Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You good folks step all over yourselves trying to sort it all out.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by isaac
She intimidates me!!

shocked Why do I intimidate you? I certainly don't mean to... C'mon, Bob. You know you can disagree with me and I still love you.

The real thing is that you're such a gentleman that you don't like to publicly disagree with me. wink You're quite a guy.

We should have a phone conversation sometime... laugh

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rrroae
I like being ornery and mischievous but around Penny,...it just ain't fun.

Aw, c'mon. I enjoy "mischievous" as much as the next guy. I wouldn't want to quash that tendency in anyone... [Linked Image]

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by isaac
You good folks step all over yourselves trying to sort it all out.

Just tryin' to be helpful....but Christians are no better or worse than anyone else. The only good we have is Jesus for without Him we are plumb sorry.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Being a Christian doesn't require the belief in any of the above.

Hawk, you are so right!!! Being a Christian is a RELATIONSHIP, not a religion. It is a relationship with God and His Son, Jesus Christ. It is the acceptance of Christ's atoning death on the cross for our salvation.

Everything else is just additional "stuff," legalism added by man, that confuses the issue.

God exists. He saved my life a month ago. I live to serve Him. He is the joy and happiness in my life.

Penny

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn
Being a Christian doesn't require the belief in any of the above.

Hawk, you are so right!!! Being a Christian is a RELATIONSHIP, not a religion. It is a relationship with God and His Son, Jesus Christ. It is the acceptance of Christ's atoning death on the cross for our salvation.

Everything else is just additional "stuff," legalism added by man, that confuses the issue.

God exists. He saved my life a month ago. I live to serve Him. He is the joy and happiness in my life.

Penny
Lots of us are glad he chose to keep you among us, Penny.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lots of us are glad he chose to keep you among us, Penny.

Me, too. I love you guys. wink

Penny

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Aw, c'mon. I enjoy "mischievous" as much as the next guy. I wouldn't want to quash that tendency in anyone... [Linked Image]

Penny

I had an Aunt who passed away several years ago. She was without a doubt the dearest person I've ever known.

When we were young and would get into some mischief at her house, she wouldn't yell or raise a hand. Instead she'd look at you with a smile and say, "now you're too good of a boy to be doing that, I'm disappointed in you".

The shame and guilt you felt because of how good she was hurt way worse than any whippin you might get.

That's why, I'd much rather feel Bart's, SteveNo's or Issac's venom than to feel your dissapointment.

lol

....darn good people.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It's isaac...like in your Bible!! Ya' big dummy!!

Last edited by isaac; 07/15/08.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
lol

Sorry bud.

The bad part is I proofread my posts and I still make numerous spelling and grammatical errors.

Just not my strong suit.

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You know I was kidding, right trips?

If you knew what I was really called about a hundred times a day, you'd know a misspelling of my middle name doesn't bother me in the least.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
lol

Yeah I know.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I prefer the more traditional CFB season spelling of Isuuc, if that helps you out any rrroae.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Redistribute my work ethic, not my Wealth!!!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When we were young and would get into some mischief at her house, she wouldn't yell or raise a hand. Instead she'd look at you with a smile and say, "now you're too good of a boy to be doing that, I'm disappointed in you".

Okay... you've really got my number. That's how I handle the inmates in prison! grin

Penny

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Okay... you've really got my number. That's how I handle the inmates in prison! grin

Penny

With or without pepper gas?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can hear the Judge now, "Alright Carl, you've been convicted. Now since your a first timer, we'll give you the choice of 5 years hard labor, or we can call Penny in to tell you she's disappointed."

Carl-"Give me the 5 years, Boss."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Redistribute my work ethic, not my Wealth!!!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
lol

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Okay guys take break. You will be all tuckered out when I post Bob's question next Sunday. grin

Keep your head down and your powder dry!!!

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 257_Roy
I can hear the Judge now, "Alright Carl, you've been convicted. Now since your a first timer, we'll give you the choice of 5 years hard labor, or we can call Penny in to tell you she's disappointed."

Carl-"Give me the 5 years, Boss."

That's about it... Those guys would rather cut off their right arm than have me disappointed in them. For many of them, it's the first time anyone has actually cared about them, treated them decently, and respected them. They most certainly do not want to disappoint that person!

I had a guy from my class who was released on parole. He showed up for a few weeks at the ex-offender ministry that Barak and I do on Saturday evenings. He got two jobs and a place to live. It seemed to me that he had it made. But then he picked up a woman one evening, stole her purse and her car, and took off.

Of course, they caught him... parole violation (big time), back in the slammer. It took him probably a month before he could bring himself to come to the education area and look me in the face. He's still ashamed of what he did.

But some guys simply are happier inside where decisions are made for them... they've been in so long they're institutionalized.

Penny

D
Dew Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
"I cannot accept blind faith."

Everytime you drive in your car or fly on an airplane you "accept blind faith" that you will get where you want to go.

Looking for a new GPS for 2010?
Try the Bible.
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1minute, 1941USMC, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,883
Posts18,518,231
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.