Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 35 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 34 35
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jorgeI
a BS versus a BA. jorge

I have a BS and a MA, both in Aquatic Bioloy. Damn near anything is possible. cool

There are many copies.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Those that don't are called bi-sexual..........

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I can probably get you the exact stats in a few days if you're interested. My current job affords me the ability to look at all of that. I'd say the majority do not opt for engineering. Your final GPA has a LOT to do with what type of warfare designator you want to pursue so the higher your GPA, (and assuming you are physically qualified) the greater your chances of getting your first choice, be it aviation, surface line, nuclear power, supply, intel, etc. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I listened to her introduction today on the radio, what a instant shot of enthusiasm she just brought to the McCain ticket. Beats the hell out of "angry Joe Biden", I just hope she can debate as good as she looks. Too bad AK will lose here services if elected.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I can probably get you the exact stats in a few days if you're interested. My current job affords me the ability to look at all of that. I'd say the majority do not opt for engineering. Your final GPA has a LOT to do with what type of warfare designator you want to pursue so the higher your GPA, (and assuming you are physically qualified) the greater your chances of getting your first choice, be it aviation, surface line, nuclear power, supply, intel, etc. jorge

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, I'd definitely be interested in seeing the stats. So, you're saying that your final GPA, regardless of what your major is, supercedes the fact you may be an aerospace engineer vs. history/chemistry, etc.?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ebd10
Here's an unfortunate headline:
McCain taps Palin for VP

Today, I heard a reporter say: "There are 18 million cracks out there who are not sure who to vote for!" They say some pretty stupid things.

There are many copies.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
How come so many of you Republicans on this list are saying TODAY that Sarah Palin is such a GREAT choice - and yet none of you said that - in the last YEAR of posting on this list?

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
[bleep] Canada

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Damnit!!! Another keyboard gone!!

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by BCBrian
How come so many of you Republicans on this list are saying TODAY that Sarah Palin is such a GREAT choice - and yet none of you said that - in the last YEAR of posting on this list?

Palin as VP has been the subject of a few threads...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
[Linked Image]

laugh laugh

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not quite. There are other factors involved. First and foremost the "Needs of the Navy" come first smile then there is also a long standing test that gauges your aptitude for flying. It's a pretty neat test actually. In my current job as the "Dean Wormer" of Naval Aviation, I get to screen all that apply that want to come to Pensacola. But yes, if your class standing with a BS in say history is higher than someone's with a BS in Aeronautical Engineering, AND your aptitude test is high enough, yes you'll get in. Where it gets sticky is with the "Nukes." They have the final say on how the Ensigns get farmed out and if you are a "40 pound head" and the nukes want you, they get you. Lots more, but I don;t want to hijack the thread. PM if you like. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Popai,no disrespect but how could you even consider voting for obama given his stance on Abortion,to me thats like voting against GOD!! This is only one of the reasons not to vote for him!
I would NEVER vote or denounce my Lord and my GOD no matter what trust me I prayed about my choice as to whom to vote for and asking God to show me, believe it or not eventhough people has faults my mind set have been keeped on Obama.

Now with that being said things COULD change what I'm waitng for are the debates these debates should put the stamp on AND let us all know who's credible as being OUR next POTUS. Whomever it will be I will support them 100% AND will keep them prayed up to do what needs to be done for the American people...

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
In short, you are a fruitloop.......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
From what I know so far, in terms of getting himself elected, McCain swung for the fences and seems to have hit a home run. This seems to be quite unexpected in most quarters. A guy that calls our local afternoon sports talk show is Palin's brother in law. He lives in Linden WA but is a big Bama fan from Mobile. Even he was floored.

Some background that he gave: She's was a point guard on her state's HS state champion BBall team in Idaho (I think he said). She has her degree in journalism and writes all her own stuff. Athletic, attractive (appears to have had some 'work' done to me), married to one of the big dogs in the Alaskan commercial fishing industry. Can't find anything to hate yet for me.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just heard Palin's speech in it's entirety. I have to say it was very impressive. Exeellent delivery AND content. jorge

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
The only thing that would make her perfect is if she was a GATOR fan!

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So you're ok with Obama's views on abortion before AND after a child is born? And who doesn't bother to help his own brother who lives in a shack in the middle of Africa on twelve bucks a month? Better check with YOUR GOD on those and get back to us. jorge

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BCBrian

Some have mentioned it in prior threads. Many more have probably thought it. Most likely the answer is that nobody ever thought McCain,or anybody else, had the balls to make such a choice.

Page 21 of 35 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 204guy, 2500HD, 222Sako, 58 invisible), 2,263 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,499
Posts18,509,181
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.