Local happenings,

" processed for removal ",...that's an interesting term I've not heard before.

Link: http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/hourlyupdate/257291.php

Hourly Update
Border Patrol agent assaulted near Casa Grande
By Stephen Ceasar
Special to the Arizona Daily Star
Tucson, Arizona | Published: 09.12.2008

A U.S. Border Patrol Agent was assaulted by an illegal immigrant Wednesday while trying to apprehend the man near Casa Grande.
As the agent approached the man he began punching the agent and attempted to wrestle away his firearm, said Mike Scioli , spokesman for the Border Patrol�s Tucson Sector. The agent was able to subdue the man and subsequently arrest him. The man, from Michoac�n, Mexico, is being charged with assault on a federal officer.
Agents also rescued an illegal immigrant Wednesday who fell off a 20 foot cliff before being found. Agents carried the 52-year-old woman, from Puebla, Mexico, to an extraction point near Pe�a Blanca Lake, said Scioli i. She was then transported by air ambulance to University Medical Center for treatment.
An illegal immigrant who is an active member of the gang MS-13 was apprehended Thursday around 5 p.m near Nogales, said Scioli. He was transported to the Nogales Detention Center where he was fingerprinted and held. Checks through the Integrated Automated Fingerprint identification System � a database detailing prior arrests at the local, state, and federal level � revealed that he was in fact an active member of MS-13. The man, from Zacatecas, Mexico, was processed for removal.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain