Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 32 of 35 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 35
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
There is quite a difference when a pollster phones you up and asks you 2 questions .... do you Approve or Disapprove of her .... compared to what kind of job she is doing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yeah ropes, really appreciate your support of our governor.

fish sniffed that one out right away.

now I understand the old saw "go pizz up a rope"

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by Stan V
Reagan won without being a Washington insider, but he was in his late 60's and was governor of the most populated state in the Union that budget wise was larger than most countries.....he had a lifetime of conservative values and experience. A lifetime.....and he was voted the nomination based on what he said and how he conducted himself during the primaries.

Now, I'm happy Mrs. Palin is conservative and everything we look for in a candidate, but would she have been this attractive (policy wise) 2 years ago before becoming governor of Alaska? Her looks don't hurt her and that's a fact! I don't want to see conservatives being selected for VP from city counsel's next....I simply prefer more seasoning. Just like my BBQ ribs......

To question why Palin is a good choice, you need to ask why Obama is a good choice. If Obama can rally this kind of support with no experience but rather, youth, good looks and personality, well then maybe in this day and age that needs to be considered.

Don't we conservatives expect the left to nominate clueless worms like O? Palin was selected, not nominated......

All American

All the time
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
PALIN MUST be a good choice! ....EVERY last liberal I talk too has NOTHING but venom and blood,lies shooting out of every opening in thier body at the news

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shreck
A conservative women would stay home to tend to the kids.

These kids actually have a dad. He could, you know, keep an eye on them.

I always got a kick out of Rosanne Barrs quip when her husband came home, "the kids are alive, I did my job". grin

Dad works on a fishing fleet about 6 months out of the year and 6 months on the pipe line. The only time the kids see Dad is when he comes home to put the wood to Mom. That's why they have 5 kids.

Oh where's Bristoe when you need him????? grin

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tod
[Linked Image]

Hot Damn!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Ever think she might not be as popular down here in SE as she is up around Fairbanks.

Many Ketchikan people thinks she slammed us pretty hard yesterday in her acceptance speech.

Today Ketchikan Daily News headlines ... "McCain taps AK's Palin for VP" followed by "Local Activist Surprised" followed by "Palin pick raises eyebrows at home" followed by "Choice stuns local, State pols"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Randy
Those folks in SE are still smarting from the inaguration being moved out of Juneau and the fact she does not want to play the "Hiding out in Juneau" game the legislature loves so dearly. Imagine being bothered by the populace actually wanting to see how they operate down there without a big airfare and hotel bill to do it.

Then there is that disingenuous thing about the cap move and confusing the issue between Anchorage and elsewhere. Palin is oppose to moving the cap to Anchorage... as is everyone else... But like all but SE she is in favor of moving it out of Juneau.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They are probably stunned that they weren't asked their permission for her to accept the offer.

Sassy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Female.
High school sports star.
Married her high school sweetheart.
Hockey mom who wanted to make a difference.
City Council.
Coached youth sports.
Husband is in a union.
Hunts and fishes.
NRA life member.
Has a child with a disability.
Presents well (aka--easy on the eyes).
Husband is part native Eskimo.
Son in the military.
Son in the military scheduled deploy overseas on 9/11.
Conservative.
Track record for not taking crap and instead cleaning up govt.

I can live with that!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

"But like all but SE she is in favor of moving it out of Juneau."

Seems like I remember voting on that issue about 3 or 4 times and I haven't ever seen it pass or be moved North yet !!!!

And Ketchikan Daily is known as a hard core conservative / Republican newspaper.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ropes
Lets see ... Sister Sarah may have been called "barracuda" but she is also known as the "Wasilla Barbie" ..... she is not known for her intelligence.

She has about a 'medium' rating by most Alaskans on how she has done since she became Gov. Not a stellar or excellent Gubernatorialship at all.

She was all for our 'bridge to nowhere' before the media hype on it ... Then she was totally against it. But she did snarfull all those Fed $'s up and use it for Anchorage area projects. Also at the same time she canceled or postponed many much needed DOT project here in S SE Ak except the part of the 'bridge to nowhere' $'s used to continue the 'road to nowhere' (which is just about complete and ends at the abutment to the 'bridge to nowhere') ......

Even though, when asked about her views on moving the capitol to Anchorage, during her election, she said she was totally against it. But she is on record, many times, supporting the capitol move. She is now conducting business out of her Anchorage office.

I think she'll fit right in with the 'good ole boy network' !!!!!

She has over an 80% approval rating up here, hardly "medium." That is almost 10 times what the congress has. And if anyone won't fit the good ole boy network it is Sarah. Knowledge of an issue would be good before speaking.

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Heard that she drives her own SUV about the state on state business. Hard to do from Juneau, IIRC.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
DD
Most North Slope jobs are on a two-weeks on, two-weeks off schedule and that actually leaves a LOT more time for Todd to be a father. I did it for 23 years.

The Bristol Bay salmon run lasts about 3 weeks and the kids are probably out there with Todd having the absolute best times of their lives. It is more about the lifestyle than anything else.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cannot find the post that keeps bringing up "Tasing his step-son" but this is a C&P from ADN on the investigation. Not real bright on his part, but hardly what it is being made to sound like, either...

"TASING THE STEPSON

One day -- maybe a year or two before the investigation -- Wooten showed his stepson his Taser. He had just been to Taser instructor school. Wooten told Sgt. Wall that the boy was fascinated and pleaded to be tased.

"So we went in our living room and I had him get down on his knees so he wouldn't fall. And I taped the probes to him and turned the Taser on for like a second, turned it off. He thought that was the greatest thing in the world, wanted to do it again," Wooten told the investigator. The boy flinched but nothing more, he said. The boy was about 11 at the time.

In his interview with troopers, the stepson said it hurt for about a second, according to Wall's report. The boy said he wanted to be tased to show his cousin, Palin's daughter Bristol, that he wasn't a mama's boy. The probe left a welt on his arm, he said. His mother was upstairs yelling at them not to do it, the boy said.

As Bristol remembered it, the jolt knocked the boy backward, the trooper report says. She said she was afraid.

The probes are attached by thin wires to the Taser cartridge. In the field, an officer fires the probes into a suspect's skin or clothing and the suspect receives a jolt of electricity for five seconds, said Steve Tuttle, a spokesman for Taser International, which makes the devices. They are only incapacitated during that time. In demos, the probes might be taped to a person so that they don't accidentally strike an eye or injure the volunteer, he said. If the Taser is fired for just a second, it would feel like your funny bone was hit but the quick jolt wouldn't knock you over, Tuttle said."

art

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Guys...with all considered respect, Alaska just moved to DC.

It's big boy time now. Local Alaska won't be a real deciding factor in the gig now!!

Sorry, but it's a fact.

If Palin keeps her roots, as she undoubtedly will, a local cop tasing their kid and some nepotism like sparring over a ugly divorce is a mere whimper of noise compared to the real game once once you hit this beltway.

Palin will be hit by the real big time now. This is not softball.

She's being educated on the DC world of politics as we write!! It's an eye opening, ugly lesson that one has to learn to survive here.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ropes
"Seems like I remember voting on that issue about 3 or 4 times and I haven't ever seen it pass or be moved North yet !!!!"

Then your memory is off... The first vote was to move the cap to Willow and it passed. Following that came two blocking votes designed to roil the water. Ridiculously high cost initiatives were voted on to appropriate money to move the cap. They were very high estimates and did not include the money that would be saved by moving the cap. They also included a ton of money to keep Juneau from collapsing.

Those initiatives failed. Big difference, IMO.

My experiences in Juneau talking to my reps were not particularly rewarding... And Juneau was a big part of it.
art

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
While considering Wooten's four divorces, realize Palin's sis did not change her name to Wooten and does not go by her given name... I suppose she has at least one other failed marriage... That and the fact Wooten has step-children with her.

Isaac
I suspect you are exactly right on the small-time nature of this stuff. Otherwise she would not have been picked.
art

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
dude, you obviously don't know dick about working women. And have a weird definition of conservative.

Now, if she expected YOU to pay to take care of her kids, that wouldn't be conservative.

I do know dick about working women. If they take care of their kids, they are hardly ever at work but expect to still be paid. If they put their work first and kids second than somebody else is taking care of the kids. Either way it's bad for America.

As to me paying for them I pay for ALL working Mothers to work either directly through welfare and work subsidies or indirectly through poor work performance on the job.

As to being a conservative, if a woman chooses the career path of Motherhood, a very honorable career, than as a conservative I expect her to tend to her children. When one of those children has DS and she has chosen to keep that child, an honorable decision, than that, as a conservative woman, should be her first priority.

To me Palin is a Feminazi, more conservative than most, but a Feminazi none the less. As to who to vote for, well it has to be McCain/Palin because they suck less than the co-presidency of the Obamas.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by isaac
Guys...with all considered respect, Alaska just moved to DC.

It's big boy time now. Local Alaska won't be a real deciding factor in the gig now!!

Sorry, but it's a fact.

If Palin keeps her roots, as she undoubtedly will, a local cop tasing their kid and some nepotism like sparring over a ugly divorce is a mere whimper of noise compared to the real game once once you hit this beltway.

Palin will be hit by the real big time now. This is not softball.

She's being educated on the DC world of politics as we write!! It's an eye opening, ugly lesson that one has to learn to survive here.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Most certainly, if the girl has any ghosts, there getting ready to come out of the closet.

Page 32 of 35 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 204guy, 2500HD, 222Sako, 58 invisible), 2,300 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,500
Posts18,509,196
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.