Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 36 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 35 36
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Savagery in the Valley of the Sun

..............and the "Rightsniks" will scream louc=dly about the sentence sought.

Link: http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=954653

dra Haros/KTAR

Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas will seek the death penalty for three men accused of firing more than 100 shots in a "Latin American-style killing" in the west Valley.

Two of the three men accused in the June shooting death of Andrew Williams, near 83rd Avenue and Encanto Boulevard, are illegal immigrants with felony records.

"The capital sentences sought in this case are appropriate," said Thomas. "This case represents a troubling new trend: Latin-American style violence on the streets of Phoenix. This trend endangers neighborhoods, officers on patrol, and the public at large. We must take decisive action to stop it before it spreads."

Police said the alleged shooters wore police-style clothing and body armor, typically used for police raids. Such tactics have been commonly used by Mexican drug cartels, but previously were foreign to the United States. One of the suspects told police he had as much right to wear a uniform as police do and that officers should show him some respect.

The three suspects were tracked down in central Phoenix within hours of the shooting.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
"Police said the alleged shooters wore police-style clothing and body armor, typically used for police raids. Such tactics have been commonly used by Mexican drug cartels, but previously were foreign to the United States. One of the suspects told police he had as much right to wear a uniform as police do and that officers should show him some respect. "

For all the folks who don't believe this is going on, I hope they read the above.
"Will the real LEO please stand up"

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Thought Provoking, and encouraging,........

Link: http://www.onenewsnow.com/Election2008/Default.aspx?id=238688

Would McCain close the U.S.-Mexico border?
Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 9/8/2008 11:05:00 AM

The ranking Republican on the House Immigration Subcommittee is convinced that John McCain has heard the will of the American people and will be committed to securing the border if elected president.

Congressman Steve King (R-Iowa) says there is a clear choice for voters in November when it comes to the illegal immigration issue. He notes that Senator McCain (R-Arizona) has adopted a secure-the-border-first approach, which is a step up from where any of the Democrats have been. On the other hand, King asserts Senator Barack Obama (D-Illinois) and the Democrats remain committed to open borders.

"It's not even close on who's stronger on immigration enforcement, border security, enforcing our laws, shutting off the jobs magnet, and ending the automatic citizenship called 'anchor babies.' We're the only the people that even talk about it," King contends. "The Democrats don't. They understand they get a tremendous political gain if they can just open the borders and flood them with people."

McCain has "gotten it," according to King, when it comes to border security.

"McCain's getting better. He has said, 'I heard the American people. I understand the message. We have to secure the border.' So I believe him on that," King says. "I've had those conversations behind closed doors with him, and I don't think John McCain is going to do anything except follow through on the word that he's given."

King believes increased workplace enforcement has already paid dividends as 1.3 million illegal aliens have self-deported to their home countries. He thinks McCain will continue a tough immigration policy.

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Dhimocratic obstruction,....and obfustication,

Kettering's on track here,.....

Link: http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?...amp;PAG=461&dept_id=180485&rfi=6

If feds won't act on immigration, Iowa may have to

By: Dana Larsen, Pilot Tribune Editor September 09, 2008

Steve Kettering doesn't pull many punches, and the hot-button issue of immigration is no exception.
"We're in the same place as we were going into last session on immigration - and that's because we didn't really do anything," Kettering said.
With Democrats in control of both chambers of the statehouse, the Lake View Republican said he and fellow GOP state legislators felt powerless to have their ideas heard on issues like illegal immigration control.
The issue is one that should have been dealt with on the federal level, he says. "In the absense of that, the state will have to do something," he says.
The issue has to start and end on the doorstep of employers.
"There are a multitude of things that can be done, but employers have to be responsible in their hiring. I think most of the businesses in our area are responsible, but people who create fraudulent documents have really perfected their art."
Kettering favors an online system for employers to use to check on the identities of their applicants, to try to weed out people getting hired using false or stolen identification. "We need to be doing that."
He also hopes the legislature can step up enforcement.
"Last year it was proposed to have a trooper for every designated area of the state who would be dedicated to dealing with illegal immigration, and other troopers with special training in immigration issues," Kettering said. "It died for lack of a second, and I don't know that it will go over any better this coming session."
Such an action is needed to help local law enforcement that may be overwhelmed in communities with large numbers of immigrants, he feels.
"I haven't heard anything coming from the mouths of those who will dictate the agenda that leads me to believe that anything will be forthcoming. I am amazed that in this state that so badly wants good jobs, it seems that we have do little respect for those who provide them, that we make it really hard for them to employ people with the regulation we have."
A strong distinction needs to be made between legal and illegal immigration in Iowa, and the former should be encouraged, the senator believes.
"There is no question we have jobs available. There needs to be a mechanism put in place that that lets people come
into the county to fill those jobs on a legal basis. It could be allowing for some form of a work visa program - I am not anti-that at all."
While Iowa has a crying need for bright young minds in particular fields - certain forms of health research, advanced math and sciences teaching and so on - it is very hard for Iowa to target such people from other countries to lure in.
"There are allocations for specific numbers of those people in each area at the federal level, and that means Iowa doesn't get many of them," the senator said. "There is also a problem with young people we attract in to be educated at our universities - they overstay their visas and without the necessary arrangements, they end up as just more illegal immigrants."
Kettering is not in favor of allowing people who are currently illegal to avoid deportation, however. "If you want to come here, great - come legally. If you don't, you can't be allowed to go to the front of the line."
Hard-hitting community raids like the one at Postville are not the best way to deal with the issue, but they are likely to happen more often in Iowa, he beleives. "A raid like Postville strikes fear into everybody. Do I think it's the best way? No - but it is going to happen, and with more frequency."
The problem would be considerably less in Iowa if the federal government would better defend the Mexican border, he said.
"Of course, it is all moot if they would handle it at the job level. If illegal immigrants can't access the jobs, there won't be illegal immigrants. That's the magnet," he said.
The staunch Republican doesn't have much to say for his party's Administration on the issue, either.
"It is not a partisan thing to say that we have had an absolute failure to defend our own borders."
Iowa hasn't done much to defend its borders, either.
"On opening day of the legislature last year, I heard the talk about how it was going to be a bipartisan effort. I suspect I'll hear the same thing on opening day this year," the senator says.
The best thing that could happen, in his opinion, would be the Republicans gaining control of an Iowa House that is split on a razor's edge, as Democrats retain their control of the Senate.
"When one party controls the power in both, there isn't much need to be bipartisan. If the control becomes split, I predict that their will suddenly be a significant increase in bipartisan effort. I think they call it the art if compromise," Kettering said.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think we need to play cowboys and Messikins!

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
It took a LARGE crew from the Kiewitt Corp. 3 days to put up 40 feet,...........a clown show in progress

Fence Will Fall Far Short
Survey Data Shows Snail's Pace on Border

American Patrol Report -- September 10
Construction crew near Columbus, New Mexico was pulled off job in April.

A survey data report release by American Border Patrol shows that the federal government has added only 23 miles of new fencing since April, or about five miles per month. Based on this progress it appears very unlikely that the Department of Homeland Security will meet the legal requirement of adding 340 miles of new fencing by the end of this year.
The survey data, collected as part of Operation B.E.E.F., shows that only108 new miles of new, almost entirely single-layered fencing has been added since the signing of the Secure Fence Act of 2006 that called for 700 miles of double-layered fence. The ABP report shows that DHS has added 161 miles of vehicle barrier. ABP does not classify these barriers as fencing as they can be easily crossed by pedestrians and clearly do not meet the intent of Congress.
The Secure Fence Act was changed in December 2007 by an amendment pushed through by Texas Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson. It gave the Secretary of Homeland Security discretion in deciding where and what type of fencing should be constructed. Some say she gutted the fence project. -- Continued here....
Here Comes the Excuse -- Out of Money

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
This is going to be interesting to watch,......

....the evolution and progression of GW's veto.

""would pose significant and immediate risks to U.S. interests."

........UHhhhh, like things are all ducks in a row at this time....?

Link: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5992420.html

WASHINGTON � Dismissing a White House veto threat, the House voted Tuesday to end a pilot program giving Mexican trucks access to U.S. highways.

The Bush administration stressed that the United States is obligated, under the 1994 North American Free Trade Agreement, to open up American roads to Mexican truckers, and that terminating the year-old demonstration project would have repercussions for American trucks allowed into Mexico. Passage of the House bill, it said "would pose significant and immediate risks to U.S. interests."

But the pilot project, which permits up to 500 trucks from 100 Mexican companies access to U.S. roads, is opposed by trucking, consumer and environmental groups who say it would eliminate American jobs and that Mexican trucks are subject to less stringent safety regulations. They say Mexico lacks adequate drug testing and hours-of service standards and that the program could contribute to smuggling or insurance fraud.

"I'm outraged that the Bush administration for political purposes would jeopardize the safety of the traveling public in the United States," said Rep. Peter DeFazio, D-Ore., chairman of the House Transportation subcommittee on highways.

The 395-18 House vote was well above the two-thirds needed to override a presidential veto. The bill would end the authority of the administration to go forward with the program without congressional approval. The Senate Appropriations Committee has attached similar language to a transportation spending bill, although that bill is unlikely to be enacted before President Bush leaves office.

Congress last December passed legislation banning funding to "establish" a program to allow U.S.-certified Mexican trucks to carry loads across the border, but the Transportation Department said that bill did not apply to a program that had already started. Several groups, including the Teamsters, Sierra Club and Public Citizen, have gone to federal court to challenge that interpretation.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, on the other hand, sent House members a letter urging opposition to the bill, saying the cross-border program "is a long overdue step toward reducing congestion and air pollution at the U.S.-Mexico border while promoting growth and jobs."

The administration last month said it intended to continue the pilot program for two more years.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
This is just BOGUS,

...........we're giving Mexico over a BILLION, for "Border Protection,......

one hell of a THING TO HAVE TO POST 7 YEARS AFTER

Link: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jE_bOUpQb6MxrxSQno3N6gEdY-MAD933HQCG0

Bush's border fence to cost extra $400 million
By EILEEN SULLIVAN � 1 day ago

WASHINGTON (AP) � The Bush administration needs an extra $400 million to complete its fence along the country's southwestern border, and government investigators say that may not even be enough to finish construction by the end of this year.

To complete the 670-mile fence � already half built � the administration has asked Congress to approve the use of $400 million that was set aside for surveillance technology projects along the U.S.-Mexico border, Jayson Ahern, the deputy commissioner of Customs and Border Protection, told The Associated Press Tuesday.

Higher costs of fuel, steel and labor has led to the $400 million shortfall, Ahern said.

"If we run out of money, unfortunately the construction will have to stop," Ahern said. He said it is not known exactly how much extra it will cost to build each mile of the fence, because the costs differ due to varying terrain and environmental issues.

Ahern is scheduled to testify on Capitol Hill Wednesday about the fence's funding shortfalls. At the same hearing, Congress' investigative arm, the Government Accountability Office, will also tell lawmakers that the administration risks not meeting its deadline to complete the fence by the end of the year because of staffing shortages and complications with acquiring the land necessary to build the fence.

The concept of a border fence took on new life after the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, which revived the heated immigration debate. Intelligence officials have said the gaps along the southwestern border could provide opportunities for terrorists to enter the country.

Critics have said the fence presents an inconsistent message about a country founded by immigrants and priding itself on opportunity.

The fence is not intended to stop illegal immigration altogether, but rather make it more difficult for people to enter the country illegally, administration officials say..

The entire plan for security on the southwestern border includes additional Border Patrol agents, more enforcement of immigration laws, a physical fence and a high-tech "virtual fence" with surveillance technology.

The administration learned the high-tech portion of the fence is more difficult than anticipated after its 28-mile test of a virtual fence in Arizona. Lawmakers have hammered the administration for what they consider a failed virtual fence plan, but Ahern and other officials have said that criticism is not fair.

While there are still plans to install virtual fencing along other parts of the border, the administration thinks it's more important to use the $400 million set aside for technology in order to complete the physical fence, Ahern said.

As for completing the fence by end of the administration, Ahern said, "We still have many challenges that remain to be overcome." Among those challenges are getting court orders to build on certain lands. "And that's out of our control," he said. He said staffing shortages, however, are not a problem.

The fencing plan affects about 480 landowners who live along or near the southwestern border. Some citizens are faced with moving out of their homes and selling their property to the government because the placement of the fence would significantly affect the value of their property. Others could accept a government payment as compensation for reduced value. As of August 26, the administration had 269 pieces of property it still needed to acquire from landowners, according to the Government Accountability Office.

Since 2006, Congress has appropriated $2.7 billion for the fence. But there's no estimate how much the entire system � the physical fence and technology � will cost to build, let alone maintain.

Border fences have been sprouting across California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas for decades � dating to the 1940s, when the International Boundary and Water Commission, an agency that deals with border issues, built 234 miles of fence to keep out foot-and-mouth disease.

As a result, the U.S. fence is a patchwork of old and new construction and in varying states of repair; the only consistency is a uniform ugliness. Over the years surveillance cameras, ground sensors and unmanned aerial drones have been used in spots along the border. But the current building spree is the first comprehensive federal push to seal the entire stretch with either physical fencing or detection and surveillance technology.

If Congress does not approve the use of an additional $400 million to build the physical fence, Ahern said, "We will exhaust our moneys and go as far as we can."

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
This is funny,.....

Link: http://freedomfolks.com/blog/?p=3992

Derechos Humanos held a demonstration against Sheriff Joe Arpiao in downtown Chicago yesterday afternoon. The basic gist was that they would like there to be no border and that they really don�t like Sheriff Joe deporting Democratic voters, ahem, I of course meant to say brown people. Well, actually they say brown people (see flyer) I would say illegal aliens, not that they�re racists or anything, right?

Just a reminder that the recent symbolic beheading of Sheriff Joe was done by the same group.

anywho, lot�s of good stuff here, where to begin? Might as well lead with the craziest bit, their hilarious and ridiculous flyer�

Side A is chock-a-block full of bizarre and unprovable assertions, and when I say unprovable I mean an SPLC level of fact checking!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Meddling Mexican,.....Vicente Fox,....dissing GW, and generally telling displaced American Workers,.........."Get over it"

Like he left the Country of Mexico in fine shape......?

SHEESH, read it yerself,...or don't.

Link: http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080911/METRO/809110455/1409/METRO

Former Mexican president: Get over Michigan job losses
Ron French / The Detroit News
Vicente Fox, former president of Mexico, isn't a shy man. He calls President Bush the "cockiest" politician he's ever met; he talks glowingly of John McCain and less so of Barack Obama. And, he has a message for Michigan factory workers who have lost their jobs.

Get over it.

Those jobs aren't coming back, and Michigan should focus instead on the high-tech and service industries.

"In the end, Michigan factories have to compete with factories in Mexico and China," Fox said in a telephone interview Thursday. "Companies like General Motors and Ford and Maytag don't have an option. They either close the doors and fire their workers, or they move where they can gain economic competitiveness."

Fox, an outspoken critic of U.S. immigration policies and the person most identified with American jobs moving across the border, will speak at 6:30 p.m. Friday in the Community Arts Auditorium at Wayne State University.

Fox's speech and a question-and-answer session afterward are free and open to the public, but seating is limited. Tickets can be reserved by calling (313) 577-5550 or on-line at www.focis.wayne.edu.

The president of Mexico from 2000-2006, Fox has promoted a North American Union similar to that of the European Union, with a single currency.

Fox argues Americans helped create economic policies such as NAFTA that moved jobs to Mexico, and now are complaining about it, even though the United States continues to benefit.

"As long as you have salaries of $15 to $20 an hour, you will keep losing jobs to economies that pay $5 an hour," Fox said. "This great nation of the United States has to understand that the way we opened our markets, was to learn how to compete. Now that we have learned how to compete, the leaders of the United States is building walls. That's a big, big mistake. We should be building bridges, building opportunities.

"The loss of manufacturing jobs is a problem not only of Michigan but of the United States, and is a product of the new economy," Fox said. "(But) you cannot look at it from an individual perspective. That's the way General Motors, Ford and Chrysler were able to compete. That is good for the Michigan economy and also good for Mexico."

Fox's biography, "Revolution of Hope," offers a less-than-glowing impression of President George W. Bush. Fox and Bush, the former Governor of Texas, were close allies when the two men came into office in 2000, but relations turned frosty after Fox rebuffed Bush's request to support the U.S. invasion of Iraq.

Fox calls Bush a "windshield cowboy" and mocks his "grade-school Spanish."

The former president made it clear who he favors in the upcoming U.S. presidential election. Fox said his views are more in line with those of McCain, the Republican nominee. "What I see with McCain is experience," Fox said.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Good Lord,...what's with Aurora, Colo.?

Good point about porous brder, herein:

Link: http://www.rockymountainnews.com/ne...se-rocks-aurora/?partner=yahoo_headlines

Another illegal immigrant case rocks Aurora
By April M. Washington, Rocky Mountain News (Contact)
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Related StoriesRitter orders review after 2 crashes involving illegal immigrants Call for immigration audit Little victim of ice cream store tragedy tucked in one last time Driver in fatal crash at Baskin-Robbins placed on immigration hold Family grapples with 3-year-old's death More Local NewsCall for immigration audit Man fatally wounded in Sonic drive-through Springs schools on lockdown as cops search for kidnap suspect More stories � Story Tools
Email Print Comments Change text size Share
What is this?
Aurora police said Thursday that for the second time in a week they have arrested an illegal immigrant after a highly dangerous crash on the city's streets.

Officers arrested Hipolito Vasquez Rojas, 19, after he and a 16-year-old male accomplice allegedly stole a car, crashed into a police car, plowed into a tree and then led officers on a foot chase Wednesday night.

Rojas, who police say is a gang member, was deported in April following his release from the Adams County Jail after serving time for auto theft. It is not known how he turned up five months later in connection with a robbery and shooting.

"This is a reality for our police officers every day. We are getting beat up as to why we're not doing more? The question posed to ICE should be why isn't more being done to shut down the porous border?" said Aurora Police spokesman Bob Friel.

Court and police records show that Rojas has an extensive criminal history, including 30 felony and misdemeanor arrests mostly in Aurora for eluding police, auto theft and illegally possessing a weapon and other charges.

Rojas was also wanted by Adams County for failure to appear in court on an auto theft charge and on a national extradition warrant.

He now is being held for investigation of first-degree attempted homicide, criminal intent for first-degree assault and auto theft, police said.

Police did not identify the juvenile arrested with him. He could face similar charges as an adult, Friel said.

ICE spokesman Carol Rusnok said Rojas was kicked out of the country April 18.

Rusnok said it's a felony punishable by up to 20 years in prison to re-enter the country after being deported. ICE has placed another hold on Rojas based on his most recent arrest.

The chase and arrest come on the heels of the Sept. 4 fatal hit-and-run accident involving an illegal immigrant who remained free despite nearly 20 arrest in five years.

Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said it's fortunate that Wednesday's shooting didn't lead to a similar tragedy.

"Obviously, we are extremely fortunate that the round of gunfire missed," Oates said. "Had it struck and killed someone would we all be here looking at the next Francis Hernandez case?"

Wednesday's crime spree began around 1 p.m. when Rojas and the teen allegedly tried to steal a white Chevrolet Blazer from the parking lot of a business near Interstate 70 and Tower Road.

As an employee tried to stop the car theft, Rojas allegedly shot at him with a handgun, grazing the worker's shirt.

Aurora police did not release the identity of the worker, who was not seriously hurt.

Rojas and the youth allegedly stole a Honda Civic from the parking lot and later crashed it into a tree in the 9800 Block of East Colfax Avenue.

They ran from officers and were later arrested separately about three blocks away.

Subscribe to the Rocky Mountain News

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Local happenings,

" processed for removal ",...that's an interesting term I've not heard before.

Link: http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/hourlyupdate/257291.php

Hourly Update
Border Patrol agent assaulted near Casa Grande
By Stephen Ceasar
Special to the Arizona Daily Star
Tucson, Arizona | Published: 09.12.2008

A U.S. Border Patrol Agent was assaulted by an illegal immigrant Wednesday while trying to apprehend the man near Casa Grande.
As the agent approached the man he began punching the agent and attempted to wrestle away his firearm, said Mike Scioli , spokesman for the Border Patrol�s Tucson Sector. The agent was able to subdue the man and subsequently arrest him. The man, from Michoac�n, Mexico, is being charged with assault on a federal officer.
Agents also rescued an illegal immigrant Wednesday who fell off a 20 foot cliff before being found. Agents carried the 52-year-old woman, from Puebla, Mexico, to an extraction point near Pe�a Blanca Lake, said Scioli i. She was then transported by air ambulance to University Medical Center for treatment.
An illegal immigrant who is an active member of the gang MS-13 was apprehended Thursday around 5 p.m near Nogales, said Scioli. He was transported to the Nogales Detention Center where he was fingerprinted and held. Checks through the Integrated Automated Fingerprint identification System � a database detailing prior arrests at the local, state, and federal level � revealed that he was in fact an active member of MS-13. The man, from Zacatecas, Mexico, was processed for removal.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
"processed for removal. "

Wonder what that means/implies.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Processing the paperwork, as to correct ID, getting signitures, legal forms etc. This being a Govt. operation, the administration paperwork involved is ever present.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
It's time to bring this to the fore,......and get more PROMISES as to just what the future's really gonna' be.

We can't keep "Losing " 78 miles of fence,...not at 3.8 millon a mile.

This money's being STOLEN,...from YOU

Blowing Border Bucks
How DHS Wasted Billions

American Patrol Report-- September 13
What costs more? Top � expand highway from two to four lanes. -- Bottom: Build a vehicle barrier along the border with National Guard help. -- Answer: Bottom.

The U.S. taxpayer ponied up $2.73 billion over two years to build a border fence. Most of what it got was a bunch of bureaucrats determined to keep the border open and contractors lining their pockets.
According to the Government Accountability Office, the Department of Homeland Security awarded the Boeing Company contracts totaling $933 million dollars for the SBInet system, of which $122 million was spent building a fence (Page 8). The fence, 32 miles of fairly simple post and mesh design, runs along the desert south and east of Yuma, Arizona cost $3.8 million per mile � and that was last year.
The rest, $817 million was totally wasted on a stupid virtual fence and useless bureaucrats.
Outrageous Costs
The GOA reports that, vehicle barriers alone now cost $4 million per mile. (By comparison, an Arizona Highway was expanded from two-lanes to four lanes for $3.1 million per mile.)

Estimates Vary

The GAO says "We previously reported that as of February 21, 2008, the SBI program office had constructed 168 miles of pedestrian fence and 135 miles of vehicle fence." ( Page 2). Strangely enough, the current GAO report ( page 15) says that, as of August 22, 2008, the SBI had built only 109 miles of pedestrian fence, and that is after adding 19 miles fence since February. If we add 168 miles in February and 19 miles built since, we get we get 186 miles, not 109 as now reported. Somehow we are missing 78 miles of fence.

American Border Patrol reported that, as of July 29, DHS had built 108 miles of fence.

Huge Bureaucracy

The GAO reports that the SBI program office had a total of 293 employees, of which 164 were contractor support staff.

Summary and Comment

American Patrol will continue to sift through the GAO reports but it is clear that the Strategic Border Initiative is a disaster. It wasted money and people in a blatant bureaucratic assault on the treasury and the security needs of America.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hunter1960
Processing the paperwork, as to correct ID, getting signitures, legal forms etc. This being a Govt. operation, the administration paperwork involved is ever present.

Paperwork,......HMMMMmmmm,

I think we were hoping it involved something like draining his circulatory system.

...........that's a "Process",......No?

GTC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can't harm them, eventhough their illegal aliens. I don't always agree with it, but the courts sure do. Harm them and they'll have a big payday, and you'll be in the pen.

I've seen two cases alone in this year in this state, that the courts have ruled that the handling of illegals, is that as the same for US citizens.

One case resulted in $130.000 being awarded to an illegal and the other case the original traffic stop and citation was thrown out, and the civil trial hasn't started yet. It will also result in money being paid.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Yup,....well I would just interject into that little advisory that we're not discussing "Illegal Aliens"

....we're discussing MS13.

Dig ?

GTC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Yup,....well I would just interject into that little advisory that we're not discussing "Illegal Aliens"

....we're discussing MS13.

Dig ?

GTC

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It still doesn't matter if they belong to a gang or a church group. There still hands off. Hell the Italian Mafia and the KKK have killed more folks inside the USA, then Hispanic gangs like MS13 ever have.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
For you Hunter,.....for you.

........the majority of us ( fortunately) are not encumbered with your horses Azz Agency's "Rules of engagement"

We're just everyday folks,..... with RIGHTS that we're well aware of, and ABLE to excercise in the abscense of "Pros", like yourself.

When I do need some specific advice regarding my rights, I'll keep you in mind,.......

The fact that you're getting the handle "God" is impressive.

GTC

Page 22 of 36 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 69 invisible), 2,644 guests, and 1,379 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,452
Posts18,471,057
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.