Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Duffman
Sad, sad dlrow. It hangs out here, taunting people, then when asked specific questions it won�t respond except to tell those that will listen how well educated and smart it is. The poor little thing has obviously been kicked around its whole life and to feel better about itself, it comes here to stir up dirt with those that it can completely hide its personal life from.

Dlrow, you�ve gotten the attention you�ve sought, now its time to address the other issues with your mom and dad (if you know who they are). Get the help you need. I think you�ll find it�s much more invigorating and intellectually stimulating to hang out with like minded folks that give you and your thoughts positive feedback than wallowing in, and propagating negativity with folks that you neither like nor have nothing in common with.

duffman I've addressed you directly previously. Saying that I'm a indigent unloved man doesn't make it fact.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Barkoff,

It is not directed at anyone, But as one who has allowed himself to get cranked up by some jerk on a forum in the past, hindsight is 20/20.

This thread, and its point only encourages him. Its all about him, and he will be back every 15 minutes to check it, revel in it and poke the local bears.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by kaboku68
You know Dlrow.
I work with a lot of OBAMA supporters. They are happy with themselves and they leave the room when I enter. They feel that the election will result with OBAMA winning.

Thats fine.

I just have noticed that OBAMA really has not said anything of value.
He really has not done anything of value in the Senate.
I don't think that he changed the world in Illinois.
Many have commented that Ditka would have beat him and taken his spot.

Obama has a couple of books. They smell of sulfur and Brimstone and a ghost writer someplace.

His best moment was his speech on racism that he gave last Spring during Rev. Wright controversy.

He read it off of the teleprompter and it contained a bit of intellectual substance.

He tries to call up President Kennedy all of the time.
He even has the same Chicago power structure behind him.

I am not going to change your mind but what I would like you to do is to find how Barack Obama uses his skills as a Constitutional Scholar with a lecture or article on something of merit.

Right now. He seems to be the master of the ball control offense.

Look good and get the ladies on the View and Oprah behind him.

I had Robert Reich as a professor and he is smart but only in his directed ivory tower. He doesn't have a grasp on the increasing turbulent world that is out there.

Sometimes people get so directed on achieving a goal that they don't really think about the consequences.

Alexis De Toqueville noted in Democracy in America that the best and brightest run for public office in this country. It hasn't changed since then. I just pray that people will read and think more and move away from this sissified world.

I see so many young people who are just yearning to be mentally challenged and physically tested. The system won't let you do it that way.

I really don't believe that Barack OBama has had to work physically in his whole life.

Sincerely,

Thomas

Thomas,

Based on your assertions you are a learned man. I have no reason to think otherwise. I agree with your colleagues that Mr. Obama will win.

I have read both his books and came away with a different opinion of the substantive nature of those books. I thought those texts demonstrated a sharp wit, optimism, and forethought.

I don't believe his best moment came in response to Mr. Wrights remarks. I think its highly disingenuous to assert a teleprompter feeds him.

I don't care about the View or Oprah.

I admit ignorance about Dr. Reich.

I'm confused by your comment on Alexis De Toqueville.. it would seem that you are saying that Mr. Obama is among the best and brightest. I would agree that Mr. Obama is among the best and the brightest.

You didn't clarify what "system" is constraining the challenging of young people.

You may be correct regarding what Mr. Obama has had to physically do.

Barkoff Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe
Barkoff,

It is not directed at anyone, But as one who has allowed himself to get cranked up by some jerk on a forum in the past, hindsight is 20/20.

This thread, and its point only encourages him. Its all about him, and he will be back every 15 minutes to check it, revel in it and poke the local bears.

Well saying or doing nothing hasn't changed a thing. Anyone sooner or later will tire of talking to themselves or shooting off spam that goes unread. I think we agree that this guy revels in reaction, not sure if he was neglected when he was younger or just enjoys being an ass.

Everyone who disagrees with the majority has a few different roads to choose from, he has chose the wrong road if getting others to hear his opinions is his goal, I for one and others who agree, have had enough of his trolling.

dlrow hasn't been around long enough to remember the fire fights this moderate has had on this board, but you just keep plugging along, you don't throw crap in the faces of those you wish to take your opinions seriously..but I do hear your opinion and it might be right, but I and many, have had enough of this spam.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
My Bad.

He said that it was only in America where those who were most capable of leading the country controlled the reins of power from behind the scenes.

Look for Daley in Chicago to have more power.

In the 1920s a political party sought to support its middle class citizens. It developed a policy that social welfare needed to come from the state and not from the churches and charity.
It blamed the problems of the economy on a sub-group of the population. It claimed that the party structures were corrupt and it needed change to lead out of economic doldrums that were generated by government expenses in rebuilding infrastructures on foreign lands.
They were elected with a small minority of 33%. Their charismatic young leader took control of chancellorship of the country. They separated the powers in the countries constitution because they encountered a "fire crisis". One that strangely sounds like the one that Mr. Obama is supposed to face in the first six months. One of the first things that they did was to enact strict gun control laws and prohibitive tax policies.

Eventually the country turned its direction to changing the rest of the world. The sub-group that it blamed for its problems was targeted and moved to camps out of the country.

Strange but scary.
Maybe it seems not plausible.
But who knows.

Good night.

Thomas
Guess

Last edited by kaboku68; 10/22/08.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just calm down ladies and gentlemen. After the election is over everything will be back to normal here. Trust me. smile

I'm Libertarian for these 3 reasons:

1.) I'm American
2.) I'm not insane enough to be Democrat
3.) I'm not wussy enough to be Republican

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I understand.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
In two weeks i'm going to build my daughter a 243. I'm thinking about a Savage stainless action and medium length medium contour barrel. Probably pretty heavy so that she is able to handle the recoil.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/10/22/9355/4279/150/638528

Barkoff Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dlrow
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I think he should continue to post.

I think he needs to read our views as well.

Why would you think he reads or values anyone's views? He shows no indication of that, rather he spams and spams, then runs back to Media Matters for his next gem.

Bring a valid argument to the table and I'll value it.

I tried that, I asked you why Obama would delay the tax increases "on the rich" if he truly believes it is the right thing for the economy and the country, but you came up empty.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
empty is all he's got Barkoff

from between the ears to where his guts ought to be, just empty

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RufusG
Who’s in?

Good post. I think many (myself included) have been doing this already but cheers to you for starting a movement. I nominate you for the honorary status of "board leader" FWIW.

A Californian leading this board? Brother you need to re-think. smile

Hey, I said it was an honorary status, kinda like giving Frank Sinatra a PhD. wink

G
GPA Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
All you wimpy ostrich boys....raise your hands!

McCain just might lose because of the likes of you: Rather than debate the issues, you choose to call names and degrade those who don't think just like you. HEY....That's what Dopey and Winky have been doing. I hope they...and you all...lose. It would be a just reward reward for juvenile behavior.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm no board leader, but I have come to the realization that dlrow is starting to ruin the board with his liberal spam. I have never used the ignore function, I don't believe in it. I believe in listening to all opinions that differ from my own, even those that drastically differ. I'll argue with just about anybody, most of you know that. I do disagree with dlrow a lot, but don�t mind his opinion so much as I do his spamming this fine board.

You know Barkoff, you've got the best ideas but nobody listens--maybe one of these days the Campfire folks will start listening to you grin

Remember, dlrow is just the liberal version of the proverbial partisan.......

I'm also pretty sure dlrow is nemesis's alter ego........

I just ignore them both, and don't bother to read/respond.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by teal
Could be worse, could be a Canuck wink

funny , half this country agrees with your opinion except in reverse order , personally i dont think we are all that different other then the fact we have recently elected a conservative government by a considerable margin.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I regret that even this thread has given the creep the attention he/she/it desires.

dlrow is like a flasher in the park, and deserves the same response: disgust and a rapid departure.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You're absolutely right.

Lesson learned. Thanks professor! Won't happen again!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by redmtn

funny , half this country agrees with your opinion except in reverse order , personally i dont think we are all that different other then the fact we have recently elected a conservative government by a considerable margin.
So called conservative. Conservative is always a relative term. Brezhnev was a conservative by Soviet standards. Just means you're of the persuasion that the way things have traditionally been done in your country (having a long and successful history) are best.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by redmtn

So called conservative. Conservative is always a relative term. Brezhnev was a conservative by Soviet standards. Just means you're of the persuasion that the way things have traditionally been done in your country (having a long and successful history) are best.

Our present day Consvervative Party*s grass roots go back to the Reform Party which originated in western Canada , its about as far rightwing as we are going to get and still have a chance to be elected into office as our country is being overrun with individuals similiar in nature to gpa and dlrow.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GPA
All you wimpy ostrich boys....raise your hands!

McCain just might lose because of the likes of you: Rather than debate the issues, you choose to call names and degrade those who don't think just like you. HEY....That's what Dopey and Winky have been doing. I hope they...and you all...lose. It would be a just reward reward for juvenile behavior.

...and the people posting on the liberal boards never do that kind of thing.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Barkoff,
You may not believe in the 'Ignore' button/feature, but I do. When someone 'verbally' abuses people enough, then putting them on ignore is a reasonable thing to do. Only problem with it is that if you happen to look at the Fire without logging in you see their posts.
With the ignore on you just quit reponding to their posts and, with no audience, they will either modify their behavior or leave. Either response is okay with me.
One guy on ignore (for me) doesn't post much anymore and that is fine with me. His posts were mean spirited nasty things with personal attacks.
So, sure, anybody can 'say' anything they want but if they're not reasonably civil they can talk to themselves or a rock.

Retired cat herder.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

187 members (160user, 22kHornet, 12344mag, 2UP, 35, 19 invisible), 1,610 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,439
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.