Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Originally Posted by Barak

1. Speak softly and carry a big stick.

2. If that doesn't work, speak loudly and wave your big stick.

3. If that doesn't work, shut up and use your big stick.

I'm going to share that with my classes Barak, if you don't mind.

Sure--it isn't even mine.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
GB1

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Over/under on this at 10 pages...............

This is easily going OVER because all COPS ARE BAD

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Nope, you gravy sucking anarchist, its gonna die out UNDER because all COPS ARE GOOD

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Depends on how many posts per page you run - this is only page 3 for me - rarely does anything (even hot chick threads) run 10 pages for me.

Me

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
This is page 15 for me.

IC B2

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
... as I'm concerned, that's criminal negligence.
Yep.

PS Have to disagree with you on the double action revolver, though. It is about the ideal solution for the very concern you stated, because it requires a relatively long trigger stroke under resistance to fire it in the double action mode, and you have no business starting the pull if you do not intend to fire it that very instant.

Pulling a double-action trigger without staging it isn't particularly conducive to accuracy. As long as your trigger finger is actually moving, the geometry of the combination of your hand and the gun is changing, which means the barrel is unavoidably waggling around. That doesn't have to be true if your muscles are merely increasing pressure on the trigger but not actually moving it.

At arm's-length range there's no reason to stage; but if the guy is running away dragging my daughter, I'm going to want all the accuracy I can get so as to pot him but not my daughter. I'd want to stage the trigger, make one final check while I tune my aim to ensure that he hasn't dropped my daughter in order to run faster, and then squeeze off the shot. Wouldn't want to accidentally over-stage into a premature shot and then discover I shouldn't have taken it.

Admittedly, this is getting into some pretty esoteric stuff. I don't mean to disrespect anybody else's personal choice in carry guns or to claim that my own is objectively best: just to mention that I agree with you about intentionality, and my agreement is what has driven me to make the choice I've made.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
What exactly do you carry?

As for double action revolvers not being accurate in the double action mode, I can quickly hit steel plates the size of human heads fifteen yards away like clockwork, and I'm no competition champion either. There are no physical properties of a double action trigger pull that makes it inherently inaccurate. It's as accurate as the shooter is practiced.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BMT

UNDER--Tragic Mistake by a good Cop

rabble rouser!

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
What exactly do you carry?

Usually a Glock 17. Occasionally a Star BM, which is a 1911-style SA.

As for double action revolvers not being accurate in the double action mode, I can quickly hit steel plates the size of human heads fifteen yards away like clockwork, and I'm no competition champion either. There are no physical properties of a double action trigger pull that makes it inherently inaccurate. It's as accurate as the shooter is practiced.

As I said, I'm not interested in disrespecting anyone else's choice. If it's just me that can't hit the side of a barn with an unstaged DA, fine.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Pulling a double-action trigger without staging it isn't particularly conducive to accuracy. As long as your trigger finger is actually moving, the geometry of the combination of your hand and the gun is changing, which means the barrel is unavoidably waggling around. That doesn't have to be true if your muscles are merely increasing pressure on the trigger but not actually moving it.

At arm's-length range there's no reason to stage; but if the guy is running away dragging my daughter, I'm going to want all the accuracy I can get so as to pot him but not my daughter. I'd want to stage the trigger, make one final check while I tune my aim to ensure that he hasn't dropped my daughter in order to run faster, and then squeeze off the shot. Wouldn't want to accidentally over-stage into a premature shot and then discover I shouldn't have taken it.

This, is precisely correct.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Page 8 for me. Look, I'm enthralled by this stuff, so I've printscreened stills of some of the video. There's probably a better way to capture the stuff frame by frame, but I don't know it. For better or worse, I'm posting what I've got so far.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm452/amx1165/Project11-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm452/amx1165/Project12.png[/img]

[img]http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm452/amx1165/Project13.png[/img]

[img]http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm452/amx1165/Project14.png[/img]

And these are the officers just after the shooting
[img]http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm452/amx1165/Project5.png[/img]

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

So just fire single action.

And thanx for the opening to allow me to post this pic . . . .

[Linked Image]

BMT

Last edited by BMT; 01/07/09.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The best shooters I used to compete against never staged their triggers, shot double action only. But then again what did they know. crazy

One was the first in the country to ever shoot a perfect 600-60x in PPC. Someone should tell him to stage his trigger, he'd shoot better.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Can anyone tell from my pics if any of these officers are carrying anything like a Taser?

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Mac84
Originally Posted by BMT

UNDER--Tragic Mistake by a good Cop

rabble rouser!

Of Course . . . .

BMT

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
The best shooters I used to compete against never staged their triggers, shot double action only.
This is precisely correct.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Everyone knows that the police make mistakes.i'm sure i've upset my share of lawyers french fry salesman shrimp boat captains and what have you i never whipped out my Glock and backshot any of them.If i were on a jury i'd have no choice but to see this officer off to Holman and a date with the needle supposedly a more humane way than 'Bama's Yellow Mama.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Six rounds in seven seconds from the holster, one handed, doesn't lend time to stage............................................

If the sights are shifting either your grip is wrong or your using way too much finger on the trigger.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
If you follow the training routine described in Ed McGivern's Fast and Fancy Revolver Shooting, you will develop a non-staged double action trigger stroke and become very accurate and fast in your double action revolver shooting.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Shooting DA is an acquired skill. Those who can do it well can shoot as good as anyone but it takes practice. I wore a raging blister into a leathery callous learning how before I could even begin to approach my level of competency with a 1911. Now, I can beat my armed officers (Glock 23�s) at the monthly qualifications with my DA-only 2� M-64. My boss is an old retired cop from IL and he�s right there with me with his M-10.

Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, AB2506, 406_SBC, 14 invisible), 3,226 guests, and 778 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,806
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.