Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 22 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 21 22
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If you don't have the right to say who does and who does not come onto your property,...it's not your property.

It's just that simple.

Amen

+1,

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Of course it's not! We're all just "renting" remember? If you actually owned it, you could do as you please, period. If you want to really "own" something you better be ready, and able, to defend it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Does GW=Gay Warden? LOL

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by tx270
Game Wardens attend the same academy as DPS (Highway Patrol) as part of the GW academy. The GW academy is actually longer than it takes to become a DPS officer. GW's have to learn all the same penal codes plus all the wildlife codes. GW's here are state police officers just like highway patrol, they do have assigned counties but their jurisdiction is everything inside state lines (except FED lands).

Did I get all that right Pat?

In Colorado, I met a Hunter Safety Instructor that had to teach a class for the Rookie D.O.W. Officers. It's not real encouraging to think that some of the people that are out there to enforce hunting regulations haven't hunted. It's possible that some had to take it in Colorado because where they came from didn't require it, but isn't that somewhat rare these days?

Steve

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm sure they exist, but I haven't met one who hunts yet.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Lodiman
Does GW=Gay Warden? LOL

That's your Department, .....no?

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ltppowell

I have. One that helped me out with a flat tire, when the miserable factory lug wrench broke was a great kid. He was a good bobcat hunter and trapper from up north. He was kinda ticked at the State of Colorado for only allowing live traps on cats.

Steve

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll correct myself. A Texas Game Warden from Leesville La, Nicest kid you'll ever meet.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Best one I've ever met was in Louisiana 20 years ago. Apparently he was the biggest 'outlaw' in several Parishes before becoming a game cop.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Use too be that a lot of Forest and Game Wardens in Alberta, and B.C. were retired / reformed Poachers,.....and great at their new chosen professions to a man.

.....and most of 'em still held trapping licenses.

All of 'em hunted.

SteelHead's right,....things WERE a lot different.

Our local crew in S.E. Az. seem to be real fine fellows, all hunters and rifle loonies. One's a guide, in his off hours.

GTC

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It takes a thief. Lots of truth to tha saying.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's not real encouraging to think that some of the people that are out there to enforce hunting regulations haven't hunted.

So we should hire ex-cons for police officers?

wink

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Best one I've ever met was in Louisiana 20 years ago. Apparently he was the biggest 'outlaw' in several Parishes before becoming a game cop.

That was like the second one I grew up knowing. I never had any encounters with him though.

Steve

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you don't have the right to say who does and who does not come onto your property,...it's not your property.

It's just that simple.

So I can't say who comes on my property and I have to pay the govt yearly rent for life in the form of property taxes.

....what's the point of owning anything anymore?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yep, but he was also a very level headed guy, great personality and the ability to separate the wheat from the chaff.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Lots of that has changed here, now. The Lower BC guys try to trick you with dumb azz questions, so they can try to search your vehicle. The North BC guts are still a decent bunch, at least the ones I run into. The AB guys, are not bad either. All of them have way too much area to cover.

R.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Barkoff
It's not real encouraging to think that some of the people that are out there to enforce hunting regulations haven't hunted.

So we should hire ex-cons for police officers?

wink

Of course not, but choir boys don't make good cops, of any genre. That's why the most exclusive agencies have the moxt laughable LEO's.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Couldn't agree more.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yep, but he was also a very level headed guy, great personality and the ability to separate the wheat from the chaff.

They made this guy a warden because they could never catch him, though they knew he was poaching. I'm not sure how much he really hunted...legally....after that. But, he was a good warden. He nailed quite a few people on some big issues.

My brother had a run-in with him for hunting without a parent or licensed adult with him. He was 16 and I think you had to be 18. Since I had moved away and my father had passed away, he was on his own for hunting. The sad part of it was that his hunting buddy's dad had passed away as well. He asked them both about where their fathers were. One saying he was dead was one thing, but when both said it, the warden thought he was getting a big story and so he reamed them pretty good.

When the other kid got home, he told his mother. She called the warden and chewed on him as only a mother can do. Didn't matter much, but was kind of humorous...in a sick sort of way.

Last edited by AI_fool; 04/13/09. Reason: clarify

Steve

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by rrroae

It's just that simple.

So I can't say who comes on my property and I have to pay the govt yearly rent for life in the form of property taxes.

....what's the point of owning anything anymore?

So you can be shot while baiting turkeys in your Golden Years.

Page 16 of 22 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (338Rules, 6mmbrfan, atvalaska, 9 invisible), 928 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,120
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.