Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I believe you might be trying to say "Chapparal".

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
GB1

kciH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My pusher/rifle pimp called to say that mine arrived today. Hope I can get there before closing time.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I hope it meets your expectations, and you're happy with it.

BTW, with my full size Sharps 1874 it takes seven movements after firing to reload and prepare for the next shot.

1. Pull hammer to half cock
2. Drop lever and extract case
3. Reload
4. Close breech
5. Bring hammer to full cock
6. Reposition tang sight
7. Set trigger

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I watched the show "Cowboys" a couple months ago and they were doing a piece on the copies of the little sharps and "Chiappa" is correct spelling. They told how the folks at the Little Sharps Co. had agreed to let them make the copies in Italy.

The folks from Big Sandy brought their guns to the gun show in Great Falls, MT for several years. Can't say if they still do since I moved away, but they were nice.

It sure is funny how we have been trying to scale down our rifles to make them lighter and lighter, but the Little Sharps is ridiculed because it is to small. I know, I know, it isn't historically accurate.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think for that design, if I were into the Sharps rifles, I'd want one somewhere in the middle, the 1885 Low Wall was just right for me, easy to operate and fit well, but light enough. Just need more calibers.

Maybe some will find it to their liking, one often must handle one in person to see what fits them.

IC B2

R
R
This same show had Tequila shooting a buffalo with a factory custom chambered 454 Casull Little Sharps. Anyone heard if they plan on offering the 454 as a normal chambering? I would have thought it may be too much cartridge for the Sharps? But it sure would be fun.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
There is an article in the March "Guns" magazine with these little rifles featured in it. There is even a picture of one next to an original Sharps owned by the infamous "Shrapnel"...
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Whoooey! Nice guns!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
kciH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Paul39
I hope it meets your expectations, and you're happy with it.

BTW, with my full size Sharps 1874 it takes seven movements after firing to reload and prepare for the next shot.

1. Pull hammer to half cock
2. Drop lever and extract case
3. Reload
4. Close breech
5. Bring hammer to full cock
6. Reposition tang sight
7. Set trigger

Paul

I hope so as well. I didn't get done with work soon enough to stop by, but tomorrow is another day. Hope to go shooting this weekend if it's not snowing/raining.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

kciH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
While I have not measured the length of pull on the rifle, it fits about like any other, certainly not short. Wood to metal fit and overall finish are good. The wood is a bit plain, but has a nice oil finish. There is no need to fold down the tang sight to load and unload the rifle when chambered for the 30-30. It balances quite nicely when held by the forearm, should be a nice carry gun. As was noted in the articles, and by those who have handled them, there is not a lot of finger room to activate the rear trigger. When the front trigger is set the pull is superb. I have not put the trigger scale to it as yet, but I would have to bet it's well under 2 lbs when set and crisp as any I've ever felt on any kind of sporting rifle.

I'm happy with it overall as for quality and will pray for good weather this weekend.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (12344mag, 1234, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 163bc, 57 invisible), 2,195 guests, and 1,110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,560
Posts18,531,582
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.