Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe
The bottom line is that an old man got killed ON HIS OWN LAND because he would not immediately submit to a game warden's alleged authority. Hell, it would probably have only been a $500 dollar fine and a couple of points off of his license anyway.

No , the bottom line is that no one posting here (including me) knows exactly what went on other than the old man is dead. We know nothing of the actions leading up to that event.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by High_Brass
Only question I have, IS IT ILLEGAL TO SIT OVER A PILE OF CORN IN NC?

It is during spring turkey season. Bait has to be removed within 10 days of NC spring gobbler hunting.

Why was he turkey hunting? I was riding in a boat in Alaska along the beach with a rifle during spring bear season, does that mean I am bear hunting?

Good idea.

If I ever get caught illegally elk hunting I'll just tell the GW I am not really elk hunting, I am just trying to get close and observe them and I'm carrying a rifle because I'm scared of running into a bear.

That should work.

" A little solitude is a mighty precious thing "
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Yeah, I think the lesson here is not to let the game warden get the drop on you. In the future everyone should just SSS.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Nope we don't, but I find it funny some of the thoughts of others on here.

What I do know is there was a 76 year old man, private property, a game warden, and a death.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 6mm250
The bottom line is that an old man got killed ON HIS OWN LAND because he would not immediately submit to a game warden's alleged authority. Hell, it would probably have only been a $500 dollar fine and a couple of points off of his license anyway.

No , the bottom line is that no one posting here (including me) knows exactly what went on other than the old man is dead. We know nothing of the actions leading up to that event.

Mike

No, we pretty much do know what happened. And I don't really care what the GW says. As far as I'm concerned he is wrong and a murderer.

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by lodgepole

It is during spring turkey season. Bait has to be removed within 10 days of NC spring gobbler hunting.

Why was he turkey hunting? I was riding in a boat in Alaska along the beach with a rifle during spring bear season, does that mean I am bear hunting?

Good idea.

If I ever get caught illegally elk hunting I'll just tell the GW I am not really elk hunting, I am just trying to get close and observe them and I'm carrying a rifle because I'm scared of running into a bear.

That should work.

Didn't know it was illegal to carry a gun, must be in your liberal state. I know in Alaska folks carry them all the time, you would also be hard pressed to find a month of the year that some form of game isn't in season. Guess folks on salmon streams with shotguns should be ticketed for not having a hunting license.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
IMO the GW messed up big time. If he had any sense he would have come back later and caught up with the guy at his house. Instead he decides to go the "bully with a badge" route. Some GW's seem to be lacking in common sense. Just recently my cousin lost his license for a year. He was deer hunting in a state where tags are issued by county. He was in a county where he did not have a license and some archery hunters flagged him down. They had wounded a deer and could not get close enough to get another chance at it. This was during gun season too. They asked my cousin to shoot it for them to prevent further suffering. He did just that and some GW was watching the whole thing from a mile away with binocs. So he got charged for shooting a deer in the wrong county. At least he got his gun back. BTW he was in the wrong county by about 300 yards.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
But the law is the law.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
public land you're limited to a handun in 22LR with no more than a 5.5" bbl during periods of no season(s) open for any game animal.

No more than 7 1/2" Chad.
5.5" was the minimum for big game with a handgun but I think they did away with that.

Mike

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OK Mike, thanks. Sorry for the error folks.

Chad

Karma and Trouble have busses, and there's always an empty seat.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Mike

No, we pretty much do know what happened. And I don't really care what the GW says. As far as I'm concerned he is wrong and a murderer.

Oh , so you were there ?

Mike

Jerry Miculek
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The sad thing about this is that I could my dad getting into with a game warden. My dad probably hasn't even had a speeding ticket in 40 years, but he gets more and more stubborn as he gets up into his 70s. If someone were to come onto his land and presume to order him around, I could see things getting a little testy.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Mike

Oh , so you were there ?

Mike

And old man killed on his property when the underlying offense was a minor misdemeanor at best. Yep, that equals murder as far as I'm concerned and I don't have to be there to make that determination.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Don't see in the regulations about stuff you folks have been posting, except pertaining to Game Lands, which from what I gather doesn't mean a mans property.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Were you there?

Mike

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
01.00-F PRIMA FACIE EVIDENCE. The possession of any tackle or killing device in fields, forests, along streams or in any location known to be game cover, may be considered along with other evidence as prima facie evidence that the possessor is hunting or fishing.

Out of the Arkansas regulations. miles

Last edited by milespatton; 04/13/09. Reason: add documentation

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Amazing.. how many folks here were giving crap to Obama about not having the balls to handle some pirates, but now they're bashing an LEO for not running away when somebody threatened his life?

Whole story not known, but having ANY armed officer retreat due to a threat on his life is ridiculous. If anything, that's the one time that I'd say an LEO shouldn't retreat unless he's obviously outnumbered/outgunned.

And, here in Nebraska, purchasing any fishing or hunting permit does give game wardens permission to enter your house to verify that you are abiding by the possession limits. Had one GW doing a boater instructor class say how narcotics officers would use the GW's to enter suspects houses to check the freezers, and while there also look for anything laying around that they could then use to get a search warrant. But, the GW's don't have permission to trespass on your land without reasonable cause though. Know your state laws...

jmho..

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Folks have become accustomed to being servants it appears.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by lodgepole

Good idea.

That should work.

Didn't know it was illegal to carry a gun, must be in your liberal state. I know in Alaska folks carry them all the time, you would also be hard pressed to find a month of the year that some form of game isn't in season. Guess folks on salmon streams with shotguns should be ticketed for not having a hunting license.

Wyoming is liberal?

When did that happen?

I gotta read the papers more.

Thanks for the heads up.

" A little solitude is a mighty precious thing "
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Were you there?

Mike

I don't have to have been. The GW is a murderer.

Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 17Hunter, 163bc, 1234, 71 invisible), 2,042 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,829
Posts18,496,613
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.