Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
H
hmt Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
Since we have discussed this in so many threads with various posters input, I thought maybe a "wish list" thread would help MR from having to sort through all of the past posts on this subject.

So ... my MR wish list ...

** Hunter Version Overkill NICE Frame - Taller for effective load lifter placement whether using the frame alone, load sling or with a pack bag; and would eliminate the need for heavy subframes on the pack bags

** Hunter Version NICE Crew Cab - Designed to fit the taller frame; plus probably would get about 20% more capacity??? confused

** Hunter NICE 5000 PACK - 5000 ci; tall, slim pack profile. (would be used for shorter elk and deer hunts and scouting)

** Hunter NICE 7500 Pack - 7500 ci; (would be used for dream hunts; moose, bear, etc and very long trips)

Lighter weight materials - I know this is a tough one when balancing indestructible and low weight.

Other things I would be OK with if they were left off to conserve weight:

- top lid backpack straps
- half as much MOLLE webbing
- ???

I know much of this deviates from the interoperability of the regular NICE line and the extra business expense of bringing out a more specialized product, but I can still hope right? grin

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The one advantage the Kifaru hauler has over the Nice is the longer frame and more effective load lifter straps , although i prefer the harness set up better on the MR.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I have been looking at purchasing a MR pack. I can't decide between the CC or the NICE 6500. This would not be a problem if they had a NICE 5000. That would be just right.

I also purchased a Bullpac last year and love it. I was wondering if I could strap a MR (minus the frame) to my Bullpac? Any one with Bullpacs out there tried this? Either way, I am going to get an MR!!!!

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
They had a NICE 5000 then it vanished i was going to buy one then they were gone all of the sudden and off there website

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think my Cerberus is around the same size as the NICE 5000......and its a perfect size for everyday hunting and extended trips.....

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have a nice 5500 IIRC. I like it much fine. and my top pack DOES have back pack straps.

Last edited by high_country_; 11/13/08.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
H
hmt Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
Well ... with this type of turnout, I'm sure to get my wish list ... grin

Last edited by hmt; 11/17/08.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Taller Hunter vesrsion of the Nice crew cab would be perfect IMHO!! Put me in for one!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I love mine the way it is smile

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
H
hmt Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
MR ... there are still 19 shopping days left before Xmas to come out with a new, longer NICE frame ... how bout it? grin

IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
MR ... there are still 19 shopping days left before Xmas to come out with a new, longer NICE frame ... how bout it?
Just enough to let the loadlifters do their thing. cool smile grin crazy laugh cry wink whistle

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
HMT and Tx Trapper~

I'd love to see some photos of the loads you guys are carrying..... the "load lifter" doesn't actually lift the load.... I've read posts where people say they work better on the 6500 than the Crew Cab..... this is true. But it should be noted the load lifters are designed to bring the load closer to your center to balance the weight between your waist and shoulders..... not to lift the load.

We're planning on developing something of this nature...... specifically to meet the needs of Alaskan Hunters...... but you'll have to be a little more patient!!!!

I've carried two elk hind quarters at once, entire boned out mule deer, and entire full body antelope.... my Crew Cab functioned perfectly with these loads.... I need to see the loads you're carrying and hear your ideas on an extended frame in order to produce something....

But I'm open to it. Let the designing begin!!!

Photos Gentlemen.... Photos.

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My MR wish list:
-Crew Cab in urban camo
-Cell phone pocket on the hip belt so I can text my friends while I hunt
-Integral bear bells installed on all models

Kidding of course...I have a lot of respect for an outdoor company that sticks with what it does best and doesn't compromise quality or values.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...&topic=0&Search=true#Post2100256

Mark, Here is the post of my problem. I agree the loadlifters are not to lift the load persay but along w/ pulling it into the body, to also lift the weight off the shoulders. That being why they would need to be above the shoulders. I honestly think this is accurring mostly in the longer torso people like me.I am in no way bashing the pack as I think it is well suited for the purpose that we use it for. BUT as the thread says it just became a burden after a while w/ a load. When I extended the frame and made the LL do their job it was fine . I did chat w/ you in length if you remember and also sent these pics for you to look at. --Allen-- smile

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
O.K. My wish list;
The NICE frame could stay the same as is now but have the capability of having two aluminum stays that could slide into their own snug pocket that would be removable and would stickup above the top of the exsisting frame maybe 6"-10" that you could attach the loadlifters to when hauling a load, and when not would be able to pull out stays and stuff in pocket and have the crewcab w/ a small profile for daypack mode. I think this could be a simple add-on for the co. that make the packs. --Allen--

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Guys~

I think I'll try to get Dana himself to answer some of these "Load Lifter" specific questions..... I think he'll have a lot to share from the design side of things...

Allen.... good to touch base again... it's tough with everyone using screen names to know exactly who you're talking with!!! I definitely remember our conversations.

How'd your season go?

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
H
hmt Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
MR,

I will second Tx's comments ... and probably add 100 words of drivel that are technically incorrect ... grin

Having a longer torso (~20.5") and round chest (54"), the load lifters on the frame+6500 are much, much more effective for me than with the frame itself. I agree "lift" isn't probably the correct term. Maybe tension distributors??? crazy

I'm no engineer, but I liken it to a suspension bridge distributing weight ...

The load lifters placed at an upward angle (6500) better distributes the pressure on the shoulders (for me) to the entire arc of the straps around the shoulder circumference instead of a single pressure point with the lower load lifters of the frame by itself. ... this provides great stabilization and enables me to adjust even more weight to the belt.

H
hmt Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
Oh ... one more thing ...

Patient??? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ... shocked

I'm just trying to stimulate the economy! grin

Can we have it before next hunting season? whistle

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
HMT~

It's good to hear you're doing your part to boost the national economy!!!

I'll have a discussion with Dana and see what we can do. If we do decide to make something like this I'll promise you one thing...... we won't rush it. We'll make sure to get it right.... and I can't make any promises, but I do understand the need.

Thanks for your sharing your info and giving us the challenge.

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
H
hmt Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
MR,

Thanks for taking the forums feedback. Its great when companies listen to their customers; even when it doesn't make business sense in the end and we dont always get what we want, it's still nice to know your listening.

PS - a very, very simple frame add-on 3000 ci pack would be cool too ... for summer scouting trips ...

Last edited by hmt; 12/06/08.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (06hunter59, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 1234, 73 invisible), 2,091 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,891
Posts18,479,159
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.