Page 11 of 35 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 34 35
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Who messed up the thread bandwidth??

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by isaac
but I don't think she'll make a difference in the voting.

According to blogging sites and the enormous amount of e-mails Fox, alone, is getting, she's already made a difference.

Anyone who watches FOX is already a McCain supporter.

Like I said,..he broke even with the pick.

Wrong again. It is a FACT, indpendently verified, that the Fox news audience is 39% democrap. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Maybe she will slow down on having the kids since the nights aren't so long in DC. smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd say I'm pleased with McCain's choice for VP, the only two persons I particularly cared for were Palin and Jindal. I understand she may not be as well known as some but, she's a step in the right direction for the Republican party. A true conservative, imagine that. I really think she'll help connect the GOP with younger voters, she bridges the gap between Father Time and Generation Y.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Borealis Bob
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Ivan
I'm not happy...jorge

What are your reservations?

She's too inexperienced & too young and believes in man-made global warming. Also, I just have issues with women as mothers/C-in-C. I would have preferred Romney over both, but I can certainly live with it and I certainly hope I'm proven wrong on my concerns.jorge

Your concerned that someone might think twice about committing our youth to combat? Just maybe, ya know, think matters through a bit?

BTW, being a mother didn't keep Maggie Thatcher from sending her boys to the Falklands and kicking ass.

Maggie Thatcher was one in a million. I'm a firm believer in the "Bell Curve" and I'm just not that comfortable with emotion-based decision-making. And like I've said, I hope I'm proven wrong. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sarah Palin is an excellent choice for VP by McCain. Things are gonna get real interesting...

μολὼν λαβέ
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
You don't think Obammy's team will be sending the brothers to Alakska in Sept/October to try and get some dirt on Sarah,do you?

It gets cold by then,right??

Last edited by isaac; 08/29/08.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Jorge
"Well as a CWO in the shallow water civilian navy, it doesn't take much to impress you."

As someone without personal military experience (my father retired as an AF bird col) but with much experience with CG activities I think your comment is chickenshit.

My experiences with AF jet jockeys have been "special" and not impressive in any positive way...
art

Try again Ace. I'm no AF "jet jockey" and with all due deference to my USAF brethren,they're a hell of a lot more impressive than whatever the [bleep] you do...jorge

Last edited by jorgeI; 08/29/08.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I just got the news,a bold stroke that will put a real woman with conservative values on the ticket.

How can we not be better off now?

She is everything Obama is not,his superior in every category,courage,race relations,character,and values.

McCain should serve for four years and then step aside to let her take the oval office.

God Bless America and God Bless Mrs. Palin,I hope my daughter grows up to be like her. Contrast her as a role model with Mrs. O.

Now lets get off our butts and our checkbooks and send them some cash so they can put the left out of buisness in this one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bristoes left the building he must be over on the left wing blogs licking his wounds.

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
McCain's going to have a difficult time trying to play off of Obama's inexperience now.

His running mate is the governor of a state with a total population about the size of the metropolitan area of a medium sized eastern city.

First you say she's "window dressing" and now you try to ding her on her inexperience. You must be on your second bottle. BTW, the population of Alaskais only about 100k smaller than Delaware, yet I didn't see squawk about Biden. Oh wait I forgot, you're a democrap...jorge

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I guess I'll vote for McCain now. He made a good choice.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, now I have a reason to vote for McCain where before I didn't. She is a Conservative. Thats what it needs. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Popapi
I'm not happy...jorge
You shouldn't be Mr. Jorge...

But if you read the rest of my posts, I am in complete support. Tell you what, just raid that Union Chest of yours and how about a "C" note that McCain crushes the Marxist? jorge

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Didnt take long to update the webpage http://www.johnmccain.com/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Popapi
I'm not happy...jorge
You shouldn't be Mr. Jorge...

Popapi, Jorge will adjust quite well as this expedition unfolds. YOU however are going to have to have ALL sharp objects taken away from you. Your posting yesterday indicates that you are going to vote for Osama Obama along with that little scrunge GPA. You KNOW that you are about to get yer asses kicked big time and that Obama will be relegated to running for dogcatcher in Chicago grin.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I�ve lived in Alaska for forty-two years and don�t remember any governor who is as well respected as Sarah Palin. What she might lack in experience will be made up in integrity.
I�ve only seen her twice and talked to her once, both times at a gun show.

"Alaska... Where men are men and women win the Iditarod".

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
My Northern Va campaign work will intensify with this selection.

This will put a huge crimp on the Va numbers. I can see the Va polling numbers significantly changing by the end of the holiday weekend!

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calvin
I see her as the closest to "one of us" that it could be. She shoots, hunts, fishes, is conservative, and hasn't been ruined by washington. A woman like Palin is a breath of fresh air for a conservative guy like myself.

100% spot on!

Hillary must be fuming over this choice and her supporters may think twice about voting for Obammy! grin

This was a calculated move to throw Obammy off his game and I'll bet he is concerned, he certainly should be.

I'd like to see a debate between Palin and Biden in the near future!

Biden to the woodshed! smile

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Much about leadership is allowing those around you to succeed. Setting them up for success and allowing them to be empowered. When the time comes for tough decisions the leader makes them but the leader is also surrounded with good people. They are in a position to pick the people around them, the people that will make daily decisions, that will lead.

I'm in a position where I not only enforce policy, I create policy. I haven't had the opportunity to pick the folks that work for me, but I have allowed them to succeed. You want people around you that will make decisions and they will make these decisions knowing you are behind them 100%. We, as a unit, have achieved some wonderful records and it isn't me, it's the wonderful men in my charge that have done it all. I ensure they have what they need to accomplish their job and buffer them the massive amount of 'stuff' that comes along.

I'm fortunate to have had these men in my charge, I can only imagine how much success someone (the President of instances) can have when they are allowed to PICK the people around them. Of course not all people in leadership positions are leaders and it's their inability to pick correctly and foster those in their charge is what frightens me (Obama for instance).

It's fun watching people with no leadership abilities discuss picking a leader, it's scary watching a person with no leadership qualities in a position of leadership.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 11 of 35 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 68 invisible), 2,620 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,518
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.