Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Stetson

GM has already announced that dealers should prepare for not getting paid for warranty work or rebates.
What do you really think the odds are of a dealer paying out of his pocket to fix your vehicle?

Just wondering where you are getting your information?

Hemi

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You guys buying Tundras/Toyota's must not be hauling campers/trailers etc; no way I'd put a 2,500lb camper on a Toyota Tundra, 3/4 ton or not.

Wook

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Wook
You guys buying Tundras/Toyota's must not be hauling campers/trailers etc; no way I'd put a 2,500lb camper on a Toyota Tundra, 3/4 ton or not.

Wook

That is a funny post right there!

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wouldn't have bought one before!

FoMoCo gets my $$$$$

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
It just seem to me that the government will work hard to ensure that Ford does not succeed. Either by giving GM/Chrysler certain advantages or by punishing Ford.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Wook

Why not? Have you ever done it? I've hauled well more then that without issue(s). Do Toyota's have the power of diesels? No! Can they/do they haul and pull significant weight? Yes!

I just hauled four guys, enough gear and food for 2 days of PDog shooting, and a 4-place ATV trailer loaded with three full size (300cc - 750cc) ATV's and one dirt bike. Drove from Denver to northern Wyoming, up hills, down hills, and through 15 miles of some of the nastiest mud I've seen in a long time. Plenty of power, extremely comfortable, decent gas mileage, and never got stuck. Truck is a 2005 Tundra DoubleCab TRD. Doesn't sound too bad to me. Oh, I used to pull a heavy 21' ski boat and trailer with enough food and gear for a week. No issues then either.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by logger
It just seem to me that the government will work hard to ensure that Ford does not succeed. Either by giving GM/Chrysler certain advantages or by punishing Ford.

How is that? Just because Ford got their money 2 years ago, why would they want to let them fail. And yes, Ford did get money- they got a line of credit 2 years ago- before all this crap happened.

Hemi

Edit to add:

Ford has drawn over 10 billion off their "secure line of credit" since the 4th qtr of 2008. So how do you think that line of credit is secured or better yet, who is guarantor on it- The govmt?

Last edited by Hemi; 05/04/09.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think he means a slide in camper, not pulling capacity.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Wook

He talked about "hauling campers/trailers etc." Simply addressing his comments.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've owned two American cars in my life - an Oldsmobile Omega and a Chevy S10 Blazer. Both were fun - but both were money pits. It is super unlikely that I'll ever buy another American car. I've been VERY happy with my last two Nissans.

Last edited by Ivan; 05/04/09.

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Had major problems with the last 3 GM vehicles I owned. 79 Chev Malibu and 82 Olds Cutlas Supreme both had major engine problems. My 86 Olds Cutlas Ciera was the best of the bunch, but the tranny took a dump at 85K. Then there was a Dodge and Ford.

Wife now has a Honda and its been bullet proof. When my Explorer dies I'll probably replace it with another Ford or Toyota.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hemi

GM has already announced that dealers should prepare for not getting paid for warranty work or rebates.
What do you really think the odds are of a dealer paying out of his pocket to fix your vehicle?

Hemi

Dude seriously. I live in Detroit. All my neighbors, family and friends are in the auto business. Besides they've been running that story on the news here nightly so it must be true! LOL
Other than that not being able to get a truck that's six months old with 4k on it repaired kinda makes you take notice if ya know what I mean. mad

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Hemi

Dude seriously. I live in Detroit. All my neighbors, family and friends are in the auto business. Besides they've been running that story on the news here nightly so it must be true! LOL
Other than that not being able to get a truck that's six months old with 4k on it repaired kinda makes you take notice if ya know what I mean. mad

Really? confused Must be different here in Michigan vs Wyoming. My sister store (GM-across the street, I am a Chrysler dealer) is still doing warranty work and getting rebate and incentive payments from GM. No word they are not going to pay them either. Also, our other 3 GM stores are also getting paid and doing warranty work.
What do "all your friends in the auto business" do?

Hemi

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I wouldn't touch GM right now. I traded in a Toyota and got a Ford. The Ford (Made in USA) has been a better vehicle so far than the Toyota (Made in Japan). The Toyota's glass and paint were very poor quality (very easily chipped), the rear end gear was in a Lot known to break (Toyota would not fix until it actually came apart) and the front end cracked on some.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Not lie to make a buck? LOL I know English can be a challange for some so when you go back and read my post you may want to pay attention to what I said;
"dealers should prepare for not getting paid for warranty work or rebates".
KEY WORD: PRE PARE .
If your sisters dealership is in MI like you say how about if you send me her name so I can get my Yukon repaired?
I'd appreciate it. wink

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Wook

Very capable, extremely well put together and fully featured. If the power isn't enough for you (and the 5.7 iForce is pretty stout for starters; 383 HP, 403 lb/ft torque) you can slap on a TRD, fully factory warrantied supercharger for less than $7K installed. Then you'd be sporting 504 HP and 550 lb/ft torque...http://www.trdusa.com/featuredpart.c...=Superchargera.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
GM and Chrysler seem to be in a different place than Ford. While Ford secured a $20 plus billion line of credit several years ago, it was all private money. They do have a stand by line of credit with the government for about $10 Billion but have not taken any of that money. The difference is that Ford shareholders have not been wiped out (at least not yet), as it appears that both Chrysler and GM will be. Therefore, Ford is still independently owned while the other two will have the Federal government as a large shareholder. Politically, it will look bad if Ford succeeds as an independent while the other two companies need substantial government assistance. To counter the types of reactions voiced in this thread and elsewhere, it would seem very natural for a large shareholder (that due to being the government also has enormous regulatory and financial power) to try to make Ford indistinguishable from the other two car companies.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Not lie to make a buck? LOL I know English can be a challange for some so when you go back and read my post you may want to pay attention to what I said;
"dealers should prepare for not getting paid for warranty work or rebates".
KEY WORD: PRE PARE .
If your sisters dealership is in MI like you say how about if you send me her name so I can get my Yukon repaired?
I'd appreciate it. wink

My bad, I got that turned around. Meaning, things must be different in Michigan than in Wyoming- we have no stores in Michigan.
Still, where does you information come from as far as be prepared? Still no communication as far as that goes- actually just the opposite.

With all those friends, Family, and neighbors in the auto business you can't get your GM serviced? Where do they "all" work? Factories? Suppliers? Support? Transportation? Dealers? GM directly?

Hemi

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Oh boy........it's contagious, kinda like the swine flu.

I believe he said and meant "sister store", as in not related by birth/blood, but much like having a "sister city" a "sister hood" and not like "this is my seeester".

You gotta hate it when you think the stars are all aligned and the kill just a simple formality......then, all chit breaks lose.......grin.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by logger
GM and Chrysler seem to be in a different place than Ford. While Ford secured a $20 plus billion line of credit several years ago, it was all private money. They do have a stand by line of credit with the government for about $10 Billion but have not taken any of that money. The difference is that Ford shareholders have not been wiped out (at least not yet), as it appears that both Chrysler and GM will be. Therefore, Ford is still independently owned while the other two will have the Federal government as a large shareholder. Politically, it will look bad if Ford succeeds as an independent while the other two companies need substantial government assistance. To counter the types of reactions voiced in this thread and elsewhere, it would seem very natural for a large shareholder (that due to being the government also has enormous regulatory and financial power) to try to make Ford indistinguishable from the other two car companies.

I may be completely wrong, but I am pretty sure Ford cashed out all of that 10.1 billion dollar line of credit after they lost over 5 billion in the last QTR of '08.

Hemi

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 10,032 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,354
Posts18,546,719
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.