Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
There is nothing wrong with keeping a good attitude and being positive. At some point one must be realistic though.

The Founding Fathers would be jailed and called terrorists today. That or they would go down in a ball of flame with Janet Reno commanding army tanks with FBI agents in them.

One thing they wouldn't do is give up their guns when the Oklahoma and Indiana National Guard came banging at the door under orders from a couple of corrupt local officials.
Exactly right?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep, and unlike the 18th Century, there is no where left to hide. That's what's gonna make it complicated and BAD.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Yep, and unlike the 18th Century, there is no where left to hide. That's what's gonna make it complicated and BAD.
Yep.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Stan V
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Who do you consider the "crazy eight"? I've heard this term bandied about along with the "ladies guild" for a long time. Exactly which Campfire folks are members according to y'all who use the terms?

Also known as RPeeer's....those are the only aliases I know. Of course, I started both of 'em. grin

Man up and name names. Don't be afraid.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I response to your question Bob, I don't think so. But they were the big dogs at the time and lets face it, the problem was a long way away. The population of this country was relatively small, and they all shared a common "cause". While we at the fire seem to be fairly in touch with our roots, I'd guess that greed is the most common "cause" shared by Americans of date.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My family moved west after the war, to get away from the poverty created by the war itself and reconstruction. You are right. There is no place left to go. I have to laugh at people who talk about moving to Australia. He// they lost their guns way before us.

I have to think Crossfire is right about HR 45, for instance, being unenforceable. Unless they want to provoke a war. Your thoughts on it Powell?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Most people don't even know what's in the constitution. They're too concerned with getting to stay here after they entered illegally, getting their next batch of crack or meth or keeping their job in the "service economy". Oh well, I'll just go buy some more Chinese chit at Wal Mart and all will be fine.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I agree, and while politicians are by nature snakes, I don't think they're stupid. They found out in the Clinton years that you can mess with "ugly" guns a little, but when you threaten PaPa's ability to defend himself you'll be out of a job.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I response to your question Bob, I don't think so. But they were the big dogs at the time and lets face it, the problem was a long way away. The population of this country was relatively small, and they all shared a common "cause". While we at the fire seem to be fairly in touch with our roots, I'd guess that greed is the most common "cause" shared by Americans of date.

I was talking to a buddy of mine last night and all he could do was moan and groan about the economy and how as soon as the Chinamen pull their money, all is lost. I see a helluva lot of wealth that wasn't here when I was a kid. The money the politicians just gave away didn't disappear. It's still here. The trick is to either force the rich boys to reinvest in America or just take it the he// back. It wasn't the politicians to give away in the first place. I don't give a damm how many illegal aliens, non-taxpayers and goobermint cheese eaters voted ten times apiece to elect the sorry basstards.

My buddy was talking about how everybody should be hoarding their cash right now...as if most people don't have bills that take the whole paycheck every month. In the next breath he's telling me how he's buying an '06 F250 Crewcab 4x4 to replace the Chevy Heavy-Duty 3/4 ton 4x4 extended cab that he's giving his just-turned fourteen-year-old son. I'm sorry for all the people who've been pink-slipped, but I went to Sam's the other day and couldn't hardly get down the aisles for people buying like he//. I couldn't hardly get up to all the free sample carts they had out... smirk

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
As guiding documents go, the original was just about perfect. There is no way that our Constitution could be duplicated today. I say we are damn lucky that they were able to do it at the time, and even then it was problematical as to whether it would be approved and implemented.

Sam......

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hope you're right because if we learned anything, it's that even these "permanent" assault rifle bills can be overturned once we get our people back in power. The key is to keep the pressure on them. If anything, Obama may have effed up by making so many people first-time gun owners and especially first time assault rifle owners, that wouldn't have been had he not been so anti-gun. Those people are not going to want to give up what they just went to so much trouble and expense to acquire.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
wow band of 8?????

can't recall prezactly

but here's how my memory sees it

Real Hawkeye

Bristoe

rroae (sp?)

don't know if mike762 was present and accounted for at that time or not, but he'd qualify

am thinkin ironbender may have been included but he was never real vocal (smart move on his part I suppose)

pretty sure Barak was included

myself of course

and I don't know who the other would be

I may have included some that shouldn't be on the list, and omitted others that should have

it basically came down to a very small minority that believed in the message Ron Paul espoused though the crowd wanted to ridicule the messenger far more than the message

they're a sophisticated bunch that have made good a good living under both Clinton and Bush and the money that has flowed freely with deficit spending and the liquidity it provided.

they're flag waving GOP members and mostly good guys, but they've lived so long under big government and a watered down Constitution that they have difficulty comprehending the vision our FF's had for this country.

imo the FF's worst fears have been realized tis amazing to me their foresight and predictive abilities.

like I said mostly good guys, but I'll make an exception for Stan, he's a prick of the old school variety at a real campfire he'd have been spittin teeth and crying long ago.

hope they are preparing for what's coming.

still ain't sorry I bought gold isaac, buying more all the time

IOW's you ain't seen nada yet, folks trying to pick or predict a bottom and this gig is just getting going. Or Obama will save the day, take your pick.

took survey this last week of 420 acres I have, was encouraged to find deer, wild turkey and even an old slow possum all edible.

hope it's never needed but I love insurance you pay for once that you can recreate upon and if necessary survive.

the band of 8, RPeers, ladies guild, bunch of whackos, no matter what you call it they called what's coming, have fun.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Good post.

I rarely even respond to the people who want to toss around that tired old nonsense anymore.

The accuracy of Ron Paul's economic predictions are smack dab in the face of virtually everyone in the world right now.

The DOW is in the tank, 2,000,000 people have lost their jobs in the past 4 months, the big banks have failed, and all the government can come up with to do about it is further debase our currency by a virtual doubling of the money supply,..on top of a current 10 trillion dollar debt.

Our system is kaput,...it's not coming back.

No one can say what the eventual outcome of it all will be,...but it's not going to be pleasant.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Good post.

I rarely even respond to the people who want to toss around that tired old nonsense anymore.

The accuracy of Ron Paul's economic predictions are smack dab in the face of virtually everyone in the world right now.

The DOW is in the tank, 2,000,000 people have lost their jobs in the past 4 months, the big banks have failed, and all the government can come up with to do about it is further debase our currency by a virtual doubling of the money supply,..on top of a current 10 trillion dollar debt.

No one can say what the eventual outcome of it all will be,...but it's not going to be pleasant.
+1 to you both.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Good post.

I guess it must be the "Crazy 9" now because in light of the mess right now you are sounding smarter every day.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No question if being written today the FF's would better address immigration and slavery.....look around and think about where the majority of our problems begin.

No way would they shrink our military presence around the globe as would RP and his merry band of code pinkers.

By the way, breaking news.....Daschle pulling out of consideration for a cabinet post!!!!

All American

All the time
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

No way would they shrink our military presence around the globe as would RP and his merry band of code pinkers.

It wouldn't exist if the principals of the founding fathers had been adhered to.

,...and it's not going to exist much longer, anyway.

This country is far too broke to maintain it's empire.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Right. So the FF's that spent time in France begging for aid would have allowed the French to become German in the 40's.....

So, you being the sage you are and more qualified to predict the future than the FF's, are now predicting the end of American leadership? So, which broke and weakened country on the planet replaces us?

All American

All the time
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think, had they a view of what has transpired since written it would be a more direct iron clad document than the one we now have. I believe they really wanted to keep it simple and protected in original form.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
So, which broke and weakened country on the planet replaces us?

china

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

285 members (21, 160user, 2500HD, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 30 invisible), 1,779 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,632
Posts18,493,023
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.