B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Bristoe,
No wonder your "off",

"You're", dammit,... "YOU'RE!!!!"

If you ever expect to be taken seriously on the internet,..the base requirement is that you learn the proper contraction for "you are".

Grammer books are cheap.

Buy one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I saw a flash on the bottom of a TV screen today, that mentioned that Paulin was under investigation. I pulled up a PNW newspaper and it didn't give alot of info. other then she was under investigation, regarding the handling of an employee issue, in the Ak. Dept of Safety. Does anyone know anything about this or is it BS out of Juneau?

People claim don't sweat the small stuff, but's it's the small stuff, that causes the largest problems. I hope this doesn't turn into a problem.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Bristoe,
No wonder your "off",

If you ever expect to be taken seriously on the internet,..the base requirement is that you learn the proper contraction for "you are".

Grammer books are cheap.

Buy one.

And grammar is in every dictionary.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
You need to work on your comprehension, Nate. I saw a lot of comments on how conservative she is, much more than McC on some issues, particularly guns and ANWR, and her history as a reformer and pork buster. If the pick had been Romney, the same media douchebags would have been saying he's just a pretty face. Of the two, I prefer Palin. Both on the merits and on looks.

"Of the two.."

That's EXACTLY my point. In a country of nearly 300 million we're down to a choice of the 4-6 thrown out in the last 6 months. Give me a break.

We either had a choice of re-runs from the last 25 years who have hung around or political and intellectual lightweights.

I hate to say it but the McCain pick is Clintonish to me, Bill Clintonish. He perfected the triangulation and that's exactly what I fear McCain has done with his VP pick. Throw a broad enough net to pick up this demogrpahic and that demographic and at the end of the day nobody knows what you are.

A maverick? No. Just a triangulator much like Billy boy was. Figure out what people want you to say and do that - today and then change it tomorrow.

Otto is my co-pilot.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ken Howell
Tool and die maker by trade.
I figure I got my point across.
There aint to much you can say to a woman thats got one son headed to the sandbox and another has DS.She will do fine.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hunter1960
I saw a flash on the bottom of a TV screen today, that mentioned that Paulin was under investigation. I pulled up a PNW newspaper and it didn't give alot of info. other then she was under investigation, regarding the handling of an employee issue, in the Ak. Dept of Safety. Does anyone know anything about this or is it BS out of Juneau?

My brother told me he'd heard that the gov.'s sister was married to a LEO, and the LEO was beating her (the sister). So the gov. put some pressure on to have the LEO fired.

I say, good on her for looking out for her sister. If it's true, the guy is lucky to have only been fired.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So McCain goes out and gets a hard right, gun-totin, governor with a history of fighting pork....and your response is it's Clintonish triangulation. What would it have been if he'd picked a leftie like Lieberman?

What would have been a non-triangulated pick of which you'd approve? I don't know of any other 73 year old naval aviator/senators.....he's got to pick someone not the same as himself. I'm glad he picked someone closer to me ideologically. If the fact she's a chick gets some votes away from Bambi, I'm OK with that. Until we have an IQ test for voting, you have to get elected by the people who actually live here.....the same ones who make American Idol a hit show. Go figure.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole

My brother told me he'd heard that the gov.'s sister was married to a LEO, and the LEO was beating her (the sister). So the gov. put some pressure on to have the LEO fired.

I say, good on her for looking out for her sister. If it's true, the guy is lucky to have only been fired.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ok, thanks

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Bristoe,
No wonder your "off",

Grammer books are cheap.

Buy one.

And grammar is in every dictionary.

lol,..touche',...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How can you be soooo excited about this choice and this election?

We know for a FACT no matter who gets elected nothing is going to be better than it is today, which isn't saying a lot.

Again, how did the republican party get in such sad shape that this is where we are today?

We have one candidate who talks about "change" picking one of the top 5 longest serving members of the senate as his VP.

Another who gripes about his opponents lack of experience and then picks a political flyweight.

I'm just disgusted. I'm glad I'm in a posistion that I won't have to deal with 95% of the crap the rest of the country will have to in the next 4-8 years.

Otto is my co-pilot.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by NathanL
How can you be soooo excited about this choice and this election?

McCain could have picked the Burger King "Hamburglar" for his veep,...and Steve_NO woulda been crowin' 'bout,..

"Just look at the size of his head!. The man is a genius!"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ok, thanks

I heard, but don't know for sure, that when questions about her administrations integrity came up, she ordered the investigation herself.
If true that sounds like a damn fine person

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another who gripes about his opponents lack of experience and then picks a political flyweight.

I'm thinking McCain might have a better handle on her capabilities than all of us, and I'm betting he is pretty sure she will impress when given the opportunity.

She's not -- she's not from these parts and she's not from Washington. But when you get to know her, you're going to be as impressed as I am.
John McCain

OK, I'm willing to see how she impresses before I judge.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ken Howell
There aint to much you can say to a woman thats got one son headed to the sandbox and another has DS.She will do fine.
dave

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
When the Repub's win, i wonder if Palin's son, will get pulled out of, i've heard he's being deployed to both, Iraq or Afghan. He would be quite the prize for the badguys to capture or kill.

Maybe McCain will tell her BTDT, it's not worth the risk, don't know have to wait and see. I know the Brit's pulled Harry out of Afghan.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Sarah said he was headed to Iraq with a combat brigade.

Working mothers who didn't think they had any interest in the race this year are going to flock to Palin. I think picking her was a stroke of genius.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Sarah said he was headed to Iraq with a combat brigade.

Working mothers who didn't think they had any interest in the race this year are going to flock to Palin. I think picking her was a stroke of genius.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It was a good choice, no doubt about it. I thinks he's in one of those Streyker Brigades out of Ft. Lewis. Which if your not familiar is a wheeled tank.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ken Howell

Did I say anything to you?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm guessing since there are millions, you'd have no problem listing 10 or 20...right.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Page 30 of 35 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (2500HD, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 204guy, 56 invisible), 2,285 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,506
Posts18,509,299
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.