Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Fair question.......

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yes. They would have added extra safeguards against the consolidation of power in the central government.

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
What do you think they would have done Hawk in light of today's security concerns?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I doubt it. The only way it could come about today is for the current government to be overthrown. We would be starting from scratch as we did in the 18th century. It may have a little more pointed and direct language, so as not to be open to weird interpretations. just my 2 cents

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Would they have considered Free Speech for non citizen combatants?

Would they have considered enemy terrorists as folks protected under their Constitution?

William Arthur Ward

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
" Would The Founding Fathers Have Written It Different Today?"

Yes!

It would be so exceedingly wordy no one would be able to wade through it in 10 lifetimes smile

Fair answer?

Last edited by Archerhunter; 02/03/09.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by amax155
I doubt it. The only way it could come about today is for the current government to be overthrown. We would be starting from scratch as we did in the 18th century. It may have a little more pointed and direct language, so as not to be open to weird interpretations. just my 2 cents
You are precisely correct.

PS Bob, old friend, although I could read the title of your thread (and thus respond to it), that is the extent of it. I cannot read your posts, as you are on my ignore list. It's a shame, really, because it might have been interesting, but as I am a man guided by principle, you will remain on ignore, at least for the foreseeable future.

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Archer...the point I'm trying to make is would the re-wording be more acclimated to coincide with the thoughts of the neocons or the "Band Of 8?"

I mean...sincerely think about this! My position is that the FF's would rather have a luncheon with me and understand my thoughts than the folks who think this country is doing it all wrong!

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LMAO!!!!!!!

All American

All the time
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
PS Bob, old friend, although I could read the title of your thread (and thus respond to it), that is the extent of it. I cannot read your posts, as you are on my ignore list.

Gee...hope I can fall asleep tonight!

William Arthur Ward

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can bet the FF's would have the Crazy 8 on ignore.....

All American

All the time
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
Archer...the point I'm trying to make is would the re-wording be more acclimated to coincide with the thoughts of the neocons or the "Band Of 8?"

I mean...sincerely think about this! My position is that the FF's would rather have a luncheon with me and understand my thoughts than the folks who think this country is doing it all wrong!

There is nothing wrong with keeping a good attitude and being positive. At some point one must be realistic though.

The Founding Fathers would be jailed and called terrorists today. That or they would go down in a ball of flame with Janet Reno commanding army tanks with FBI agents in them.

One thing they wouldn't do is give up their guns when the Oklahoma and Indiana National Guard came banging at the door under orders from a couple of corrupt local officials.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Who do you consider the "crazy eight"? I've heard this term bandied about along with the "ladies guild" for a long time. Exactly which Campfire folks are members according to y'all who use the terms?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I understand, Bob. Just trying to be funny (lame attempt though it were.)

Having read through much of what the FF's wrote leading up to and after the Declaration and Constitution (including BOR) I'd say they'd be more careful to say what they wanted said in more certain terms. Less able to be misconstrued or "restructured" to fit future agendas, that is. I think they'd be quite upset with the way things have turned out were they here now to witness for themselves. And I believe they'd break down and cry knowing it all neeeds done again so soon after the fact.

It's clear they wanted national government caged and tethered in DC. It's clear the people were to be in charge and not minute grouups of power hungry elites. It's clear individual liberty was to be the utmost in the thinking of all persons public and private. And it's clear we haven't done our job being ever watchful to safeguard the legacy they left for us and our posterity.

Seems to me it's all circling the drain mighty quickly now a days and we'll probalby have to do as they suggested sooner or later and cast of said government to start afresh. It's obvious we can't allow the dingleBarrys and Al Galores of the world to continue in power. Nor the RINOs or neo-cons (I dislike using that word). Everyone in politics these days seems bent on destruction in one directioin or another. It saddens me.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Who do you consider the "crazy eight"? I've heard this term bandied about along with the "ladies guild" for a long time. Exactly which Campfire folks are members according to y'all who use the terms?

Also known as RPeeer's....those are the only aliases I know. Of course, I started both of 'em. grin

All American

All the time
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congratulations, Stan. You've outdone yourself. Creativity and imaginativeness unparallelled.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Band of Bozos might work......

All American

All the time
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

Would they have considered enemy terrorists as folks protected under their Constitution?

They would be given all constitutional rights but the legal process would be short and sweet and they would be able to say pretty much what they want until hung from a tree. I think that you are assuming that all things would be the same. For it to come about today this country would be torn apart and look nothing like it is now. If the prisoners from gitmo were taken back to the time of the founding fathers their demise would probably come rather quickly.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

I doubt it ever crossed their minds, and if it had been suggested, would have been dismissed as absurdly ludicrous on it's face.

The circumstance the FF's did not forsee, was the progressive decadence and far reaching corruption our society has decended to, in the ensuing years since their noble sacrifices. Today we call this liberalism.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
No document can prevent the implementation of tyranny by a government.

History has shown that there's only one way for a people to shake off their bonds.

It comes around every so often.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,702
Posts18,494,272
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.