Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

i dont give a chit when that kinda stuff is used when arguing with me, i deal with worse on a regular basis......but Mickey has proven time and time again that he is a gentleman and im one member that firmly believes he should be treated as such.......... [/quote]

Yup!

Proverbs
- A wise man feareth, and departs from evil: but the fool rages, in confidence.
- It is honor for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will meddle.
- Mischief is as sport to a fool: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Ringworm is typical of the schoolhouse bully. He makes attempts to mask his own fears, rather than overcome them, so no one might expect. He does this by trying to act strong by striking out at those easy marks percieved as weaker; those who will not strike back.

I feel sorry for him. My hope is that he manages to put down that fearfullness one day and realize God can and will comfort him. There is always hope...

bhtr

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dogzapper

RINGWORM just earned my *ignore* feature and has joined my very small collection.

He/She is an aggrevation that does not need my attention.

Steve

Well said, Steve.

BTW happy Resurrection day!
smile

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AI_fool
[quote=MColeman I guess I'm a troll to some degree???? wink

LOL....every once in awhile, it's fun to dwell under a bridge.[/quote]

I think that 'pass through' might be a more apt phrase that 'dwell'. smile

As a simple believer I have no problem accepting that God is not confined by the laws of physics. Just how He might accomplish the things spoken of in Scripture is far beyond my comprehension even if they were explained. I can't even understand 3-phase power so why waste breath trying to get me to understand something of the magnitude of God's reasoning and ability?

I believe....but cannot prove it to another.

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 340boy
Originally Posted by dogzapper

RINGWORM just earned my *ignore* feature and has joined my very small collection.

He/She is an aggrevation that does not need my attention.

Steve

Well said, Steve.

BTW happy Resurrection day!
smile

Friend Tim,

Same back at you, buddy. Karen and I will be off to Bible Study & Prayer Group at Christ the King Catholic Church in a few minutes. We really love Holy Week and Glorious EASTER!!!

We're helping with the RCIA Reception before and after Vigil Easter Mass this year. It'll be a late night (morning??), but it will be worth it.

God Bless You,

Your friend Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Mickey, in your manners and gentlemanly (if that's a word)responses, I think you prove your beliefs in every post. I don't think 3-phase power can be explained by NASA either. smile

Whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger. Right up until it kills you.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
How do you put someone on 'ignore'?

skywalker

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Click on their username. Then click on user profile and the ignore option is available.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by A10AII
Mickey, in your manners and gentlemanly (if that's a word)responses, I think you prove your beliefs in every post. I don't think 3-phase power can be explained by NASA either. smile

Lest anyone think too highly of me let me assure you that when I hit my thumb with a hammer you might be hard pressed to picture me as a Bible-Thumper. However, when I'm in public and dealing with others, I try to stay on my toes. Words spoken (written) by one held in low esteem do not raise my ire and if they were held in high esteem their comments would make me sit back and ask myself, "Is it true what they say of me?". If I decide their criticisms were merited the onus is on me, not them, if I am to represent The Christ on this earth.

When I was younger I was of a higher temper but as I've aged I've come to realize that anger is a lot of trouble. Getting mad over what some post is like bobbing for apples in a septic tank.....it just ain't worth it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mickey, what one does in private at a bad moment means little to me......smacking your thumb with a hammer qualifies as a bad moment and ive got alot of awe for someone that can keep their composure at such a time but never fault someone that doesnt....i do it often myself......but as far as this forum goes i really havent seen yah treat ppl with disrespect even when yah dont agree with them and and i personally prefer that they give yah the same.......

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rattler
Mickey, what one does in private at a bad moment means little to me......smacking your thumb with a hammer qualifies as a bad moment and ive got alot of awe for someone that can keep their composure at such a time but never fault someone that doesnt....i do it often myself......but as far as this forum goes i really havent seen yah treat ppl with disrespect even when yah dont agree with them and and i personally prefer that they give yah the same.......

Thanks, Sheridan. By the way, did the maypops ever come up?

A lot of the treatment of others simply stems from what we in the South call 'good manners' or, in our terms, 'being raised right'.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
messing with the seeds.....did some with out stratification and they didnt come up.....will be taking the ones i put in the fridge shortly and trying them.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Who on this forum doesn't cuss or swear in a bad moment? Hey Mick i ask a question to you a couple of days back but don't know if you got it. What speed do you run you lathe when using a carbide chamber reamer?

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

He/she/it is an aggrevation that does not need my attention. Nor will he/she/it get my attention.

Much of the attraction of the Campfire is our mutual respect for each other. Ringworm apparently does not recognize this and he/she/it exists only as an irritant.

his choice of appellation, his avatar, and his generally shrill demeanor all signal an emotionally damaged individual seeking attention, or someone who is possessed of a childish nature and enjoys their own attempts to "shock" others...

i have an intelligent and gifted 55 yr old cousin who is much this way... she will say anything to cause her parents distress... her folks, and her brother are salt of the earth types...

she owns and maintains a successful professional practice... her parents love her dearly, paid for her schooling, paid for her professional facilities and equipment... she commonly wishes them dead and does her best to kill them with ridicule, scorn, and her own self destructive tendencies.....

been too long since i've lifted their whole family situation in prayer... i'll do it now... for them, and for the person behind ringworm's facade.....

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But the length of a day has to do only with the rotation of the Earth, right, not the position of any planet in its orbit?

Sounds to me like the folks doing the calculations wanted to be able to make statements about the positions of the planets relative to the position of the Sun, not statements about which way those planets were facing.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ringworm
I didnt insult him.

Umm . . .

Originally Posted by ringworm
Dolts like you who

Is not an insult?

Maybe dolts like you deserve to get put on "ignore."

BMT

Last edited by BMT; 04/07/09.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Why don't we all put him on "ignore?"

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I believe the Bible but I will say that I heard this story at least 30 years ago when I was a small boy.

As that the day depends only on the rotation of the Earth, I just don't see any possible way that a computer program could tell if sometime in the distant past it stopped moving for a few hours.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=ringworm
IS that all you've got?
Dolts like you
idiotic ramblings.
you are DESPERATE!

I don't know these sound like insults to me.

please....
this close to the spring soltice could you come up with something a little better to stimulate me?

Believe it or not it is not about you, the spelling is "solstice".

[/quote]

What I really don't understand is your need to be so obnoxious. I am a non-believer, atheist, agnostic or whatever term people want to use, but from the tone of posts I would much rather spend the afternoon bull-[bleep] with Coleman than with you.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Mickey,

You gave Biblical references - can you please provide ANY NASA references that such a thing happened? Other than an anecdote from a man (no doubt a believer) who SAYS it happened?

I'll bet - what you wish to bet - that this NASA story is fiction. And - I'll also bet - that NASA has NEVER found what this man claims they found.

It's just another made-up story - I'll bet.

Till - NASA says otherwise.

Awaiting some NASA or scientific confirmation such a finding was ever studied and confirmed.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (219DW, 1minute, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 204guy, 1Longbow, 63 invisible), 2,603 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,600
Posts18,511,428
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.