Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 35 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 34 35
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
Why do I keep hearing a line from the movie Forrest Gump in my head??

"Sorry I ruined your black panther party".

Mike

Excellent!

All American

All the time

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is an interesting site with loads of factoids and newsreels

http://www.vpilf.com/

Last edited by Ivan; 08/29/08.

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
Thinking of the VP matchup of Biden vs. Palin, I didn't think Biden was a good choice for O'bama, and I think he is even a worse choice now.

I think Biden was chosen in the expectation that McCain would pick Romney or Pawlenty because he could beat up on them. Palin's selection changes that equation considerably.

Steve

Never under estimate the big mouth on Joe Biden. He's had both of his feet in it several times over the years. I look to our buddy Joe to do it again and to sign the final death stroke to the Obama/Biden ticket.

At least if they lose bad enough the conservatives may get their chance to throw the left out of the party it would be a real win win for America.

Have to say I was tickled to no end when Obama choose the mouth.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 08/29/08.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wasn't there a famous western teeeveee series called "HAVE GUN, WILL TRAVEL. WIRE PALIN, D.C." wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't forget to vote as many Repub. US House and Senate members in as you can, in your local state elections.

Don't send McCain and Palin to DC, with a Dem. controlled House and Senate. We don't want to send them, with their hands tied behind their backs. It'll be the same old stuff, with two Repub's in the WH, and no power on the floors of Congress.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stan V
I'd hate to be one of her children, most mothers with 5 have different priorities.

What an absolutely ignorant thing to say! But I suppose I'll read further and hope some others called you to task. mad

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I am sooooo very happy with McCain's choice!!!!! Wooohooooo!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Basically, she's window dressing,...and will only appeal to those who are already McCain supporters.

I disagree. I wasn't planning on voting for either Obama or McCain, and now I will probably vote for McCain... because of Sarah Palin.

I may be the only one... but then again, I may not...

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Interesting Penny; whats your thinking that gives ya the push?

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Huntr

I think there were better choices out there but have to admit this is a little bit inspired. Overall, the only policy that bothers me about the McCain/Palin campaign is the belief in man-made climate change. I have high hopes that is a belief that will not be born out in policy.

Other than that, I'm assuming the sound I heard in the car today was the high pitched scream of Hillary going high order. grin

It'll be a pleasure to vote in Nov.

Last edited by Pugs; 08/29/08. Reason: grammer

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Palin will have no impact on McCain's administration whatsoever.

She's just window dressing.

Why is it that when a woman is attractive, men just assume that she has nothing else to offer? This kind of attitude just makes me see red faster than anything... mad

You guys wonder why Hound Girl resisted so long posting pictures of herself, and why Shooting Lady still doesn't post any? It's because they're attractive enough that most men won't see (or want to see) beyond the outer looks and realize that they're women with brains.

I'm far from a feminist, but I get so angry when I see men simply assuming that because a woman is attractive, that's all she's got...

Penny

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by Huntr

I think there were better choices out there but have to admit this is a little bit inspired. Overall, the only policy that bothers me about the McCain/Palin campaign is the belief in man-made climate change. I have high hopes that is a belief that will not be born out in policy.

Other than that, I'm assuming the sound I heard in the car today was the high pitched scream of Hillary going high order. grin

It'll be a pleasure to vote in Nov.

Pugs my friend, my sentiments EXACTLY and if you look at my second or third post, that is what I said. I do still have other issues, but I am fully behind the ticket now. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is HG OK,.....?

We haven't heard from that wild-woman for a while.

"Steely" said , " It's fun watching people with no leadership abilities discuss picking a leader, it's scary watching a person with no leadership qualities in a position of leadership."

......Marcinko never got it any better in his various treatises on leadership.

Well done

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn
I'd hate to be one of her children, most mothers with 5 have different priorities.

What an absolutely ignorant thing to say! But I suppose I'll read further and hope some others called you to task. mad

Penny

Good point, Penny. When our son was 14 and our daughter 9, my wife went back to college to work on her bachellor's degree. She took 2 night classes per semester for ten years, plus some summer classes. We talked about it extensively before she started back to college, knowing that we as a family were going to have to make sacrifices, and that I was going to be "Mr Mom" in many respects for quite a while. All this while she worked full time (I did, too) in a very time demanding mid-management position at a Fortune 500 company. Both our kids graduated HS in very good standing. My bride graduated with honors with a business degree the year after our daughter graduated from HS. I was never more proud of any of my bride's accomplishments than the day she walked across the platform and received her diploma. It (working a demanding job and raising a family) can, and has been done by many women, men and families. Todd Palin has to be one of the most proud husbands in the USA today - and very rightly so.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So you're voting for her solely on the fact she's a woman? jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
.....on the other hand Penny, there are those of us who are excited to have conservative women around who like guns and are also HOT besides. Sarah fulfills these requirements perfectly as do HoundGirl and SL (who we haven't heard from for a while). We already know that you are qualified. Winning bets all around.

Last edited by EvilTwin; 08/29/08. Reason: spelink..as usual

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nothing against Palin,...but I don't think she'll make a difference in the voting.

McCain is obviously nominating a woman in order to siphon the disgruntled Hillary voters over to his camp, but she's not the type that will appeal to those.

Basically, she's window dressing,...and will only appeal to those who are already McCain supporters.

McCain broke even with his pick instead of gaining an edge.

Bristoe,

You're wrong because you are focused on the wrong issues. The Palin pick was much more about turnout in November than about pulling in undecided voters. There was the potential for a lot of conservatives sitting the election out if McCain had picked a liberal/moderate for VP. I'm glad someone talked some sense into McCain and his handlers so that he chose a conservative for VP.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by isaac
You don't think Obammy's team will be sending the brothers to Alakska in Sept/October to try and get some dirt on Sarah,do you?

I am not a betting man but if I was I would put a years pay on them having already done it. They probably have been digging on each of the potential candidates for quite some time now.

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I understand the sentiment that there were better choices out there to fill the slot.

But there was absolutely no better choice for winning the election.

I think the country will be quite suprised when they get a chance to find out who she is, and how well she speaks.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
So, Palin is an Alaskan stud?

Noooo ..... And that's Ms '[b]Studette Vice-President' [/b]to you! grin

Page 14 of 35 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (260madman, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 204guy, 2500HD, 59 invisible), 2,280 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,502
Posts18,509,209
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.