Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 35 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 34 35
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I know one engineer on the 'Fire that has 1 year of experience 40 times........

Who is that unfortunate soul?

...or did something just whiz over my head?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Not gonna say anything about the hack....

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Two objections to Palin —

• She went to an Idaho university instead of the University of Alaska.

• She isn't Mrs Kenneth E Howell.

Otherwise, …

Why Ken you old rascal!

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 340boy

Easy on the engineers, you characters...
grins

I can get away with it. I R 1.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U 2??

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if(engineer) return TRUE; else return FALSE;

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TRUE

what branch are you, Steve?

Chemical engineering is mine.

Last edited by 340boy; 08/29/08.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Scorpion
Originally Posted by jorgeI
No Hawk, I'm no McCainaniac, but what I was trying to point out is the fact you can't be THAT stupid and accomplished what he's done. An engineeering degree fron USNA, plus having scored high enough in flight training to get single seat jets is no small feat. jorge

Jorge,

I was curious as to what kind of engineering degree McCain has, as I couldn't really find anything detailed online about his education. If you know of any links I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Scorpion: Prior to the class of 76, all graduates from the Naval Academy could only graduate with BS degrees in some type of engineering. After that date, even though the only degrees one gets from Annapolis are Bachelor Of Science degrees(they make you take enough math, physics, chemistry to meet that threshold) you can still get a major in a Liberal Arts discipline, but it's still a BS versus a BA. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
There are only 10 types of people in the world �
those who understand binary and those who don't.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No Hawk, I'm no McCainaniac, but what I was trying to point out is the fact you can't be THAT stupid and accomplished what he's done. An engineeering degree fron USNA, plus having scored high enough in flight training to get single seat jets is no small feat. jorge

Jorge,

I was curious as to what kind of engineering degree McCain has, as I couldn't really find anything detailed online about his education. If you know of any links I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Scorpion: Prior to the class of 76, all graduates from the Naval Academy could only graduate with BS degrees in some type of engineering. After that date, even though the only degrees one gets from Annapolis are Bachelor Of Science degrees(they make you take enough math, physics, chemistry to meet that threshold) you can still get a major in a Liberal Arts discipline, but it's still a BS versus a BA. jorge

That is interesting, Jorge, I didn't know that about Annapolis.

James Elroy Flecker

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I always thought a BS degree was what most men received as they are so good at it.

Sassy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Jorge,

Thanks

Thanks Jorge, I didn't know that. Do the majority still opt for only majors in engineering, or do a fair amount get degrees in the arts?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny. A colleague had that on a t-shirt the other day. He's on the right side of the bell curve as far as being an bright engineer, BTW.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BS - Bull [bleep]
MS - More [bleep]
PHD - Piled higher and deeper

Carpe' Scrotum
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Popapi
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Originally Posted by Popapi
I'm not happy...jorge
You shouldn't be Mr. Jorge...

Popapi, Jorge will adjust quite well as this expedition unfolds. YOU however are going to have to have ALL sharp objects taken away from you. Your posting yesterday indicates that you are going to vote for Osama Obama along with that little scrunge GPA. You KNOW that you are about to get yer asses kicked big time and that Obama will be relegated to running for dogcatcher in Chicago grin.
Only time will tell Mr. ET ONLY time will tell. O and yes I will be voting for Mr. Obama UNLESS he comes up with something that I don't like...

So you're ok with income redistribution, gun control, and homosexuals openly serving in the armed forces (to name a few) then? yes or no will suffice. jorge
Income redistribution if it will HELP the American people as to how Mr. Obama want's to do it YES. Gun Control there's is not much he can do about gun control looking at OUR second ammendment right people tried that in The District of Columabia and it was voted down, so I'm not to worried about that(Gun Control). And homosexuals openly serving in the armed forces IT won't happen.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
personally I think having a REAL person, with strong ties to rural AMERICAN VALUES, thats not SOILED in the beltway politics, is a huge improvement

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here's an unfortunate headline:
McCain taps Palin for VP

I say let Cheney do his own work!!!

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There are only 10 types of people in the world �
those who understand ternary, those who don't, and those who mistake it for binary.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
There are two types of people in the world - those that divide them into groups, and those that don't.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 340mag
personally I think having a REAL person, with strong ties to rural AMERICAN VALUES, thats not SOILED in the beltway politics, is a huge improvement

I couldn't agree more, 340.

James Elroy Flecker

Page 20 of 35 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,611 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,519
Posts18,509,632
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.