Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It works particularly well when I have to help clean up a patient who is incontinent of bowell! A dab under each nostril hole and a couple of deep inhalations through the nose and I'm ready to get to work. Changing colostomy bags has never been easier. Sappurating wound smell? A thing of the past.

I'm ready for the gangrene ward!

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Yeah,..so I get this rash, ya see?,.. and I'm diggin' 'round in the medicine cabinet for something that looks promisin',.... see the Absorbine Junior.

I think,.. "It works on the old man's athletes feet!,..what the hell?!

whoooooo-EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee

It'll turn ya into a human fan, man,...no chit!

Bristoe, just made my morning!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
It works particularly well when I have to help clean up a patient who is incontinent of bowell! A dab under each nostril hole and a couple of deep inhalations through the nose and I'm ready to get to work. Changing colostomy bags has never been easier. Sappurating wound smell? A thing of the past.

I'm ready for the gangrene ward!

Dan

Dan, sounds like this is a song for you!

Praise the Colo-rectal-Surgeon

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Average Guy
Used to know a guy who swore that rubbing WD-40 on his knees kept his Arthritis down.i dunno.

On a serious side, sorry to ruin things.

The WD 40 will work on arthritis, it will also absolutely wreck your liver if used to often. How much or often is to often?

Last edited by battue; 11/22/08.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My late uncle frequently suffered from hemorrhoids but refused surgery. His old country doctor recommended using Vicks for relief. Years later I recalled this when in need and have to report that it works better than anything else.

Doing so will certainly create a new dance move or two, but the stuff really works wonders.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
If ya wanna feel like ya wrapped up inna warm blanket,...put some Absorbine Junior on ya crotch.

Kinda like using a dry corn cob and turpentine on a cat's rear end. cry Were you running really fast too? eek

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Absorbine Jr. flies off the shelves around here when the gnats come out. Does seem to work as a repellent.

'Skin so Soft' sold by your Avon lady is a great insect repellent but I'm sure you all know that. Right?

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I suffered from plantar fasciitis for well over five years. Some days, I was totally down from the pain.

It was amazing how many ineffective treatments the doctors and prodiatrists had. The MDs injected huge amounts of cortisone with horse needles, there were orthotics and one prodiatrist had me scheduled for surgery to SEVER both plantar tendons.

One day, a neighbor who lives a block away, advised me to rub my feet with Vick's Vaporub every night and put on socks. Willing to try anything, I did just that every evening and again before going to bed.

The plantar fasciitis pain lessened and in about a week it was totally gone.

I have occasional light flare-ups, but a night or two of Vick's and socks and it's totally gone.

Totally true story.

Steve

PS. A hint: Don't apply Vick's to your feet and then wipe your azz. gringringrin

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Don't eat jalapenos from the jar with your fingers...and then get amorous with your wife!

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MColeman
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Absorbine Jr. flies off the shelves around here when the gnats come out. Does seem to work as a repellent.

'Skin so Soft' sold by your Avon lady is a great insect repellent but I'm sure you all know that. Right?

Yep - and vanilla has now completed the triumverate in mothers' purses at baseball games in the summer.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Gnats tend to hover around dog pekkers during the summer down south, here.

I can't say for sure,.. having never tried it,.. but I would strongly suspect that the dogs prefer the dog pekker gnats to a dose of Absorbine Junior to eliminate them.

In fact,... if anyone is planning to apply Absorbine Junior to their dog's nether regions,..I'd like to know in advance so I can sell tickets.

Times are hard,.. but there will always be a paying audience to watch someone get mauled because he applied Absorbine Junior to a Black & Tan's pink thing.

,...guarenteed,....

Yep, not that bad a thing to be called an old "gnatty dicked dog" around these parts... been called worse smirk

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Thanks so much for this advice. I tried it last night on a cold that wouldn't go away. I am totally amazed how much better it is. Thanks again!!!!

The foundation for old age is good memories.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Ya got to make sure you put socks on though cause if you get up during the night to pee you will slip when your greased foot hits the tile floor in the bathroom.....don't ask how I know this

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Back when there was money in evergreens, my grandparents owned the most modern cedar oil distillery in the US. (and it twernt all that fancy but they didn't use mud to cool the condenser so they were miles ahead)

Vicks was a large customer. See, cedar oil is/was an ingredient in the vapor rub - so thanks all of you for buying it - with that money they bought land and now I get to hunt it...

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dogzapper
I suffered from plantar fasciitis for well over five years. Some days, I was totally down from the pain.

It was amazing how many ineffective treatments the doctors and prodiatrists had. The MDs injected huge amounts of cortisone with horse needles, there were orthotics and one prodiatrist had me scheduled for surgery to SEVER both plantar tendons.

One day, a neighbor who lives a block away, advised me to rub my feet with Vick's Vaporub every night and put on socks. Willing to try anything, I did just that every evening and again before going to bed.

I have occasional light flare-ups, but a night or two of Vick's and socks and it's totally gone.

Totally true story.

Steve

PS. A hint: Don't apply Vick's to your feet and then wipe your azz. gringringrin

Steve,
Bout to have surgery myself for plantar facititis and heel spurs! Im gonna have to try this remedy first. As bad as I despise the smell of Vics, if it will help my feet, I will try it.

"Courage is Fear holding on a minute longer."
-Gen. Patton
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NurseKat
Originally Posted by dogzapper

Totally true story.

Steve

Steve,
Bout to have surgery myself for plantar facititis and heel spurs! Im gonna have to try this remedy first. As bad as I despise the smell of Vics, if it will help my feet, I will try it.

Friend Kat,

I was a total disbeliever and just knew that it would not work. Dang if it didn't work.

I didn't mention all of the physical therapy (twelve sessions), exercises and rolling my feet over Coke cans every morning.

My friend, Vick's spread thickly on my feet and spending evenings in loose-fitting socks worked a miracle. In a week or so, I was totally pain free. Unbelieveable, but totally true.

I forgot to mention that my bride of 45 years had the same problem a year or two later. She hobbled around for several months and one day I talked her into trying the silly Vick's Vaporub thing. A week or two later, she was fine and the plantar fasciitis never returned

Kat, I truly hope and pray that this will work for you. You know how bad the pain is and this is a truly noninvasive remedy. Please try Vick's every day for a while. Please let me know if it works for you.

Your friend Steve

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just got back from the orthopaedic clinic and visit with my doc buddy. My heel's been hurting for a couple weeks and I had no idea my plantar had turned fascist but that's what he said. He ordered further weight loss, exercises and threatened physical therapy if things didn't improve. Recalling dogzapper's post, I mentioned the success of Vick's in at least a couple cases. It's worth a try even if the orthopod stepped outside his specialty and diagnosed me as nuts.

The one thing I don't want is physical therapy. The little therapist at that clinic worked me over for knee pain several years ago and I'm still doing the exercises to avoid having to face her again. She was royally PO'd one day when she didn't believe I'd done all the prescribed exercises and gave me a workout that left me wondering how I'd get back to my car.

Anyway, I'll follow doc's orders with exercises, stretching, over the counter pain meds and throw in a little dogzapper treatment and hope something works.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If one of those things works be sure and give credit to the Vicks, it'll drive the doc nuts. laugh

Sassy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey, what the heck can it hurt????? The worst that can happen is you'll be out five bucks and the skin on your feet will be softer.

Actually, my physical therapy was not all bad. Ineffectual and a waste of time .... granted. BUT, there was something kinky about a cute little thing rubbing oil into my footsies and massaging them for fifteen minutes each. gringringrin

I might add that I made every effort to keep the Vick's in place on my feet and also on Karen's feet, when I spread it on hers. It would be very easy for tight socks to have a wiping effect, so I used very loose, thick hunting socks. And a couple of times, I even reapplied Vick's before bed and slept in what I called "Hot Socks."

There are probably much worse things than plantar fasciitis, but I live with the memories of pain so bad that I could not walk. Many times, I'd wake in the middle of the night and have to pee, and I'd actually crawl to the bathroom because walking was too painful.

And then the next morning, not being able to walk until stretching out the plantar tendon by rolling for several minutes over a Coke can. No joy.

Plantar "turning fascist" SUCKS!!!!!!

Anyway, I pray that each and every one of the Campfire crew who suffers from this disorder gets total and lasting relief from the Vick's treatment. For me, it was a complete Godsend and an end to a dark segment of my life.

Steve

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WARD:

I'm now down 48 pounds to a fighting weight of 178 pounds.

Steve

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

144 members (1beaver_shooter, 14idaho, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 16penny, 24 invisible), 1,427 guests, and 1,017 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,650
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.