Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 34 35
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
She'll do great and you'll find yourself gazing into her eyes..... (grin)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Obviously CNN has some mental lightweights. The PRESIDENT is the one who needs the experience. The VP is the one who is on standby (and gaining experience by the day while in office).

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can see it now -- that traditional picture of the President that gets ignored in schoolrooms and libraries will be joined by a picture of Sarah Palin. Elect McCain/Palin, put her picture beside his, and her picture will be everywhere.

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Once out of the cities, Americans everywhere are grounded.....befoe Palin the thinking here was McCain was sweeping the election. And I agreed. McCain has this won and I don't think someone as green as Palin rates the VP spot....she has no foreign policy experience, she has no military experience, has she ever been outside of Alaska? Take the 'she' out and what have you got? An Alaskan girl that kicks azz? HEHE

All American

All the time
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Between Obama, Biden, McCain and Palin, Palin is the only one with experience in running something beside their own campaigns and their mouths. She is an executive responsible for running a state government, meeting payrolls and preparing budgets. The other three are all from the Senate "talk, posture, berate and argue" club, and not responsible for a single outcome.

I think she is the best, and most experienced, of the four! And she is right(in both senses of the word) on the issues.

Case closed.

Steve

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
Obviously CNN has some mental lightweights. The PRESIDENT is the one who needs the experience. The VP is the one who is on standby (and gaining experience by the day while in office).

Right. Dan Quayle (arguably a little more experienced than O'bama) didn't do any damage to George H.W. Bush, a president with a thorough resume.

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Wonder if her husband brings any of the native vote with him?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As a group, we're relatively easy to please. Give me something that is good and looks good, and I'm good......

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ivan
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I'm not happy...jorge

What are your reservations?

She's too inexperienced & too young and believes in man-made global warming. Also, I just have issues with women as mothers/C-in-C. I would have preferred Romney over both, but I can certainly live with it and I certainly hope I'm proven wrong on my concerns.jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Hell, her parents were out caribou hunting and were told to came back and listen to the radio.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Can't log onto several right leaning Blogs..... I don't think it's a cyber attack... I think everybody in their right mind is celebrating and filling up all the roomgrin

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I don't think he likes voting for anyone with bigger balls...

Well as a CWO in the shallow water civilian navy, it doesn't take much to impress you. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Here is a Palin ad that features her firing an AR 15.... I'm guessing this is a first too.

http://michellemalkin.com/

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stan V
Once out of the cities, Americans everywhere are grounded....

well whaddya know we do agree on something! (grin)

when she was running against Murkowski for governor, we heard the same, lame excuses, "not enough experience, untested"

exactly why I wanted to vote for her, I'm tired of politicians, give me some real folk every day all day!

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I honestly didn't think McCain was smart enough to realize the wisdom of a Palin pick.

Hawk, you just can't stand it can't you? He's a Naval Aviator, and a graduate from the USNA. I don't know what your bona-fides are, but I'll put McCain's up against yours anyday. jorge

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
she will be hands down best looking vp in history

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Randy, Alaska gov ain't the world stage.......

All American

All the time
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The mother/CIC thing doesn't bother me at all. I think the next few days will be critcal. If the public perceives this is just a gimmick, it could backfire. The lack of foreign policy experience is a negative.

However, given his "maverick" nature, I don't see McCain as picking someone just to "secure the base" or "the woman vote" or whatever. I mean, we were worrying up to the last minute whether he was going to pick Lieberman! So, we have to figure she was well vetted, and his handlers have been bringing her up to speed on the issues where she needs help.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
One thing for sure, it has certainly sucked all the life out of the Obama speech coverage. Nobody�s talking about it. Nicely played.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wonder when the first polls will come out on this. Not that it matters, but it could be interesting.

The McCain campaign needs to be very aggressive in getting the public familiar with Palin.

Steve

Page 5 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1beaver_shooter, 257 roberts, 12344mag, 204guy, 257wthbylover, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,283 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,505
Posts18,509,246
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.