted by BCBrian
The Bible is in TOTAL contradiction to the fossil record . . . .

Maybe the fossil record is wrong. It was put together by a man. blush

Brian-

A good share of the "missing links" have been proven to be outright frauds or misinterpreted. The ubiquitous illustration in many of the biology texts we grew up with showing an amorphic blob of life, changing in stages through reptilian, early mammal, and finally to homo erectus was admitted to be a fraud years ago. Just a few examples of trying to put forth a dogma.
The only thing I can remember from my biology text books when I was a kid that even remotely resembles what you're talking about was that illustration of how ontology recapitulates phylogeny. Is that what you are talking about?

[Linked Image]

You have to wonder, if all those species didn't have a common ancestor, why they start out looking almost identical. In fact all of them have gill slits at an early stage. In fish and amphibians, they become gills, but for the rest, they just fade away. Now why would a pig or a man need gill slits?

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Oh, come on, Isaac! Are you calling the man a liar.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I asked how something like that is felt, Hawkeye. You read into it what you want but don't play games with me with nonsensical comments such as that.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

NurseKat-

My wife's immune system is apparently bored too so decided on "a little sideline" called rheumatoid artheritis.

I can emphathize.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by isaac
Oh, come on, Isaac! Are you calling the man a liar.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I asked how something like that is felt, Hawkeye. You read into it what you want but don't play games with me with nonsensical comments such as that.
If I misinterpreted the intent of your question, I apologies.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
[quote=NurseKat]I gotta tell ya...my life is so crazy that I cant even imagine trying to tell another what to/not to believe in. Good thing Jesus keeps fools and babies near the cross or i would be in a world of trouble. I was raised in STRICT denominational religion. I was crushed when I was banned for getting a divorce from an adulterous (and that's being kind) man. I hated God for a long time. But over the years, I have mellowed back into what I TRULY believe in. Noone can change that.

Hey, Lady

Don't blame God for mans' laws. There is quite a difference.

God's laws were never even part of the equation. No blaming...just a lot of hurt from people I didnt expect.

-Gen. Patton
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Furprick
most don't believe their own BS. Now if you strap a bomb to yourself and walk into a crowded market and blow yourself and others up, just to get a crack at 72 black eyed virgins, then you are a believer. Besides its , religion, just a tool for strong people to rule the weak.

Ever hear of The Crusaders?????Knights Templar????They were Christians unafraid of death.Death is not to be feared.The unknown is.If you have faith,the unknown is not feared. smile

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
About the only thing I can remember from what little I read of world history was a quote from some famous Roman leader. His words were "it seems strange to me that men should fear death, a necessary end, knowing that it will come when it will come." These guys were born to die; I was born to live forever with my Lord and God.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
"Until then, I had feared dying for one specific reason � that I might not meet it like a man, that a shameful fear would show. Instead, dying seemed worth no worry at all as far as I was concerned. My one regret was that my dying, that way and so far from home, would cause my family great anguish. I felt intense relief that I could die so calmly, so casually." (from "A Brownie Got Me")

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Doctor Howell,

Thanks. That was good.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Right on, Huntz!

Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If prayer heals, why doesn't God heal amputees?

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tod

God makes no promises concerning our life here on earth. His promise is eternal life with Him for all that accept His son, Jesus as their saviour. After all, God allowed him to be crucified on Calvarys' cruel cross for the sins of all. Too bad that so many people have chosen to turn their back to God and desire to spend eternity in Hell.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tod

Prayer doesn't heal. God does, but not automatically, nor as an obligation.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,008 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,879
Posts18,479,058
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.