Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by HoundGirl

But...but....

In a past life, I was a man.

Jane, here's the weird part...I believe you! shocked
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Quality Assurance Inspector at the local Bordello grin

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Personnel Interviewer at the local bordello...
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Worked in Africa once,....

.......for a French oil company.

best chow I've EVER had in bush camps.

I don't think it was all Beef, either.

We need a Brit Navy ghost vet,....to explain this "Salt Horse" bit.

Yuk,....sure glad I became a Vegan .

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good, I was serious<grin>!!

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Mark Twain

Part of me lives with the wind in my face,
while the other part is barely alive.

--Mary Gauthier
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
You never played rookie ball in Modesto did you?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by HoundGirl
Good, I was serious<grin>!!

I told you before..you're an Old Soul... smile
Ingwe

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's a toss up for me;

Working for the Boy Scouts as a 50 mile hike guide, as an employee, at a scout camp was a blast. I done that one summer, and the next year I ran their rifle range. It was even more fun the final three weeks of the summer -- Those were Girl Scout weeks!!! wink I don't know how it's done now that Scouts are co-ed. Ahh the good ol' days.

The other job that was also a all about having a good time was working for the National Park Service as a historical interpreter at Ft. Laramie. Most of the time I was a Cav. Soldier. but did stints as prospector, bartender, jackass artillery (Cavalry that drug around and fired 12lb mountain howitzers), mountain man, Post Subtler, etc. We also had to put on two half hour educational programs every day too. Along with approving what was in the bookstore, writing info for signs, pamphlets, the web site, etc. Everything that had to do with presenting an accurate and informative interpretation of the fort to the public.

I even got paid by the Park Service to go on archaeological digs to places like the Custer Battlefield, Ft. Smith MT, And Fort Phil Kearny (Bighorns), while I was getting class credits from UW too. That was an awesome job for those three months every year (I was there for 6 summers), but I had to find year 'round work when school was over. It didn't take me long to figure out that I didn't want to go back to a high school for a job though.

If I ever get rich, I think I'd take either of those two jobs again just for the entertainment value!!

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
You never played rookie ball in Modesto did you?
No...Scottsdale...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Cool. I played Triple A in Phoenix, and spring training was in Scottsdale. Great place.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
going into alders so thick every step was a trip, looking for a wounded brown bear that wasn't hit well enough or had his own ideas about dieing.

or rerigging tents in a 40-60 mph blow in the middle of the night while rain fell like buckets and making a new channel for the beaver pond behind camp with coffee can lids cause there wasn't a shovel within a 100 miles.

course it was offset by the occassional bluebird day, fishing beyond belief, seeing 10K caribou in one eyefull and getting paid to hunt.

course working in a field dominated by young women in their child bearing years had it's highlights too, though twas a bunch more fun from 21-42 than it is at 50

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was a long time ago....

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Learning how to be a world class lover...many fringe benefits.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Squirt bottle guy/judge in wet tee shirt contests. Did that several times, never made a dime.

The cleanest fun - working on a wildlife refuge as a teenager, with a group of about 30 other teens. Somehow I wrangled the job of photographer and transit operator.

Sitting back, I can think of several others through the years. Makes me wanna go job hunting!

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Toss-up between Forest Service trail crew and gunsmithing.

I guy can starve either way..... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One summer when I was a teenager I got a job teaching kids how to sail. So I went out sailing every day and got paid for it. Hard to beat.

Working as a motorcycle parts salesman - working as a gun salesman. Got to spend all day talking about my hobby and got paid for it. Also hard to beat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by natman
One summer when I was a teenager I got a job teaching kids how to sail. So I went out sailing every day and got paid for it. Hard to beat.

My first "stash" job in the Navy was for four months while waiting to start flight school/ I was teaching sailing once a week to officer candidates on a 44' ketch at NAS Pensacola. "Today the Navy is good" they said they'd get their pound of flesh later and so they did!

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Funniest as in strangest job had to be that day I was hired to work for a nuclear fuel plant South of Buffalo. We had to suit up three layers deep complete with mask hooked to an airline and go into radioactive rooms to "clean" them. They gave us a bucket with soapy water and a large brush and we were told to scrub the walls then rinse them. It was August and the heat and humidity in those rooms was stifling. I maxed out my rad badge in two rooms for a total of 2 hrs. I made over $100 that day. I often reflect on how the heck soap and water had anything to do with cleaning a radioactive room.

Disrobing after the exposure was just as strange. We were met by plant workers also in suits. They had us carefully removing our layers and stepping out of them in a manner that kept the inner layer from touching the layer being removed. I remember walking at least 20 feet on a special mat dumping each item of clothing while backing up. Then a special shower. Final inspection of body for any rads with a geiger counter...

Yep one very strange job. Hell I was 18 and stupid back then.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was a bartender in Rascals Comedy Club for 17 years,I got to hang out with alot of famous comedians,Kinneson,Dice,Jackie Martling,Tim Allen....and work with hot waitresses,not to mention drinking for free.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Don Gordon
Pulling Trap & Skeet at the Playboy Club in Lake Geneva when I was 17.
We have a winner...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1minute, 1Longbow, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 53 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,425
Posts18,470,717
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.