Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Good ole Liar24............

Still no pics I see of the infamous SC model 70's.

This is what a picture looks like Lee.....

[Linked Image]

Those go to FN model 70's, of which none will be Safari Express, Super Express, or Super Grades.

Your knowledge of triggers is only trumped by your ability to lie through your teeth.

While your claiming to have done research and development for Winchester, please provide the engineers you've worked with there.......timeframes wouldn't hurt either.
Careful now, I might just know one or two. Feel free to name drop any and all fellers or ladies that you know that worked there.

For the record, if a trigger can't be adjusted down safely to 2lbs., with zero creep, I'll replace it with one that will, or simply not own the firearm that would house such a contraption.

I've also found that carrying nice and cold keeps me from having AD's with boring regularity.

GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
triggerguard,
Can you name this mystery man at Winchester?
I won't hold my breath.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
My take on trigger weight, for the very little it's worth, is that I like my triggers to be consistent to the degree possible. I don't want to have one at 4lbs and another at 2. I've not measured the weight on every trigger, but the ones I have were right in the 2.25 - 2.5 lb range, and I try to keep them all consistent by feel. That goes for all rifles, mountain and otherwise, but the heaviest rifle I own is probably a factory mag contour with a 26 inch barrel.

There have been triggers that I could not get down to that range safely and without creep, and they were yanked out and worked on or replaced with aftermarket or with other adjusted factory triggers.

Practice with one rifle then applies more equally to all other rifles, in my way of thinking.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Sitka,
I didn't pretend to guess what you or CWH2 knows about hunting.
He obviously knows nothing about me, and his snotty talk about others not having experience is laughable. Why don't you folks keep that trash talk out of here, on your street corner?

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Lee24
triggerguard,
I won't hold my breath.

Can you name any of the engineers you supposedly worked with at Winchester?

Of course you can't..........

IC B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Sitka,
I didn't pretend to guess what you or CWH2 knows about hunting.
He obviously knows nothing about me, and his snotty talk about others not having experience is laughable. Why don't you folks keep that trash talk out of here, on your street corner?

Put up some proof (starting with that Winchester M70 .375 Safari, roll stamped "Made in Columbia, SC"), or STFU.

Pretty damned simple, really. Even for you, you lying sack of rotten dog schit.............

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
It's pretty obvious you guys never talked to anyone at Winchester about my rifles. You're busted. Let's move on to your next embarassment.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
I have a name, his capacity at Winchester, and his direct number.

Post the rifle pics with SN, you lying son of a motherless goat, and those will get forwarded IMMEDIATELY, as they still contend such does not exist or at the very least THAT WINCHESTER NEVER MADE IT!

You can't prove you have it, because either it doesn't exist, or it's a fake.

Given my contacts, and I'm sure Matt Williams' contacts, your ass will be made as soon as any pics surfaced.

You know it, and yet you're too big of a pathological liar to admit you've been made.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Why does this sound EXACTLY like "Give me your load?" How is it the arguments are identical in their lack of basics and terminology?

Same:same? Same wiring:same wiring?

"I win!" sounds pretty hollow in so many places...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
RickF, tiggerguard, VANimrod and others -

just a word from the sidelines - worth what it cost you.

"If you wrestle a pig in the mud, you will get dirty - whether you win or not."

Timneys set to 1 kg (roughly 2 lps +) on my Mausers - Kermit

[Linked Image]

being the closesed I own to a mountain rifle - 6mm Remington.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

IC B3

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by cmg
RickF, tiggerguard, VANimrod and others -

just a word from the sidelines - worth what it cost you.

"If you wrestle a pig in the mud, you will get dirty - whether you win or not."

Timneys set to 1 kg (roughly 2 lps +) on my Mausers - Kermit

[Linked Image]

being the closesed I own to a mountain rifle - 6mm Remington.

That oughta shoot a right good ways up the side of a mountain.........

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Too bad the mods can't permanently bestow this as Liar24s avatar, 'cause he's damned sure earned it:

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
triggerguard,
I won't hold my breath.

Take a real good look at the picture I posted and then ask yourself, "does this guy possibly know someone at Winchester?"

Now, I'll even let you steal that picture to prove you know how to package and ship, or engineer, or even machine parts, just so you have something credible to add to a thread.

I'll post a picture of 1 of the 4 CNCs I have on the floor, so you can claim you run those too.

I'll even state once again that I've got a real model 70 that's yours free when you show me that rollstamp in a picture, with your mug. I'll throw in some bottom metal, new extractor, and a month's supply of Tucks Medicated Pads to soothe that soreness that must be most overwhelming by now...

Oink....Oink....Oink.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
3lbs no creep.

Lee24, I betcha that you could have one of those special 375hh marked made in Columbia, SC made for you in China. You could then hold your head high.

I don't know you but I do probably have one of last 375HH model 70 made in New Haven I purchased it at a walmart in Fairbanks about 1 year after the New Haven plant closed down. It is a stainless steel 375 hh with synthetic stock.

I will show you a picture of my gun, if you show me a picture of yours.

Sincerely,
Thomas

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lee 24, I live about 2 hours North of the FN plants in SC. Send me the pictures of your .375 and I will drive down to the plant and show them to any person you designate in order to once and for all corroborate your story.

Put up or Shut Up

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Heck I'm willing to throw it into one of the boxes that I ship to them weekly.........Save ya the gas.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It'd be worth the gas to see proof positive of this mythical Winchester.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Why does this sound EXACTLY like "Give me your load?" How is it the arguments are identical in their lack of basics and terminology?

art

Go [bleep] yourself, Art.

In that case, TryMe said he had a load that would do certain things, then got all wierd about posting the particulars- AFTER about 70+ pages of crowing about how his load trumped all. Since loading manuals say that RL15 nets about 2525 fps at max pressure, from a 26" barrel, and TryMe was claiming a full 2700 fps from a 22" barrel, I am for THINKING that something was screwy there, and within the context of the pissin' match it was entirely appropriate to press for the specifics of that load. And, in fact, seeing TryMe squirm and dodge and fail to produce the load confirmed that it was WAY overpressure and over-length, too.

Which you would agree with, if you didn't have your head up TryMe's butt.

So you are damn right that I'll declare victory when the other guy

a) is shown a competing load (for .308) that functionally equals the one he's pimping, AND

b) then refuses to even give the basic loading data for his supposed load, about which the whole pissing match was based.

By the way, Art, you yourself sure got weasely when it was time to actually explain whether you were advocating that a person slide their head all over the stock "chasing" the image of a variable eye relief scope... OR that they place their head so far forward as to compromise the eye box a low power settings. It's one or the other, there ain't no third choice to be had, and when confronted by that, you just fell into your "yer so stoopid!" routine. Yawn.

Finally, if you'd like me to clean your clock on the "black around the image" actually helping with parallax as a little bonus to my preferred way of shooting, which is to maintain a consistant cheek weld and accept the vignetting, I'd be happy to, but that's another one you conveniently went into your "yer so stoopid" mode on. Yawn.

As to this particular pissing match that you all are in, have at it. I've said my piece- that a trigger set at 2-ish pounds works best for me, and that I think Lee24 is wrong to state that HIS way is the best way. Beyond that, this isn't my fight, and if you guys would just keep my [bleep] name out of it, you can have it all to yourselves.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

art

Go [bleep] yourself, Art.

In that case, TryMe said he had a load that would do certain things, then got all wierd about posting the particulars- AFTER about 70+ pages of crowing about how his load trumped all. Since loading manuals say that RL15 nets about 2525 fps at max pressure, from a 26" barrel, and TryMe was claiming a full 2700 fps from a 22" barrel, I am for THINKING that something was screwy there, and within the context of the pissin' match it was entirely appropriate to press for the specifics of that load. And, in fact, seeing TryMe squirm and dodge and fail to produce the load confirmed that it was WAY overpressure and over-length, too.

Which you would agree with, if you didn't have your head up TryMe's butt.

So you are damn right that I'll declare victory when the other guy

a) is shown a competing load (for .308) that functionally equals the one he's pimping, AND

b) then refuses to even give the basic loading data for his supposed load, about which the whole pissing match was based.

By the way, Art, you yourself sure got weasely when it was time to actually explain whether you were advocating that a person slide their head all over the stock "chasing" the image of a variable eye relief scope... OR that they place their head so far forward as to compromise the eye box a low power settings. It's one or the other, there ain't no third choice to be had, and when confronted by that, you just fell into your "yer so stoopid!" routine. Yawn.

Finally, if you'd like me to clean your clock on the "black around the image" actually helping with parallax as a little bonus to my preferred way of shooting, which is to maintain a consistant cheek weld and accept the vignetting, I'd be happy to, but that's another one you conveniently went into your "yer so stoopid" mode on. Yawn.

As to this particular pissing match that you all are in, have at it. I've said my piece- that a trigger set at 2-ish pounds works best for me, and that I think Lee24 is wrong to state that HIS way is the best way. Beyond that, this isn't my fight, and if you guys would just keep my [bleep] name out of it, you can have it all to yourselves.

That much sand in your mangina has to hurt, huh, Jeff_Obama..........

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
A peep scope...........why didn't someone think of that before...

Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

121 members (6MMWASP, 673, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 1minute, 29aholic, 11 invisible), 1,832 guests, and 915 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,941
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.