Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
W
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
Might as well mail a check to the democratic party.

GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Well, I just bought a used Buick Lucerne, but it was in Canada, and with the exchange rate the way it is now, they didn't get much, and the 2007 car only had 13K miles on it, so I should be good for a while. laugh

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
yeah , it looks like the govt. will finsh off what is left of GM and Chrysler....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"Never" is a little bit precipitous. Let's wait and see how things shake out over the next few years.

There's always another election, and elections mean change -- or change back.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, it pisses me off. I have always like GM trucks in the full size venue but now I feel like I pretty much have to buy a ford if wanting a heavy duty truck. Wish Toyota would come out with a real 3/4 ton.

IC B2

W
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
I just convinced a relative to turn down a great deal on a GM truck for a great deal on a Tundra. He is very happy, and he did more good for the country buying the Tundra then the GM vehicle.

This is very difficult for me to say. I have been buying American for a long time!

True, never is a long time. We will see what GM turns into, but I have little hope.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Worst vehicle, only lemon, I've ever had was a toyota. 2005 matrix XR. Never made an oil change without a service call. Traded at 14 months and 18k miles before warranty ran out. I don't see how anyone can say buying a toyota is better for this country.
My 2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax is completely built in the USA. 5/100 warranty and I just hand calc'd 17 mpg combined.

W
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
I'm not arguing that a Toyota is better then a GM vehicle. I'm arguing that spending money on GM products is becoming rigged so as to preferentially benefit the democratic party.

More then ever when I spend a dollar I consider what political effect it will have.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
What kind of mileage did you get with the Matrix?

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I am in the same boat, I will not purchase another GM product at long as Obama/UAW are in charge.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dave588
5/100 warranty

Good luck with your warranty. I have a 2008 Yukon with a front end that vibrates like a bed in a cheap motel at 70 mph.
GM has already announced that dealers should prepare for not getting paid for warranty work or rebates.
What do you really think the odds are of a dealer paying out of his pocket to fix your vehicle?
I said I'd never buy another GM when I traded the NotsoDuramax in. I should have listended to myself and bought a Ford. cry

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I like GM products, currently own a 2002 Tahoe that's one of the best vehicles I've ever owned and had a 95 and a 99 before that. I've always bought American but I agree with you. Seems like that would apply not just to GM but to anything built by the UAW.

To be honest if I was a UAW member I'd probably vote for and contribute to the political party that seemed best for me and my family, hard to blame anyone for doing that even if it's the democrats. On the other hand I don't feel the democrats policies are in my best interest or the country's so I won't be buying American again unless things change. From what I'm hearing there are a lot of people that feel this way. Hard times for the American auto industry might get a lot worse.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
i quit buying gm 15 years ago. never would buy a chrysler. i have 3 toyota's, and will get more when these play out.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'll be driving Toyota trucks from now on.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like GM products. My late dad, who knew mechanical things quite well, drove Buicks and a Cadillac. I have owned three Corvettes.

We drive Ford products at the moment but we would look at GM and Chrysler for sure.

I never liked jap products. They killed my uncle Mike on Luzon and started WW2 for us.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Stetson
Originally Posted by Dave588
5/100 warranty

Good luck with your warranty. I have a 2008 Yukon with a front end that vibrates like a bed in a cheap motel at 70 mph.
GM has already announced that dealers should prepare for not getting paid for warranty work or rebates.
What do you really think the odds are of a dealer paying out of his pocket to fix your vehicle?
I said I'd never buy another GM when I traded the NotsoDuramax in. I should have listended to myself and bought a Ford. cry

Sell it quick. I had the same issues. Front diff was wrecked, tranny had issues. For some reason I bought the extended warranty and it paid for itself twice on my Tahoe. All before 110,000 miles.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I gave up on GM about 15 years ago after the local dealer screwed me on a repair on a Blazer. I had to get a lawyer involved, then things moved along. If GM goes down the tube I'd never miss em. I'm running a Ram 1500, my daughter is running my old Jeep (96 with 210K) and wife likes Audis. I look forward to going to the liquidation auction at the local GM dealer.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a Dodge Dakota in 2001, that the transmission kept going out in. I was i nthe middle of a PCS move, when it left me stranded. The dealer quoted me 5 days to fix. 7 days (business)later, truck was still not fixed. I called Chrysler customer service in Detroit, and told the guy how upset I was. The guy told me that oh well, pretty much, and then I told him that I will tell everyone I know to not buy Chrysler. The guy told me it would not hurt them at all, when I repleied back, "One day you'll be bankrupt." Well 8 years later, and look where Chrysler is now, right along with GM.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most GM cars and practically all Chrysler vehicles that I have ever been in were rattletrap bastids. I feel for those folks whose jobs are tied to those companies, but the products don't do anything for me.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why would anyone worry about warranty work on a GM vehicle? Our Glorious Leader has given his personal promise that all warranty work will be honored. grin

I must of missed something in the last couple of hours while I was actually working doing paperwork. I thought it was Chrysler that's down the tubes. To be sure, GM may follow, but not quite yet as far as I know.

If BamBam is gonna do to GM like he did to Chrysler, and turn it over to the UAW, and f**k the creditors, the stockholders and the bondholders, and the goobermint and the UAW are gonna run the show, I don't think we have to be much concerned about with the future of either company. They are for sure gonna go t*ts up for real.

Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

644 members (06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1234, 67 invisible), 16,955 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,191
Posts18,543,406
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.