Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 35 1 2 3 4 34 35
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Tod:

Her husband is a working stiff, too. Commercial fisherman and BP oil field worker. He counterbalances Biden's roots in the working class.

The fact that Palin is married to a working guy and not a wealthy real estate developer, for example, helps her look good.

- Tom

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She is a babe, every red-blooded man's dream wife and the kind of woman other women can like.

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, Palin is an Alaskan stud?

All American

All the time
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So, we have the new guy, a senator who delivers a good speech loaded with the old failed liberal solutions. He's teamed with another insider senator who has served for a long, long time, and no one has ever caught fire for him...

Versus...

an old guy who until now was loved by the Democrats and the media, and who has a record as a non-partisan Republican. He's teamed with an attractive outsider who will appeal to the Republican base.

If, as O'bama says, the problem with Washington is inside Washington, then why wouldn't the obvious choice be the maverick with the outsider?

I like McCain's chances with Palin.

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Great pick by the GOP. I'd love to see Biden act like a "bulldog" (as he's commonly referred to by the media) with Palin. The republicans know the dems will have to tread lightly on this one.

Glad to see the republicans running a smart campaign here.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
holy smokes where's a link?

never thought they'd have the balls to go there!

heads up guys, she's ridden the rocket ship to politics, from Wasilla mayor, to governor of 600K people to VP candidate?

I'm hopin it doesn't go to her head, and I like the odds of it not happening.

she'll have a lot of unpleasant things to learn about the Beltway
crowd.

but imo, she's a decent woman and a conservative, she may have been selected on a pure political gambit, but the GOP just got a shot of something good if it's true!

if you believe in it, pray for her, she's a good woman from what I've gleaned and she could be very good for our country if she can stand fast by her principles and not get caught up in politics as usual.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
YEEEEEEEEEHA Brilliant choice John McCain!!!! This election was just decided!!!! Obammy is a footnote now!! 163bc

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am concerned like jorge, but I can live with it. I think she is going to have to show her domestic policy skills very quickly. Already MSNBC has "under state investigation" as one of its bullet points.

Edited to add:

I do have to give McCain high marks in the guts department. He didn't take the safe path.

Last edited by Cheyenne; 08/29/08.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
As Dad used to say when he was surprised: "Well I'll be dipped in chit!!!"

Cool!!!

Battue

Last edited by battue; 08/29/08.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My experience with women, especially ugly women (dims)...... Palin is the kind of women they hate.....I'm not sure a conservative looker pulls Hillary voters.

I'd hate to be one of her children, most mothers with 5 have different priorities.

All American

All the time
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O'bama who?

If the Democrats pursue issue of the "state investigation," it won't get much traction. For one thing, most Americans won't understand, and for another, the McCain campaign will have fleshed that out enough to give a coherent response. Besides that, the worst Sarah Palin can be accused of is belated action. This will be a non-starter, and pursued too vigorously will make the Democrats look bad.

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stan V
My experience with women, especially ugly women (dims)...... Palin is the kind of women they hate.....I'm not sure a conservative looker pulls Hillary voters.

I'd hate to be one of her children, most mothers with 5 have different priorities.

You bring up two good points. The group charged with being the attack dogs will be the radical feministas. But that might make Palin look even better to average Americans.

Steve

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Not all of Hildabeast votes, but hopefully enough.
Female, mother of five, pro-life, NRA member, hunter, breath of fresh air, etc, that's a pile of swing votes.

Battue

Last edited by battue; 08/29/08.

laissez les bons temps rouler
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think she is a great choice and a kick in the gut to Obumble/Biden. Her will to stick by her principles in governing will give many comfort against a perceived lack of experience. WTG,IMO.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It's a freaking "inspired" choice! It just reinforces that the democrats are good at checkers, while the Rupublicans love chess!

She has easily as much experience as Obama AND she's run a huge state for as long as Obama has run his mouth.

By the time she's ready for the top job in 4 years, her credentials will be better than anything the dems can field.

Iraq is improving

The economy is not in the tanks despite the oil prices

The conservative movement about drill now is taking hold

The economy will grow as a result of additional tax breaks

The illegals are exiting in droves as the federal enforcement picks up

Unemployment will again reverse toward minimal

The dems have absolutely nothing to offer working people who are the majority

It's inspired.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Well, she may just be the first Woman Vice President this Country has had, she will also be the best lookin' one too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let's hope McCain survives the election, if he doesn't, how does she look to y'all then?

Don't read anything into that, just saying....wouldn't she change your 'feelings' at the top of the ticket? Cause, that's all I'm reading, feelings.

All American

All the time
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stan V

ain't no surprise that we disagree on things Stan. (grin)

but I'd much rather more children of medium to big families be exposed to a mother like SP than what most kids with 4-5 siblings seem to get. and maybe most is a bad word to use (no offense intended to families that enjoy children and will raise them), but she sure beats the heck out of the welfare mom, multiple kid scenario

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by isaac
FOX just confirmed!!
He could hardly have made a better pick. Makes it an exciting ticket, and will help him sure up conservative support.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Exactly what we need at this critical juncture in time: an obscure GOP hottie soccer mom best known for her enthusiastic approval of 'drill, drill, drill'... the hell is this world coming to?

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Page 2 of 35 1 2 3 4 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 47 invisible), 2,769 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,631
Posts18,474,261
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.