Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Sell your ATV's and flatten the belly.............this sucker is badazz!!! I don't have one yet, but it is on my X-mas list. You could haul camp in and out and you could haul critter parts in and out with this cool Rig.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Too much work......

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Too much work......

Exactly!!!!!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
WTF...Can I get a "hell No!"

Though, if you could get that in and out of the places I hunt, you gotta be from Colorado. People out there have rediculous metabolic rates.

Proverbs
- A wise man feareth, and departs from evil: but the fool rages, in confidence.
- It is honor for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will meddle.
- Mischief is as sport to a fool: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
WTH... You can't get in and out of some of the places I hunt with that thing.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Carolina Shooter
WTF...Can I get a "hell No!"

Though, if you could get that in and out of the places I hunt, you gotta be from Colorado. People out there have rediculous metabolic rates.

Too funny!!!

This contraption isn't for everybody, but I could use it to get in and out of camp, haul water, you name it.

Wouldn't hunt on it though.........that I reserve for my Danners..........

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Poot, One of yours or someone's in the neighborhood? I bet the people in Boulder would love that thing!

How a man acts when he wins reveals part of his character, how he acts when he loses reveals the rest.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Miller
Poot, One of yours or someone's in t he neighborhood? I bet the people in Boulder would love that thing!

Not mine, but I would like to get one. They aren't cheap............about $2500.

You are right about Boulder. Boulder tree huggers would use the thing to haul their friggin kids to school. I want it to haul elk quarters from camp to my truck grin Come to think of it, I could haul kegs of beer around as well..........

If I get one of these bikes I will be the only NRA card carrying member to ever buy one................

Last edited by Poot Peak; 04/06/09.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
That thing would actually be made-to-order for going up some of the bazillions of closed logging roads here in Montana. And the good part is they are generally uphill at a less than 6% grade....which means once youve loaded brer' deer onto that contraption, its usually a coast out....
BTW, when I used to do that on a mountain bike and ride into some game, almost invariably they stared at me and each other as if to say " who is that idiot fat guy on the bike???" It worked....
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
That would be a great hunting rig!! Very cool!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Huntr
That would be a great hunting rig!! Very cool!

Even better with a well-muffled 250cc engine!

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Or a well muscled 250lb engine.
I only weigh 220, but could probably make it climb some hills.
I have mt. biked into a place I hunt deer, they definitely look at you funny, right before they run off, never actually done it with a rifle, but more for scouting.
Will maybe try it this winter, that might be a nice rig for then.
If you get one, send me a PM and I will let you know how it does on does.

Keep Smiling
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Different strokes for different folks, I reckon, but my horse would never speak to me again if he even saw that contraption on the ranch...grin.

I don't want to even think of the reaction of the guys I hunt with if I peddled up on something like that...Of course, they questioned the manhood of a rancher who used a calf cradle to work a little bunch of calves instead of roping and dragging them to the fire. Pretty tough crowd - which suits me just fine...grin.

DJ

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've used my mountain bike to scout for deer and get in and out to change game cameras and stuff. Never to hunt with. It's amazing the number of deer that you ride right up on that stand there and watch you go by.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
With the USFS closing more roads, something like this would be a very good option to have! I'd have to get some Realtree bike shorts to go with it though... wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are many places I hunt where such a rig would work out well. But I'd never shell out $2500 for one, not even close. My game cart cost me about $100.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Or, if one wanted to save some coin, you could get one of those trailers that the yuppies use to haul their kids around, pile your gear on it, and attach it to a $50 bike and presto. You wouldn't have to worry about tipping over either.

Just hope it doesn't rain......

I agree with DJTex. I'll stick with a horse, backpack and a good pair of boots.

J
J
I've got one of these: http://www.bobgear.com/trailers/trailer.php?product_id=11

Works great as long as you aren't carrying more than 70 or so pounds at once. Once the weight goes up it get's tougher to balance. I've packed out a couple of elk on nonmotorized closed roads. Helps to have disc brakes on your bike if you want to stop. You can find them used....

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by joelweb
I've got one of these: http://www.bobgear.com/trailers/trailer.php?product_id=11

Works great as long as you aren't carrying more than 70 or so pounds at once. Once the weight goes up it get's tougher to balance. I've packed out a couple of elk on nonmotorized closed roads. Helps to have disc brakes on your bike if you want to stop. You can find them used....

Those Ibex trailers are pretty cool also. I have a buddy that has one and he uses it for unsupported trans rockies events.

I like the surley big dummy because its an excuse to buy another bike!! The frameset is about a grand and I could pull parts from some other bikes to build one for a bit less money.

A guy I work with just bought one and I thought it was apretty cool concept for hauling gear in and out of camp.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Take those pack bags off, strap them on your back, and then one could get them to my hunting ground. It would be a PIA carrying that bicycle frame around in Hells Canyon.

1Minute
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,475
Posts18,489,932
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.