Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 35 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 34 35
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DesertSandman
Here's the music. Crank up the volume on your speakers!
http://www.moviemusic.com/audio/rudy_10.mp3

It sounds grand and panoramic and majestic, just like Alaska! Perfect music!

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I'm far from a feminist, but I get so angry when I see men simply assuming that because a woman is attractive, that's all she's got...
More the reason to find out what else she has!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stan V
Did I see someone compare a mom of 2 going back to college with Palin becoming the VP and having the same grind?

Geez, Stan, what I was trying to say was that not every woman these days feels the need to be barefoot, pregnant and bringing you a beer . . . Maybe not the same grind, but a grind none the less.

Bet you get a whole different story than most when you read a book.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I found it interesting how delighted the female reporters were this morning talking about her being the VP pick. You could tell that they really approved. I called my 80+ year old aunt this morning to get her reaction and she was also delighted. tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
From my experience a GOOD leader doesn't have to know everything about the job,you surround yourself with the people that help make the choices that's GOOD for all.I'm VERY VERY HAPPY WITH HIS CHOICE.

Last edited by crittergetter; 08/29/08. Reason: ADD INFO
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey, we got another one!

Stay in the weeds!!!

All American

All the time
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Ivan
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I'm not happy...jorge

What are your reservations?

She's too inexperienced & too young and believes in man-made global warming. Also, I just have issues with women as mothers/C-in-C. I would have preferred Romney over both, but I can certainly live with it and I certainly hope I'm proven wrong on my concerns.jorge
Mr Jorge your doggone right, but she is a PRETTY SONAFAGUN NOW.... Hey our bet is still on right??!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have to laugh at anyone thinking, if they're really thinking this, that Mrs. Palin can fill Cheney's shoes

Has she shot anyone in the face yet? grin

Great pick!
I can't wait to see the VP debates.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No Hawk, I'm no McCainaniac, but what I was trying to point out is the fact you can't be THAT stupid and accomplished what he's done. An engineeering degree fron USNA, plus having scored high enough in flight training to get single seat jets is no small feat. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Palin is a micromanager and will have to unlearn that...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by isaac
B....Sour grapes over another failed prediction,huh?

What prediction?

In any event, there's no sour grapes from me.

McCain may as well have picked a mannequin for his veep. Palin will have no impact on McCain's administration whatsoever.

She's just window dressing.
You're not thinking about this the right way. Conservatives are now more likley to vote for McCain, not because of McCain (who makes most conservatives puke), but because they are far-sighted and are looking at 2012.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by RufusG
you really don't think Mrs. Palin is capable of Cheney like management?

Like managing to get us in a war that destroyed his boss's presidency?
Destroyed it? Ahhh....there's that little re-election thing that might contradict your contention.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Longbob
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
Her Christian faith will become an issue. You heard it here first.

Steve

In what way?

I can't say exactly how, but the left will soon be grasping at straws. They know she has credible experience at least as much as O'bama, and they know they can't attack her as a woman. They will delve into her church, into her personal religious practice, and into the way she raises her kids in a Christian home.

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
and does it bother any of the females on this board that Palin was chosen to capture women voters, first and foremost?

I can't control why she was chosen. All I can do is respond to who she is.

She captured me because of her views on the issues that are important to me, and because of her level of honesty and integrity. The fact that she is a woman is secondary. I would never vote for someone just because she was a woman.

I would have DIED before I voted for Hillary!!! eek

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Hey, we got another one!

Stay in the weeds!!!

Just like a loudmouthed Texan to hide from the question at hand. I'm all for winning the (unnecesary) war and I did my service chump. Take your avatar and shove it.

Last edited by RufusG; 08/29/08. Reason: spelling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
Her Christian faith will be made into an issue. You heard it here first.

Ah... one MORE reason I like her! laugh

Penny

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn
and does it bother any of the females on this board that Palin was chosen to capture women voters, first and foremost?

I can't control why she was chosen. All I can do is respond to who she is.

She captured me because of her views on the issues that are important to me, and because of her level of honesty and integrity. The fact that she is a woman is secondary. I would never vote for someone just because she was a women.

I would have DIED before I voted for Hillary!!! eek

Penny

Don't let Stan rile you, Penny. He's like a head of lettuce; no taste, no substance, just a generic vegetable.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by isaac
I'll volunteer as one of the gifts!
I'll lay dollars to doughnuts that if I were to ask Karen, she'd say that you're one of the greatest gifts God has given her in her life.

It's already done. grin

Penny

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by RufusG
you really don't think Mrs. Palin is capable of Cheney like management?

Like managing to get us in a war that destroyed his boss's presidency?
Destroyed it? Ahhh....there's that little re-election thing that might contradict your contention.

I voted for Bush twice. Please tell me what he's been able to accomplish in his second term. Imagine what he might have been able to accomplish had he not been saddled with Iraq.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I tend to agree with Jorge. I think she is probably a wonderful person, and hopefully a good VP, but she is not recognized out of circles such as ours. The Rep party is gonna have to do some hard selling in the next couple months. I hope they can.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 16 of 35 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 204guy, 2500HD, 222Sako, 58 invisible), 2,277 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,499
Posts18,509,181
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.