Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 131 of 1,842 1 2 129 130 131 132 133 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Dusty! Ya crazy 'ol fart! That is AWESOME! HA! HA!

cool

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You just didn't have the stones to tell him its "camp flying bear" 'eh? grin

I looked at the pictures before I read the pages....I thought that ink was yours. Though you went on a bender friday night and got yourself a new tat. smile

I was gonna post "shoulda got sleaves done" until I read who it was.

Pretty cool really. It says a lot of what he thinks of your family and your deer camp.

You, Pam, and the kids need matching ones.

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Great pics Dave, thanks for sharing. Great Tatoo. We'll probably be cutting wood up at our camp in April.

What condition did the deer appear to be in? Not hearing anything about winter kill yet here, but I suspect this winter will have taken a toll on them in some areas.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
wow, that is either extreme dedication or a permanent solution to temporary insanity right there.

I am sure glad I dont have to get our camp name tattoed on my arm. If I did, it would say "Camp Uncle Rolly's House", which isnt quite as sexy as "Camp Chicken Buck".

You will have to ask your uncle if the chicks dig it. If so, I could see a wave of this in the future. A new business opportunity perhaps? A fad that sweeps the nation? Absolutely limitless potential. Oh, I would get it copyrighted right away! That little c with the circle around it would be priceless on your uncles arm.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Deer looked good. I don't know where they all came from, sure don't see numbers like that during season but it was a lot of fun to see them out there.

But they better hide good because i just heard that the sharp shooting efforts are starting up again.

they should be safe hanging arount there though because we are on the outer border & I mean right on the line for the zone that they will be focusing on. I have to get a trail cam out there, I saw one with horns on one side & my son saw one with horns still on both sides.

trail cam sitting at home on the table frown keep forgetting it at home.

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yowza!

I was thinking about printing up some SHOOTERVILLE~! T-shirts. Ones that you can take off. Am I not dedicated?

Craig

Wood is Good.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All that effort ... and I'm just considering getting "Will Sue for Food" placards for the County Bar Association.

GE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I thought sueing was recession proof. Maybe even recession fueled?

Craig

Wood is Good.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, there is PLENTY of work ... just not plenty of resources to pay for the work that needs to be done.

Thus, we are back to the days of taking chickens. Thank God I like roasted chicken.

GE

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm headed to the clinic, our little guy is sick, a cough that came on quick & got bad right away.

I'm affraid he has pnemonia.

Pam's up there with him now, they are doing chest xrays & blood work.

I get so scared when kids get sick, i'm just a wreck.

I'll post an update later.

Something clever here.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hang in there ND.

Hope the lil guy gets better and it's just a scare for Mom and Dad.

GE

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I hear ya ND. When one of my little ones coughs more than once my radar goes up. Kids are resilient though, he will be back up and preachin' at full strength in no time.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Get that little guy better dave.

I hate it too. Espically when they are little. they don't know what is going on other than people are poking them, they don't feel good, and they're scared.

Get better Preacher!!!

T

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
You'll have to do some shed hunting out there Dave. Maybe you can find 'ol forkey toes head gear.

Let us know how the preacher turns out. I hate it when the kids are sick too.

Our 11 year old came home from his bio father's yesterday a little beat up. Bumped and bruised and a huge fat shiner that has his left eye swelled completely shut. Seems he was tearing around on the 4 wheeler without a helmet on and decided to drive under the clothes line which caught him right in the face and ripped him off the wheeler. He is lucky to have escaped with the injuries he did.

I shudder to think of the phone call we could have received....

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Best wishes to the preacher for a speedy recovery. Those young ones bounce back quick Dave, but can still give mom and dad some sleepless nights.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
We had a scare this weekend too. My daughter, almost 6, was at a friends b-day party. Her friends mom was picking her up at school to go to a water park, and to dinner after.

We went out for a fish fry with our son, and went home. I checked our messages and there was a call from her friend at 530 saying she hoped our daughter would come over soon, because she wants to have her party.

I immeadiatly began to fear the worse and called her house. The girls grandma answered and said they hadn't seen them all day. They were supposed to meet at the pizza place and didn't show up. Well, that made it worse.

I drove to the pizza shop, 1 customer there. It was 8pm at this point. Blood pressue, and fear grew even higher...

I stopped at the house, and the girls mom came out in and asked me what was going on. I explained the situation. She told me the girls were using the phone and the girls told me they "played a trick" on us.

I started chewing on both girls about how they scared the hell out of us, and I had a mom at home crying because we were afraid our girl was outside the school waiting, or worse...

Then her dad starts mouthing off to me about yelling at his kid, but backed off when he realized I wasn't there for the fun of it, and he was two more words from losing some teeth. If my kid did wrong at somebody's house, I'd expect her to get a butt chewing, and right fully so.

Needless to say, the b-day party was cut short. I was not impressed. I may have over reacated, but I was scared schitless about my princess.

T

Last edited by tzone; 02/16/09.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yikes Tom, what a scare!!
I'm home now, preacher joe has pnemonia & strep.

they are letting us keep him at home but say he will have to be admitted if it gets any worse.

I just picked up his meds from the drug store & brought them home so hopefully we'll start a rebound real quick here.

thanks for all the concern guys, we appreciate it.

dave

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I don't think you over reacted one bit Tom! In this day and age, you can never be too careful with the kids. My wife and I talk all the time how even at very young ages we were gone from home all day and our parents never knew where we were and it was no big deal. Heck, I was gone before day break checking my gopher traps. When that was done I would meet up with friends, check in for dinner, then supper and would get the "be home before dark" speech. Now days if we don't know where our kids are for even a minute we freak out. Its really too bad too because I beleive through no fault of their own, their being robbed of some of the best adventures childhood has to offer. But now days you can't be too careful. You had every right to be uspset. I hope the next time those two girls think of pulling a stunt like that, your words will ring in their heads. If it would have been my kid, they would have had two Dad's chewing on their butts.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Holy Cow Dave! Pnemonia & strep?? Poor lil preacher. Hope the meds kick in soon and he can get back to protectin the place from chicken bucks, flying bears and swamp squids!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The "other" girls dad didn't think it was that big of a deal. but that is pretty easy to say when he wasn't the one worring about it. If we would have had some sort of contact with her durring the day, I would have had no problem, but the circumstances just worked out and bad timing on gradmas part to not have seen or heard from them all day got me scared.

Page 131 of 1,842 1 2 129 130 131 132 133 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 264magnum, 1minute, 257 roberts, 59 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,426
Posts18,489,191
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.